Halo Infinite needs to have many contents at day 1

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
They can't do it the third time first MCC, then Halo 5. I think it is just too painful and too unnecessary effort to launch the game to fix it later. I hope 343 learned their lesson and will release a game with everything a Halo titles deserves, instead of only two Warzone maps, no forge and no Big team Battle.
The amount of time that has gone into Halo Infinite already is enough for me to believe 343 will have this one MOSTLY if not COMPLETELY nailed down day 1. I'm expecting a near perfect launch. Super excited.

The only issue I see is the level of interest in Halo has dropped significantly since Halo 2/3 days. What we need is a massive pool of players again. Giving 343 the option to keep making better content and keep growing the game.
xAlchemist wrote:
The amount of time that has gone into Halo Infinite already is enough for me to believe 343 will have this one MOSTLY if not COMPLETELY nailed down day 1. I'm expecting a near perfect launch. Super excited.

The only issue I see is the level of interest in Halo has dropped significantly since Halo 2/3 days. What we need is a massive pool of players again. Giving 343 the option to keep making better content and keep growing the game.
After MCC big updates, feel like Infinite will do the same. Battlepass system on MCC but kinda confused if it will work well. Really hope it makes the community friendly, meanwhile I don't care how popular Fortnite is, I don't like it anyway plus community is way toxic in it. But Halo always had a better community than Fortnite.
AMA4N wrote:
Many videogames seems have a lack of content in day one, then they say more will come later, this is one of the reasons why video games decline quick. BO4 and BF5 have a lack of content at day one.

Halo Infinite needs to have lots of content in day which means lots of maps, modes and playlists in day one, it needs to be near a complete game, then continue with updates even though we have lots of content in day one, this will keep players to play the game.

Halo 5 declined quick due to its lack of content in day one. We had to wait for griffball, infection, forge and most other modes and playlists.

Halo Infinite needs to have all modes ready, if they have problems and cant release it in day one, they should delay the game, so they get more time to make the game a huge successful. Also microtransactions needs to be cosemetic only, microtransactions are also another reason why video games decline, I only give Titanfall 2 a credit for making it different and fair.

If 343 realize why lack of content is such a big thing, then im sure to can release well.

What do you think, any ideas?
I really hope 343i has learned their lesson from H5 and I hope that they launch the new Xbox console flagship in playable conditions on day one. they absolutely cannot take any chances with Infinite, this i believe is the game which will make or break the camels back and if it goes wrong then I don't know how they will get over it
I believe 343 is gonna make sure that everything is available for us day 1. I believe seeing how poorly Halo 5 was welcomed due to it's lack of content made 343 realize that they needed everything up front. So I personally believe that Infinite will have all the content ready for us on day 1. Especially since it's taking around 4-5 years to develop.
Actually the way 343i has been talking about 'games has a service' has me concerned' so I have doubts that everything will be at launch because it's taken them 4-5 years to make the game and it's more likely they could have more content this time...though I do suspect more delayed content.
Hopefully because no one wants to buy an incomplete game.
I feel like 343 has been good about dlc they feel like it truly is an add on not something missing
I'd put Halo 3 as a bench mark for features. It should contain
  • Campaign w/Co-op
  • Multiplayer and Online Gamepaly
  • Player Customization (include Elites)
  • Theater
  • Forge
As of now it is clear that MCC on PC will not launch with the last two. I am wondering if that will also be true for Infinite's launch.
  • Campaign w/Co-op
  • Theater
  • Forge
As of now it is clear that MCC on PC will not launch with the last two. I am wondering if that will also be true for Infinite's launch.
Hope it launches in Infinite with these last two since Halo 5 had the least selling copies in the halo franchise but not counting Halo wars and Spartan asdulat/strike since they are different.
Unfortunately it feels like a pipe dream to expect any video game to be released in a state that feels polished and "complete," entirely. I'm not expecting Infinite to be an exception to this general industry trend, but I do agree that it really can't afford to be less polished than Halo 5 and defimitely needs to launch a lot less broken than MCC did back in '14.

The PR nightmare of the game that's supposed to put the Halo franchise back on the map of gaming's best and brightest IP's on any platform launching in a nearly unplayable condition? I hope nobody has to spell out what that would mean for the future of the series to 343i.

