Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite thoughts? Good or Bad?

OP C000KIE MUNSTER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What’s everyone looking forward too in halo infinite it can be good or bad. Just wondering what people’s thoughts are about it.
I just don't want it to be too much like Destiny (or any live service game for that matter). As for anything else, I hope it'll feel good to play - I think it will. Some cool new locations, what with the new ring being so mysterious, would be the cherry on top.
I just don't want it to be too much like Destiny (or any live service game for that matter). As for anything else, I hope it'll feel good to play - I think it will. Some cool new locations, what with the new ring being so mysterious, would be the cherry on top.
I don’t think it’ll be exactly like destiny but from what we’ve seen of gameplay they definitely have taken some things from destiny.
Based on speculation, I'm kind of excited but also cautious, 343 hasn't had the best track record so far.
Let's look at the bright side:
-Lots of new weapons
- Improvement in AI, AI is more likely to interact with the sandbox (Weapons, other Ai etc)
-Campaign is bigger than H5 and H4 combined
- Return of the Banished
-Classic artstyle
- Paul Crocker might be the lead narrative director
-Halo Infinite has been delayed
-Level design (demo) looks more open and less linear.
-The new music pieces has been great so far

The not so bright side:
-New weapons, but the weapon sandbox is okay to decent at best; Suffers redundancy. (Pulse carbine is an example) Also, I'm not a fan of the design changes on the Magnum especially after the spanker incident.
-The presentation of the graphics were concerning, especially how close the original launch date was going to be. (Thank god it got delayed)
-The Banished Aesthetic feels more like a covenant 2.0 but with red coloring.
-Content drought, but 343 did acknowledged it.

The ok side:
-Multiplayer is free, helps attracts a lot of other players but also attracts exploiters/hackers.
-Grappleshot (Campaign wise) Some people like it, some people don't. It has its pros and cons.
-Joe Staen's returning back to Halo Infinite, It's great to see him returning but this also leaves speculation on what's going on the game studios working on Halo Infinite.
-First attempt of 343 taking on an Open-semi world scenario. Will it feel like a check to do list? Or will the world feel real and like a journey?
im not sure it sounds promisng but we only seen 8 minutes of campaign gameplay theres only so much we can go off of
Not sure yet, biggest problem for me is the Grappling Hook, I just don't want it to be a permanent thing like the thrusters in Halo 5. It feels off to me. I'll be ok with it if it's an armour ability but it seems like it won't be.
To me this will change the core way to much, and I'm even a fan of sprint.

So I don't know if I will enjoy the gameplay of Infinite by the looks of it atm, but I might enjoy the story and can't wait to see what happens. Though they dug themselves into a hole with Halo 5's story and I don't know if they can climb back out.

I have hope, but I honestly don't know what I feel about it.
Utterly underwhelming. Even when you set aside the elephant in the room that was the visual fidelity I found the art style massively disappointing outside of Chief and a handful of other designs. It feels like a random assortment of designs pulled from every corner of the franchise whether it was visually or thematically appropriate or not along with some truly baffling decisions like the hideous silver pillars and the constant shield glow on shielded enemies. The Banished in particular have thus far been largely disappointing as they already had their own unique visual style that is at odds with some of these throwback Covenant era designs and colorations.

As for the gameplay in just seemed utterly unremarkable in a shooter space filled to the brim with "open world" shooters even if Infinite itself isn't supposed to be fully open world. It reminded me of Rage 2 of all things and I forgot that game came out last year. Outside of the larger environments the only thing they really seem to hype up is the grapple shot which isn't even physics based which eliminates a large part of what would make a grappling hook interesting.

And to top it all off Infinite is being set up as a dreary free 2 play "live service" with a 10 year plan(yeah we'll see) which just means that Infinite is going to be designed to frustrating in a way that it just wouldn't be if it was a normal release.

