2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30
Spikanor wrote:
Well as I said on the poll forum, we have forge world, we have custom game types. We could make a battle royale game type. Now of course no air-drop and 16 player start. But a battle royale game type is doable.

Now if the player count was increased to say 32 or 64 I think that opens up much possibility as far as game modes we could make. But again I said before 343 should not make a Battle Royale game mode. Instead they should give the community the tools and the community if battle royale is still a thing, the community can make it and everyone that plays halo has the ability to play that game type. After all Bungie didn't make Zombies, the community did, and that became the infection game mode.
who tells there are bringing forge world back?

the infection game mode is for max 12 players.
there never gone increase one game type like BR to 32 players or higher all is it make by the community in forge there never gone add it in the matchmaking lobby's thats something you can forget.
and if there is a halo Battle royal game coming the best chance's is still it will be a seperate game.
and not any game type or playlist in the main halo game.
Since your memory is shorter than that of Dori, here you go.
Pretty sure it’s Spelt “Battle Royale” but sure, I guess so..
Haven't checked this thread in a while, but super glad to see that the vast majority of people here don't want to see a battle royal mode in infinite 😁

This said, I think a decent amount of people would be ok with a stand alone battle royal game though (a free to play one for example)

The recent interview that Frank O'Connor gave in response to all the Battle Royal talk still left me a little concerned. He keep saying things along the lines of "As of now we aren't" I truly hope 343I doesn't do something dumb and add it at a later date to Infinite or something. Just keep things separate.
Haven't checked this thread in a while, but super glad to see that the vast majority of people here don't want to see a battle royal mode in infinite 😁

This said, I think a decent amount of people would be ok with a stand alone battle royal game though (a free to play one for example)

The recent interview that Frank O'Connor gave in response to all the Battle Royal talk still left me a little concerned. He keep saying things along the lines of "As of now we aren't" I truly hope 343I doesn't do something dumb and add it at a later date to Infinite or something. Just keep things separate.
If they did, their spin on it would be much better than it's predecessors. Imagine being an ODST squad dropping into a ring and you have to evade hostile covenant and hostile ODST teams in order to get to your Pelican for extraction.
I'd just like to say that BR is overrated. That is all.
XFitDaddy wrote:
I'd just like to say that BR is overrated. That is all.
Battle Royales are great, when you can actually win matches.
buzzsaw135 wrote:

If they did, their spin on it would be much better than it's predecessors. Imagine being an ODST squad dropping into a ring and you have to evade hostile covenant and hostile ODST teams in order to get to your Pelican for extraction.
I agree. An ODST drop would be amazing. If you actually read into the Interview with Frank o Connor, he never said no to Battle Royale. He was riding the edge of the question. We won't drop to an Island from a Battle Bus. That was clear as day, but he never gives out the straight answer of No.

My hopes are high. If you don't like Battle Royale, don't play it. Halo Infinite will be on PC and Xbox One. It will be on Gamepass. The population of Halo Infinite will be higher than any other Halo just by this fact. I bought Black Ops 4 just for the Blackout. Im absolutely sure people will buy Halo Infinite for a Battle Royale, and if they don't like it, they will play arena with everyone else.

Halo should have the current trends to gather more community members. New gamers are added to the pool all the time. You cannot expect a community to grow with the same people. You cannot expect everyone to have played all the Halos.

PS
Im not arguing with you. Im just stating onto this. Lol
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

I agree. An ODST drop would be amazing. If you actually read into the Interview with Frank o Connor, he never said no to Battle Royale. He was riding the edge of the question. We won't drop to an Island from a Battle Bus. That was clear as day, but he never gives out the straight answer of No.

My hopes are high. If you don't like Battle Royale, don't play it. Halo Infinite will be on PC and Xbox One. It will be on Gamepass. The population of Halo Infinite will be higher than any other Halo just by this fact. I bought Black Ops 4 just for the Blackout. Im absolutely sure people will buy Halo Infinite for a Battle Royale, and if they don't like it, they will play arena with everyone else.

Halo should have the current trends to gather more community members. New gamers are added to the pool all the time. You cannot expect a community to grow with the same people. You cannot expect everyone to have played all the Halos.

PS
Frankie actually did gave a pretty clear no to BR in H:I, but whatever floats your goat dude.

I mean, it isn't to me to be the one telling you or other people hoping for BR, that you're being delusional about this but
[...]No. We are NOT doing this as of now--and no plans to--[...] is as simple and as straight as a statement can be.
H:I won't have BR and that's a fact, you guys can twist it and turn it and wish for it as much as you want but if you're,
after that recent linked statement and the statement from last year, still not convinced and still expect BR to be there,
you will be dissapointed.
Halo Infinite needs Invasion gametype to come back.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS
Frankie actually did gave a pretty clear no to BR in H:I, but whatever floats your goat dude.

I mean, it isn't to me to be the one telling you or other people hoping for BR, that you're being delusional about this but
[...]No. We are NOT doing this as of now--and no plans to--[...] is as simple and as straight as a statement can be.
H:I won't have BR and that's a fact, you guys can twist it and turn it and wish for it as much as you want but if you're,
after that recent linked statement and the statement from last year, still not convinced and still expect BR to be there,
...we interested in big social modes with loads of organic shenanigans? Yes. Specifically A blimp full of survivors heading to an Island after a (metaphorical) lecture from Beat Takeshi? No. We are NOT doing this as of now....You know how you answer a Yes or No question? With a simple Yes or No.

Spartans coming out of a bus? No
A pelican? Yes.
I like to keep an open mind.

