Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Microtransactions (If they do it)

OP Hollow Mancer

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
CHRIS673 wrote:
I’d still prefer skins, armors, and emblems to be unlocked through different achievements or milestones. Microtransactions for REQ packs and such I couldn’t care less about.
Agreed ^^
Maybe a cosmetic unlock system like reach but you can choose to spend credits or real money
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
My idea:Skins for weapons and armor can come in bundles or standalone for purchase. Key thing in this is you know what you are buying (Think Titanfall 2).

However, for the armor skins to be applied, you must first unlock the base armor set through merit. That could be things like in-game credits or achievements.

This would keep the prestige of owning a sought after armor set, and if you feel like paying for more, you can add a bit of extra customization to it.
Absolutely not. I want everything available through game play. If they want to sell them to those that don't want to achieve them, that's fine. However I don't want content locked behind a pay wall, that will just encourage 343i to put the best gear or extras as you put it behind micro transactions. There should be nothing that cannot be earned through gameplay.
Obviously not having mtx’s is the best option. I’m not sure how you expect to not have them though. I’m just trying to think of a way that’ll be the most non-predatory.

Also to clarify, I’m not talking about armor skins in the way that Reach had it’s varients. I just mean the patterns on the armor like H5
Absolutely no to having content gated behind a pay wall, I clearly stated if they want to sell content it's fine, I just want it to be obtainable through gameplay too. Like Anthem, it's the one thing they got right imo. You can play for it or pay for it.
Ah, I focused on the one part. Then absolutely, toss that into my idea there. I'm all for playing to earn everything. I was trying to take inspiration from Titanfall 2's system which I think works great
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
My idea:Skins for weapons and armor can come in bundles or standalone for purchase. Key thing in this is you know what you are buying (Think Titanfall 2).

However, for the armor skins to be applied, you must first unlock the base armor set through merit. That could be things like in-game credits or achievements.

This would keep the prestige of owning a sought after armor set, and if you feel like paying for more, you can add a bit of extra customization to it.
Absolutely not. I want everything available through game play. If they want to sell them to those that don't want to achieve them, that's fine. However I don't want content locked behind a pay wall, that will just encourage 343i to put the best gear or extras as you put it behind micro transactions. There should be nothing that cannot be earned through gameplay.
Obviously not having mtx’s is the best option. I’m not sure how you expect to not have them though. I’m just trying to think of a way that’ll be the most non-predatory.

Also to clarify, I’m not talking about armor skins in the way that Reach had it’s varients. I just mean the patterns on the armor like H5
Absolutely no to having content gated behind a pay wall, I clearly stated if they want to sell content it's fine, I just want it to be obtainable through gameplay too. Like Anthem, it's the one thing they got right imo. You can play for it or pay for it.
Ah, I focused on the one part. Then absolutely, toss that into my idea there. I'm all for playing to earn everything. I was trying to take inspiration from Titanfall 2's system which I think works great
Not a problem, I do that too, I sometimes see less or more than what was meant. Titanfall 2 is a good example, the game had a lot of customisation before the cosmetics were added, but, the best Titan paints imo are behind a paywall, the only way to get them is to buy them. Anthem for all it's faults nailed the cosmetics imo. You can play for them, or buy them. I'm hopeful we'll learn more at E3 but I feel 343i will hold off on monetisation reveals.
I'll be honest, personally I hate these Titanfall style of mts. It locks all the awesome stuff behind a pay wall. Imagine if halo infinite releases but assassinations are unlocked with money.

While the current req system has massive issues I'd take it over not being able to access content without paying for it.
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
eviltedi wrote:
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
for both off you.
what has good gear to do with halo its only cosmatic like weapon skins its not there give more boost in multiplayer its only a cosmatic thing and thats most off the microtransactions will give you cosmatic items thats the main point more.

and to eviltedi.
microtransactions is a standart thing in all game's but i most tell you that there only sell cosmatic items and not other things like new weapons you not get by playing the game normal thats against the rule's in some country's.
in halo 5 with the REQ system was it only you get the weapons permanent unlock to get later more REQ cards from that type off weapon and you only can use it for Warzone and not for multiplayer the weapons you get in the REQ perks.
and if you not gone buy any game's that has microtransactions in it then you not have to buy any new game more since all game's use microtransactions now for cosmatic things in that game and thats legaal.
eviltedi wrote:
My idea:Skins for weapons and armor can come in bundles or standalone for purchase. Key thing in this is you know what you are buying (Think Titanfall 2).

