Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Microtransactions confirmed. Can this be saved??

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Titanfall 2 enough said.
I think monetizing the game could be a great way to extend the life of the game for us fans who want to play it for years to come. Tell me if this idea is any good:

When you first open up the game, you pick one or two types of armory styles or "classes". Something like Spartan II, III, IV, Elite, etc. Each one would have more than enough armor to customize your character to the extent of Reach. And some rare challenges can unlock the classes you don't have yet (like beating legendary). But if you want more to grind for, you can buy the other armory classes for $10-$15 each.

This could make the Spartans (and elites) look diverse in the game. Us hardcore fans can chip in to fund the sequel, while getting meaningful content in return. If they have to sell us stuff, I would like it done this way. I know this is more like dlc but it is way less slimy.

Maybe, if you all like this idea, we can spread it :)
That just makes me think of metal gear survive. So i dont like that.

If we can buy stuff directly, the only way id be fine with it is if the armor customization is exactly like reach, and you can either use credits to directly buy the armor piece or pay for it.

If its that then i have no qualms with it being in there. I dont like thing being stuck behind a paywall(short of paid dlc), so as lo g as you can reasonably obtain jt through direct vaneplay, or a small transaction, then i dont see the harm in cosmetics.

Overall i dont like microtransactions, but short of it becoming illegal i dont sesee them going anywhere
Here's what they need to focus on doing:
  • Not saturating the amount of microtransactionable type pieces (armor and effects)
  • Make it like the credit system in reach
  • Not make armor pay-to-win (instead unlock through rank or achievements, etc.)
  • Focus on making a game not primarily-based around Microtransactions and instead on selling the actual game
Remember how Halo 1-3 had microtransactions? I don't.

The game is dropped the moment it has any P2W elements, it's either cosmetic which is still disgusting but at the same acceptable or none at all.
There just shouldn't be any microtransactions, period.
I think Microsoft needs to care about fans more than just money, caring about just money doesn't make it a good game, caring about what fans like and think what makes the game balanced and fun ill earn more money and addictive.
Microtransactions in a game like halo are never in the game to make it better, and they always make it worse in some way, just so the dev and publisher can milk some fan's wallets more.

Best they could do would be cosmetic mtx only, where you can buy specific cosmetics you want with earned in-game currency. No loot boxes / req packs. Nothing that affects gameplay in warzone or any other mode.
Sometimes, microtransactions are considered as gambling as we don't see what we buy and many games is unbalanced and they things to make them stronger in the multiplayer. It should only be used on weapon skins a bit of add ons in weapons but just the look.

Microtransactions shouldn't be used to just buy more credits for more armor. Only way getting credits is to earn them buy a playing a game and it keeps players from playing by earning all the armor pieces and some of them are unlockable like finishing the campaign or more rewards on legendary. Make commendations really long to complete, this makes players to keep playing the game.
There is something that frightens me about the statement that there will be no real money loot boxes. This still leaves room for loot boxes to be tied to the primary progression system and allow you to purchase specific armors with real world money. If you don't want to participate in the micro transaction system, then you will be stuck grinding out tons of loot boxes saturated with unwanted armor reskins until you maybe get the armor you want. This system would incentivize you to purchase rather than grind which is a genius business model but will destroy the progression system in the game. I do hope this won't happen but its a frightening possibility.
In black ops 4 and battlefront 2, these game are mainly suffering because of microtransactions, this in halo infinite is risky unless if they plan it only for weapon skins and vehicle skins, it should be $3.99/£3.99 on each of them, not overprice like what EA is doing with anthem, and it should allow us to see a preview on it before we buy it. But it should also allow us to buy it with in game currency.

Most games decline quick because of microtransactions. Doom is currently the King of fps because it feels like old halo and no microtransactions.
AMA4N wrote:
In black ops 4 and battlefront 2, these game are mainly suffering because of microtransactions, this in halo infinite is risky unless if they plan it only for weapon skins and vehicle skins, it should be $3.99/£3.99 on each of them, not overprice like what EA is doing with anthem, and it should allow us to see a preview on it before we buy it. But it should also allow us to buy it with in game currency.

Most games decline quick because of microtransactions. Doom is currently the King of fps because it feels like old halo and no microtransactions.
I agree they need to either make micro transactions not invasive at all or do not add micro transactions at all as this is getting global attention and might get 343I in trouble.
AMA4N wrote:

I agree they need to either make micro transactions not invasive at all or do not add micro transactions at all as this is getting global attention and might get 343I in trouble.
I agree, 343 needs to realise that they could get in trouble, we don't them to end up on what activision and EA are doing, reason why many games don't follow microtransactions on titanfall 2 is because it was an underrated game.

I wish best way was to change their mind and confirm that they won't add microtransactions, not sure if that can happen but I don't think that will happen.

Halo 5 kinda declined quick on warzone because of microtransactions.
Personally no microtransactions would be make Halo Infinite a perfect game. I like the idea of just for weapon skins but honestly people should play the game to work towards a piece of armor and not spend time and money trying to unlock something stupid like a skin when they could've been working towards something else.
The fact that you can simply buy an abundance of packs to sway a game just isn't right.
I've never really agreed with this point. When you have 24 people on the battlefield, one person with legendary/ultra rare etc req's doesn't sway the game that much. Sure you can call in your Hannibal Scorpion but all it takes is one of the twelve players on the other team to pull out a splaser or just hit it with a plasma pistol. While I agree that the req system as a whole needs adjustment when it comes to permanent unlocks, I actually feel like the Warzone experience implemented req's pretty well.
Not really, because if you want an item you are aiming for right now, you would have to buy it in the req pack and see if you get it, if not then its a waste of money. This is considered as gambling.
I hope cosmetic or skin , please not a pay "cards" to win warzon
Yeah Titanfall 2, i don't if it will follow that because it was underrated. TF2 was a good game.
When I see a req pack being opened in Halo 5 and the kids party sound effect goes off it makes it feel like im watching a kids game.

You could of had Sgt Johnson tell us "blam right you bought that" or somethin cool like a classic Halo one liner play or something ?
When I see a req pack being opened in Halo 5 and the kids party sound effect goes off it makes it feel like im watching a kids game.

You could of had Sgt Johnson tell us "blam right you bought that" or somethin cool like a classic Halo one liner play or something ?
That would be hilarious but it still doesn't make req packs good as its loot boxes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7