Halo Infinite Multiplayer Teased By Phil Spencer

OP Wired Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-multiplayer-teased-by-phil-spencer/1100-6480279/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBbFpPOhrY4&feature=emb_title

1)
Quote:
"Halo Infinite will build off the multiplayer element of Halo 5" + "I think the team is building on what they did with Halo 5, and the multiplayer in Halo 5 was received very well"
My opinion: H5 was not my favorite multiplayer. Graphics were good but I hope for a Halo 2,3 multiplayer feel again.

2)
Quote:
"developers have pushed themselves with new "technical challenges" for multiplayer" + "technical challenges the team has set for themselves on multiplayer that I'm really encouraged to talk about when we get there. So, soon!
My take - "technical challenges" is changing the dynamics of game play such as removing sprint/ground pound and reintroducing a revamped fresh look and feel to multiplayer such as having the grappleshot and drop wall pick up abilities like H3 did with other abilities (mentioned in #4).

3)
Quote:
"Halo Infinite's multiplayer element was developed alongside professional Halo players" + "Esport players have been heavily involved in what we're doing"
I hope they used some old school pros that played every Halo game to get a more well rounded multiplayer and not just Esport pros from Halo 5.

4)
Quote:
"Grappleshot and the Drop Wall, will also be featured in multiplayer, though they will be available as pick-ups instead of constant abilities"
Sounds like Halo 3, not a bad thing.
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-multiplayer-teased-by-phil-spencer/1100-6480279/

1)
Quote:
"Halo Infinite will build off the multiplayer element of Halo 5" + "I think the team is building on what they did with Halo 5, and the multiplayer in Halo 5 was received very well"
My opinion: H5 was not my favorite multiplayer. Graphics were good but I hope for a Halo 2,3 multiplayer feel again.

2)
Quote:
"developers have pushed themselves with new "technical challenges" for multiplayer" + "technical challenges the team has set for themselves on multiplayer that I'm really encouraged to talk about when we get there. So, soon!
My take - "technical challenges" is changing the dynamics of game play such as removing sprint/ground pound and reintroducing a revamped fresh look and feel to multiplayer such as having the grappleshot and drop wall pick up abilities like H3 did with other abilities (mentioned in #4).

3)
Quote:
"Halo Infinite's multiplayer element was developed alongside professional Halo players" + "Esport players have been heavily involved in what we're doing"
I hope they used some old school pros that played every Halo game to get a more well rounded multiplayer and not just Esport pros from Halo 5.

4)
Quote:
"Grappleshot and the Drop Wall, will also be featured in multiplayer, though they will be available as pick-ups instead of constant abilities"
Interesting, so the grappleshot is a one time use. Could make interesting plays like stealing the sniper or rocket from its spawn point.
Whatever people say, I enjoyed H5 multiplayer the most of any of the Halo games since 3 came out so many years ago. Reach and H4 both completely failed at traditional arena gameplay for me (EQUAL STARTS, oh and map/ weapon spawn control emphasis).

It sounds to me like, (from everything that I've heard/ read online) they're taking H5 multiplayer and tuning it to feel a little closer top H3 multiplayer. That's exactly what I wanted too!

1)
Quote:

2)
Quote:

3)
Quote:

4)
Quote:
Interesting, so the grappleshot is a one time use. Could make interesting plays like stealing the sniper or rocket from its spawn point.
No one's confirmed how many uses someone gets when they pick up the grapple shot in MP. Could be infinite uses, single use, or limited ammo multiple uses. I don't think we'll know until the MP reveal.
Tbh H5's multiplayer was the best in the series and that's a hill I will die on. Cutting Spartan Abilities and adding in equipment seems like great ways to improve upon it.
It sounds to me like, (from everything that I've heard/ read online) they're taking H5 multiplayer and tuning it to feel a little closer top H3 multiplayer. That's exactly what I wanted too!
A mix of all the good from H3 and H5 doesn't sound bad.
Cutting Spartan Abilities and adding in equipment seems like great ways to improve upon it.
I like it. I do hope they consider putting the ranks 1-50 again rather then the divisions or a mix of the two could be interesting. 1-10 Bronze, 10-20 Silver etc.
Tbh H5's multiplayer was the best in the series and that's a hill I will die on. Cutting Spartan Abilities and adding in equipment seems like great ways to improve upon it.
I just wish the map rotation for 5 was a little better. There's ~5 launch maps I still really like to this day, and that's it. None of the DLC mayors really stand out to me either.

H2 and H3 hit double digits for amazing maps. I would actually put both those games pretty high up on a list of games with the GOAT map rotation in shooters.

And if we don't get The Pit remade at launch with infinite, I'm going to need to have a word with someone at 343... just saying...

1)
Quote:

2)
Quote:

3)
Quote:

4)
Quote:
No one's confirmed how many uses someone gets when they pick up the grapple shot in MP. Could be infinite uses, single use, or limited ammo multiple uses. I don't think we'll know until the MP reveal.
According to Phil Spencer, the multiplayer will be... "So, soon"
I just wish the map rotation for 5 was a little better. There's ~5 launch maps I still really like to this day, and that's it. None of the DLC mayors really stand out to me either.

H2 and H3 hit double digits for amazing maps. I would actually put both those games pretty high up on a list of games with the GOAT map rotation in shooters.

And if we don't get The Pit remade at launch with infinite, I'm going to need to have a word with someone at 343... just saying...
1) Blood Gulch 2) Zanzibar 3) Lockout 4) Ivory Tower 5) Battle Creek . The first two for sure in my opinion
At this stage, when Phil says "Building off Halo 5's multiplayer" he might be referring to things like the big battle mode, as well as the long ongoing support cycle of free content for 1-2 years after launch. Who knows!

I hope sprint is out!!
I don't know how the higher-ups at 343 think Halo 5's multiplayer was well-received when only like 5% out of 100% the fanbase liked it.
Soon™ Good grief, they have Phil Spencer saying it now.

I’m looking forward to the multiplayer reveal. Should be interesting.
I don't know how the higher-ups at 343 think Halo 5's multiplayer was well-received when only like 5% out of 100% the fanbase liked it.
5%? lol are you serious? Just because people complain about it on Waypoint doesn’t mean they speak for the majority of the community
Maybe because it had a higher sustained population for longer than H4 and HR >.>

Just because people pay online they don't like it doesn't mean a ton of other people didn't play it
Maybe well received for those that just joined the Halo series but for me Halo 5 was defiantly not my favorite multiplayer. Halo 2 and 3 had the best multiplayer IMO.
LarsBars wrote:
I hope sprint is out!!
Same. I want that Halo 2,3 feel again.
I'm surprised it's taken 13 years for Equipment to even return in Halo. I think it's the best iteration of abilities we've seen, and ironically it was the first.

I'm much more of a classic player, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the removal of stabilize and the thruster pack. I honestly figured we'd see those return but lose sprint/slide similar to the Mythic Playlist
Halo 5s multiplayer was lacking a bit a launch, but the gameplay, especially with the new HCS settings, is fairly well regarded.

1) Blood Gulch 2) Zanzibar 3) Lockout 4) Ivory Tower 5) Battle Creek . The first two for sure in my opinion
Midship, Waterworks, Headlong
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8