However, for the armor skins to be applied, you must first unlock the base armor set through merit. That could be things like in-game credits or achievements.

This would keep the prestige of owning a sought after armor set, and if you feel like paying for more, you can add a bit of extra customization to it.
Absolutely not. I want everything available through game play. If they want to sell them to those that don't want to achieve them, that's fine. However I don't want content locked behind a pay wall, that will just encourage 343i to put the best gear or extras as you put it behind micro transactions. There should be nothing that cannot be earned through gameplay.
He ain't talking about the gear itself though. With his system armor still needs to be unlocked during normal gameplay with skill based achievements or a ingame Reach like credit system. Still hoping we get both in Hi!

However, if you want a special skin or cosmetic attachments for that armor piece you got during gameplay, you have to pay for it. No gambling whatsoever though. You see, you buy and arrivederci.

Another advantage is that grinding won't be bloated, because the in-game unlock system and the monetary one would be divided from another. Quite the opposite might be the effect actually, because in this case for us to want dropping money means to invest into something that is meaningful or important to the player.

Aka: the in-game unlocks have a weight, story and come with at least decent and we'll thought out designs.

Still not a big fan of it of course. We're talking about implementing a pay-wall after all, but it's the only compromise I can think of to have a decent and fun unlock system, while also heaving a MT market attached to it...

...and without increasing the price of the game itself.

EDIT:
As for why I don't wish for the two systems to be attached to it like this fellow suggested earlier:

Maybe a cosmetic unlock system like reach but you can choose to spend credits or real money
is quite simple: the tedious grind. The moment you have MT attached to your gameplay experience, the devs have to make that process as long and repetitive as possible. If that's not the case, than real money purchases are not a real alternative and they make any money out if it.

I can only think of DMC5 and DE:MD where this wasn't the case - meaning the grind stayed consistent to the previous entries and you never felt like earning too little too slow even though MTs are attached to the gameplay.

However, you would be crazy to spend additional money than, because the difficulty curve is based on your steady growth. Spending more money on a game without increased grinding means to ruin your own experience! And in games where the unlock is just of cosmetic nature, well, than the cosmetic piece loses in value, doesn't it? When you can just buy everything instead of earning it, why bother in first place?

So yeah, I hate writing it down, but imho the lesser evil in this case is the pay-wall for additional cosmetics.
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
and to eviltedi.

and if you not gone buy any game's that has microtransactions in it then you not have to buy any new game more since all game's use microtransactions now for cosmatic things in that game and thats legaal.
Not all games use micro transactions, I just bought Sekiro and it's pure bliss not having to worry if anything has been locked behind pay walls, but my issue is rng loot based items tied to progression and pay walls. Also I clearly stated I want rng loot and micro transactions separate in Halo Infinite. It's the rng I have an issue with, and I've stopped buying games with the rng system.

If Halo Infinite uses rng I won't be buying it, even my 10 and 12 year old sons are sick of it. I want buy what you see cosmetics only, and I want it available through gameplay too. Not hidden behind pay walls. They can add additional content for a buy what you see fee, but that's my limit. There are plenty titles coming out where developers have stated no micro transactions. I'll happily support them if 343i use an egregious system again.
eviltedi wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
and to eviltedi.

and if you not gone buy any game's that has microtransactions in it then you not have to buy any new game more since all game's use microtransactions now for cosmatic things in that game and thats legaal.
Not all games use micro transactions, I just bought Sekiro and it's pure bliss not having to worry if anything has been locked behind pay walls, but my issue is rng loot based items tied to progression and pay walls. Also I clearly stated I want rng loot and micro transactions separate in Halo Infinite. It's the rng I have an issue with, and I've stopped buying games with the rng system.

