Halo Infinite needs to have many contents at day 1

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Many videogames seems have a lack of content in day one, then they say more will come later, this is one of the reasons why video games decline quick. BO4 and BF5 have a lack of content at day one.

Halo Infinite needs to have lots of content in day which means lots of maps, modes and playlists in day one, it needs to be near a complete game, then continue with updates even though we have lots of content in day one, this will keep players to play the game.

Halo 5 declined quick due to its lack of content in day one. We had to wait for griffball, infection, forge and most other modes and playlists.

Halo Infinite needs to have all modes ready, if they have problems and cant release it in day one, they should delay the game, so they get more time to make the game a huge successful. Also microtransactions needs to be cosemetic only, microtransactions are also another reason why video games decline, I only give Titanfall 2 a credit for making it different and fair.

If 343 realize why lack of content is such a big thing, then im sure to can release well.

What do you think, any ideas?
I believe 343 is gonna make sure that everything is available for us day 1. I believe seeing how poorly Halo 5 was welcomed due to it's lack of content made 343 realize that they needed everything up front. So I personally believe that Infinite will have all the content ready for us on day 1. Especially since it's taking around 4-5 years to develop.
I doubt 343 would allow Halo Infinite to have a bad launch. 343 isn't going to follow current trends in gaming of releasing a game and releasing the rest of its content months later.
I heard it will only include the first single player mission and 2 multiplayer maps and the rest will be released in bi-monthly content patches that will cost 10 bucks each.
I believe 343 is gonna make sure that everything is available for us day 1. I believe seeing how poorly Halo 5 was welcomed due to it's lack of content made 343 realize that they needed everything up front. So I personally believe that Infinite will have all the content ready for us on day 1. Especially since it's taking around 4-5 years to develop.
USCRuss72 wrote:
I doubt 343 would allow Halo Infinite to have a bad launch. 343 isn't going to follow current trends in gaming of releasing a game and releasing the rest of its content months later.
Totally agree with the above.

Bonnie Ross has been very clear in interviews about the new engine having better abilities for on-the-go fixes and new content, which worried me slightly. At the same time though they have surely learned their lesson too and will launch with lots of content.

There are the rumours about a separate Single Player and Multiplayer launches: which could also be a good workaround and still fits with Bonnie's comments
I heard it will only include the first single player mission and 2 multiplayer maps and the rest will be released in bi-monthly content patches that will cost 10 bucks each.
Don't believe everything you hear from YouTube ;)
MorseyBaby wrote:
There are the rumours about a separate Single Player and Multiplayer launches
This isn't a thing that's happening, they'll ship at the same time just like previous games :)
I highly doubt 343 would make that mistake again. Easily one of halo 5s biggest problems and they’re very aware of how big of an issue it was
stckrboy wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
This isn't a thing that's happening, they'll ship at the same time just like previous games :)
Wasn't aware that one had been officially debunked. Cheers!

That's even better news (though to be honest I absolutely wouldn't mind if that had happened)
stckrboy wrote:
Don't believe everything you hear from YouTube ;)
MorseyBaby wrote:
But I heard it from my Friends dad's brother's cousin who works for Bill Gates
I have no reason to believe it won't be lacking at launch. As far as I'm aware, 343 thinks their #sustain program was a whopping success in H5.
It's extremely unlikely that 343 would release a game of lesser content than Halo 3.
Plus an insider program.
I hope as a minimum they have the following at launch:
  • Campaign
  • Matchmaking/Custom games
  • PvE Mode (Firefight/missions etc)
  • Forge
  • Theatre
The multiplayer and forge will have all the well known game types too (Slayer, CTF, KotH, Oddball, Assault, Infection, SWAT). This is all easily forgable too and includes the different variants of the gametypes too (E.g. Moshpit/Crazy King).
I don't think publishers understand that their idea of GaaS doesn't work very well when the launch is sparse in content. Who cares if you consistently add content for a year or two if that same content should have been there at launch (H5 did this). They think adding content will draw people in, which makes sense but when your game is lackluster at launch, people will just drop it within a few weeks and move on, not caring what's added because now they're busy with other games. Things that were missing at H5 launch like forge and BTB have to be there day one. You need to have enough content for people to justify buying your game and keep them interested past a month, THEN add more. Regarding mtx, yes they should definitely be cosmetic only.
They just quit thr game if it has a lack of content at day one, even if they will add alot more later, it should not be that.
USCRuss72 wrote:
That's kind of what they did with halo 5
Quote:
That's kind of what they did with halo 5
That was then and this is now. 343 has learned from their mistakes. If you need any proof of that just look at MCC.
I don't see how they can afford to do that when we're on year four of Halo 5 with a lack of content. Guardians is to this day the skeletal frame over which 343 could've made a decent Halo game overall. Setting aside completely gripes with the campaign and personal prejudices against the movement mechanics and Spartan abilities, there simply isn't anything much to do in Halo 5 compared to prior Halo games. Even Halo 4 had Spartan Ops as well as a more accessible (not more powerful, but way more accessible) and ubiquitous Forge and Custom Games element and splitscreen across almost every playable mode in the game.

Halo: Reach had all of that and a brilliant Firefight mode that could be played locally or online with a similarly excellent variety of modifiers and options to customize to really play around in and enjoy the game's sandbox. My favorite thing about Halo 5 is hands down how many awesome vehicles and weapons are featured in it. My least favorite thing about Halo 5 is that it doesn't really take advantage of any of it by giving players the sort of freedom to do what they want with it.

If Infinite brings it on the level of Halo 5 in terms of variety in its sandbox and on the level of Halo: Reach in terms of letting the community use that sandbox how it wants to, collectively and on an individual level, I'll love the game. A good campaign would just be the cherry on top.
Devs have largely ended what Epic Games call the "Ship and Pray Model", and more are adopting the Games-As-A-Service model (whether rolling updates as part of the full game price, or paid for by Microtransactions). Alas, as games get more complicated and expensive to make, it requires more time and money to make even one map area in a Campaign Mission than ever before, so Devs try to cut workloads and unnecessary costs by only creating what players might actually play, especially when it comes to Online Multiplayer - why create a bunch of stuff that no-one plays, when it just wastes time, money and effort? So, they release a Campaign and a basic Multiplayer, then add what MP features the majority of the player community ask for.

However, the Slipspace Engine ought to help here, as it has apparently had a lot of work to create an easier to use UI, as well as all the things they'll need before the artists start work on the game, all to allow the artists to get on with their job without hitting tech problems, needing new bits added to do certain jobs, or getting bogged down in complicated features - some of which may have slowed Halo 5 production.

On thew new Engine "We can (now) create enviroments faster" say 343i, so bigger Campaign maps, as well as more Multiplayer content may well be available at release this time, then after launch they could add more new MP maps and gametypes in response to community requests and faster than before.

We can only wait and see...
I'd like to believe that won't be the case, but given 343's track record combined with the general trends in "AAA" gaming, I can't say I'm holding out much hope.

On top of the usual campaign, Forge needs to be there day 1 as well as theater(4 player+ campaign), spectator, file sharing, splitscreen, some sort of PvE(preferably classic Firefight), developer BTB, and all standard gametypes need to be present. Everything beyond that needs to come after the basics are in. I couldn't care less about some sort of "Warzone 2.0" or some fancy new gametype if it means we don't have the essentials like dev BTB and Forge from the word go.

That all being said, the fact that Infinite has not been rushed out to meet the typical 3 year gap gives me a bit of hope.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4