Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite theory?

OP SergeantCaleb56

Any body got some crazy wakko theory, on halo infinite?
This the same nonsense thats killing the industry can you wait till more or when the game released next thing you see is master had six spartan baby mamas or something far reaching. From star wars to star trek all the fan speculation is really getting out of hand give straight forward fact via gameplay wheres the vidocs 343i has slowly show that the mistakes from h5 was ever learn only glossed over by slapping nostalgic armor and allowing this fanbase to run chained.
Any body got some crazy wakko theory, on halo infinite?
Yes, so my theory is that master chef meets Cortana again but this time she has a real body and they're like " hi bebe it's been a while" and then she's like "yes master chef it's been a long time" and then their eyes lock for like five seconds and then they have infinite babies. So that's why it's called halo infinite because I remember the time when people thought that the name of master chef was halo so his name is now halo and the new game is called halo infinite and there will be infinite mini versions of him blasting out of contana. Ya. That actually sounds like a wonderful new weapon.

This the same nonsense thats killing the industry can you wait till more or when the game released next thing you see is master had six spartan baby mamas or something far reaching. From star wars to star trek all the fan speculation is really getting out of hand give straight forward fact via gameplay wheres the vidocs 343i has slowly show that the mistakes from h5 was ever learn only glossed over by slapping nostalgic armor and allowing this fanbase to run chained.
My ideas are amazing thank you very much. I would love to read other people's theories. Maybe we can all add onto them and create a mega theory. Amazing.
My theory is that the Master Chief has six baby mamas. They're all AI too.
There is nothing wrong with having fun and making an educated guess on what will happen. That is part of the fun. Most of the theory's will be wrong. But there is no reason why we should not have a little fun and imagination with the game. I'm not saying that everything we fans say is fact and law, but we don't know much, I was wondering what you guys thought on the matter.
To @Foxxtrot 64's point: I can certainly agree that fan speculation in the prelude to major releases for pretty much any IP with any anticipation and pedigree is way out of control. Foxxtrot is right to point out that we haven't seen enough of the game to make any serious or detailed speculation as to what it will ultimately be. I think that these points could've been made in a slightly less confrontational and seemingly exasperated manner, but I can agree with them on principal.

Accordingly, I've got no theory for the course Infinite will take. Narratively, though, my suggestion to 343i would be to make Chief's Soldier/Human character crisis take center stage in a more convincing way than it did in Halo 4 and 5 (wherein he pretty solidly erred on the Human side of that dichotomy in startling contrast to what we see in the original Halo trilogy) by making his mission as a soldier to destroy one of his only human (in a sentimental sense) partners/friends. Make his loyalty to humanity as a whole and his loyalty to Cortana spar it out against each other. And, this is the lynchpin of my suggestion: Make the Soldier side win.

They've built up that the last thing Chief would ever want to do from a human perspective is to have to pull the plug on Cortana. That makes it the most interesting mission he can have in Infinite (as far as I can imagine). This would wrap up the Reclaimer arc of his character into his long-established will to fulfill his duty to humanity as our greatest soldier. It'd be a painful event for his humanity, but it would solidify to him and us as an audience that the Master Chief is the ultimate soldier, who will make the ultimate sacrifice (Again, this works out to be pretty cool since 4-5 give us the strong indication that Chief may very well regard sacrificing/abandoning/betraying Cortana may seem to him a less palletable fate than losing his own life in the line of duty).

Given Cortana's expansive resources and insanely high potential as a threat, this story could fill an entire campaign with escalation of both force and character drama that could culminate in a truly epic conclusion, when Chief does what is necessary in spite of his own wishes. I think this also leaves him in a much more interesting character space in future Games/Novels/etc. than he has been in years.

Again, just a suggestion. There's nothing to indicate this is anything approximating what they're trying to make in Infinite- it's just my personal perspective on what would be the most satisfying conclusion to the Halo saga so far, and the one that leaves the most interesting path forward for Chief.