If Halo Infinite uses rng I won't be buying it, even my 10 and 12 year old sons are sick of it. I want buy what you see cosmetics only, and I want it available through gameplay too. Not hidden behind pay walls. They can add additional content for a buy what you see fee, but that's my limit. There are plenty titles coming out where developers have stated no micro transactions. I'll happily support them if 343i use an egregious system again.
let me tell it this way.
if you buy halo for your 10 and 12 year old kids then you are a bad parents since halo game's are for 16+ and since your buying it for 10 and 12 year olds then its your own problem that you let your kids play games that have a 16+ age restriction then its your own problem.
if you gone buy it for you own then you need to hide from then.
when i was 12 years old and i was playing game's that have a 16+ or 18+ age restriction then i got a big problem with my parents since there have buy it for there own to play with.
this is now a problem we call in gaming comunety to not blame the company's or other players for it but its the parents job if childeren from a age off 10 or 12 are playing game's that have microtransactions and using there parents creditcard to buy a lot off in the game stuff thats the parents job to check out what for game's there are playing and if the parents buy games that are 16+ or 18+ for 16- or 18- older childeren then its the parents problem to buy that game for then that have a age restriction on it and that you as parents not care about it is your problem but then stop blaming about microtransactions in games that you childeren cant play since there are to young.

and for games like fortnite that have a age restriction from 12 years and older then its Epic Games problem to sell microtransactions to 12 year old childeren.
go blame to Epic gaming to have a low age restriction for there games like fornite that has microtransactions.

and here is a good idea since you are a parent: talk with other parents about it that there most go to PEGI.info and sent a mail to ask there if there can add a age restriction rule for game's that have microtransactions that it most have PEGI 16+ or 18+ then the problem from game's with microtransactions have fix for young childeren then its still the perents job there not playing it.
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
and to eviltedi.

and if you not gone buy any game's that has microtransactions in it then you not have to buy any new game more since all game's use microtransactions now for cosmatic things in that game and thats legaal.
Not all games use micro transactions, I just bought Sekiro and it's pure bliss not having to worry if anything has been locked behind pay walls, but my issue is rng loot based items tied to progression and pay walls. Also I clearly stated I want rng loot and micro transactions separate in Halo Infinite. It's the rng I have an issue with, and I've stopped buying games with the rng system.

If Halo Infinite uses rng I won't be buying it, even my 10 and 12 year old sons are sick of it. I want buy what you see cosmetics only, and I want it available through gameplay too. Not hidden behind pay walls. They can add additional content for a buy what you see fee, but that's my limit. There are plenty titles coming out where developers have stated no micro transactions. I'll happily support them if 343i use an egregious system again.
let me tell it this way.
if you buy halo for your 10 and 12 year old kids then you are a bad parents
Let me tell you this, you don't know me or my children and you are not quilified and have no right to tell me what I buy for my children or what I allow them to play, you are out of line here, and assuming things that are not true, because my children do not have access to my credit cards. You're being insulting and off topic, and I stated my children dislike rng loot systems. I DID NOT state what games they were playing.

Back on topic, if Halo Infinite ties progression to rng and micro transactions like Halo 5 did, it will not be bought for this house. As I also stated there are plenty of games coming that will not have micro transactions, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of them and I would rather support those over egregious rng loot system based games.
The best way to not mess up microtransactions in a full-price title is to take the idea and throw it in the garbage.
eviltedi wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Please keep money away from these games the free dlc was great lets earn our weapons and gear if anyone has better gear well they earned the right to abuse it as far as im concerned.
Money won't be kept away. Halo Infinite will have micro transactions. It's my main concern too, I walked away from Halo 5 because the rng made the game a tedious grind imo. If there's rng tied to micro transactions in Halo Infinite that's three copies that won't be in this house.
and to eviltedi.

and if you not gone buy any game's that has microtransactions in it then you not have to buy any new game more since all game's use microtransactions now for cosmatic things in that game and thats legaal.
Not all games use micro transactions, I just bought Sekiro and it's pure bliss not having to worry if anything has been locked behind pay walls, but my issue is rng loot based items tied to progression and pay walls. Also I clearly stated I want rng loot and micro transactions separate in Halo Infinite. It's the rng I have an issue with, and I've stopped buying games with the rng system.

