OP Hella Hot Trash

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Are u sure "diverse" is the word you want to use? There are diverse characters in Halo, especially if you wanna count the marines. Plus, youre playing a game about ALIENS.. Whats more diverse than having different sets of species? Female characters are dope too; Miranda, Cortana, Foehammer, Palmer, Halsey... I can keep going too. Halos fine with its characters, some just need a little more development. And does Halo really need trans characters? And with all due respect, can we leave that kinda stuff out of Halo? I can already see an uproar if that were to happen.
Someone had to yoinking say it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't think someone that is specifically stated to be trans makes any sense in Halo. Think about it, its 500 years in the future where they can genetically augment solders. I feel like a trans woman would physically be no different than any other woman after transitioning, being able to give birth and everything. So, calling them trans at that point seems a little redundant.
So, in terms of story. How would a character you want in be handled?

I find armor customization to be enough as I envision myself to be in that armor. I have no need to showcase how I'd look without an armor, as I imagine others would be as uninterested in how I look as how uninterested I am in how they look.

Armor on the other hand is cool.
Well, I think it would work like Destiny than? Problem is it's just a novelty option because nobody else but you will ever see your guardian without helmet! In the specific case of Destiny 1 and 2 luckily so imho. Or at least I hope you guys like square jaw lines on male and female characters! 😂😂😂

I don't see any real use for it in Halo outside of machinima, but I wouldn't have anything against it either. However, if it is in the game I hope it's done well. In the era of Black Desert and Anthem character creation tools, the system implemented by Destiny and other similar titles are embracing to say the least.

In other words don't do it or do it right. Just my two cents!
To be fair, there WAS Kat-B320 who crushed her own arm when she flipped from a Banshee bomb blast and landed on it. She ended up with a prosthetic and so was a 'disabled' Spartan-III. But I mean, they're Spartans, Super Soldiers; there isn't much room for being disabled.

As for being ethnically diverse? We've had all kinds of Spartans that were clearly not from American descent. While we might not have seen their faces, we can tell from their speech and accent. Jun, Kat, Jorge, Emile, were all from different backgrounds. Hoya is African American, I believe Grant is Scottish? I think even Linda-058 hails from a Scottish background. We really could use some more interactions from Spartans that have mostly just been in the background.
I didn't realize this was the 'Halo: Tumblr Evolved' forum.

But, overlooking the "inclusionary" nonsense, did OP not play Reach? It already showcased both disabled (Kat) and Asian (Jun) Spartans, so that part of the argument goes out the window.

And Trans Spartans? For one, that's simply not a can of worms I think 343 or MS would ever risk opening, realistically. Aside from that, if we're talking about S-IIs or S-IIs, we're talking about largely asexual beings, who are both genetically and chemically programed to become the perfect combat machines. Canonically speaking, sexual/social "identity" isn't something the OG Spartans would've been given time to explore, even if their augmentations didn't inhibit those traits to begin with. And if we're talking S-IVs, I suppose there might be a chance, but it's still unlikely. Just going by ONI's still hyper-strict selection criteria for S-IV recruits, Trans recruits seem implausible. The only way it would work is if chemical/physical reassignment operations were totally perfected... and at that point, you'd still only need Male/Female customization options, because there's no difference between a Trans male and a born male, so it's ultimately a waste of time.
Trans and Asian Spartans could exist, but since we see most of them wearing their armor from head to feet we just have to assume. After all, the UNSC isn't only made up of straight Americans. Jorge, for example, is an Hungarian Spartan-II.
As for that type of customization, again, being clad in that armor 24/7 (literally), you really can't tell anything apart as far as human characteristics go, except for gender of course. So that type of customization would be quite pointless. Could work in an RPG Halo game though. As a matter of fact, there was supposed to be an RPG Halo game, Halo: Chronicles, I believe was the name.
Halo already has a diversed cast.
And i'm pretty sure Kat and Jun are of asian decent.Kat is also disabled.

As for character customization,that just seems wholly unnecessary.Armor customization is Halo's staple since you're literally never in a scenario where you'll need to exit your armour.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Jun has a tattoo on his neck and face and Kelly-087 apparently used to dye her hair if I read correctly lol. So, we have both already. And then there's Spartan Miller and Palmer who are usually helmetless.
I don't think halo needs to focus on this because some of halo 5's main characters consist of an evil artificial intelligence, a black dude, and a 7 foot tall alien. So I think that we are good.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
I dont think Halo Infinite needs 'more characters' at this point, as much as it needs to better develop and utilize the characters it already has.

I also dont think racial/gender diversity is an issue with Halo... at all.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wanting things to be more diverse is not PC and it doesnt make you a sjw.
That's irrelevant. What the op was asking falls in lockstep with that particular belief system, therefore the statement applies.
Let's not mess with the format of Halo. If you think it's important to see transexual, disabled, etc. characters, then you're looking for it in the wrong games.
So what if a kid in a wheelchair wants to be able to relate to a character in Halo? Or how about a trans male or female who just wants to play as a spartan that represents the gender of their choosing?

The same logic you used could have been said in 1996 about Pokemon Red and Blue to females who requested that they wanted to play as a girl in their adventure. Imagine if someone told a girl "Lets not mess with the format of Pokemon. If you think it's important to play as a girl in the adventure, then you're looking in the wrong game." Just because you don't play games to see yourself represented in the game, doesn't mean other people don't.

Does that put it my point into perspective a bit more?

I'm not saying that we need to force diversity into the franchise similar to how other movies, shows, games, etc. do. I'm saying that it's a reality that the world is changing along with the people who inhabit it, and creating a world with characters almost anyone can relate too is going to make for a better experience overall.