Even so, as I said before: it won't be perfect at day one. In today's industry, the necessity incentive for a high level of polish has been removed by the ability to patch games on day one and beyond. Pressing disks used to mean you were done, for better or worse, so everything depended upon the state of fit and finish on your game before it went into print. Not anymore. Even if it were still like that, the games of today are orders of magnitude more difficult to polish and square up than the ones we all remember from two console generations ago. It wouldn't even be reasonable to expect perfection on any game this big day-one. But, again, I agree with you wholeheartedly that it needs to release in a very playable state.
Unfortunately it feels like a pipe dream to expect any video game to be released in a state that feels polished and "complete," entirely. I'm not expecting Infinite to be an exception to this general industry trend, but I do agree that it really can't afford to be less polished than Halo 5 and defimitely needs to launch a lot less broken than MCC did back in '14.

The PR nightmare of the game that's supposed to put the Halo franchise back on the map of gaming's best and brightest IP's on any platform launching in a nearly unplayable condition? I hope nobody has to spell out what that would mean for the future of the series to 343i.

Even so, as I said before: it won't be perfect at day one. In today's industry, the necessity incentive for a high level of polish has been removed by the ability to patch games on day one and beyond. Pressing disks used to mean you were done, for better or worse, so everything depended upon the state of fit and finish on your game before it went into print. Not anymore. Even if it were still like that, the games of today are orders of magnitude more difficult to polish and square up than the ones we all remember from two console generations ago. It wouldn't even be reasonable to expect perfection on any game this big day-one. But, again, I agree with you wholeheartedly that it needs to release in a very playable state.
Yeah, I do agree that updates are a good way to keep players playing halo. But let's hope it releases a lot of content and not like Halo 5 but still do updates at the same time but first they gotta focus on what needs to be at day 1 then they do upcoming contents. Halo 5 focused way too much on upcoming contents.
Don’t expect this. It’s GaaS trend and an XGP title, this would definitely change this design of games we’re familiar with. I don’t forgive 343 for no developer-made BTB maps in Halo 5, shame.
  • Campaign w/Co-op
  • Theater
  • Forge
Our glory Halo 3 days. They removed drone style Theater feature for campaign and multiplayer, damn. Maybe engine limitation, less hope for Halo 6.
AMA4N wrote:
Many videogames seems have a lack of content in day one, then they say more will come later, this is one of the reasons why video games decline quick. BO4 and BF5 have a lack of content at day one.

Halo Infinite needs to have lots of content in day which means lots of maps, modes and playlists in day one, it needs to be near a complete game, then continue with updates even though we have lots of content in day one, this will keep players to play the game.

Halo 5 declined quick due to its lack of content in day one. We had to wait for griffball, infection, forge and most other modes and playlists.

Halo Infinite needs to have all modes ready, if they have problems and cant release it in day one, they should delay the game, so they get more time to make the game a huge successful. Also microtransactions needs to be cosemetic only, microtransactions are also another reason why video games decline, I only give Titanfall 2 a credit for making it different and fair.

If 343 realize why lack of content is such a big thing, then im sure to can release well.

What do you think, any ideas?
Yes to everything,
BUT,
no micro-transactions at all, replace them with paid campaign "spin-off like" DLCs and we're fine (also NO paid multiplayer map-packs)
skydogcom wrote:
Don’t expect this. It’s GaaS trend and an XGP title, this would definitely change this design of games we’re familiar with. I don’t forgive 343 for no developer-made BTB maps in Halo 5, shame.
Infinite is their last chance otherwise many Halo fans will never forgive 343 again. Their aim to make Halo great again is fun ganeplay, the player and balance, that was bungie's aim. 343 ficused too much on competitive even though their were some great ideas on it but fun and balance it what is more important.
xAlchemist wrote:

That's why they're also launching it on PC to up the player base. I'm mixed on this as I understand why they're doing it but feel like there isn't any point of owning Xbox anymore when they have no exclusive games anymore as they will all be on PC now. yet the Xbox only gamer is getting screwed because PC exclusives aren't coming to Xbox. I already have friends who say they won't be getting the next Xbox and I must admit these kind of actions are making me consider spending my money elsewhere. I could easily see myself spending no or very little money on Xbox in the future the way things are going, but I'm getting off top of here so yeah lol

I completely agree. It seems almost impossible now for any game to actually come out finished and the sad thing is it will continue because so many people seem to be okay with it for the most part. I just don't understand people.

I don't think Halo infinite will launch poorly as 343I and Microsoft can't afford to have that happen again with Halo but I definitely don't think it's going to launch with all the content either. Probably within 3 months they'll come out with some new game mode or something for the game. Micro transactions are also here to stay unfortunately because once again too many people buy them for reasons that I can't comprehend. I understand this in a free to play game but otherwise I don't.