If Halo Infinite uses rng I won't be buying it, even my 10 and 12 year old sons are sick of it. I want buy what you see cosmetics only, and I want it available through gameplay too. Not hidden behind pay walls. They can add additional content for a buy what you see fee, but that's my limit. There are plenty titles coming out where developers have stated no micro transactions. I'll happily support them if 343i use an egregious system again.
let me tell it this way.
if you buy halo for your 10 and 12 year old kids then you are a bad parents
Let me tell you this, you don't know me or my children and you are not quilified and have no right to tell me what I buy for my children or what I allow them to play, you are out of line here, and assuming things that are not true, because my children do not have access to my credit cards. You're being insulting and off topic, and I stated my children dislike rng loot systems. I DID NOT state what games they were playing.

Back on topic, if Halo Infinite ties progression to rng and micro transactions like Halo 5 did, it will not be bought for this house. As I also stated there are plenty of games coming that will not have micro transactions, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of them and I would rather support those over egregious rng loot system based games.
do you have read the full text off it that i explane more about the problem what most parents are against microtransactions.
that if the parent is buying a game that has PEGI 18+ or 16+ and start blaming on the forums from that game that there most do stop adding microtransactions to the game since there childeren are buying it with real money from the parents that there gone ask first are you childeren 16+ or 18+ years old and if you gone tell there are 13 and 14 then the company tells its your own fault you let then play a game that is for 16+ or 18+ then the company is doing notting wrong since the parent let there childeren play that game since there are to young for it to play it.

back to the topic.
about Cyberpunk 2077 is not a multiplayer game.
its a campaign game only like Zelda from nintendo.
games that have a multiplayer have microtransactions and games with only a campaign have it not since its no use to add then if its a singel player game only.

and you know the diffrend between halo 5 and cyberpunk 2077.
halo 5 has a multiplayer
and cyberpunk 2077 not and if it gets a multiplayer you can bet its getting microtransactions also.
Spikanor wrote:
let me tell it this way.
if you buy halo for your 10 and 12 year old kids then you are a bad parents since halo game's are for 16+ and since your buying it for 10 and 12 year olds then its your own problem that you let your kids play games that have a 16+ age restriction then its your own problem.
if you gone buy it for you own then you need to hide from then.
when i was 12 years old and i was playing game's that have a 16+ or 18+ age restriction then i got a big problem with my parents since there have buy it for there own to play with.
this is now a problem we call in gaming comunety to not blame the company's or other players for it but its the parents job if childeren from a age off 10 or 12 are playing game's that have microtransactions and using there parents creditcard to buy a lot off in the game stuff thats the parents job to check out what for game's there are playing and if the parents buy games that are 16+ or 18+ for 16- or 18- older childeren then its the parents problem to buy that game for then that have a age restriction on it and that you as parents not care about it is your problem but then stop blaming about microtransactions in games that you childeren cant play since there are to young.

and for games like fortnite that have a age restriction from 12 years and older then its Epic Games problem to sell microtransactions to 12 year old childeren.
go blame to Epic gaming to have a low age restriction for there games like fornite that has microtransactions.

and here is a good idea since you are a parent: talk with other parents about it that there most go to PEGI.info and sent a mail to ask there if there can add a age restriction rule for game's that have microtransactions that it most have PEGI 16+ or 18+ then the problem from game's with microtransactions have fix for young childeren then its still the perents job there not playing it.
Uppercase, commas and periods are not your friends, are those now? Seriously my dude, reading your wall of text is an endeavor!That said, true. Parents should keep an eye on their kids interests and not let them play or watch everything with a 16+ sign attached to it. However, most age restrictions on movies and games are just a general guideline in most countries and not a law. Rightfully so I might add! Every person is different with his very own sense of sensibility.

Sadly most classifications are a joke nowadays and have more political than objective reasonings behind them. Why is H5G a 16+ game and Fortnight (or however it's written) 12+ for instance, when the amount of violence and blood is basically identical? Because of art-style? And why are publisher allowed to put gambling systems in a game without the "only for adults" warning?