Also, you claim that your statements are objective in and of themselves, which that is simply not true. I also regard Halo: CE as the best campaign, but at the end of the day that is just my opinion. You fallaciously attributed Halo: CE's simple and straightforward cast and story with being the entirety of what made it successful and good, while not factoring in the hundreds of other reasons why it was a hit. You also claimed that Halo: 5's diversity did nothing for it, which is also not true. Just because you or a few other people didn't like it, doesn't meant there aren't thousands of other people who enjoyed Halo 5's campaign.

I honestly can't understand how people get so heated and combative at the mere suggestion of a more interactive experience for everyone. I simply just said that they should create a system where every type of person can relate the game on a personal level lol
Naqser wrote:
So, in terms of story. How would a character you want in be handled?

I find armor customization to be enough as I envision myself to be in that armor. I have no need to showcase how I'd look without an armor, as I imagine others would be as uninterested in how I look as how uninterested I am in how they look.

Armor on the other hand is cool.
You say that now, but hear me out. There are sooooo many possibilities for facial customization. Example:

let's say you beat the campaign on Legendary with the Black Eye skull active. That would give you a legendary customization option to have your character have a bad-butt looking black eye.

Or let's say you beat legendary campaign with the Blind Skull active. That would give you the option to have your character have some sick looking blind eyes.
<p></p>
Naqser wrote:
You say that now, but hear me out. There are sooooo many possibilities for facial customization. Example:

let's say you beat the campaign on Legendary with the Black Eye skull active. That would give you a legendary customization option to have your character have a bad-butt looking black eye.
But... you have a helmet 24/7... how would that even be relevant?
Oh, you meant diversity of skin color and nothing else matters. Nothing to see here.
Naqser wrote:

But... you have a helmet 24/7... how would that even be relevant?
I explained my views on this earlier on in the thread with this. Feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks.
"Yes, of course, the customized spartan would not be playable in campaign, that's obvious enough. However, the multiplayer of the game could very well have open world elements to it. As Halo 5 stands, I feel very unattached to my spartan because of the underwhelming options there are: weapon skin, stance, visor color, helmet (which most aren't that great) I mean, don't get me wrong it is a good variety, but when I look at the spartan next to my gamertag, I really don't feel like that represents me at all, mostly because anyone else can just have the same exact thing.Now lets be clear, I'm not saying that helmet-less customized spartans should be a part of matchmaking, I'm saying that the feature will tremendously enhance the social aspect of Halo. Pre-game and post- game lobbies, social spaces, service records, heck, even an action sack variation of "helmetless slayer" would be awesome and hilarious. Or, how about a legendary customizable item of a see-through visor so you can actually see the person's unique face? The possibilities of having your very own customized face goes well beyond 4v4 ranked matches.The bottom line is that if implemented correctly, a customizable body and face generator would not negatively impact the experience, even for people who don't want it. It would be a very welcomed addition to the franchise and thousands of people would create unique looking faces that reflects who they are or who they want to be in the game.Don't like the customizable face option? Just keep the helmet on.Don't like people who use it? Just don't look at their service records or avatars, but honestly I can't see why this would bother anyone lolI myself have also been close-minded in the past about the features of the new 343 Halos, but after I just loosened up and accepted the changes, I actually grew to like them and actually prefer some of them over the old games. For example:
  • Call outs in Halo 5: At first I was like, what the heck is this. Why is my spartan talking. Why is there some random announcer telling me when weapons will spawn. omg. but after awhile, I realized why they put them in and the fact that it really did make me feel like I was on a team and the fact that since nobody in xbox live uses mics anymore, it was useful to have pre-set recordings talking to my spartan when I made a good shot or died or something. Sad? Yes, but that's just the gaming atmosphere that's become, and 343 found a good way to fill the void of silent lobbies.
  • Halo 4's Covenant not speaking English: At first, I was like why, where's the lulz, where's the chuckles, where's the giggles, where's the grunts screaming DEMON while running for his life? But as the story progressed, I realized that it actually enhanced the campaign. Whether it was intentional or not, the lack of dialogue from the covenant helps the player focus on what the stories actually about, and for a change it's not entirely about the Covenant and what they're doing, it was about the UNSC, Cortana and Chief, and humanity's role in the universe.
  • Shiny, almost cartoonish style armor. This is one of the most complained about things about the 343 Halo's style, which I actually was in the bandwagon of before. I absolutely hated how bright and shiny everything was, that was until I realized how much more beneficial it was to gameplay. If you play Halo 2 classic or even remastered, it's sometimes impossible to see the enemies because they just blend in with the shadows that they're in. Is that more realistic? Yep. Is it good for gameplay? Unless you like squinting super hard and turning up the brightness on your tv, then maybe.
I feel like my past self would have also been against the idea of a customizable face option and would have said something along the lines of your statement "All spartans keep their helmets on in multiplayer, I certainly don't think that should change." without seeing the bigger picture of how cool and interesting it could become.Also, I already know the argument of resources, time, and money is going to come into play when regarding the development of this imaginary facial generator customization option, and all I have to say is I don't buy it. Mass Effect 1 was released in 2007 and has a face generator that would be perfectly fine, so people telling me that more than ten years later a billion dollar company developing one of their highest budget games of one of the biggest franchises in video game history can't create a simple face generator because of money? lol Nah.Halo 5 had 240 different helmets, surely they can slice that number down a bit and introduce something as simple as a customizable face too."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5