Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo: INFINITE Realistically

OP THI5 GUYY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As any other fan I am HYPE for Halo Infinite, and I think its going to do very well. That being said it may not succeed....I’m not intentionally trying to be negative but I think it’s something we should prepare for. While I don’t think 343i are bad developers, I think quite the opposite actually, Halo 4, MCC, & 5 weren’t bad games they‘re solid games, but the problem is 343i hasn’t been able to put out a Halo product nearly as good as Bungie did (Bungie deserves a lot of criticism too, but that’s another story).

The Master Chief Collection by far may have been the worst. Contrary to popular belief I don’t think 343i screwed this game up because they didn’t care I believe they do care, but the MCC could’ve been one of the best games on the Xbox One....and also the worst. 5 Halo games with updated graphics and frame rate with all of the maps from each game and forge from each game and I don’t know how many campaign missions? That’s a slam dunk....until you jump into match making on launch day and not be able to find a single match and 6 months later still having the same problem. This game could’ve been one of the best Halo games EVER, all the game had to do was work. Yes campaign was still playable but still had bugs, and that doesn’t excuse the other half of that game not working. I hope the MCC can be revived because it’s a great game at its core, but it was infested with bug and issues at the time, and that killed it for a lot of people.

Halo: Infinite from what we’ve seen looks like its gonna be awesome, but we don’t know. I personally hope it brings it back up to where it should be on Xbox. Halo has been around for a while so its no surprise that there is a couple “bad” Halo game if you want to call them that. other franchises with longevity like that seem to go through rough patches so I’m hoping this is Halo’s rough patch and Infinite can be the return. Maybe with this new MCC update it will be pushed in the right direction but I’m not holding my breath.

Also put Reach on MCC
I digress
I'm in the same boat. There's no way that 343 recaptures the golden days, but maybe they'll finally produce a genuinely good game which works properly.
THI5 GUYY wrote:
As any other fan I am HYPE for Halo Infinite, and I think its going to do very well. That being said it may not succeed....
Why would you hype yourself up at this stage ? They have shown nothing, we've had an engine demo, that's it. It may do well, or it may not succeed, I agree with that but I won't get hyped until I know a lot more.

As for MCC, that has taken too long to fix and it's terrible to play, going back to Halo 3 on it is like treading water after playing Halo 5, or any other newer game, it's old and it feels very slow and very old.

I'm not too keen about them adding Halo Reach, it's playable on Xbox One and I want them to concentrate on Halo Infinite, enough time has been lost on Halo MCC and the new game engine imo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
eviltedi wrote:
THI5 GUYY wrote:
As any other fan I am HYPE for Halo Infinite, and I think its going to do very well. That being said it may not succeed....
Why would you hype yourself up at this stage ? They have shown nothing, we've had an engine demo, that's it. It may do well, or it may not succeed, I agree with that but I won't get hyped until I know a lot more.

As for MCC, that has taken too long to fix and it's terrible to play, going back to Halo 3 on it is like treading water after playing Halo 5, or any other newer game, it's old and it feels very slow and very old.

I'm not too keen about them adding Halo Reach, it's playable on Xbox One and I want them to concentrate on Halo Infinite, enough time has been lost on Halo MCC and the new game engine imo.
I do agree that enough time has been lost on MCC, and yes, the most loved halo game are quite old now but some games hold up pretty well especially when updated on a PC or a remaster on console. The games being old is also part of the experience in my opinion. Although most of the gaming market doesn’t care too much about remasters, I think was important for MCC to succeed on Xbox One considering its an Xbox One exclusive. Now I don’t believe that MCC was or will ever be the game that us Halo fans or 343i wanted it to be (obviously) but the game is great for some people who just want to play the campaigns (multiplayer is a different story) and if I’m not mistaking MCC’s price dropped dramatically shortly after launch and lets be honest, 4 campaigns for 20 bucks isn’t a bad deal. The problem is that most people who paid 60 bucks for a defective product on launch will always remember that game as a failure, and for good reason. There’s not a whole lot 343i can do to save it.

Weve only seen a demo, and who know if the game even will still be called “Halo: Infinite” when is releases (Like the cloaked Master Chief) but 3 things can be taken away from what we saw:
1. 343i is going back to more of a classic Halo art style
2. Halo: Infinite is coming to PC
3. 343i built completely new engine for this game

I don’t think its wrong to get excited about these things, we’ve been asking for Halo on PC and a more classic art style. A new engine I feel is something Halo needed. Halo: Reach and Halo4 looked great on xbox 360 for there time, but Halo 5 didn’t look as good as it should have on a newer console.
im 50/50 on the hype train, more on the pessimistic side.
Don’t get hyped for this game, be very skeptical. All we’ve seen is an engine demo, no gameplay or anything. Remember whose making the game after all, the same people who made 2 crappy COD clones and slapped the name Halo on the disc.
Don’t get hyped for this game, be very skeptical. All we’ve seen is an engine demo, no gameplay or anything. Remember whose making the game after all, the same people who made 2 crappy COD clones and slapped the name Halo on the disc.
I would say 4 was a cod clone but not 5
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
I'm hoping the poor sales of H5 compared to classic Halo games will show 343i that people want Halo back, not trend following Halo.
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
Halo 4 was a Call of Duty clone because it introduced kill streaks, hitmarkers, and customizable loadouts.
Halo 5 still has hitmarkers but let's be honest, every game has hitmarkers now so don't complain about it. Kill markers, however, I do not like. No more killstreaks or customizable loadouts. The only thing similar to cod is the advanced movement, but a lot of games have advanced movement. And Halo 5's advanced movement actually fits well within the established sandbox.
To me, it just seems you want to cause drama. You played a few games of Halo 5 and say "Reee, hitmarkers and sprint, Bungie would never have done such a thing"
eviltedi wrote:
THI5 GUYY wrote:

Most people thought they were leaving the game dead in the water, but at least they're going back and fixing it. Not many other developers would do that. MCC still has a player base and I for one am happy they're doing this and it gives me a little more respect for 343i after hating Halo 4/5 with a passion.

