Halo Infinite: The New Golden Age?

OP Deaths Shadow74

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I've seen enough awful (or ancient) games come back from the dead now, that I agree, I think we're about to see a new Golden age of Halo.

If Infinite can nail these 3 things, it'll have a great and consistent player base for years to come.

1. Fun gameplay with very few to no bugs.
2. Consistent and engaging stream of unlockable content.
3. Effective anti cheat.
- Not having to deal with hackers is literally why I stopped playing PC games. If I have to deal with cheaters because of cross play, I'm going to be very upset.

Sticking with H5 through the end of its content and experiencing 343's live service approach with MCC make me believe we're going to have an awesome time with Infinite. Especially if the gameplay falls somewhere in the middle of H3 and H5 like I'm hoping it will.
343's live service approach? by removing over 70% of the game's content and then reselling it to us as DLC? removing BTB so they can bring in their cheap knockoff Warzone?

Also I wouldn't advice being grateful for the MCC content, nobody asked for it and 343 is only doing it to buy time for Infinite ( the games aren't even fully fixed! ) if 343 had just released MCC as an actual working product it would be decently popular today and would require little extra content aside from playlist rotations and a customs browser
Look, I get that 343 should have had more game modes at H5's launch. And I super agree that things like H5 BTB having only forge maps to this day is ridiculous.

But saying that H5 didn't receive a steady stream of content for almost two years, and complaining that MCC is getting "new content that no one asked for" is just such an entitled mindset I don't even know how to converse with you about it.

Can't people just be happy that we're getting new content in games that are 10+ years old, and a guarantee of steady new content in Infinite?

We could be living in a world where MCC is dead in the water, and the only way to play MP is only H5 or backwards compatibility of each individual old title. We wouldn't have HCE or H2 online MP, we wouldn't have Halo on the PC, and we would soon not even be able to connect to old Halo titles MP servers. Show some darn appreciation for goodness sakes.Edit: Reselling 70% of content? H5 and MCC's added content were all free, aside from the Reach and ODST add-on's for MCC technically I guess.
H5 received no new content, only removed content like infection and BTB. And MCC wouldn't be dead in the water if they actually launched it correctly but y'know gotta give em brownie points for doing the bare minimum.
Please stop posting excessively stupid hyperbole. You not liking the content 343 put out doesn't mean they didn't put out content.

New maps,
New modes,
New armors,
New weapon skins,
New req weapons,
New load out weapons,
New vehicles,
New emblems,
New announcer voices,
New arena playlists,
Custom games browser

And it's not like there was a small amount of each of those items listed either. Just admit you're wrong and be quiet.

To go back to the original topic, I still stand by the statement that Infinite having fun gameplay and a steady stream of new content is going to do exactly what the OP said, and start a new golden age of Halo.
Here’s the real question:

would you rather have 100 Spartans 2’s or 1000 Spartan 4’s?

we all know who still runs halo 😎
Halo vets will always be the lifeblood of the franchise, of course. From a business standpoint though, it would make sense to appease old fans while recruiting some new ones at the same time.
Agree 100%...we will be outnumbered in Infinite but that’ll be good thing
Yeah... more noobs to kill!
I hope this Golden Age of yours is coming.
Halo 2 was the golden age because that's when Halo was the most popular shooter on the market and made up the majority of the Xbox Live playerbase on one single game. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular shooter of 2007 and 2008. COD4's numbers on Xbox Live, back when they used to list top ten active games, was always higher.
Popularity doesn't mean jack all you know, Quality > Quantity
Halo 2 is infinitely superior to Halo 3. The Golden Age was Halo 2 and Halo 3 is dog **** by comparison. Does that help?
If we’re looking popularity wise and impact on the gaming landscape as a whole, Halo 3 outclasses Halo 2 by a decent margin. Halo 2 is an amazing game but it just didn’t quite have the impact on the genre that Halo 1 & 3 had. (Also, if you’re trolling with your description of Halo 3, that’s a gaming hot take if I’ve ever seen one.)
BS. Halo 2 made up the majority of Xbox Live. Halo 3 never did the same. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular online shooter, much less online game, that year. Halo 2 brought forth MatchMaking which outclasses and has greater impact on the gaming industry as a whole, both good and bad, than anything Halo 3 added. Call of Duty 4 added a progression system that again has become the standard amongst most online gaming. Oh, and sprinting and ADSing as standards to the genre, both of which even Halo adopted. What thing did Halo 3 add that all of online gaming immediately adopt?

