Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

HALO INFINITE MAX RANK

OP FluX Reign

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’m really hoping that in halo infinite the put in something to be achieved at max rank. Reach had the haunted helmet, halo 4 had nothing and halo 5 has the mantle emblem(woooh). Halo 5 has achilles armor but even that lacks the good feeling of accomplishing something like halo 3 recon or reaches haunted did. Unlocking those was a huge goal and was awesome. But being almost rank 152 in halo 5 for me theirs no point other than to be max rank. No prize, no incentive, no point and that sucks. It would help the longevity of the game in my opinion. Especially if they take 5 years for a game instead of 3. What does everybody else think? Curious
FluX Reign wrote:
I’m really hoping that in halo infinite the put in something to be achieved at max rank. Reach had the haunted helmet, halo 4 had nothing and halo 5 has the mantle emblem(woooh). Halo 5 has achilles armor but even that lacks the good feeling of accomplishing something like halo 3 recon or reaches haunted did. Unlocking those was a huge goal and was awesome. But being almost rank 152 in halo 5 for me theirs no point other than to be max rank. No prize, no incentive, no point and that sucks. It would help the longevity of the game in my opinion. Especially if they take 5 years for a game instead of 3. What does everybody else think? Curious
I don't know - Achilles was a lot harder to achieve than the Hayabusa. Recon was almost impossible in Halo 3.
I too hope they add some reward that is more coveted than the previous halo max rank rewards.
I think that it could be some armor set, I just hope that emblems are unlocked from the start.

It could be even a new armor set every major rank (as in no unlocks during grades) if the ranks are named though rarer could be fine, it's not like player would need to rank up every day, or even every second, so there's really no need for so many ranks as there recently has been.

And im not sure what exactly are you after in this topic, I assumed the reward for achieving max rank so I put above part accordingly.
As to why I have doubts about that, you mentioned few examples that are unlocked in a different manner like Recon in Halo 3 (vidmaster challenges) as example.
Halo 4 max rank was access to every ‘class armor’ and perks/tacticals. Which is much less than that boring h5 emblem.

Personally, I’d like to have anything to show off and be proud. In halo 5, yes I can show off the mantle emblem but hardly anyone new knows that means max rank. A special emblem, weapon skin, etc that can be easily recognizable as max rank. As for the ranks themselves, max rank should be about 2 months of gameplay (not 2 months of real time.)

I heard that halo infinite will have have a ‘token of appreciation’ which honestly sounds like a participation medal at a kids race but anywho I’ll try to stay optimistic until we get more details.

Spoiler:
Show
KayMrt wrote:
I don't know - Achilles was a lot harder to achieve than the Hayabusa.
Achilles wasn't harder to achieve than Hayabusa, it was just more grindy. Generally speaking, I'd rather unlock things from a challenge (find all skulls) than a grind (slaughter marines for months)
KayMrt wrote:
Achilles wasn't harder to achieve than Hayabusa, it was just more grindy. Generally speaking, I'd rather unlock things from a challenge (find all skulls) than a grind (slaughter marines for months)
Same, I would rather get armor through achievements or skulls. If not that second best would be how armor was unlocked in reach. Just don’t like getting something random out a req pack that you could waste real money on to get stuff faster
FluX Reign wrote:
What does everybody else think? Curious
I play mmo's in between Halos so I love grinding for rewards.
KayMrt wrote:
Hayabusa was all achievements, not all skulls, no?

Certainly the difficulty comes from two places and Achilles isn't necessarily hard it's just lengthy,
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Certainly the difficulty comes from two places and Achilles isn't necessarily hard it's just lengthy,
I thought it was all skulls.
Geoffyz wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

I thought it was all skulls.
The katana was 1,000 gamerscore
I am hoping they use the Halo Reach ranking system. Using credits as a way to buy armor was a really cool feature. Not to mention the awesome customization Reach had.
Yeh hopefully the haunted helmet returns for max rank. I also hope they ditch the awful 152 rank system from Halo 5, go back to Reach's rank system since a number system is boring, makes the grind to max rank feel even more tedious and I wish they would tone down the insane exp needed since it's exhausting and not fun, dis-encourages any interest in playing custom games because H5's grind is too long. I remember when Halo 3 did the 1 to 50 and it felt like I could take a break since there wasn't any overwhelming mile stones. Look at Doom 16's rank for example...sure it's sort of big but at the same time it's not big and isn't easy to quickly rush through like Halo 4 was.

KayMrt wrote:
Agreed, I hated the idea of Achilles because it felt I was forced into a Spartan Company...even though I have no interest in getting involved in one just to grind an armour and yet I feel forced to just for completionist sake, the funny part is I don't even use it. Unlocks should be about getting a couple of friends together and doing something meaningful like the classic Halo Vidmaster challenge for Recon and not about how much time I've wasted doing the same thing over, over. Nowadays I see people using Achilles and I generally see no reason to get excited for it since all it shows is how much time someone has wasted grinding the commendations instead of doing fun, challenging. Generally I'm sick of games lately trying everything into a tedious grind.........it's generally infuriating.
Regice554 wrote:
I too hope they add some reward that is more coveted than the previous halo max rank rewards.
I'm sure they will be some sort of reward. I'm still curious as to what the "token of appreciation" is going to be for those who hit the rank of 152 in Halo 5.
WGID wrote:
I am hoping they use the Halo Reach ranking system. Using credits as a way to buy armor was a really cool feature. Not to mention the awesome customization Reach had.
I think they confirmed it would be something like that, which ill be okay with.
Not only should 343i include a n incredible incentive to get max rank, such as an armor piece/set, but they should also militarize the ranks. Like seriously, one of the reasons why I love halo is because of how gritty and militaristic it felt, it felt just like you would think war would be like 500 years in the future. Halo Reach had actual military ranks as player levels. 343i needs to do something like this, I mean being a General or Mythic is way cooler than having some arbitrary number like 152 to represent your rank.
I think it should be the 130 cap that was a good spot. Or similar to the Halo Reach grind.
I think the whole concept of the inevitable upward climb should be removed altogether. It isn't any thing other than a marker for how much time you have played , I never understood the point other than to salve players who can't get the highest skill ranks ; (I can't either , so no insult , just stating my opinion ; and I still see no need for it).
Honestly can't we just go back to skill based ranks and use acheivments or campaign progress or multiplayer progression for armor unlocks? (By MP progression , I mean the system already in place from H5 ; IE: head shots with a particular weapon , or in general Idc , kills with different weapons , different vehicles , kills against various enemy types etc.)
Anyone else want the Halo Reach style ranks instead of this boring number stuff?
Zcmbi wrote:
Anyone else want the Halo Reach style ranks instead of this boring number stuff?
it's all the same thing either way , just a different coat of paint. Both literally mean nothing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2