Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite Soundstrack

OP shinigami 7 T

What original scores would you want to make a comeback in the Halo Infinite Soundtrack? Bonus question: Halo 2 and 3 had bands perform a song for their games, would you want the same for Infinite? I don’t see it happening for multiple reasons, but yeah, it’d be awesome to have.
Itd be funny if incubus recorded more stuff for infinite
I'd like to see the return of:

-Never Forget
-This is the Hour(already seen in Infinite trailer)
-Ghosts and Glass
-Without a doubt the Halo Theme

Also, just the return of piano, symphony, choir, and brass. Synth, in my opinion, should be used for when the player is in action or great for flood.
I'd like to see the return of:

-Never Forget-This is the Hour(already seen in Infinite trailer)
-Ghosts and Glass-Without a doubt the Halo Theme

Also, just the return of piano, symphony, choir, and brass. Synth, in my opinion, should be used for when the player is in action or great for flood.
Bloody forgot to mention, Hard Price Paid, and Peril.
Synth, in my opinion, should be used for when the player is in action or great for flood.
The Halo CE soundtrack disagrees with you.

If you forgot to say something in your previous post, you should edit it rather than quoting it or making a new post.
tsassi wrote:
Synth, in my opinion, should be used for when the player is in action or great for flood.

If you forgot to say something in your previous post, you should edit it rather than quoting it or making a new post.
That brings up a point, at which I don't like some of the tracks from CE. I feel like they didn't have the money and tools to have a whole band and orchestra for their first installment. Also, you bring up that I should edit a post rather than quoting myself; I don't know if you're being condescending or not, but I'm going to take it as constructive criticism. Thanks.
tsassi wrote:

That brings up a point, at which I don't like some of the tracks from CE. I feel like they didn't have the money and tools to have a whole band and orchestra for their first installment. Also, you bring up that I should edit a post rather than quoting myself; I don't know if you're being condescending or not, but I'm going to take it as constructive criticism. Thanks.
Some of the CE tracks are definitely done with an orchestra, so I don't know how much of financial constraints is true. But I don't think you should disregard an instrument just because it's possible to do something more expensive. Music is about using what works to get an interesting sound that fits the tone being conveyed. You shouldn't dismiss any instrument outright. As far as I'm concerned, some of the more interesting tracks on the Halo soundtracks are the ones that don't just rely on the standard orchestral arrangement in a world where that's literally what everybody with a big enough budget does. Even the Halo 5 sountrack might have been less boring had they eased up on the orchestra just a bit every now and then. But going back to the soundtrack of Halo CE, come on, I refuse to believe that anybody could not like Under Cover of Night.

Also, telling people to avoid double posting is part of our duties on the forums as moderators. It's nothing personal.
Quote:
But going back to the soundtrack of Halo CE, come on, I refuse to believe that anybody could not like Under Cover of Night.
Yep, Under Cover of Night is really good!

-Never Forget-Without a doubt the Halo Theme
I legitimately cannot disagree with these two!
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:

Some of the CE tracks are definitely done with an orchestra, so I don't know how much of financial constraints is true. But I don't think you should disregard an instrument just because it's possible to do something more expensive. Music is about using what works to get an interesting sound that fits the tone being conveyed. You shouldn't dismiss any instrument outright. As far as I'm concerned, some of the more interesting tracks on the Halo soundtracks are the ones that don't just rely on the standard orchestral arrangement in a world where that's literally what everybody with a big enough budget does. Even the Halo 5 sountrack might have been less boring had they eased up on the orchestra just a bit every now and then. But going back to the soundtrack of Halo CE, come on, I refuse to believe that anybody could not like Under Cover of Night.