Take it from someone who was actually there and old enough to remember gaming before Halo 3; Halo 2 made a far bigger impact in how games were played and in terms of being the game everyone played. Halo 3 was never the game everyone played; that was Call of Duty 4. Halo 2 was synonymous with Xbox Live between November 2004 and September 2007 as the most popular game on the service. Halo 3 lasted all of a couple months until COD4 was released. There is nothing from Halo 3 that was adopted in the same stratosphere as MatchMaking has been, which immediately became the defacto standard for all games in all genres that have online capabilities. This isn't even up for debate.
Player count and overall opinion in the community says otherwise.
This community isn't the community that was on Bnet. Also player count for Halo 3 was dependent on the quality of Halo 2. It's the sins of the father, if you understand that reference.
It's cool though, each to their own. I'm just old enough to experience them without having them associated with any firsts. My opinion is less ruled by nostalgia. I would have to go back to the SNES and N64 for that.
Using that logic, we could also say that Halo 2's quality is based on the success of Halo: CE. On another note, I don't really see what trends Halo 2 set in gaming. Anything Halo 2 did is something that was gonna happen anyways. I don't know how people felt back then but Halo 3 had a lot more players. Everyone's allowed to like the games they want though. Halo 2 just didn't do much for me. Halo 2 Anniversary on the other hand? Probably one of my favorite Halo experiences. For its time, Halo 2 was amazing but it just doesn't beat Halo 3 popularity wise. According to statistics like copies sold for example, Halo 3 was just....better? (I might be pushing it) To reiterate, I mean no disrespect to your personal tastes, i'm just trying to discuss facts that say Halo 3 was more well received.
Halo 2 was the golden age because that's when Halo was the most popular shooter on the market and made up the majority of the Xbox Live playerbase on one single game. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular shooter of 2007 and 2008. COD4's numbers on Xbox Live, back when they used to list top ten active games, was always higher.
Halo 2 is infinitely superior to Halo 3. The Golden Age was Halo 2 and Halo 3 is dog **** by comparison. Does that help?
If we’re looking popularity wise and impact on the gaming landscape as a whole, Halo 3 outclasses Halo 2 by a decent margin. Halo 2 is an amazing game but it just didn’t quite have the impact on the genre that Halo 1 & 3 had. (Also, if you’re trolling with your description of Halo 3, that’s a gaming hot take if I’ve ever seen one.)
BS. Halo 2 made up the majority of Xbox Live. Halo 3 never did the same. Halo 3 wasn't even the most popular online shooter, much less online game, that year. Halo 2 brought forth MatchMaking which outclasses and has greater impact on the gaming industry as a whole, both good and bad, than anything Halo 3 added. Call of Duty 4 added a progression system that again has become the standard amongst most online gaming. Oh, and sprinting and ADSing as standards to the genre, both of which even Halo adopted. What thing did Halo 3 add that all of online gaming immediately adopt?

Take it from someone who was actually there and old enough to remember gaming before Halo 3; Halo 2 made a far bigger impact in how games were played and in terms of being the game everyone played. Halo 3 was never the game everyone played; that was Call of Duty 4. Halo 2 was synonymous with Xbox Live between November 2004 and September 2007 as the most popular game on the service. Halo 3 lasted all of a couple months until COD4 was released. There is nothing from Halo 3 that was adopted in the same stratosphere as MatchMaking has been, which immediately became the defacto standard for all games in all genres that have online capabilities. This isn't even up for debate.
This community isn't the community that was on Bnet. Also player count for Halo 3 was dependent on the quality of Halo 2. It's the sins of the father, if you understand that reference.
It's cool though, each to their own. I'm just old enough to experience them without having them associated with any firsts. My opinion is less ruled by nostalgia. I would have to go back to the SNES and N64 for that.
Using that logic, we could also say that Halo 2's quality is based on the success of Halo: CE.
Halo 2's initial hype and early sales were indeed heavily at the hands of Halo CE. That is true. That's how that works. And Halo 3 was going to sell gangbusters because of Halo 2's popularity and wild success.
On another note, I don't really see what trends Halo 2 set in gaming. Anything Halo 2 did is something that was gonna happen anyways
That's absolutely not true. I was there firsthand and you were in (figurative?) diapers. I can tell you with authority the design decisions and features of Halo 2 were never an inevitibility until Halo 2 did them. The creation of unique innovations and revolutions get credit for being innovative and revolutionary. They were not inevitibilities that changed the landscape of gaming until Halo 2 did it. Without Halo 2, we would not have those features standard if ever.
Halo 2 just didn't do much for me.
You're too young to appreciate its impact for its time and how it changed the landscape of gaming.