An even bigger issue arises with today's gaming industry comes due to digitalization. Thanks to updates, modding and sheer number of content on the web it has become impossible to keep everything unser control. Everything can change now on a whim or add stuff to the base software and what was fine an hour ago might be inappropriate an hour later. Best example is R6S that started with a simple "what you see you can buy" MT system, but than introduced a gambling mechanic. I was fine with kids playing it before, I'm not now though. That yoink shouldn't be anywhere near them! So saying "parents do your job" is really just a huge simplification of a complex issue.

Parents certainly are responsible for their kids and what they consume, but in today's environment you can't blame them solely on that either. Not to mention, you don't know his situation. That was uncalled for to say the least!

In a perfect world games with highly addictive RNG systems - like Halo 5 Guardians - should have warnings like "contains gambling, forbidden under the age of 18" in big capital letters on the cover and purchasing site! Also to play it legally you have to use a visa or MasterCard that proves your age. That's not the case though, is it now? So when kids do get caught in the addiction, it's the parents, the editor (in this case Microsoft), the devs (343i) and the state's fault equally.

That said, we're completely OP right now and I rather stop this discussion right here and now.
Spikanor wrote:
let me tell it this way.
if you buy halo for your 10 and 12 year old kids then you are a bad parents since halo game's are for 16+ and since your buying it for 10 and 12 year olds then its your own problem that you let your kids play games that have a 16+ age restriction then its your own problem.
if you gone buy it for you own then you need to hide from then.
when i was 12 years old and i was playing game's that have a 16+ or 18+ age restriction then i got a big problem with my parents since there have buy it for there own to play with.
this is now a problem we call in gaming comunety to not blame the company's or other players for it but its the parents job if childeren from a age off 10 or 12 are playing game's that have microtransactions and using there parents creditcard to buy a lot off in the game stuff thats the parents job to check out what for game's there are playing and if the parents buy games that are 16+ or 18+ for 16- or 18- older childeren then its the parents problem to buy that game for then that have a age restriction on it and that you as parents not care about it is your problem but then stop blaming about microtransactions in games that you childeren cant play since there are to young.

and for games like fortnite that have a age restriction from 12 years and older then its Epic Games problem to sell microtransactions to 12 year old childeren.
go blame to Epic gaming to have a low age restriction for there games like fornite that has microtransactions.

and here is a good idea since you are a parent: talk with other parents about it that there most go to PEGI.info and sent a mail to ask there if there can add a age restriction rule for game's that have microtransactions that it most have PEGI 16+ or 18+ then the problem from game's with microtransactions have fix for young childeren then its still the perents job there not playing it.
Uppercase, commas and periods are not your friends, are those now? Seriously my dude, reading your wall of text is an endeavor!That said, true. Parents should keep an eye on their kids interests and not let them play or watch everything with a 16+ sign attached to it. However, most age restrictions on movies and games are just a general guideline in most countries and not a law. Rightfully so I might add! Every person is different with his very own sense of sensibility.

Sadly most classifications are a joke nowadays and have more political than objective reasonings behind them. Why is H5G a 16+ game and Fortnight (or however it's written) 12+ for instance, when the amount of violence and blood is basically identical? Because of art-style? And why are publisher allowed to put gambling systems in a game without the "only for adults" warning?

An even bigger issue arises with today's gaming industry comes due to digitalization. Thanks to updates, modding and sheer number of content on the web it has become impossible to keep everything unser control. Everything can change now on a whim or add stuff to the base software and what was fine an hour ago might be inappropriate an hour later. Best example is R6S that started with a simple "what you see you can buy" MT system, but than introduced a gambling mechanic. I was fine with kids playing it before, I'm not now though. That yoink shouldn't be anywhere near them! So saying "parents do your job" is really just a huge simplification of a complex issue.

Parents certainly are responsible for their kids and what they consume, but in today's environment you can't blame them solely on that either. Not to mention, you don't know his situation. That was uncalled for to say the least!

In a perfect world games with highly addictive RNG systems - like Halo 5 Guardians - should have warnings like "contains gambling, forbidden under the age of 18" in big capital letters on the cover and purchasing site! Also to play it legally you have to use a visa or MasterCard that proves your age. That's not the case though, is it now? So when kids do get caught in the addiction, it's the parents, the editor (in this case Microsoft), the devs (343i) and the state's fault equally.

