Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo: Infinite Release Date: Revisited - February

OP HaloBungie343I

I am a day late. But I want to continue my updates to my predictions to Halo: Infinite's release date.

Please read this whole post before responding. I will not respond to those that clearly did not read the whole thing.

As always:

NO LEAKS NOR FACTS WILL BE PRESENTED HERE. THESE ARE MY PREDICTIONS.

Original Thread (This thread will be referenced a few times. Please go here to see further detail.)

To start with, here are my predictions:

All Tuesdays and Thursdays in October AFTER (and including) October 14th. I say the 14th over the 12th due to Monday the 11th being Columbus Day and shipping companies in the US may be closed that day. So, the physical editions may not arrive before hand. Anything before that wouldn't truly feel like Fall 2021 and more of a random date.

I no longer believe November 11th to be the release date. It is Veterans Day and, unless I am mistaken, no Halo has launched on a Holiday before. None in the US at least. Therefore, I believe November 9th or 16th to be likely. With the 16th being the most likely.

I will continue to stand by my belief Halo: Infinite will NOT launch on November 15th, 2021. My Original Thread goes into full detail as to why this won't happen. But I will sum it up here.

No Halo game (side games included) have ever launched on ANY weekday or weekend other than a Tuesday or a Thursday. There is no reason for Halo to deviate from this. Bonnie Ross's Tweet is so vague, people are itching to link it to Infinite when I think it is merely acknowledging Halo: Combat Evolved's 20th Anniversary. I am more willing to believe Halo: Infinite will launch on the 9th and have an in-game event than on the 15th. 343 will want people playing MCC and Combat Evolved on November 15th. Which is why I believe November 16th is most likely for a November release. The release says "Fall 2021," not "Holiday 2021." October is more likely than November. For further detail, please read the Original Post. (Do not comment on that thread. It is older and I am pretty sure it would be violating rules for reviving old posts.)

Any objections? Any ideas? Anyone think they can add to this? If you think another date is possible, what do you think, and why?

(FYI: Simply saying I am wrong and Halo will launch on the 15th is unnecessary. Please give reasons why it will other than Bonnie Ross teased it or Halo: Infinite is the "Spiritual Successor" to Halo: Combat Evolved. I have heard these reasons too many times.)
Could be right, but I would not rule out a Friday release as more and more big titles are releasing closer to a weekend. This only seems to have started happening over the last five or so years so there has been no precedent set by Halo since this standard started. I think November 11/12 is the most likely release date. I personally prefer this to be the case, because I can get a solid 2-3 days with the game without having to take vacation days. This would also allow them to do some type of in-game Halo anniversary event. Makes more sense to do this after the game has released and to allow the base game to have a little bit of its own identity before special events start.
Could be right, but I would not rule out a Friday release as more and more big titles are releasing closer to a weekend. This only seems to have started happening over the last five or so years so there has been no precedent set by Halo since this standard started. I think November 11/12 is the most likely release date. I personally prefer this to be the case, because I can get a solid 2-3 days with the game without having to take vacation days.
I'll have to look into this a bit more if what you're saying is true and games started to release on Fridays. If that is true, I can make adjustments. I'll look into that throughout March to see if this may be a viable option.

Edit: After seeing 2021 releases across all platforms, PlayStation and Nintendo Exclusives as well as several ID games are appearing to be moving to Fridays and Sundays. However, Xbox Exclusives and AAA Third Party are maintaining a Thursday/Tuesday release. So, viable? Maybe. But I don't see it happening to Halo. Not yet anyway. Maybe Halo 7 in the 2032 Or a side Halo in the mid 2020s.
Yea I definitely agree with you that November 16th seems to be a likely date. However, the only reason 343 would want everyone to be playing MCC and specifically Combat Evolved on the 15th is if Infinite releases after that date, which would make the 16th the only viable release date in that case. It wouldn't make any sense at all for them to release the brand new game, but then push for people to play a 7 year old game after the new one is released. So, what I see as a possibility is a big anniversary event in MCC to hype people up on November 15th, and then Infinite is released the very next day, on the 16th like you predict as well. That seems like an awesome way to do it. Although again, I'll still stick to my November 15th prediction for now, mainly because the release of Infinite seems like the more obvious way to celebrate 20 years of Halo. The Inside Infinite update that was just released constantly talked again about how Infinite is the game that Combat Evolved was always meant to be, the whole spiritual reboot, yada yada, etc.
November 16...sticking to it!
I think the games coming in September. Content wise it's done, just needs polishing up (which seems to be going swimmingly) and a release just before November when game releases start going crazy seems like the smart thing to do to ensure maximum attention on the Halo brand.

Also September is earlier than November and I want to play it as soon as I can so let me dream thanks.
I think the games coming in September. Content wise it's done, just needs polishing up (which seems to be going swimmingly) and a release just before November when game releases start going crazy seems like the smart thing to do to ensure maximum attention on the Halo brand.

Also September is earlier than November and I want to play it as soon as I can so let me dream thanks.
The game isn't 100% content complete yet, but it's extremely close. IIRC they mentioned in the latest Inside Infinite that the game will be in the performance phase (which is play-testing and bug-fixing) within the next month or two. Plus, the flights are heavily speculated to be announced at E3, which is in June. So if the public flights are during the summer, a September release date isn't realistic at all.
Linking the release date to the delivery of physical editions is a stretch imo and cannot be used as an accurate guide to when the game will release. Many companies, especially Amazon guarantee next day delivery, and some next working day, and many ship early to account for public holidays.

Also, the biggest majority will probably get it digitally, either through pre order or game pass. It is possible they'll stick with traditional Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, but I'm sticking with Monday Nov 15th, possibly Friday Nov 12th. The norm is irrelevant this time, this is a special release. That's my opinion.

Edit : Just went through my recent delivered pre orders. Every single one except Cyberpunk arrived a day early or on the day, and that's during a global pandemic. Cyberpunk was a store pre order that had to be collected at my local GAME.

September feels more like Summer than Fall. Think about Labor Day. It is considered the last Holiday in Summer.

By all means though! You have the right to dream! I'm a realist. Not an optimist. Not a pessimist.

As they say:
An optimist says the glass is half full.
A pessimist says the glass is half empty.
A realist says the glass needs topped off.
I know many don't think it'll be 11/15 and you have a good argument to back it up. However, I think this is a special occasion and a way to push it. They would probably do some kind of montage over the last 20 years starting with the OG start-up screen and the OG Halo start screen... Then fast forward to the anniversary date. It would be odd to release it the day after the anniversary
11/15/2021 20 years of Halo, maybe is the release date of Halo Infinite
I still think that we will most likely see the upcoming Halo Infinite coming out on November 2021. I can see the new Halo video game coming out either on November 16th or November 17th.