Statistics are only numbers. Yes, according to barebones statistics Halo 3 is "more popular." And in this theory, Halo 4 and Reach are both more popilar than Halo 2. These numbers don't account for context which is how greatness is determined. As someone who was there however, Halo 2 was the game everybody was playing online. If you had an Xbox Live you were playing Halo 2. By Christmas '07, no one was playing anything online because in '07 Xbox Live was on fire with too many users, but in January of '08, the big game with all the hype was COD4. Meanwhile people were complaining because Halo 3's melee was broken and BR spread was garbage.
According to statistics like copies sold for example, Halo 3 was just....better? (I might be pushing it) To reiterate, I mean no disrespect to your personal tastes, i'm just trying to discuss facts that say Halo 3 was more well received.
More units sold does not mean more well received. By that logic, Call of Duty Ghosts was nearly twice as well received as Halo 3. We know that's not true because despite the sales, COD Ghosts was despised and easily among if not the most hated title in the franchise.
Like I said before, Halo 2 was synonymous with Xbox Live. Saying Xbox Live meant you were talking about Halo 2. Halo 2 fundamentally changed the way we play and join games. It has built the framework for most online games since its release. You can group up in a party through the game and hop into a playlist together. Halo 2 is the game that made that the minimum requirement and the standard of all online games going forward 16 years and several generations and leaps in technology later, it is still the game that was so influential it has built online gaming as we know it. That's how popular and revolutionary Halo 2 was. Halo 3 can't say the same thing. And the fact is there are more younger people still playing games who's first Halo was Halo 3 so they are going to outnumber anyone else, but that doesn't mean they have the perspective necessary to give an accurate judgment on what came before.
I've seen enough awful (or ancient) games come back from the dead now, that I agree, I think we're about to see a new Golden age of Halo.

If Infinite can nail these 3 things, it'll have a great and consistent player base for years to come.

3. Effective anti cheat.
- Not having to deal with hackers is literally why I stopped playing PC games. If I have to deal with cheaters because of cross play, I'm going to be very upset.

Sticking with H5 through the end of its content and experiencing 343's live service approach with MCC make me believe we're going to have an awesome time with Infinite. Especially if the gameplay falls somewhere in the middle of H3 and H5 like I'm hoping it will.
343's live service approach? by removing over 70% of the game's content and then reselling it to us as DLC? removing BTB so they can bring in their cheap knockoff Warzone?

Also I wouldn't advice being grateful for the MCC content, nobody asked for it and 343 is only doing it to buy time for Infinite ( the games aren't even fully fixed! ) if 343 had just released MCC as an actual working product it would be decently popular today and would require little extra content aside from playlist rotations and a customs browser
Look, I get that 343 should have had more game modes at H5's launch. And I super agree that things like H5 BTB having only forge maps to this day is ridiculous.

But saying that H5 didn't receive a steady stream of content for almost two years, and complaining that MCC is getting "new content that no one asked for" is just such an entitled mindset I don't even know how to converse with you about it.

Can't people just be happy that we're getting new content in games that are 10+ years old, and a guarantee of steady new content in Infinite?

We could be living in a world where MCC is dead in the water, and the only way to play MP is only H5 or backwards compatibility of each individual old title. We wouldn't have HCE or H2 online MP, we wouldn't have Halo on the PC, and we would soon not even be able to connect to old Halo titles MP servers. Show some darn appreciation for goodness sakes.Edit: Reselling 70% of content? H5 and MCC's added content were all free, aside from the Reach and ODST add-on's for MCC technically I guess.
H5 received no new content, only removed content like infection and BTB. And MCC wouldn't be dead in the water if they actually launched it correctly but y'know gotta give em brownie points for doing the bare minimum.
Please stop posting excessively stupid hyperbole. You not liking the content 343 put out doesn't mean they didn't put out content.