That said, we're completely OP right now and I rather stop this discussion right here and now.
i have look on the site off PEGI.
and it tells that a game that has heavy violence like cod titels get a min PEGI 16+ rate.
the only reason why Cod has PEGI 18+ Rate is that it has also a high rate off bad language in the game and killing there people for no reason you can more call it the same age restriction for entering the army.
also for microtransactions is also automatich PEGI 12+ rate there get same go's for gembling.
if gebling and microtransactions most become automatich have PEGI 18+ then go to the PEGI site and sent then a mail for a request if it can.
blaming on this forum has no use and to ask if 343 not wane add microtransactions since there gone do it if you not have hear it.

all halo Game's have PEGI 16+ rate same go's for the older versions and also for the halo wars.

about the Parents part is the first case if there buy a game that is not good for then and there still buy it for then its there own fault.

what eviltedi told he is gone buy then cyberpunk 2077 thats PEGI 18 rate and halo is PEGI 16 thats more worse then halo he is gone buy then.

back to topic.

if there adding cosmetic microtransactions and give free dlc's in return then its a win win for all players that not gone buy the cosmatic stuff and not have to pay for the dlc maps.
i am for the Halo 5 system that has fix the DLC maps problem to play a lot more on the maps.
Did I tell you that I've a hard time reading your comments Spikanor? Because I do! I switched to PC just so that I could read it better thanks to additional space and such. Anyhow, let me split this up and answer piece by piece! :)

Spikanor wrote:
i have look on the site off PEGI.
and it tells that a game that has heavy violence like cod titels get a min PEGI 16+ rate.
the only reason why Cod has PEGI 18+ Rate is that it has also a high rate off bad language in the game and killing there people for no reason you can more call it the same age restriction for entering the army.
I already knew this, your point? I said the system itself has holes in it and is often politicized, not that it made zero sense. It's like the old never dying discussion about sexual content compared to violence...

Spikanor wrote:
also for microtransactions is also automatich PEGI 12+ rate there get same go's for gembling.
if gebling and microtransactions most become automatich have PEGI 18+ then go to the PEGI site and sent then a mail for a request if it can.
blaming on this forum has no use and to ask if 343 not wane add microtransactions since there gone do it if you not have hear it.
Funny thing is, I already did my dear neighbor from Austria (nehme ich zumindest an, die lieben Kollegen aus Deutschland haben ja bekanntlich USK und nicht PEGI! Greetings from Italy btw! 😉), and signed petitions, and pointed it out on their fB page etc. Gambling MTs should be FORBIDDEN, and not just be a guideline. Because the moment you put something like this in the game you add a harmful (to some) and problematic (in general) component to your software. That's not just "sexy time" or goof virtual violence anymore.

And yes, I can blame 343i and MS for doing this and I'm not going to stop pointing it out until they use various loopholes to sell gambling mechanics to children. They are as much culprit as the parents buying the title if not more so! Not to mention that parents not always buy their games... I got a N64 and a XBox with two games total from my parents, yet I used to own a Dreamcast, PS2, many handhelds and later a 360 as well in my teenage years - and with plenty of games. I worked, gathered money, won competitions and earned enough for my hobby, no parents involved.

Not trying to defend all parents of this world here of course! Because you shouldn't give your kids access to every game of this world. If you're not a gamer yourself than take your time, read an article, ask around and than decide if buying a specific game for your kids is a good thing or not. I would never allow my little cousins to play a game with gambling mechanics like H5 without supervision. Wouldn't have problems if they play the campaign though f.e., because I know they can handle it and Halo 5 is not a violent game. Let's be honest! If we were talking about HCE and the second half with the floods though... Oh, boy! 🤣

Spikanor wrote:
about the Parents part is the first case if there buy a game that is not good for then and there still buy it for then its there own fault.
I have... no clue whatsoever what you mean. None! What fault? When parents do what exactly? That's the context?! WHAT?!

Spikanor wrote:
what eviltedi told he is gone buy then cyberpunk 2077 thats PEGI 18 rate and halo is PEGI 16 thats more worse then halo he is gone buy then.
Context amigo! You claimed all games got MTs nowadays, he gave you an example that doesn't. He never claimed his kids would play it, that's YOU putting words in his mouth and you know he never claimed such thing. Shame on you! That's a disrispectful tactic to shut down an argument during a civil discussion.