This post has been hidden.

munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

...we interested in big social modes with loads of organic shenanigans? Yes. Specifically A blimp full of survivors heading to an Island after a (metaphorical) lecture from Beat Takeshi? No. We are NOT doing this as of now....You know how you answer a Yes or No question? With a simple Yes or No.

A pelican? Yes.
This can (apparently) be interpreted in different ways, but I think that he's saying no to Battle Royale. (Also whenever he says "No. We are NOT doing this as of now..." he's driving home the point that they aren't doing BR, not that they aren't flying players in a blimp to an island"). "Big social modes with loads of organic shenanigans" can mean many different things. This could easily mean BTB, Infection, etc. And this isn't the only time he's gotten across that they aren't doing BR. Look back to all the other times they said no. Like how the only BR they're interested in is a Battle Rifle. After he said that this argument of whether or not it will have BR should've been over.

If anyone wants a Halo BR then go to MCC, forge a map, and play it on elimination. It's that simple, and you'd get a better experience out of that than any BR at this point in time.
No. It. Does. Not.

Thank you very much 🙈
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.
This can (apparently) be interpreted in different ways, but I think that he's saying no to Battle Royale. (Also whenever he says "No. We are NOT doing this as of now..." he's driving home the point that they aren't doing BR, not that they aren't flying players in a blimp to an island"). "Big social modes with loads of organic shenanigans" can mean many different things. This could easily mean BTB, Infection, etc. And this isn't the only time he's gotten across that they aren't doing BR. Look back to all the other times they said no. Like how the only BR they're interested in is a Battle Rifle. After he said that this argument of whether or not it will have BR should've been over.

If anyone wants a Halo BR then go to MCC, forge a map, and play it on elimination. It's that simple, and you'd get a better experience out of that than any BR at this point in time.
If a Battle Royale mode on MCC was so grand, I wouldn't have ditched playing Halo in general to play Blackout on Call of Duty. Comparing 100 players per match to 16 is bizzare. Thats like comparing Battlefields Conquest to BTB territories. They are not relative or remotely similiar in terms of gameplay.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

If a Battle Royale mode on MCC was so grand, I wouldn't have ditched playing Halo in general to play Blackout on Call of Duty. Comparing 100 players per match to 16 is bizzare. Thats like comparing Battlefields Conquest to BTB territories. They are not relative or remotely similiar in terms of gameplay.
I'm not saying it's the best, but rather the best you're going to get from Halo. Refer to the many arguments that occurred previously on this topic (since I don't want to repeat). All I'm saying is that's the best Halo's giving, so take that or nothing. If you want to play BR, then go play CoD or PUBG or whatever. What's bizarre is how people expect Halo to latch onto a genre that will likely die before they can even release a game for it. What's bizarre is that people still think Halo Infinite will have a BR when they said no.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

You talk like you are the Arbiter of popular games, and just because you choose to play BR games instead of Halo means everyone else does too, right? Get your inane fantasies out of here. O'Connor clearly stated there is no interest at 343 in doing a BR mode, the closest thing he said to there being one is that you can probably create one yourself in Infinite. 343 and O'Connor (as well as the vast majority of the community and people on this thread) have stated multiple times that they jave no interest in BR, and that to focus on such a ephemeral trend would be arbitrarily hurtful to the integrity of the franchise as a whole. Halo made it's name not by copying the formula of it's competitors, but by forging it's own unique path straight through it's competitors.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

You talk like you are the Arbiter of popular games, and just because you choose to play BR games instead of Halo means everyone else does too, right? Get your inane fantasies out of here. O'Connor clearly stated there is no interest at 343 in doing a BR mode, the closest thing he said to there being one is that you can probably create one yourself in Infinite. 343 and O'Connor (as well as the vast majority of the community and people on this thread) have stated multiple times that they jave no interest in BR, and that to focus on such a ephemeral trend would be arbitrarily hurtful to the integrity of the franchise as a whole. Halo made it's name not by copying the formula of it's competitors, but by forging it's own unique path straight through it's competitors.
Please tell me how Halo is unique to you.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

I'm not saying it's the best, but rather the best you're going to get from Halo. Refer to the many arguments that occurred previously on this topic (since I don't want to repeat). All I'm saying is that's the best Halo's giving, so take that or nothing. If you want to play BR, then go play CoD or PUBG or whatever. What's bizarre is how people expect Halo to latch onto a genre that will likely die before they can even release a game for it. What's bizarre is that people still think Halo Infinite will have a BR when they said no.
If a forged BR is better than a developer made BR. I hope Halo Infinite is purely forge maps again so you can have a bitter taste in your mouth too.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

If a forged BR is better than a developer made BR. I hope Halo Infinite is purely forge maps again so you can have a bitter taste in your mouth too.
Firstly, that's a poorly made comeback. And secondly, I never said a forged BR is better than a developer made BR; I said (and this is the last time for all time) that a forge map with elimination is the best you're going to get from Halo. -yoink!- I wish there was a double bold button so I could get that into your head. I'm not saying that forged slayer or regular multiplayer maps are better than dev maps either.

And seeing as that there's going to be no BR in Halo, it looks like you will be the only one with a bitter taste in your mouth, along with your delusional perspective.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
munk07 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:

PS

A pelican? Yes.

343 and O'Connor have stated multiple times that they jave no interest in BR, and that to focus on such a ephemeral trend would be arbitrarily hurtful to the integrity of the franchise as a whole.
That is not an accurate statement at all. I watched a recent interview with Bonnie Ross, and she said nothing of the sort. In fact, she stated that Battle Royale is talked about a lot in the studio, she also said she was impressed with Apex and what Respawn have achieved. I'm not sure we'll see a Battle Royale with Halo Infinite, but the studio has got an interest in the genre, and I think we'll see it at some point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30