Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Multiplayer Suggestion

OP VedeV 7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi Everyone, hope your having a good day!

I just created this thread to talk about the Multiplayer of Halo Infinite and what can be the expectations of the community. For me, things should be simple, a come back to Halo's roots. It should not try to be too innovative because this is how 343 loose the Halo "core" gales in H4 and H5. It should be simple for me, with playlists without sprint/grapple/otherfancystuffs. As in COD, the gameplay should go back to what made the franchise famous, symetrical maps with weapons to take control of with all the player equal from the start.
What do you guys think ?
They will probably be 2 playlist one with sprint and one without it possibly, i am pretty sure there was also a playlist added on Halo 5 similar to that if i am not wrong.
When you buy Halo: Infinite, you obtain a normal game with unlocks tied to typical things.
Achievements, Challenges, Milestones, Ranks.

When you don't buy Halo: Infinite, unlocks are tied to the Free-2-Play multiplayer with some sort of Microtransactions.
Skin packs, Battle-pass, Single skin options, Themed packs.

This is how I hope that the game is handled, money will flow in so hard. Players who own the game will get the unlocks at their speed, & the F2P players will see the unlocks. At that point people will either buy the game outright, or put money into the options they want. Everyone is happy.
I hope we see something similar to Halo 2A, which is probably my favorite MP title. That was a nice medium between old school Halo and new school feel. I've played since 2002, but oddly didn't mind the addition of sprint and Spartan abilities the way most old heads did. If anything, I enjoyed them. Then again, I was also in college when Halo 2 originally came out and remembered all the backlash from friends about dual wielding being added. Maybe complaining about change has always been something the Halo community has done lol
Orange7303 wrote:
When you buy Halo: Infinite, you obtain a normal game with unlocks tied to typical things.
Achievements, Challenges, Milestones, Ranks.When you don't buy Halo: Infinite, unlocks are tied to the Free-2-Play multiplayer with some sort of Microtransactions.

This is how I hope that the game is handled, money will flow in so hard. Players who own the game will get the unlocks at their speed, & the F2P players will see the unlocks. At that point people will either buy the game outright, or put money into the options they want. Everyone is happy.
Ah yes, let me just work supper hard to unlock an armor just for little Jimmy with his mom’s credit card to get the exact same thing without putting in any work.
Cody15x wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:
Achievements, Challenges, Milestones, Ranks.When you don't buy Halo: Infinite, unlocks are tied to the Free-2-Play multiplayer with some sort of Microtransactions.

Ah yes, let me just work supper hard to unlock an armor just for little Jimmy with his mom’s credit card to get the exact same thing without putting in any work.
Look, hopefully it is free-2-play, and free-2-enjoy.I am just offering a solid solution if they are gonna go on a route like this, I could care less about little Jimmy buying a helmet.. I am not going to cry because of that. You're more than welcome to react that way.

My solution is flawed however if there is any pay-2-win microtransactions at all, however if it is only cosmetics, let them buy it all they want. Let little Jimmy fund our game.
VedeV 7 wrote:
Hi Everyone, hope your having a good day!

I just created this thread to talk about the Multiplayer of Halo Infinite and what can be the expectations of the community. For me, things should be simple, a come back to Halo's roots. It should not try to be too innovative because this is how 343 loose the Halo "core" gales in H4 and H5. It should be simple for me, with playlists without sprint/grapple/otherfancystuffs. As in COD, the gameplay should go back to what made the franchise famous, symetrical maps with weapons to take control of with all the player equal from the start.
What do you guys think ?
I 100% want this. There are enough people that want it that it wont be an issue finding games. We will just have to wait and see what the MP looks like. Who knows maybe they find a way to please both sides.
Orange7303 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:

Look, hopefully it is free-2-play, and free-2-enjoy.I am just offering a solid solution if they are gonna go on a route like this, I could care less about little Jimmy buying a helmet.. I am not going to cry because of that. You're more than welcome to react that way.

My solution is flawed however if there is any pay-2-win microtransactions at all, however if it is only cosmetics, let them buy it all they want. Let little Jimmy fund our game.
I completely agree with this approach as long as only cosmetic stuff as well if little Jimmy wants to pay for it it’s alright
Symmetrical maps are not an essential, required part of Halo's classic core gameplay. Some of the best-regarded maps in the series like Hang 'Em High, Lockout, Zanzibar, Headlong, Guardian, are asymmetrical. Every game has had a decent mix of symmetrical and asymmetrical maps, and it should stay that way.
Honestly? I hope they go nuts. I want new equipment, new weapons, new maps, new armor, new customization options NEW NEW NEW. Movement abilities? Who cares? They can do whatever they like with sprint/clamber/grapple hook, I couldn't possibly care less, as long as it's functional and as long as it's fun. If you want to play classic Halo then go play classic Halo, it still exists, the servers are running, takes like 10 seconds for me to find a match on MCC. I want new stuff, I want a new game with a -Yoink- Halo coat of paint. Innovation necessitates risks, if they're gonna make a new game, if they want to INNOVATE then playing it safe won't get anyone anywhere. If it doesn't turn out the way you want it, oh well, there's like 7 other Halo games you can go play, I'm sure one of them will suit your tastes. MP is F2P and Campaign is on Game Pass, there is literally zero risk involved with getting this game whether it sucks or not. They gotta go all out.
Turgon T24 wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:

