2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30
If Battle Royale gets into the game, I'm calling support to delete my account.
No you won't. That's just hyperbole. A quick look at your profile reveals all. I'm against certain things in games, but I would never have my account deleted over them. I just avoid the game I have issues with, Halo 5 being one of them.
eviltedi wrote:
No you won't. That's just hyperbole, I might believe you if you only played Halo and avoided Battle Royale. However you play more than Halo, including a Battle Royale game. I'm against certain things in games, but I would never have my account deleted over them. I just avoid the game I have issues with, Halo 5 being one of them.
Was talking about my Waypoint account because I probably wouldn't play this game anymore. I've never played Battle Royale and never plan to, the closest thing is custom games.
eviltedi wrote:
No you won't. That's just hyperbole, I might believe you if you only played Halo and avoided Battle Royale. However you play more than Halo, including a Battle Royale game. I'm against certain things in games, but I would never have my account deleted over them. I just avoid the game I have issues with, Halo 5 being one of them.
Was talking about my Waypoint account because I probably wouldn't play this game anymore. I've never played Battle Royale and never plan to, the closest thing is custom games.
Apex Legends ? You have played it long enough to get achievements, either way it's an extreme reaction to something that can be avoided. Why have your Waypoint account deleted ? You play other Halo games, what will you accomplish by deleting it ?
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Apex Legends ? You have played it long enough to get achievements, either way it's an extreme reaction to something that can be avoided. Why have your Waypoint account deleted ? You play other Halo games, what will you accomplish by deleting it ?
At the end of the day, it's a hyperbolic joke, you aren't supposed to think about it to the point of losing the topic at hand. I would continue, but the monitors wouldn't be happy about that happening.
Naqser wrote:
I see zero harm in having a Battle Royale playlist.
So you remember BTB and the developer Maps for BTB in Halo 5 Guardians?
Warzone. I wouldn't play BR but I'd rather have Warzone scrapped for BR.
I"m OK with the Idea of Warzone, Especially Warzone Firefight, but the Spawning does need tweaking.
Agreed I've been spawn killed so many times on warzone, and have done it to others many more, and I know that can take away the fun.
Warzone and Warzone firefight are still really cool ideas.
They can Not do a battle royal. Now a Interactive lobby with covenant to kill would be nice
They can Not do a battle royal. Now a Interactive lobby with covenant to kill would be nice
I can get behind this idea.
IT DOES NOT NEED A BATTLE ROYALE! Halo isn't going to do what all these other games are doing.
Same here buddy, same here.
I really hope 343 is reading these replies. No battle royal, thank you very much.
"Stop it! It's already dead!" - Simpsons meme

I really don't want another Battle Royale! Let the community create it in forge thats fine I guess...

• CoD BR: short hype because of streamers but is bad (imo)
  • Battlefield BR: will suck
  • Apex: It's ok I guess but hyped af
  • Pubg: original (best)
  • Fortnite: fine/fun
Why should they add Halo BR ? Halo is still relevant without a Battle Royal and it will be!
I really hope 343 is reading these replies. No battle royal, thank you very much.
They already confirmed a while back that they don't have any plans for this
Hexic wrote:
Real talk, that's probably what a lot of people said when things like "Deathmatch/Slayer" were a new concept. Battle royale, in 10 years, could be the next, larger, FFA or team based Deathatch level Gamemode.
Hexic wrote:
Real talk, that's probably what a lot of people said when things like "Deathmatch/Slayer" were a new concept. Battle royale, in 10 years, could be the next, larger, FFA or team based Deathatch level Gamemode.
I stand by the idea of complete indifference. If they wish to do so, I just hope they do it right.
oozra wrote:
Disclaimer: I myself am not that big of a BR fan, and I am assuming most people on the forums aren't either, I just understand that it MAY be needed to keep halo relevant, so it should be discussed and considered.

In Fayvn's video, How Battle Royale Could Work in Halo Infinite*, he pretty much says that Halo fan's are scared of BR in Infinite because it is a change to the modern trend, which hasn't worked YET for 343. For example, when they tried to speed up the movement in H5 like a more modern game, it wasn't taken very well. Anyway, he mentions that when firefight came into ODST, that was another big gameplay change with the current trend of wave survival game types (i.e. cod zombies). It ended up doing very well though. Favyn says that we can't be afraid of all change because it has failed in the past, or we will never have good change. All of this leads me to my ideas of future halo having BR.

In my mind, I see 343 doing what bungie did with ODST, a short campaign, and a new mode to the franchise that is the main focus.

One problem that I had until I thought of my idea was BR doesn't make sense with the lore, which is so important to halo. Sure other shooters have stories, but no other (dare I say) fandom is so interested in the lore. I myself am not a big campaign or lore guy, but I wouldn't want 343 to throw in BR and not have it make any sense. There has to be a little bit of a story, right? And playing as a spartan wouldn't make much sense in a battle royale to me. SO, my proposition is that we need another ODST game.

Like I said earlier, the short campaign and new gameplay mode was an ODST thing, and it should be again. Also, it would make more sense. A spartan wouldn't have to pick up armour off the ground, but an ODST might. Also, orbital DROP shock troopers. ODST's dropping into a BR map makes way more sense then spartans.