New maps,
New modes,
New armors,
New weapon skins,
New req weapons,
New load out weapons,
New vehicles,
New emblems,
New announcer voices,
New arena playlists,
Custom games browser

And it's not like there was a small amount of each of those items listed either. Just admit you're wrong and be quiet.

To go back to the original topic, I still stand by the statement that Infinite having fun gameplay and a steady stream of new content is going to do exactly what the OP said, and start a new golden age of Halo.
New maps don't count, especially since previous games had this
Weapon skins? don't make me laugh...such "content"
Req weapons? more pay 2 win guns = good
What new loadout weapons? the COG sight? sure
No new vehicles we haven't seen before ( Wasp is just a Hornet reskin )
Emblems?! lmao
Announcer voices oooo....we got 4...
Playlists also don't count since every other game got playlist rotations
customs games browser was indeed new...but it came way too late in the games lifespan to mean much

I'm wrong how? that H5 launched with no new content? or content that was actually good?
H5 is a stain on Halo's record and shows 343 didn't know what made a good Halo game, they showed this with H4 too but in the opposite direction.

Using that logic, we could also say that Halo 2's quality is based on the success of Halo: CE.
Halo 2's initial hype and early sales were indeed heavily at the hands of Halo CE. That is true. That's how that works. And Halo 3 was going to sell gangbusters because of Halo 2's popularity and wild success.
On another note, I don't really see what trends Halo 2 set in gaming. Anything Halo 2 did is something that was gonna happen anyways
That's absolutely not true. I was there firsthand and you were in (figurative?) diapers. I can tell you with authority the design decisions and features of Halo 2 were never an inevitibility until Halo 2 did them. The creation of unique innovations and revolutions get credit for being innovative and revolutionary. They were not inevitibilities that changed the landscape of gaming until Halo 2 did it. Without Halo 2, we would not have those features standard if ever.
You're too young to appreciate its impact for its time and how it changed the landscape of gaming.

Statistics are only numbers. Yes, according to barebones statistics Halo 3 is "more popular." And in this theory, Halo 4 and Reach are both more popilar than Halo 2. These numbers don't account for context which is how greatness is determined. As someone who was there however, Halo 2 was the game everybody was playing online. If you had an Xbox Live you were playing Halo 2. By Christmas '07, no one was playing anything online because in '07 Xbox Live was on fire with too many users, but in January of '08, the big game with all the hype was COD4. Meanwhile people were complaining because Halo 3's melee was broken and BR spread was garbage.
According to statistics like copies sold for example, Halo 3 was just....better? (I might be pushing it) To reiterate, I mean no disrespect to your personal tastes, i'm just trying to discuss facts that say Halo 3 was more well received.
More units sold does not mean more well received. By that logic, Call of Duty Ghosts was nearly twice as well received as Halo 3. We know that's not true because despite the sales, COD Ghosts was despised and easily among if not the most hated title in the franchise.
Like I said before, Halo 2 was synonymous with Xbox Live. Saying Xbox Live meant you were talking about Halo 2. Halo 2 fundamentally changed the way we play and join games. It has built the framework for most online games since its release. You can group up in a party through the game and hop into a playlist together. Halo 2 is the game that made that the minimum requirement and the standard of all online games going forward 16 years and several generations and leaps in technology later, it is still the game that was so influential it has built online gaming as we know it. That's how popular and revolutionary Halo 2 was. Halo 3 can't say the same thing. And the fact is there are more younger people still playing games who's first Halo was Halo 3 so they are going to outnumber anyone else, but that doesn't mean they have the perspective necessary to give an accurate judgment on what came before.
Can you actually tell me what these features are that Halo 2 made so popular? I don’t agree that Halo 3 was viewed as you say it was but...sure? I don’t think the ability to party up wouldn’t have existed without Halo 2 either...