Spikanor wrote:
if there adding cosmetic microtransactions and give free dlc's in return then its a win win for all players that not gone buy the cosmatic stuff and not have to pay for the dlc maps.
i am for the Halo 5 system that has fix the DLC maps problem to play a lot more on the maps.
MTs are one thing. I'm not a fan of it, but I can accept them under certain gamer friendly circumstances and I think same goes for most players. If that helps in adding more DLC for free without splitting the community sure! Why not? However, I still have to see a dev actually doing it for real. For now in most cases content is just withhold from day one release and shuffled down our throats piece by piece. In the specific case of H5G plenty of useless and repetitive cosmetic pieces were added to the mix just to add upon the addiction factor. -> Because that's how gambling works folks, just in case someone wanna jump on board and tell me REQ packs are not legalized gambling introduced via loopholes! :)

^And that's also the point: the discussion was not about MTs, it was about gambling. In other words RNG loot for the unlock system of cosmetics and weapons in additional mods. Useless mods made solely to sell you stuff as a side note and that take away resources from the main game. a little bit like Blitz in HW2 for instance.

That's what most people have a problem with! Not the MTs by themselves as much as how they are implemented!

EvilTeddy was really clear about this too:
Quote:
I would rather support those over egregious rng loot system based games.
So I really don't know where you're coming from.
MTs are one thing. I'm not a fan of it, but I can accept them under certain gamer friendly circumstances and I think same goes for most players. If that helps in adding more DLC for free without splitting the community sure! Why not? However, I still have to see a dev actually doing it for real. For now in most cases content is just withhold from day one release and shuffled down our throats piece by piece. In the specific case of H5G plenty of useless and repetitive cosmetic pieces were added to the mix just to add upon the addiction factor. -> Because that's how gambling works folks, just in case someone wanna jump on board and tell me REQ packs are not legalized gambling introduced via loopholes! :)
if the dlc's are not free and you most pay for then what then how the hell you gone fix the main problem then if players that have buy the dlc packs and cant play on it since there end up with players that have then not then what you get on the forums again a big fight like in halo 4 time's where all the dlc users where mad that there not can play on the maps there have pay on since there keep getting on players in there lobby's that not have the dlc maps and what then you cant add a dlc playlist for dlc users only since it will split the population only more up.
and you know also that each game you buy that has multiplayer has microtransactions to make the money back there have invest in the game to make a new invest again in the next game and keep on.
give then on this forum idea's how 343 can fix it good that it will not hurt the population a lot.
i am also not happy with microtransactions in game's but if there give the dlc maps for free that the main problem from the dlc problems is fix and we can play on the dlc maps more time's then i accept the microtransactions in the game to fix a long time problem.
i was in halo 4 a dlc owner from all the maps you know how pisst off i was with others that i cant play on then for what i have pay for.
same go's for halo reach that i have buy the dlc parks since i like the dlc maps and have i play on then no since i keep ending up with players that not have then.
then there have release halo 5 and it was free dlc maps that are not looking good but the chance was big i have play on then since it was free and all players got then.
and it got microtransactions and i have deal with it since it has fix the main problem what halo reach and halo 4 have.
if you know how to fix the dlc system that players can play a lot on then without adding microtransactions then share you idea's with the comunnety.
i have make a topic about the dlc system on this forum to share idea's for a good.
and who knows if we the comunnety fond the problem that dlc users can play on there maps and without adding microtransactions then other game's like call of duty are follow it also since there all got the same problem with there own dlc users that have pay for it and not can play on it.
If they do it I just hope it's not a "slot machine" mechanic. Let me see the exact item I am buying for a fair price, and let it be limited only to cosmetics.
Selphic wrote:
If they do it I just hope it's not a "slot machine" mechanic. Let me see the exact item I am buying for a fair price, and let it be limited only to cosmetics.
more like a Market system that it refreach with new things after each new week?

and then more like custom helms or weapon camo's you never have see in the halo game more like that?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4