Also, telling people to avoid double posting is part of our duties on the forums as moderators. It's nothing personal.
Well the instruments that were extremely prevalent in the Halo 5 soundtrack were brass instruments. Very loud and blaring, and it was hard to grasp the tone and feeling that the tracks produced without just hearing blaring trumpets in your ear. Also, when I mean too much synth, I refer mostly to Halo 4’s soundtrack. In that, it’s also hard to feel the symphony because there’s just too much. It doesn’t complement it, it just plays over it, in my opinion. Also, I’m just crazy. I don’t like the majority of CE soundtracks cause it just doesn’t feel real to me. Just personal preference.
Well the instruments that were extremely prevalent in the Halo 5 soundtrack were brass instruments. Very loud and blaring, and it was hard to grasp the tone and feeling that the tracks produced without just hearing blaring trumpets in your ear. Also, when I mean too much synth, I refer mostly to Halo 4’s soundtrack. In that, it’s also hard to feel the symphony because there’s just too much. It doesn’t complement it, it just plays over it, in my opinion. Also, I’m just crazy. I don’t like the majority of CE soundtracks cause it just doesn’t feel real to me. Just personal preference.
It's not just the brass, but the fact that Halo 5 has to shove an orchestra to every part of the soundtrack, even ones where it clearly doesn't belong. Take Warrior World for example: you start with this beautiful exotic flute and then you get the acoustic guitar to give this really nice unique sound, but then the orchestra slowly starts coming in and sooner than you realize you're in this weird middle section that sounds literally the same as any other part of the soundtrack and the whole feel of the track is lost. It's just completely out of place. Or take the very next track: Covenant Prayers. It starts with this really cool chant: no instruments, just the chant. But then, instead of letting this chant develop to some interesting direction by itself, it again slowly gets overpowered by the same old orchestra and becomes completely boring and unremarkable by the end of it. It's all just so bizarre and infuriating, almost as if there was someone not letting the compositions through until at least half of it sounded really generic.

When it comes to synths, there's just so many ways to do it. I'm not the greatest fan of Halo 4's style. But even there I somewhat wish there were a bit more tracks that weren't so orchestra heavy and did a bit more with the electronic music just to get some more variation. And I do have to commend Neil for at least trying to do something interesting, even if it doesn't happen to be my cup of tea.

Of course, it's all just preference. I can't force you to like electronic sounds. But personally I've always appreciated variation and interesting styles and instruments in the Halo soundtracks. I of course like to all te usual stuff everybody likes like the various renditions of the main theme, Peril, Ghosts of Reach, On a Pale Horse and whatnot, but I also love all the more unusual stuff like Alien Corridors and Ancient Machine. I think having all kinds of different stuff really breathes some color and depth to the soundtracks. That's why I abhor the idea of dismissing any instrument off the bat and going with something safe and familiar. In fact, from my perspective, if you just go with something safe and familiar, you get the Halo 5 soundtrack.
tsassi wrote:
It's not just the brass, but the fact that Halo 5 has to shove an orchestra to every part of the soundtrack, even ones where it clearly doesn't belong. Take Warrior World for example: you start with this beautiful exotic flute and then you get the acoustic guitar to give this really nice unique sound, but then the orchestra slowly starts coming in and sooner than you realize you're in this weird middle section that sounds literally the same as any other part of the soundtrack and the whole feel of the track is lost. It's just completely out of place. Or take the very next track: Covenant Prayers. It starts with this really cool chant: no instruments, just the chant. But then, instead of letting this chant develop to some interesting direction by itself, it again slowly gets overpowered by the same old orchestra and becomes completely boring and unremarkable by the end of it. It's all just so bizarre and infuriating, almost as if there was someone not letting the compositions through until at least half of it sounded really generic.

When it comes to synths, there's just so many ways to do it. I'm not the greatest fan of Halo 4's style. But even there I somewhat wish there were a bit more tracks that weren't so orchestra heavy and did a bit more with the electronic music just to get some more variation. And I do have to commend Neil for at least trying to do something interesting, even if it doesn't happen to be my cup of tea.

Of course, it's all just preference. I can't force you to like electronic sounds. But personally I've always appreciated variation and interesting styles and instruments in the Halo soundtracks. I of course like to all te usual stuff everybody likes like the various renditions of the main theme, Peril, Ghosts of Reach, On a Pale Horse and whatnot, but I also love all the more unusual stuff like Alien Corridors and Ancient Machine. I think having all kinds of different stuff really breathes some color and depth to the soundtracks. That's why I abhor the idea of dismissing any instrument off the bat and going with something safe and familiar. In fact, from my perspective, if you just go with something safe and familiar, you get the Halo 5 soundtrack.
I agree completely. While the style that Halo Infinite will have should deviate from the original style, I do think there should be classics in there; music is something that Halo’s foundation is built upon and remembered by. Halo Reach is a great example of how Marty created a Halo classic game, while having its own unique style and sound. It’s not always what instruments you use, or whether it has synth or not, it’s about if it’s a great classic soundtrack or not. Halo 5 didn’t have a style. It sounded like a regular game track that tried to replicate the original Halo formula; this doesn’t work.