Halo: INFINITE Realistically

OP THI5 GUYY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think you swapped the quotes there.
Yep, you're right. Sorry about that!^^'

I don't even know how I did it frankly! Anyway, corrected it.
Don't worry about it.
Sprint in reach + jet packs, armor lock etc.
Yes, I feel that most people conveniently forget that Halo: Reach introduced sprint not Halo 4. It was even considered all the way back in Halo 2 but was one of the many concepts that was cut.
Wow wow wow, wait a second there buddy. Nobody forgot nothing imho! It's just that sprint in H:R was not designed as a base mechanic - semething repeated many times on this very forums! :) As a summary:
Sprint in Reach was still broken thanks to loadouts, there is no doubt about it, but the implementation itself was equivalent of an equipment (AA =/= SA). As such level design and weapon balancing for the most part had to reflect this factor. Everything had to work without sprint as well. Not to mention the armor ability wasn't nearly as over-powered like it was in H4 or especially H5G.
Therefore personally I don't mind to see sprint making a comeback, but never again as a base mechanic. Plus it should be limited as a pick up equipment this time around. It would work fine in bigger mods like in some gigantic vehicle focused BTB/Warzone maps or in a class based mode like Invasion. In most 4v4 modes speed boost would do the job better though imho.
While I respect your opinion, I disagree. Sprint is and will always be a part of Halo from now on. Let me put like this, as the maps get bigger and bigger as technology improves, it will make little sense for the player to just walk across a massive battlefield. Halo 3: ODST worked without sprint because it helped build up the atmosphere. (Sorry if this seems very not well put together. I just woke up and I just wanted to give my opinion.)
I think you swapped the quotes there.
Yep, you're right. Sorry about that!^^'

I don't even know how I did it frankly! Anyway, corrected it.
Its ok.

Back to the topic. I do think sprint should go for high bms.
And the map sizes should remain the same.
I'm in the same boat. There's no way that 343 recaptures the golden days, but maybe they'll finally produce a genuinely good game which works properly.
Could 343 make a better HALO game than Bungie? They could. But they will not accomplish this feat if their goal is to out Bungie Bungie.

They should be thankful Bungie created the IP and build on that work but they should not have a goal of beating Bungie or any other company. Reactionary game development never leads to a good product. Instead it should be, "Thank you Bungie. You created a wonderful universe. We will honor what you started. We got this. Stop by and visit, you are always welcome. Everyone else, strap yourself in."

They cannot set out to change HALO and make it their own. The fans have made that clear enough and 343 has said they have heard the message. Instead they have to make it more of what people love. Expanding without changing, improving without altering, growing without losing the past.

But they can reverse some disturbing trends. Pushing the multiplayer toward a snap shooting twitch response game (COD effect) is not HALO. It is great for eSports players but most HALO fans are not eSports players, do not watch eSports, nor do they care about it.

Sexualizing Cortana was another bad move. Somewhere along the line Cortana's design and character became about her digital thong and her breast size. I am enough of a sexual deviant that 30 seconds in my head you would throw yourself off of a building but HALO isn't the place for that. Cortana was designed by and from Dr. Halsey. And though she was built to evolve, she still has the mentality of Halsey in many ways. Halsey was and is a person that views the Spartans as her children. Cortana is a dangerous super intelligent AI that did inestimable damage to the Covenant War machine. But she was also a trouble-making smart alec pixie and that humorous vindictive you-do-not-know-who-you-are-messing-with side of her character was lost long before rampancy set in.

Sprinting can work and I am all for it. It is a part of the Spartan canon with Kelly being long renowned as the fastest of all Spartans. Posters above are correct. It does require balancing. And it requires allocation of time in the development tree to go toward such an effort. Though I would prefer a by the book implementation, perhaps the best choice is a compromise. Any time you are sprinting your shields drop by half. Either way the community needs to discuss this without screaming at one another if a good solution is to be ...Reach..ed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2