Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite radar

OP DeviantEvilJosh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Does anyone else feel like the radar is kinda busted. You can walk around the whole map without crouching and jump undetected until you sprint or shoot in my opinion that's pretty busted wondering what everyone's else's opinion is on this.

I'd also like to say this is really my only issue with the game everything else has been great. I haven't been looking forward to a halo game this much since reach and it seems extremely promising so far.
i kinda like it, yeah it makes people have to ping, but you can be extra sneakybeaky.
it's definitely a joke and makes the game highly annoying to play especially when your facing a squad.
So many times i came around a corner and a guy is straight up moving around while no appearing on radar and gets the jump on me.
Definitely busted by all means
Does anyone else feel like the radar is kinda busted. You can walk around the whole map without crouching and jump undetected until you sprint or shoot in my opinion that's pretty busted wondering what everyone's else's opinion is on this.
Not sure. but i've noticed whoever has hammer never appears.
it's definitely a joke and makes the game highly annoying to play especially when your facing a squad.
So many times i came around a corner and a guy is straight up moving around while no appearing on radar and gets the jump on me.
Definitely busted by all means
This has been a major issue for me making it almost unplayable when I face a squad.
This radar makes the Active Camo absolutely way too strong. I feel like this radar setting should have been kept to the HCS playlist stuff.
I agree, they NEED to revert it back to how it was. People not showing up unless they sprint/shoot is ridiculous.
Undecided. It works both ways.

But because I'm not accustomed to the maps, and I'm still acclimating to actually landing shots against humans I can't make a good call.
Normally under no radar Rules I do fine, but that is also after I've already dropped 100-200 hours in the game and know where people are and how spawns work.
I honestly stopped using it. I am not sure if it works through proximity like old games or when you fire like in COD. I just constantly look everywhere. I mostly get jumped if I am a zoomed-in or in another firefight.

x (x)
I preferred motion detector unless crouched. That was fair.
If the mods/admin are keeping count, i love the compromise of what it is now.
It didn’t bother me with bots but it was quite frustrating in PvP because no one really sprints, especially when you’re moving towards the enemy side. I had so many sneak ups deaths because of that. I’m so used to constantly checking my radar but it’s frustrating when you try and pay attention to it and it does nothing to help you if anything it hinders you because you’re wasting your time looking at the corner of the screen.
I preferred motion detector unless crouched. That was fair.
I agree. What real benefit does crouching have now…
i kinda like it, yeah it makes people have to ping, but you can be extra sneakybeaky.
Reverting the radar back to old doesn’t negate pinging. A ping can display an enemy location from anywhere on the map and it keeps your focus in the middle of the screen.

keeping the Radar how it is now DOES NEGATE a whole other feature in the game which is crouching.
Yeah I definitely agree the old radar system was way better. Without knowing spawns yet it's impossible to tell when the enemy spawns behind you. Since everyone just walks in PvP makes flanking causal players a huge issue.
It’s competitive go hard or go home
Nobody wants that in a SOCIAL playlist. You can have that all you want in
Ranked but then why change social? Like it makes so sense when most ranked or hardcore modes
remove radar. So why change something to make it more competitive when there is already a playlist for those
ppl??
The motion sensor absolutely needs to be re-examined. All my PVP matches devolved into corner camping for lunge backtaps pretty much. Equally as often you'll have no indicator an enemy is anywhere nearby until they start shooting you and even then it seems inconsistent if they'll appear on the sensor. It's especially bad when a spawn flip occurs.

Callout Ping Markers are not suitable substitutes because randoms in matchmaking most definitely cannot be relied on and Up D-Pad is just not something I want to have to press every 5 seconds.
Yes this needs to be addressed ita supporting camping, teaming to high extremes and breaks the pace of halo combat and there is this constant fear of someone going to randomly kill you with zero warning it needs to revert back to where it was, with it this way it punishes usingthe move set making us play halo 3 with no radar. The radar creates flow along aside the power weapon spawns
Nobody wants another super sweaty + unapproachable arena PVP mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3