Halo Infinite: The New Golden Age?

OP Deaths Shadow74

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
If you ask most veteran Halo players when the peak Golden Age of Halo was, most of us would say the Halo 3/ Halo Reach era held most of our dearest memories. Games were widely loved and very popular, Xbox Live was still relatively fresh, splitscreen players were left and right in every match, kids and younger folk dominated the lobbies, community creation and machinima was our bread and water. Since then, the majority of Halo vets have moved on to other franchises, grown up but still reminiscing of the old Xbox 360 days of coming home after school and playing some Halo with our old online friends. But as we all know, those days are all gone, even with MCC doing as well as it is. Don't get me wrong, it really makes me happy to see so many new players in Halo now that it's coming to PC, but it just doesn't feel the same and i'm sure you all agree.
Now, most of that "it's not like it used to be" comes from nostalgia and the fact that us Halo vets are grown up now, so for us it literally is not the same. But there may yet be a new Golden Age approaching. Halo Infinite is geared and marketed towards new players, not existing Halo fans but the new young kids, the next generation of Spartans if you will. With Halo Infinite's new and easy to learn story, splitscreen capabilities, new young kids playing Halo with their friends for the first time, I hope that things like community creations and machinima make a return. Kids can watch their favorite Youtubers and Streamers play this game they've never heard of, and I genuinely hope that new players across the board on Xbox and PC will fall in love with Halo just like we did all those years ago.

No doubt the new players will outnumber the current community, but we'll still be here, playing, watching, fighting, just like always. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think Halo Infinite could be a new golden age for the next generation of Halo fans? Are the best days of Halo behind us or are we just getting started?
I would add in Halo 2 into the mix of the "Golden Age," with the peak being H2/H3. I do agree that Infinite is geared to newer players, they definitely outnumber the veterans, but one key thing I see is that if 343 doesn't do well with the initial launch it could truly hamper their long plan for the series.
MAX2107 wrote:
I would add in Halo 2 into the mix of the "Golden Age," with the peak being H2/H3. I do agree that Infinite is geared to newer players, they definitely outnumber the veterans, but one key thing I see is that if 343 doesn't do well with the initial launch it could truly hamper their long plan for the series.
That's very true. I hope that since they've delayed, we'll get more news, trailers, and I'm hoping we can get some streamers and such to hop on the Infinite flighting too.
Halo 2 was the golden age because that's when Halo was the most popular shooter on the market and made up the majority of the Xbox Live playerbase on one single game. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular shooter of 2007 and 2008. COD4's numbers on Xbox Live, back when they used to list top ten active games, was always higher.
Halo 2 was the golden age because that's when Halo was the most popular shooter on the market and made up the majority of the Xbox Live playerbase on one single game. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular shooter of 2007 and 2008. COD4's numbers on Xbox Live, back when they used to list top ten active games, was always higher.
Popularity doesn't mean jack all you know, Quality > Quantity
Popularity doesn't mean jack all you know, Quality > Quantity
Halo 2 is infinitely superior to Halo 3. The Golden Age was Halo 2 and Halo 3 is dog **** by comparison. Does that help?
Here’s the real question:

would you rather have 100 Spartans 2’s or 1000 Spartan 4’s?

we all know who still runs halo 😎
The golden age of Halo was Halo 2-3, while Reach marked the decline of Halo.

Halo vets will always be the lifeblood of the franchise, of course. From a business standpoint though, it would make sense to appease old fans while recruiting some new ones at the same time.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Very true. Let's hope Infinite can do for new people what Halo 2-3 did for us.

Halo vets will always be the lifeblood of the franchise, of course. From a business standpoint though, it would make sense to appease old fans while recruiting some new ones at the same time.
Agree 100%...we will be outnumbered in Infinite but that’ll be good thing
The fact that this has turned into an argument over Halos golden age is sad. Infinite will mark an important point in Halo. And it truly depends on ppls moods and opinion (not 343) whether infinite will prevail
The fact that this has turned into an argument over Halos golden age is sad. Infinite will mark an important point in Halo. And it truly depends on ppls moods and opinion (not 343) whether infinite will prevail
That's one thing that worries me sometimes, regarding the community at times. The fanbase's reaction to the game, the largely negative feedback is dangerous for the franchise. Of course they all have good points, but it's always good for us to talk about the positive too. Like, the sick new armor and graphics we've seen, the map aesthetic, the return of Brutes, the crossplay incorporation of Halo, the millions of new Halo fans coming to the game, customization possibilities, and most importantly the live-service nature of the game. It's beautiful but nobody talks about this stuff really. If anything, new Halo fans will be what saves the game, alot of the old fans are starting to do more harm than good as far as supporting the game and it's community goes, if you know what I mean.
That's one thing that worries me sometimes, regarding the community at times. The fanbase's reaction to the game, the largely negative feedback is dangerous for the franchise. Of course they all have good points, but it's always good for us to talk about the positive too. Like, the sick new armor and graphics we've seen, the map aesthetic, the return of Brutes, the crossplay incorporation of Halo, the millions of new Halo fans coming to the game, customization possibilities, and most importantly the live-service nature of the game. It's beautiful but nobody talks about this stuff really. If anything, new Halo fans will be what saves the game, alot of the old fans are starting to do more harm than good as far as supporting the game and it's community goes, if you know what I mean.
Yes and this toxic fan base is not helping 343 or the fan base. It is a real shame as 343 is only being told what does not work not what does.
Yes and this toxic fan base is not helping 343 or the fan base. It is a real shame as 343 is only being told what does not work not what does.
Absolutely. Despite that, Halo Infinite still looks like it's gonna be amazing. I can't wait to see what kind of new modes and weapons and vehicles we get, not just at launch but afterwards too. The possibilities are...Infinite.
Absolutely. Despite that, Halo Infinite still looks like it's gonna be amazing. I can't wait to see what kind of new modes and weapons and vehicles we get, not just at launch but afterwards too. The possibilities are...Infinite.
And with a few open minded fans the game can really flourish
Halo 2 was the golden age for me due to its popularity & the 1st Halo game to have Online Multiplayer
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Certainly can, though I think the most important goal for Halo at this point is to establish a solid foundation, which is a must considering the ten-year Infinite model. Each title since Halo 3 has been so jarringly different that fans don't know what to expect next.
I really hope that Halo Infinite ushers in the next golden age for the Halo community, although, I must say if it doesn't then to me that doesn't matter. I still had and have an absolute blast on multiplayer with my friends and company mates and Halo 5 certainly wasn't a 'golden age' Halo. So, although it would be amazing I'll be happy with a multiplayer that promotes long term playing, company integration including progression and long term support.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Certainly can, though I think the most important goal for Halo at this point is to establish a solid foundation, which is a must considering the ten-year Infinite model. Each title since Halo 3 has been so jarringly different that fans don't know what to expect next.
One of the good points about Infinite is it's inclusion of aspects and pieces from most earlier Halo games. It's a perfect blend of everything good. Like a fruit cocktail..or something. I mean, it's hard to make any super solid judgement of the game and it's gameplay because we've seen next to nothing, but based on what i've heard, it sounds like it's gonna be incredible.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4