Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite photo mode yay or nay?

OP MiNi SeAn xXx

Would you like a photo mode featured in the pause menu.. to snap some beauty shots of battles and skylines etc or rather keep with the xbox and steam Screenshot function.
Honestly, just having Theatre available for campaign again would do the trick.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Honestly, just having Theatre available for campaign again would do the trick.
A fixed theatre mode would be amazing!!
There should be an in-game Theatre mode. I remember Halo 3 celebrating the best images with in-game highlights. Seeing those screenshots and clips encouraged me to watch chaotic moments or stage my own with friends. It added another level of engagement with the player-base. With other titles being referred to as social platforms rather than games-as-a-service, this ability to capture and share experiences was well ahead of its time.

Whether the Xbox capture functionality is integrated into the title or not (which would be awesome when considering the new controller's inputs), there should be an in-game Theatre mode.
There should be an in-game Theatre mode. I remember Halo 3 celebrating the best images with in-game highlights. Seeing those screenshots and clips encouraged me to watch chaotic moments or stage my own with friends. It added another level of engagement with the player-base. With other titles being referred to as social platforms rather than games-as-a-service, this ability to capture and share experiences was well ahead of its time.

Whether the Xbox capture functionality is integrated into the title or not (which would be awesome when considering the new controller's inputs), there should be an in-game Theatre mode.
Entirely agree on all points. A proper Theatre Mode will be more than sufficient and will have more functionality than just a photo mode
Infinite seems like the perfect game to have campaign Theate. I spend many hours in halo 3 taking screenshots. putting the camera in explosions to get crazy effects. good times.
Just theatre.
I know the Series X has that Share button, but as I don't have one yet, I'm not exactly sure how that all works.

But I like the idea of a system built into the game itself, so that you can pause and take a screenshot, effectively removing the HUD from the screen and capturing what your looking at, and dumping it into your 'recent files'.

That said, the return of Campaign Theatre would be much appreciated.
Though I imagine they may have to limit the distance the detached camera can fly away from Chief, due to the rest of the map not being loaded in. I could be wrong, but having the entire map running at any given time seems like a wasteful use of processing power. Think the Hex, from WandaVision.
Spoiler:
Show
What I think could really give the game a shot in the arm, would be a rudimentary editing tool, that would allow you to take clips and screenshots and edit them together into a montage of sorts, that could then be uploaded to your file share.
If Theatre was the answer to capture devices, this would be the answer to editing software.
Maybe it would be a separate Halo App for the Xbox, and maybe only on the Series consoles, but its potential is limitless, and could pave the way for the rest of the gaming industry in true Halo fashion.
A complete photo mode would be a great add in Halo Infinite. It could be added to the Theater mode.
The ability to adjust the saturation, luminosity, contrast, sharpness, blur, depth field, aperture, camera inclination, levelling zoom, effects etc. seems to be a standard for a good photo mode. The community need better tools to take screenshots and to make machiminas!
Theatre is pretty much Halo's photo mode. Halo Infinite had better have one for campaign. It would also be nice if we can store the screenshots and clips within the game itself like Halo 3, ODST and Reach. Hmm? Oh, and Halo 4. Almost forgot that one.