I completely agree with this approach as long as only cosmetic stuff as well if little Jimmy wants to pay for it it’s alright
ye but little jimmy should only unlock armours which can only be unlocked from microtransactions. i dont want to grind for laso for a helmet then little jimmy get lucky in his first gold pack it takes value out of it
Orange7303 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:

While your solution is definitely a good one, I was just pointing out that nowadays there is no solution that pleases everyone.
Turgon T24 wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:
Cody15x wrote:
Orange7303 wrote:

ye but little jimmy should only unlock armours which can only be unlocked from microtransactions. i dont want to grind for laso for a helmet then little jimmy get lucky in his first gold pack it takes value out of it
Then little Jimmy will get paid for skins & armor that we won't get even though we paid for the game.
Do you then want us to have to pay for these as well? I don't want to grind LASO & then see that Jimmy's $5 armor looks a hell of a lot better than that LASO one.
sparrow279 wrote:
Honestly? I hope they go nuts. I want new equipment, new weapons, new maps, new armor, new customization options NEW NEW NEW. Movement abilities? Who cares? They can do whatever they like with sprint/clamber/grapple hook, I couldn't possibly care less, as long as it's functional and as long as it's fun. If you want to play classic Halo then go play classic Halo, it still exists, the servers are running, takes like 10 seconds for me to find a match on MCC. I want new stuff, I want a new game with a -Yoink- Halo coat of paint. Innovation necessitates risks, if they're gonna make a new game, if they want to INNOVATE then playing it safe won't get anyone anywhere. If it doesn't turn out the way you want it, oh well, there's like 7 other Halo games you can go play, I'm sure one of them will suit your tastes. MP is F2P and Campaign is on Game Pass, there is literally zero risk involved with getting this game whether it sucks or not. They gotta go all out.
If you want to play Halo with armor abilities and enhanced movement go play Halo 5, it still exists, the servers are running, takes like 10 seconds for me to find a match on h5
xsv wrote:
sparrow279 wrote:
If you want to play Halo with armor abilities and enhanced movement go play Halo 5, it still exists, the servers are running, takes like 10 seconds for me to find a match on h5
Imagine having zero reading comprehension.
sparrow279 wrote:
xsv wrote:
sparrow279 wrote:
well you had to respond somehow....
xsv wrote:
sparrow279 wrote:
xsv wrote:
sparrow279 wrote:
well you had to respond somehow....
"I want 343i to do something completely new."

"If you want to play Halo 5 then go play Halo 5."

Hmm.
Orange7303 wrote:

To be honest, I hope there won't be micro transactions, it can of ruin the experience and does not fit with Halo. I hope it will be one system, with achievements to unlock armour parts like in the good old days.
sparrow279 wrote:
As I am living in EU, the internet connection on Halo MCC sucks, but like reeaaaaally sucks when you play against players from NA having the host, which is 95% of the time. It is really day and night for us when the connection is on our side or not, and that's one of the biggest drawback of MCC, they did not improve the connection-dependant aspect of the game (while they first said that MCC will be on dedicated servers before the game was released).
And you're talking about risks, they sure took some in H4 and H5, was it rewarding? Sure not. They divided ont of the biggest video games community and made the biggest fan tired of the franchise. So this is why I am talking about a go back to the roots, because the 2 attempts to innovate brutally failed.

One more thing I forgot to add, my view on the rank system. I think Halo 3 rank system was the most legit one, with skills and experience system. It rewarded people who liked to play social playlists and people who liked competition at the same time. It was easily understandable, as reaching the level 50 really meant something, you win = you rank up, you loose = you rank down.
I think 343i should reuse this rank system, but it needs to be improved. Because you could win 10 and not rank up and just loose one game and you would rank down. So a clearer system would be welcomed.
I know I am having an old school vision of the game, but for me H3 was so close to perfection that I cannot stop taking it as an example.
Thanks everyone for your answers and for participating to this thread :)
The solution is to have all cosmetic items both grindable and buyable.

But if you buy it... it comes with a little price-tag hanging off it.
sparrow279 wrote:
This is my opinion exactly, though I’d like to add playable elites and duel-wielding to the mix.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2