Yea, Reach doesn't need to be added in.
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
How? Spartan abilities? Overwatch has abilities too. Cod has loadouts but not halo.
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
Halo 4 was a Call of Duty clone because it introduced kill streaks, hitmarkers, and customizable loadouts.
Halo 5 still has hitmarkers but let's be honest, every game has hitmarkers now so don't complain about it. Kill markers, however, I do not like. No more killstreaks or customizable loadouts. The only thing similar to cod is the advanced movement, but a lot of games have advanced movement. And Halo 5's advanced movement actually fits well within the established sandbox.
To me, it just seems you want to cause drama. You played a few games of Halo 5 and say "Reee, hitmarkers and sprint, Bungie would never have done such a thing"
Sprint in reach + jet packs, armor lock etc.
eviltedi wrote:
THI5 GUYY wrote:

Nah I agree with you man, I don't think we need Reach in the MCC. I would like a 10 year Anniversary Reach game with upgraded graphics at this point.
THI5 GUYY wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
THI5 GUYY wrote:

The problem is that most people who paid 60 bucks for a defective product on launch will always remember that game as a failure, and for good reason. There’s not a whole lot 343i can do to save it.

Weve only seen a demo, and who know if the game even will still be called “Halo: Infinite” when is releases (Like the cloaked Master Chief) but 3 things can be taken away from what we saw:
1. 343i is going back to more of a classic Halo art style
2. Halo: Infinite is coming to PC
3. 343i built completely new engine for this game

I don’t think its wrong to get excited about these things, we’ve been asking for Halo on PC and a more classic art style. A new engine I feel is something Halo needed. Halo: Reach and Halo4 looked great on xbox 360 for there time, but Halo 5 didn’t look as good as it should have on a newer console.
I'm one the first day MCC buyers, I paid a lot of money for a game that was broken, I don't really know what they can do to improve old and dated games, a graphical overhaul is not enough when the game feels bad to play imo. I hope they do revive it, I'll try it out because I'm curious. I still feel it's time wasted though.

1) 343i do look like they're mixing old and new art styles, great I like that, but it's not enough to hype me up.
2) I'm happy for you that it's coming to pc, I have never asked for that and cannot get hyped about it.
3) Yes they built a new engine, but we know nothing more. Again, I can't get hyped.

I'll agree, I like what little we've seen, but until 343i give us details, there will be no hype from me. They have not exactly excelled with the franchise imo. They have a lot of work to do if they want my money this time, I'm not going to be as frivilous with my cash anymore.
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
Yes, I feel that most people conveniently forget that Halo: Reach introduced sprint not Halo 4. It was even considered all the way back in Halo 2 but was one of the many concepts that was cut.
Yes, I feel that most people conveniently forget that Halo: Reach introduced sprint not Halo 4. It was even considered all the way back in Halo 2 but was one of the many concepts that was cut.
Wow wow wow, wait a second there buddy. Nobody forgot nothing imho! It's just that sprint in H:R was not designed as a base mechanic - semething repeated many times on this very forums! :) As a summary:
Sprint in Reach was still broken thanks to loadouts, there is no doubt about it, but the implementation itself was equivalent of an equipment (AA =/= SA). As such level design and weapon balancing for the most part had to reflect this factor. Everything had to work without sprint as well. Not to mention the armor ability wasn't nearly as over-powered like it was in H4 or especially H5G.
Therefore personally I don't mind to see sprint making a comeback, but never again as a base mechanic. Plus it should be limited as a pick up equipment this time around. It would work fine in bigger mods like in some gigantic vehicle focused BTB/Warzone maps or in a class based mode like Invasion. In most 4v4 modes speed boost would do the job better though imho.
Halo 5 is a CoD clone.
Wow wow wow, wait a second there buddy. Nobody forgot nothing imho! It's just that sprint in H:R was not designed as a base mechanic - semething repeated many times on this very forums! :) As a summary:

Sprint in Reach was still broken thanks to loadouts, there is no doubt about it, but the implementation itself was equivalent of an equipment (AA =/= SA). As such level design and weapon balancing for the most part had to reflect this factor. Everything had to work without sprint as well. Not to mention the armor ability wasn't nearly as over-powered like it was in H4 or especially H5G.

Therefore personally I don't mind to see sprint making a comeback, but never again as a base mechanic. Plus it should be limited as a pick up equipment this time around. It would work fine in bigger mods like in some gigantic vehicle focused BTB/Warzone maps or in a class based mode like Invasion. In most 4v4 modes speed boost would do the job better though imho.
I think you swapped the quotes there.
I think you swapped the quotes there.
Yep, you're right. Sorry about that!^^'

I don't even know how I did it frankly! Anyway, corrected it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2