This was kind of hard for me to write and try to get my points across the way I imagine it cuz I suck at writing (just ask my teachers) but lemme know what you think.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlhefCFGRh0
The problem is, it could be a great BR game, but Halo at its core isnt meant to be one. Halo 4 and 5 are great games (gunplay, movement) but the reason so many people don't like them is because they truly aren't Halo at their core. While yes, ODST added new elements, at its core it still played like Halo.
Also, you discussed how trends haven't worked "yet" for 343 and I think that if 343 decides to keep trying to follow trends, we are going to have another H5 on our hands. Already, br games have short lifespans. People moved from pubg to fortnite, to blackout, to Apex Legends. I think that the novelty of a BR game in Halo would be short lived, as people won't see Halo as a lore deep and expansive universe, but rather as a shallow br game, and end up hurting the series more than it would help in the long run.
nebeans wrote:
oozra wrote:
Disclaimer: I myself am not that big of a BR fan, and I am assuming most people on the forums aren't either, I just understand that it MAY be needed to keep halo relevant, so it should be discussed and considered.

In Fayvn's video, How Battle Royale Could Work in Halo Infinite*, he pretty much says that Halo fan's are scared of BR in Infinite because it is a change to the modern trend, which hasn't worked YET for 343. For example, when they tried to speed up the movement in H5 like a more modern game, it wasn't taken very well. Anyway, he mentions that when firefight came into ODST, that was another big gameplay change with the current trend of wave survival game types (i.e. cod zombies). It ended up doing very well though. Favyn says that we can't be afraid of all change because it has failed in the past, or we will never have good change. All of this leads me to my ideas of future halo having BR.

In my mind, I see 343 doing what bungie did with ODST, a short campaign, and a new mode to the franchise that is the main focus.

One problem that I had until I thought of my idea was BR doesn't make sense with the lore, which is so important to halo. Sure other shooters have stories, but no other (dare I say) fandom is so interested in the lore. I myself am not a big campaign or lore guy, but I wouldn't want 343 to throw in BR and not have it make any sense. There has to be a little bit of a story, right? And playing as a spartan wouldn't make much sense in a battle royale to me. SO, my proposition is that we need another ODST game.

Like I said earlier, the short campaign and new gameplay mode was an ODST thing, and it should be again. Also, it would make more sense. A spartan wouldn't have to pick up armour off the ground, but an ODST might. Also, orbital DROP shock troopers. ODST's dropping into a BR map makes way more sense then spartans.

This was kind of hard for me to write and try to get my points across the way I imagine it cuz I suck at writing (just ask my teachers) but lemme know what you think.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlhefCFGRh0
The problem is, it could be a great BR game, but Halo at its core isnt meant to be one. Halo 4 and 5 are great games (gunplay, movement) but the reason so many people don't like them is because they truly aren't Halo at their core. While yes, ODST added new elements, at its core it still played like Halo.
Also, you discussed how trends haven't worked "yet" for 343 and I think that if 343 decides to keep trying to follow trends, we are going to have another H5 on our hands. Already, br games have short lifespans. People moved from pubg to fortnite, to blackout, to Apex Legends. I think that the novelty of a BR game in Halo would be short lived, as people won't see Halo as a lore deep and expansive universe, but rather as a shallow br game, and end up hurting the series more than it would help in the long run.
Darn straight
eviltedi wrote:
I agree, but I now have the opinion it would be better as a stand alone free to play. Also, if it's a new and fresh take on Battle Royale it could bring more players to Halo in general. Titanfall 2 had fallen of the Xbox top 50 most played here in Europe. However since Apex Legends dropped it's population has gone up again and it is back in the top 50. Coincidence ? Maybe, but Apex Legends is a slick game and I think some players will be curious about Titanfall 2, and others will have been reminded how good it is.
I'm not big on BR games but I 100% agree that if 343I or Microsoft want to do one for Halo it should be a free-to-play standalone game or even just a stand alone game.

Why tack on a mode that won't get the attention it should. For what? Just to say you have it? Then all the other aspects of the game will suffer, No thanks. It just makes way more sense to have a whole game dedicated towards it. If you're going to do it, do it right and go big or don't do it at all.
Halo doesn’t need a battle royale mode. Ugh it needs to expand on what it already has. Warzone could be improved to be more like conquest mode in other games like battlefield and sw battlefront. Halo already has a huge selection of weapons and vehicles.

A battle royale mode would mark Halo for death as a franchise, it would dispaly desperation to stay releveant which it doesn’t need. It just needs improvement on what its good at. A battle royale mode would be cool but it shouldnt be a priority. Gameplay, Story, and art are what is important in Halo.

Too many games are dropping campaigns in order to make as much money as possible from microtransactions from their multiplayer only games. Its sad to see people have lost what Halo means anymore. But i get it. Battle Royale is trendy. Perhaps a multiplayer expansion to Halo infinite will bring some other foreign game modes to the Halo scape. I’d like a halo where the armors/gear/gadgets are contextual to gameplay. Heavier armors are slower, but allow more carrying capacity and defense. Lighter armor allows quicker movement and armor abilities like jet pack or evade.
eviltedi wrote:
I agree, but I now have the opinion it would be better as a stand alone free to play. Also, if it's a new and fresh take on Battle Royale it could bring more players to Halo in general. Titanfall 2 had fallen of the Xbox top 50 most played here in Europe. However since Apex Legends dropped it's population has gone up again and it is back in the top 50. Coincidence ? Maybe, but Apex Legends is a slick game and I think some players will be curious about Titanfall 2, and others will have been reminded how good it is.
I'm not big on BR games but I 100% agree that if 343I or Microsoft want to do one for Halo it should be a free-to-play standalone game or even just a stand alone game.

Why tack on a mode that won't get the attention it should. For what? Just to say you have it? Then all the other aspects of the game will suffer, No thanks. It just makes way more sense to have a whole game dedicated towards it. If you're going to do it, do it right and go big or don't do it at all.
My opinion is similar to yours. At first I thought a Battle Royale playlist would be ok, but I have changed my opinion. I think a stand alone would have a better chance to shine. I'm not a massive Battle Royale fan myself, but I did enjoy PUBG and Blackout and I think a stand alone Halo Battle Royale could be exceptional.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30