Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite: Spartan Company Hub

OP Mr Aether X

I think that Halo Infinite should have an ingame spartan company hub/UI. The idea here is that a company owner can manage their company from within the game and not have to constantly use Halowaypoint. I think that Halo waypoint would still be necessary for certain aspects of spartan companies, but I atleast think that there need to be something more, ingame, for the companies besides just a roster (Halo 5).

I think that 343 could implement a spartan company hub/UI and make it to where a company leader/lieutenant can at least invite people to the company from within the game and that the person who has been invited will see the invite pop up on their screen or some message hub. There are plenty of other games that have this feature built in to them. (Apex Legends/Destiny 2). There could also be an ingame chat feature in the spartan company hub.

I think that this feature would be a very user friendly way to get more people active in spartan companies and in the halo community in general.
Can Elites join the hub please? 👁👄👁

Anyways, I think that's a fun idea, but I would want to feel free well playing around in a hub. For instance, I detest the guns down approch we had in a few of the Halo 5 levels, so I'd prefer to run around shooting anything in the hub I want.
sniper945 wrote:
Can Elites join the hub please? 👁👄👁

Anyways, I think that's a fun idea, but I would want to feel free well playing around in a hub. For instance, I detest the guns down approch we had in a few of the Halo 5 levels, so I'd prefer to run around shooting anything in the hub I want.
When I say hub, im not talking about a physical place for you to go with your spartan and "hang out". All I am talking about is a UI spartan company tab that is alot more detailed and can be used in game. Halo 5 only had a company tab with just the roster of who is in the company.
I'd dig this, it would mean more implimentation to make clans and communities come together. This would also eliminate or atleast "soften" relying on third-party applications to set up teams or just game days and training. I'd like them to also maybe rebrand "Spartan Companies" into something more inclusive for other species too I guess, or generalization. I'm still hoping but I really need Infinite to include Sangheili, even Jiralhanae clans exist and with the amount of players I've encountered that run Banished groups or even Covenant themed groups I'd imagine that'd just be some sweet icing on the cake. Plus, it's still neat to know that people even have roles as marines or ODST and carry that on to the way they interact in custom game multiplayer, something beyond just companies of Spartans.
I’m 100% in agreement with this.
Spartan Companies being held back to waypoint gave a weird disconnect to most players.

It’d be awesome to see companies be in game. It would help boom the community and connect players.
I think of it similarly to Destiny 2’s Clan system in game. You can see and manage players from in the game. It’s simple and I’d love to have that in Infinite.
Absolutely. It was nice when they added the spartan company to the roster, but that certainly didn't really have much applicability. Having some real functionality to the spartan company in game would be great. Even showing the service record the way they do here on waypoint would be awesome to see. I'd hope they were leaning that direction after seeing the interest in that in Halo 5.
Yes please I want to be able to invite/receive invites in game. Going into waypoint was so annoying. Would also be cool to have a LFG feature and some sort of news feed type system where you can send company wide messages. There was such a disconnect between in game and waypoint it made it so much harder to coordinate anything because I know a lot of people don't frequent waypoint.
Good idea, adding members in-game would be much easier.
Yes please I want to be able to invite/receive invites in game. Going into waypoint was so annoying. Would also be cool to have a LFG feature and some sort of news feed type system where you can send company wide messages. There was such a disconnect between in game and waypoint it made it so much harder to coordinate anything because I know a lot of people don't frequent waypoint.
I fully agree! Being the owner of a spartan company is tough work in the beginning. Recruiting players to make the company active and keep it active is the hardest part. I send out messages to people without companies after a lot of matches and see if they would like to join. I find that I have to explain to them how they are able to join through Halo waypoint. It would seem that a lot of people are not in the loop with Halo waypoint. So having in-game spartan company recruitment would be huge. I think that it would definitely help Halo Infinite in the long run.
I fully agree! Being the owner of a spartan company is tough work in the beginning. Recruiting players to make the company active and keep it active is the hardest part. I send out messages to people without companies after a lot of matches and see if they would like to join. I find that I have to explain to them how they are able to join through Halo waypoint. It would seem that a lot of people are not in the loop with Halo waypoint. So having in-game spartan company recruitment would be huge. I think that it would definitely help Halo Infinite in the long run.
Exactly, I'm sure the majority of people who play H5 didn't even know waypoint existed. It just makes everything a hassle. Would just be so convenient to have more in game control.