Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Limited Edition Console

OP I Am Tiberius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With Infinite being a launch title, I feel the chances of getting an Halo Infinite Limited Edition console/controller, at launch, are fairly low. Would the day one launch of an Halo themed console increase your chances of being a day one purchaser or increase the amount you're willing to pay? I bought the Halo 4 console and loved the design and sounds. Personally, I'd be all over it.
The thing I want is a bundle, a Halo Infinite Themed Scarlett with the Legendary edition, or whatever they choose to call the biggest collector's edition of it.
Naqser wrote:
The thing I want is a bundle, a Halo Infinite Themed Scarlett with the Legendary edition, or whatever they choose to call the biggest collector's edition of it.
This please
Naqser wrote:
Yes please and thank you!
Yeah I'd love to see a Legendary Edition console bundle! :D
I'd be surprised if there wasn't for both the Scarlet/Halo due to them launching at the same time. If they left it too late then it be a missed opportunity.
Naqser wrote:
Definitely this! I've wanted this so many times in the past it's not funny. I end up having two copies of x halo game which I always end up selling one to one of my friends and it's not a big deal but still. This needs to be a thing or give the option for the console bundle to get everything the legendary edition offers as well.
I think it'd be a missed opportunity if they follow the theme of making a game-specific console like they did for Reach, Halo 4, and Guardians. I think most of us would be a lot happier to be able to purchase a Chief-themed Scarlett than one based on Zeta Halo or something random in Infinite.

I remember listing after the Halo 3 Xbox 360 for hours online on account of its visual influence from Chief's armor. It was a beautiful console and it felt way more "Halo," than any other LE Halo console ever (even outpaced the translucent green OG Xbox for CE in my book).

If 343i wants to push all the nostalgia buttons, they should go all out in making the Chief-Box.
Yes that would be amazing.
I feel since its a new gen console, it wouldn't get the day one edition or something AND an infinite version AND a version for all other launch titles. I think it's too new for that maybe although I would pay extra for a Halo infinite themes scarlett on day one with the highest collector stuff in it
Naqser wrote:
that would be amazing
It'd be a monument to all our sins, a delightful one that is haha
With notes and top secret stuff like Reach had
I think if they made a limited edition console for the Scarlett it would make me want to buy one more. As of right now, Infinite will run on my Xbox One so there isn't a lot of motivation to upgrade out of the gate. I've always wanted a limited edition console though, I've only ever had basic consoles. If they put as much effort into it as the new Gears console it would be a must.
My question is what would we like to see it themed as?

Do we want it to be inspired by Chief and that style. Laser etched armor markings and the case to look like plating?

Or maybe Forerunner tech and etched lines and circuits. I think that’d be cool too. Maybe have some LEDs that light up the runs.

They could honestly do a multitude of things. Personally I love the smaller little Easter eggs they include. Maybe include Spartan Service tags on a side or something? Or maybe even on the underside (so you could see it if it was vertical) the memorial from Halo 3?

I also like the idea of startup and power down sounds. I think the shield charge would be a nice touch for a startup and then the power down sound could be the beeping when your shield is gone or something.
I don't think ill be buying any sort of themed console though whether I buy the next Xbox depends on the console itself.

So depends if the game+console seem good & whether the price is reasonable.

Do we want it to be inspired by Chief and that style. Laser etched armor markings and the case to look like plating?

Or maybe Forerunner tech and etched lines and circuits. I think that’d be cool too. Maybe have some LEDs that light up the runs.

They could honestly do a multitude of things. Personally I love the smaller little Easter eggs they include. Maybe include Spartan Service tags on a side or something? Or maybe even on the underside (so you could see it if it was vertical) the memorial from Halo 3?

I also like the idea of startup and power down sounds. I think the shield charge would be a nice touch for a startup and then the power down sound could be the beeping when your shield is gone or something.
I've always liked matte gray, green, tan themes. Make it look like a piece of UNSC storage equipment with an ordnance number and serial number.

I've always liked matte gray, green, tan themes. Make it look like a piece of UNSC storage equipment with an ordnance number and serial number.
What you just described reminds me a lot of the Halo 3 Xbox 360 Limited Edition Console & I absolutely loved the simplistic design it had, that when you looked at the Xbox it looked like some kind of tech you would see the UNSC have setup near equipment. If they did end up making a Halo Infinite Limited Edition Console(which I really hope for) I hope they design the console with the hybrid art style 343 is going for now which I'm loving. If possible it would be neat if they had the shield regen sound play when starting up the system.
With Infinite being a launch title, I feel the chances of getting an Halo Infinite Limited Edition console/controller, at launch, are fairly low. Would the day one launch of an Halo themed console increase your chances of being a day one purchaser or increase the amount you're willing to pay? I bought the Halo 4 console and loved the design and sounds. Personally, I'd be all over it.
I actually think this is more incentive to create a Limited Edition console/controller. It would be the ultimate way to kick off a new console generation and I think it would sell well because you have fans jacked up for a new console gen and a new Halo.

I would just be fairly surprised if it didn't exist. I actually am saving for it already that is how much I feel it will be a thing.
Naqser wrote:
You said it best. Give the people what they want!
yea probably im gonna start saving my money up for scarlet after Christmas shopping is done with if there will be a limited edition scarlet I may try to get that if not oh well I will just get them together anyway that's my plan anyway
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2