3. Effective anti cheat.

Incorrect. Halo 5 had regular expansion updates that added new armors, modes, weapons, skins, maps, assassinations, etc. MCC was an ambitious idea that took time and work to pull off, and it paid off gloriously, Just because you don't like MCC or Halo 5 doesn't mean they're shi, it just means you have an entitled mood and a lack of taste.

3. Effective anti cheat.

I'm wrong how? that H5 launched with no new content? or content that was actually good?
H5 is a stain on Halo's record and shows 343 didn't know what made a good Halo game, they showed this with H4 too but in the opposite direction.
New maps don't count, especially since previous games had this
- You obviously have no idea what "a steady stream of new content" means in the context of a live service game. Your complete an utter ignorance in this regard actually explains a lot about why your take on this is just so flabbergastingly bad. Weapon skins? don't make me laugh...such "content"
- This response is like a spoiled elementary school kid with the best lunch at the table complaining about what they're eating. What the heck rock do you live under where you think players don't enjoy unlocking new weapon skins? Req weapons? more pay 2 win guns = good
- For people who enjoy Warzone, yea, it's great! Some of these weapons even made it into some arena playlists (note, arena playlists are 100% NOT pay to win). Also, and this is going to come as a huge shock to you I think, there are TONS of people who like game modes you might not... Sorry to break the news to you, but the whole Halo universe doesn't revolve around your preferences 😳

What new loadout weapons? the COG sight? sure
-Halo 2 BR, gun fighter magnum, silenced magnum, Halo CE pistol(SWAT), as well as various scopes for various weapons. No new vehicles we haven't seen before ( Wasp is just a Hornet reskin )
-Phantom, wasp (I disagree it's a hornet reskin. The hornet never had rockets in MP) and I would argue the Hannibal vehicles behave differently enough from their standard counter parts that these could be considered here.You could argue the AA Wraith too, as it never saw the amount of use time by players in previous titles, since it was pretty much restricted to mods and custom games. Emblems?! lmao
- New content is new content. And I see enough variety in emblems in both H5 and MCC matchmaking that I know there are players who appreciate the variety out there. If they had ONLY added new emblems, then yea, I would understand looking at this with skepticism. But 343 added a ton of other stuff. Announcer voices oooo....we got 4...
- That means H5 has 4x more announcer variety than THE ENTIRETY OF THE HALO FRANCHISE BEFORE IT. I guess you can argue firefight announcers existed before, but this is the first time we've ever been able to change arena announcers, and I love being able to swap Buck in during matchmaking. Playlists also don't count since every other game got playlist rotations
-You obviously have no idea what "a steady stream of new content" means in the context of a live service game. Your complete an utter ignorance in this regard actually explains a lot about why your take on this is just so flabbergastingly bad. 343 also added in Warzone Warlords and the solo/duo ranked playlist AT PLAYERS REQUEST, showing that they actually try and facilitate things that players enjoy.customs games browser was indeed new...but it came way too late in the games lifespan to mean much
- And it's flourishing to this day. I've yet to log in to H5 and have fewer than 8 pages of custom games available. Not quite sure how you can label this as bad. Actually, go back and read the bit about the spoiled elementary school kid.I'm wrong how? that H5 launched with no new content? or content that was actually good?
- Breakout, strongholds, all original launch maps aside from one remake, new weapons. And the argument isn't about launch, the argument is that we will have a large population and new content coming to Infinite for years, bringing in a new golden age of Halo. Also, once again, YOU NOT LIKING NEW CONTENT DOESN'T MEAN NEW CONTENT DIDN'T EXIST. H5 is a stain on Halo's record and shows 343 didn't know what made a good Halo game, they showed this with H4 too but in the opposite direction.
-You've sure played a lot of a game that's a stain on Halo's record. You're a level 147 with multiple days worth of play time. If it's really as bad as you're implying, and you played it THAT MUCH, then you're an id... wait, I can't use the word to describe your intelligence in this case I was going to use due to forum rules I guess. I think it's weird that anti-h5 people think they can just re-write history. H5's multiplayer was pretty much universally regarded as awesome when it launched, and it's only fault was the awful campaign. It was higher than MCC and backwards compat Halo titles on Xbox Lives "most popular games" list until MCC started hitting PC last year too. Aside from a small period of time after ODST was added to MCC.Stop being a contrarian just to try and sound cool. "YOU'RE WRONG. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR." -WW