Video games aren't what they used to be nor will they ever be that again unfortunately and I feel sorry for people that didn't get to experience gaming at it's peek in the 16-bit era as far as I'm concerned.
xAlchemist wrote:

That's why they're also launching it on PC to up the player base. I'm mixed on this as I understand why they're doing it but feel like there isn't any point of owning Xbox anymore when they have no exclusive games anymore as they will all be on PC now. yet the Xbox only gamer is getting screwed because PC exclusives aren't coming to Xbox. I already have friends who say they won't be getting the next Xbox and I must admit these kind of actions are making me consider spending my money elsewhere. I could easily see myself spending no or very little money on Xbox in the future the way things are going, but I'm getting off top of here so yeah lol

I completely agree. It seems almost impossible now for any game to actually come out finished and the sad thing is it will continue because so many people seem to be okay with it for the most part. I just don't understand people.

I don't think Halo infinite will launch poorly as 343I and Microsoft can't afford to have that happen again with Halo but I definitely don't think it's going to launch with all the content either. Probably within 3 months they'll come out with some new game mode or something for the game. Micro transactions are also here to stay unfortunately because once again too many people buy them for reasons that I can't comprehend. I understand this in a free to play game but otherwise I don't.

Video games aren't what they used to be nor will they ever be that again unfortunately and I feel sorry for people that didn't get to experience gaming at it's peek in the 16-bit era as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah i do get Xbox lost this generation so bad. When i first heard the "Xbox play anywhere" was a cool idea but wasn't ready that time but it's gotten better since. I agree they do need sone console exclusives but best way is to make Scarlett support used games without restrictions and lend it to a frie. I am still happy that Halo is coming on PC but I'm still buying Infinite on Xbox
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
AMA4N wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

Yeah i do get Xbox lost this generation so bad. When i first heard the "Xbox play anywhere" was a cool idea but wasn't ready that time but it's gotten better since. I agree they do need sone console exclusives but best way is to make Scarlett support used games without restrictions and lend it to a frie. I am still happy that Halo is coming on PC but I'm still buying Infinite on Xbox
I'm curious what will happen with Xbox as the years progress. Is PC really going to stay the gaming platform of choice? I think consoles will take it back. Exclusives will exist, there won't be a 'PC' version of some games, so you would still need to purchase an Xbox and the Xbox version to play, even with play anywhere.
And I haven't really felt the 'xbox lost this generation so bad' other than PS4 sales. Honestly, there wasn't much I wanted to play on PS4. Exclusives we're virtually non-existent, but I prefer the Xbox gold model. So I went with that. And in the last year or so, PS has done nothing worth mentioning. Lol
xAlchemist wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

I'm curious what will happen with Xbox as the years progress. Is PC really going to stay the gaming platform of choice? I think consoles will take it back. Exclusives will exist, there won't be a 'PC' version of some games, so you would still need to purchase an Xbox and the Xbox version to play, even with play anywhere.
And I haven't really felt the 'xbox lost this generation so bad' other than PS4 sales. Honestly, there wasn't much I wanted to play on PS4. Exclusives we're virtually non-existent, but I prefer the Xbox gold model. So I went with that. And in the last year or so, PS has done nothing worth mentioning. Lol
Well the one advantage consoles had over PC used to be that the game will work with that console as they were already standardized with all consumers, for PC well the whole concept is each owner can configure and customize their own computer so the specifications were not standard and thus games on the PC had to make compromises to reach a wide variety of users to make a profit.

But now with the advent of the day 1 patch, well the promise that a game will work on a console is no guarantee. Furthermore was the attempt by Microsoft to not sell you a console but instead just lease it to you with terms and conditions that gives them the right to brick it if it does not check in with their servers at times. That blew up in Microsoft's face so bad even after they abandoned that idea the damage to the Xbox brand was irreversible. Now they are talking about streaming machines and only downloads for consoles instead of physical retail media. That is another attempt on switching the sale to a lease as it is illegal to repossess a sold product that was paid in full, but for software there is no ownership and now most apps are not sold but rented or subscription based and subsidized with streamed in app advertisement.

That being said it hasn't been all good news for PCs because of the said how digital commodities are treated. Heck what once was relegated to consoles (the platform wars) has now made its way onto PC with the Storefront Wars where Epic is poised to beat up Valve the same way Nintendo beat up Sega (but in a less polite way). Online gameplay has had a lot of advantages and could have extended the lifespan of the experience. But now companies have developed that connectivity from allowing the end user to enjoy it with friends to a string that could pull that game away at any notice.

I'm sure many of you are tired of us old folks talk about the good old days, but let me tell you this those were the Good days, and I am sorry but your lot is getting ripped off, and I wish you were able to experience gaming when it was way better and not so predatory.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4