Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite SR 152 Reward

OP Plasma Fool 09

Heya! So I've been keeping up with everything Halo Infinite related and I've been trying to pick up all the in game things with Armor coatings, Skins for guns and vehicles, and all the promotional stuff with monster and other things.
I also recently got to Rank SR 152 on Halo 5! I know there are rewards for reaching the rank like the Watchdog armor coating and weapon skins, but is there anything else we know that comes with the reward or is that it? I'm hopping there's like an emblem or something that I can show off in Halo Infinite.
If anyone knows anything just let me know! I appreciate it!
They havent confirmed anything else besides the armor + weapon coatings for the SR152 rewards. Congrats on the 152 by the way!
Heya! So I've been keeping up with everything Halo Infinite related and I've been trying to pick up all the in game things with Armor coatings, Skins for guns and vehicles, and all the promotional stuff with monster and other things.
I also recently got to Rank SR 152 on Halo 5! I know there are rewards for reaching the rank like the Watchdog armor coating and weapon skins, but is there anything else we know that comes with the reward or is that it? I'm hopping there's like an emblem or something that I can show off in Halo Infinite.
In one of the older Inside Infinite blogs (December 2020i think) they showed off the Watchdog Armour & Weapon Coatings. That’s the confirmed rewards for now. However, I do believe they also teased that there may be more rewards for players who reach SR152 in Halo 5 - we just do not know what those items are yet.
If I had to guess the it’s going to be a Nameplate, Player Emblem, Emblem, Vehicle Coating and/or Weapon Charm (all things we know will be in infinite
TheDonCJG wrote:
In one of the older Inside Infinite blogs (December 2020i think) they showed off the Watchdog Armour & Weapon Coatings. That’s the confirmed rewards for now. However, I do believe they also teased that there may be more rewards for players who reach SR152 in Halo 5 - we just do not know what those items are yet.
If I had to guess the it’s going to be a Nameplate, Player Emblem, Emblem, Vehicle Coating and/or Weapon Charm (all things we know will be in infinite
My curiousity is if we'll still be able to receive them after infinite's launch.
Cause im SR 136, but I only have the summer to grind, but dont have 12 hrs a day to grind 44 million xp ;u;
My curiousity is if we'll still be able to receive them after infinite's launch.
Cause im SR 136, but I only have the summer to grind, but dont have 12 hrs a day to grind 44 million xp ;u;
I don't think it's entirely clear.

But keep in mind that Halo 5's population will (hopefully) plummet when Infinite comes out. It may not be easy to get enjoyable games after September.
When they unveiled Watchdog coatings, they also said that the coatings were only part of the reward. So yes, there will be more for us waiting, maybe we'll get to see it during E3?
When they unveiled Watchdog coatings, they also said that the coatings were only part of the reward. So yes, there will be more for us waiting, maybe we'll get to see it during E3?
Your best chance is Halo Insider later this year. I doubt they would use valuable E3 time to show off a reward for a relatively small group of (albeit dedicated) fans. Especially something that won't be available for the average punter on the street.
Darwi wrote:

But keep in mind that Halo 5's population will (hopefully) plummet when Infinite comes out. It may not be easy to get enjoyable games after September.
There's 3 schools of thought here:

1. Bonnie Ross did use the phrase 'before launch' when she first mentioned the 'token of appreciation'. That could easily have been a misspeak/they may not have made their mind up then. This would make sense on the basis that they don't want to dilute Infinite's population and by release players will have had over 6 years to earn max rank. The logic here is also one of 'a token of appreciation for Halo 5's most engaged players' which again would make sense to limit it.
  2. Despite the above logic, there's also a school of thought that encouraging a feeding frenzy in the next few months isn't a good idea as it may dilute MCC (already suffering from small MM numbers in places) and may not be responsible in terms of burning players out. Halo 5 will naturally be forgotten in time and by not limiting the time many players may plan to go back and get it but never do so.
  3. Hybrid between the two (worst of both for me): there's a time limit but it's set up to one year post-launch to give people more time to earn it, but also give a hard end date for support.
I'm aiming to hit 152 this month in either case to be sure. I honestly don't mind between option 1 and 2 and see the positives of both. Capping it at launch would be a nice touch for those like me who have stuck with Halo 5 even in its fallow years before the 152 reward was a thing but it's not something I require
Darwi wrote:
Your best chance is Halo Insider later this year. I doubt they would use valuable E3 time to show off a reward for a relatively small group of (albeit dedicated) fans. Especially something that won't be available for the average punter on the street.
I was thinking something subtle, like showing it in a gameplay trailer and then later revealing that's the surprise. But 100% you are correct
SDdawg wrote:
They havent confirmed anything else besides the armor + weapon coatings for the SR152 rewards. Congrats on the 152 by the way!
Thank you so much!! It was a lot of hard work but I'm proud to be here!!
TheDonCJG wrote:
That sounds awesome!! I hope you're right about that and I can't wait to get my hands on Halo Infinite!!
Darwi wrote:
Idk if they’d be available during flights though. On the other hand they’re leaning into the customisation a lot in the trailers and in offical statements so I suppose they would also want to show off some pre-release handywork, eh?
I wasn't able to play for a few years, picked it back up 2 years ago and it sucks I'm not gonna get to 152. I'm just trying to get my 5 posts lol
MorseyBaby wrote:
Darwi wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Darwi wrote:

There's 3 schools of thought here:

1. Bonnie Ross did use the phrase 'before launch' when she first mentioned the 'token of appreciation'. That could easily have been a misspeak/they may not have made their mind up then. This would make sense on the basis that they don't want to dilute Infinite's population and by release players will have had over 6 years to earn max rank. The logic here is also one of 'a token of appreciation for Halo 5's most engaged players' which again would make sense to limit it.
  2. Despite the above logic, there's also a school of thought that encouraging a feeding frenzy in the next few months isn't a good idea as it may dilute MCC (already suffering from small MM numbers in places) and may not be responsible in terms of burning players out. Halo 5 will naturally be forgotten in time and by not limiting the time many players may plan to go back and get it but never do so.
  3. Hybrid between the two (worst of both for me): there's a time limit but it's set up to one year post-launch to give people more time to earn it, but also give a hard end date for support.
I'm aiming to hit 152 this month in either case to be sure. I honestly don't mind between option 1 and 2 and see the positives of both. Capping it at launch would be a nice touch for those like me who have stuck with Halo 5 even in its fallow years before the 152 reward was a thing but it's not something I require
That's some goo logic! I think the last option would be nice but I do agree that the people who really worked to get that rank before launch should be recognized and be shown in Halo Infinite. I'm conflicted with wanting everyone to have equal opportunities to get everything but at the same time, reward those players who go above and beyond and add special meaning to certain customization things. Also congrats on almost being 152!! I hope you get there soon!!