Uh... the forum destroyed my posts formatting lol

3. Effective anti cheat.

Incorrect. Halo 5 had regular expansion updates that added new armors, modes, weapons, skins, maps, assassinations, etc. MCC was an ambitious idea that took time and work to pull off, and it paid off gloriously, Just because you don't like MCC or Halo 5 doesn't mean they're shi, it just means you have an entitled mood and a lack of taste.
Incorrect. Halo 5 should have launched with that content, it's not new if it's just cut from the game and recycled later on. MCC still hasn't paid off, I have friends who played it when it first came out and they are still pissed. MCC will never fully recover from it's launch and it's still a joke population wise ( ranked playlists anyone? ) 343 burned the fans so hard with MCC it's left a permanent deadzone in that games community.

3. Effective anti cheat.

Incorrect. Halo 5 should have launched with that content, it's not new if it's just cut from the game and recycled later on. MCC still hasn't paid off, I have friends who played it when it first came out and they are still pissed. MCC will never fully recover from it's launch and it's still a joke population wise ( ranked playlists anyone? ) 343 burned the fans so hard with MCC it's left a permanent deadzone in that games community.
You don't seem to understand how post-release content additions work. For things like Forge, BTB, Infection, sure yeah those definetly should've been added at launch. Everything else that came afterwards is added content and good stuff if you ask me. Look at literally every Halo game prior to Halo 5, and look at what post launch dlc came with it. Maybe a handful of new maps, and that's it. In comparison, Halo 5 has more content now than any Halo game before it, and that's a fact. Whether or not you like MCC is opinion, but you can't deny the game has a massive population and it's taken Halo as a franchise into new territory. Not only do we have nearly every Halo on one game, but we also have remastered campaigns, live service add-on dlc for old games, PC compatibility AND cross-play. Halo has had more new players for the first time since Halo 3, and most of them are on MCC. The launch was a fireball, but if you look at the game now it't literally a Halo fan's playground. If at this point you still dislike MCC and Halo 5, that also means you essentially dislike the entire franchise. So why the f*** are you here?

3. Effective anti cheat.

Both of you are correct in ways. H5 and MCC both had rocky starts (MCC more so) which led to low populations, plus H5 (while a good game) didn’t resonate with many Halo fans due to the over-complicated abilities. Also, Halo 5 had some great 👍 updates, and I hope Infinite has good updates as well.
I think 343 have done a pretty good job with what they’ve put out so far. In fact, I think Halo 4 is one of the better Halos as a total package (opinion of course). I think they have what it takes to make a truly great game with Infinite. Hopefully this extra year of development time will result in an experience they and we can be proud of
You don't seem to understand how post-release content additions work. For things like Forge, BTB, Infection, sure yeah those definetly should've been added at launch. Everything else that came afterwards is added content and good stuff if you ask me.
What else is there actually left if you don't count all the crap that was missing at launch, such as Oddball, Forge, Campaign scoring, Firefight, etc.?
Some skins and some weapons, most of which were once again content from prior games being reintroduced (Spankr, an actual Halo BR, Brute Weapons, Reach Armors, etc.)
Oh yeah. The announcers. Well done, I guess... /s

Look at literally every Halo game prior to Halo 5, and look at what post launch dlc came with it. Maybe a handful of new maps, and that's it. In comparison, Halo 5 has more content now than any Halo game before it, and that's a fact.
Shortest campaign of the franchise. (Even compared to ODST.)
20 Multiplayer maps (and that is including the Remixes, which are just reskins of preexisting maps). Reach had the same amount. Halo 3 had 24. Halo 4 actually had 25.
6 Warzone Maps. Reach had 10 Firefight maps. ODST had 8.
It maybe had the largest number of individual armors, I guess. Which is offset by the reduced ability of customization, giving you actually less customizability in terms of permutations.
Then there's also all the stuff that was flat out removed, period, and is still missing to this day. Such as splitscreen, campaign theatre, offline support, etc.
Get your "facts" straight.

