Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite should not be in epic game store

OP AMA4N

After many pc games being on epic game store, halo infinite should not be at epic game store as its bad for the community. Halo MCC is confirmed to be at steam not at epic games which shows that Microsoft and 343 aren't greedy for money so good job 343.

Its also confirmed that Infinite will be at Microsoft store on pc, if halo infinite comes at steam that would be good like what mcc is doing.

Put your opinions about this here
Put it on both, as many stores as possible.
Keep it for Steam and windows store :)

I feel like that Epic games store is a helluva lot more sinister plot, in the storyline that is games on demand.
put it in all 3 if possible but it will probably be steam and windows store just like mcc
I don't see why Microsoft would even consider Epic Games store. For now they put MCC on Steam also but maybe in case of Infinite they might just put it on Microsoft store to get customers in their own storefront. Steam is the best atm for PC gamers but they take 20-30 percent cut from the developers. If Infinite is on Microsoft store they get all the money themselves.
i would say put it on both, but with epics exclusivity deals.... nah they dont get it
People's account in epic game store got exposed, well most of them, 343 and Microsoft also cares about pc gamers and community so they decided to do steam.
I'd be fine if it was only on the Microsoft store. If its on Steam that is fine. I'd prefer it avoid all others.
It could be on the Windows Store, Steam, GoG, the Epic Games Store and Origin, Uplay and Bethesda.net for all I care. Steam's defacto near monopoly on PC gaming is bad, Epic replacing it as a new defacto monopoly would be just as bad.

The Epic Store has problems to be sure, but Steam has had its own serious issues both past and present that people like to try and gloss over. Competition is ultimately better then having little to no choice, the whole industry that has far worse problems than people being inconvenienced by another PC game launcher.
WerepyreND wrote:
It could be on the Windows Store, Steam, GoG, the Epic Games Store and Origin, Uplay and Bethesda.net for all I care. Steam's defacto near monopoly on PC gaming is bad, Epic replacing it as a new defacto monopoly would be just as bad.

The Epic Store has problems to be sure, but Steam has had its own serious issues both past and present that people like to try and gloss over. Competition is ultimately better then having little to no choice, the whole industry that has far worse problems than people being inconvenienced by another PC game launcher.
I agree. Steam have had the monopoly for too long, competition is healthy. I see many players against the Epic store, and to some extent it's justified, Epic has less features, but that can change, and I'm sure they'll have a roadmap for the future. What I don't see is players telling steam to get the finger out, it's all well to bash Epic, but they give the developers and publishers a better deal, time for Steam to step up imo.

As for Halo Infinite, I would have it on every store possible. Let the stores fight it out to give the gamers the best deal. Also,,, here it comes and I've said this before, I would approach Sony and make Halo available digitally to Playstation players after a short timed exclusive on Xbox. The reason ? There are gamers that want the exclusives that simply cannot afford another console, another subscription and everything that goes with it.

Exclusivity has to go imo. Especially where consoles are concerned, I can afford the next Xbox, Playstation, Switch etc, but I'm lucky, I have a great job and I can afford it. I know many gamers that cannot. I think Microsoft and Sony are not doing themselves any favours with exclusives, I used to think it was ok, but it's not. If I had the ability to buy Playstation exclusives on Xbox six months after they dropped on PS4 I would.

Games in more stores is better, for everyone. Including Halo imo.
Put it on both, as many stores as possible.
^ This, though I would also add GoG to the list.
I'd be fine if it was only on the Microsoft store. If its on Steam that is fine. I'd prefer it avoid all others.
Why though? It's pretty much the worst store after U-Play right now.

- -

Personally I don't care too much as long as we can all play together. Steam overall is the best choice for us gamers because of functionality, but Epic has way better deals for editors, which means less investors headaches for the devs and maybe faster price drops on the long run. Also it's time that Valve got some old fashion competition! I was hoping for the Win10 Store a few years back when MS announced Play Anywhere, but it just has too many problems sadly. I hope Spencer's new team can relaunch it before Scarlet comes out, so we get the Epic Games Store, Steam and the Xbox App fighting it out!

And for those saying it's too much of a hassle having so many launchers, just drop your game quick links in a folder on your desktop and problem solved. You really can't compare having multiple software on the same machine over having to own three consoles. Common! You spend around a grant on hardware, build a tower, prepare a desk set-up, install the OS, graphic drivers and such, and than having to deal with more than one launcher is what is stopping you folks?! I'm not a fan of the Epic store either so far, but I really can't get behind the outrage - spying aside of course.
Why though? It's pretty much the worst store after U-Play right now.

- -

Personally I don't care too much as long as we can all play together. Steam overall is the best choice for us gamers because of functionality, but Epic has way better deals for editors, which means less investors headaches for the devs and maybe faster price drops on the long run. Also it's time that Valve got some old fashion competition! I was hoping for the Win10 Store a few years back when MS announced Play Anywhere, but it just has too many problems sadly. I hope Spencer's new team can relaunch it before Scarlet comes out, so we get the Epic Games Store, Steam and the Xbox App fighting it out!

And for those saying it's too much of a hassle having so many launchers, just drop your game quick links in a folder on your desktop and problem solved. You really can't compare having multiple software on the same machine over having to own three consoles. Common! You spend around a grant on hardware, build a tower, prepare a desk set-up, install the OS, graphic drivers and such, and than having to deal with more than one launcher is what is stopping you folks?! I'm not a fan of the Epic store either so far, but I really can't get behind the outrage - spying aside of course.
I'd be fine with it being in the MS store, because it is an MS game. Plus then the whole MS thing where if you buy for PC you can play on Xbox would probably come into effect.
I want it to be on steam