Whether or not you like MCC is opinion, but you can't deny the game has a massive population and it's taken Halo as a franchise into new territory.
Massive population? I mean, it has more than H5G, but "massive"?
It's usually in the lower half of the Xbox Live Top 50, placing it below such "masterpieces" like Fallout 76, which allegedly has somewhere in between 10^4-10^5 players on Xbox.

The launch was a fireball, but if you look at the game now it't literally a Halo fan's playground.
When it decides to work, that is...

If at this point you still dislike MCC and Halo 5, that also means you essentially dislike the entire franchise. So why the f*** are you here?
Please explain to me how a sub-par port of decade-old games and a cash-grab ripoff title constitute "the entire franchise"? O.o

3. Effective anti cheat.

but the content that has come to MCC has been useful to it. We see that games that get updated get played. If you update a game that gives you something different to do. Also when someone says your lying about a game receiving no NEW content and then listing new content you can’t just say, “oh no that should have been content that was there at launch” because that is still like it or not new content in an update
Yes, the MCC launched with real big problems, but jumping Jackals saying it should have “just launched correctly” as if there is a button that launches games flawlessly or with bugs intentionally is some silly stuff. We’re talking taking, at first, six games (CEA and H2A included with CE, 2, 3, and 4) spanning three console generations with multiplayer support. Doesn’t absolve 343 of all responsibility, but that’s a tall order now matter what. Continued support while providing new content and updates is hardly “doing the bare minimum” in my book.
If you ask most veteran Halo players when the peak Golden Age of Halo was, most of us would say the Halo 3/ Halo Reach era held most of our dearest memories. Games were widely loved and very popular, Xbox Live was still relatively fresh, splitscreen players were left and right in every match, kids and younger folk dominated the lobbies, community creation and machinima was our bread and water. Since then, the majority of Halo vets have moved on to other franchises, grown up but still reminiscing of the old Xbox 360 days of coming home after school and playing some Halo with our old online friends. But as we all know, those days are all gone, even with MCC doing as well as it is. Don't get me wrong, it really makes me happy to see so many new players in Halo now that it's coming to PC, but it just doesn't feel the same and i'm sure you all agree.
Now, most of that "it's not like it used to be" comes from nostalgia and the fact that us Halo vets are grown up now, so for us it literally is not the same. But there may yet be a new Golden Age approaching. Halo Infinite is geared and marketed towards new players, not existing Halo fans but the new young kids, the next generation of Spartans if you will. With Halo Infinite's new and easy to learn story, splitscreen capabilities, new young kids playing Halo with their friends for the first time, I hope that things like community creations and machinima make a return. Kids can watch their favorite Youtubers and Streamers play this game they've never heard of, and I genuinely hope that new players across the board on Xbox and PC will fall in love with Halo just like we did all those years ago.

No doubt the new players will outnumber the current community, but we'll still be here, playing, watching, fighting, just like always. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think Halo Infinite could be a new golden age for the next generation of Halo fans? Are the best days of Halo behind us or are we just getting started?
Of corse my friend Halo Infinite return as the era of 2009 population and for sure more better than the past
Get Ready!

Can you actually tell me what these features are that Halo 2 made so popular? I don’t agree that Halo 3 was viewed as you say it was but...sure? I don’t think the ability to party up wouldn’t have existed without Halo 2 either...
OK and we eventually would have electricity, the cure for polio, flight, the combustible engine, nuclear fission, land a man on the moon, sail around the world, telephones, the internet, discover the earth revolves around the sun, gravity, and every single accomplishment in human history. Eventually we would have all those things; it does not make those who accomplished them any more diminished or less important in their feats.
No matter how you try to frame it, MatchMaking and partying up is universal across all games. All modern online multiplayer games are based off Halo 2, moreso than any other game. Its impact is universal, whether you like Halo or not. Halo 3 is just a slightly higher res Halo 2 with frame-pacing issues, broken melee and BR spread and rightfully lost its status as "the game" to Call of Duty.

Also, Halo 2 has the greatest multiplayer maps of any shooter to date and the only competition to that is original Counterstrike.
I can smell 2007 again..
I got a feeling Halo Infinite will not only bring Halo back to the spotlight it once had but also satisfy many of the old and younger fans alike. There was a point when Halo was synonymously acclaimed with the Xbox while in recent times, I've met Xbox players who don't even know what Halo is which shakes me to my core.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4