I desperately hope the extra time being given to the game will help it really shine, but that demo did nothing for me. It looked like a competent enough shooter and it could be a perfectly okay game in its own right but I expect more from a Halo game.
WerepyreND wrote:
Utterly underwhelming. Even when you set aside the elephant in the room that was the visual fidelity I found the art style massively disappointing outside of Chief and a handful of other designs. It feels like a random assortment of designs pulled from every corner of the franchise whether it was visually or thematically appropriate or not along with some truly baffling decisions like the hideous silver pillars and the constant shield glow on shielded enemies. The Banished in particular have thus far been largely disappointing as they already had their own unique visual style that is at odds with some of these throwback Covenant era designs and colorations.As for the gameplay in just seemed utterly unremarkable in a shooter space filled to the brim with "open world" shooters even if Infinite itself isn't supposed to be fully open world. It reminded me of Rage 2 of all things and I forgot that game came out last year. Outside of the larger environments the only thing they really seem to hype up is the grapple shot which isn't even physics based which eliminates a large part of what would make a grappling hook interesting.

And to top it all off Infinite is being set up as a dreary free 2 play "live service" with a 10 year plan(yeah we'll see) which just means that Infinite is going to be designed to frustrating in a way that it just wouldn't be if it was a normal release.

I desperately hope the extra time being given to the game will help it really shine, but that demo did nothing for me. It looked like a competent enough shooter and it could be a perfectly okay game in its own right but I expect more from a Halo game.
^ Agree with the bold. I really hope those pillars are removed however the games cover art shows them so I have a bad feeling that they're here to stay. It seems like they decided to fill all that "open space" with those -Yoink- things. Still havent heard anything from people who are in really deep with lore and such as to an explanation for them...only two things I can think of when I see them is Minecraft and "we need some type of buildings/architecture to show off our new grapple hook".

I loved the look of The Banished from HW2. It seems like they dulled it down slightly for infinite. I also thought they should have went with a deeper red but thats kind of small in the grand rank of things. I didnt really even pay attention to the glistening overshields. Doesnt seem like that should be at all, I mean after all why would you add a shield if you stuck out like a sore thumb (dont go out at night) LOL.

They did say they were going to try to pull all of the best aspects of the series but they did little to make it feel 'refreshed'.

:(
I think that 343 is looking at taking Halo Infinite back to the roots of Halo. From what we know, they have taken a lot of inspiration from Halo 3 and Reach. The armor, for instance definitely looks like a mix of Halo 3 and Reach. I am excited to see where they take the story though. I think that 343 has learned from their mistakes and will make Halo Infinite pretty good.
The worst part about the game is all the promotional content.

If there isn't a way to unlock that kind of stuff in-game I'm gonna be super cheesed.
The ok side:
-Multiplayer is free, helps attracts a lot of other players but also attracts exploiters/hackers.
I agree with most of what you wrote. Except free to play attracting hackers / exploiters. Being cross play with PC is the biggest issue imo. If we have the ability to turn off cross play it should help a lot.
I'm hoping that Infinite will mark 343i's first complete at launch release.

Halo 4's MP, besides losing the core Halo formula, launched with a really limited set of gametypes, especially in comparison with the previous big Halo release (Reach). An excuse was given that they were using a revamped engine and had to create everything from scratch. Eventually most of the classic gametypes (Infection, Assault, Oddball etc) were ported to the game and even a cool new one (Ricochet).

A few years later, Halo 5 came out and had even less gametypes than Halo 4 did at launch with the exact same excuse about a new engine. It seems most of their resources were spent on Warzone, aka the mode with the lootboxes. Again, the fandom waa disappointed that 343i don't understand that a diverse offering of gametypes is one of the biggest draws to the series. Eventually some but not all of the missing gametypes were ported over.

Now we've got Infinite. Unlike Halo 4 and 5, they had a very long time to work on the engine and on the game itself. The good old excuse isn't going to work this time. In fact, I have a feeling that they're going to actually get it right, more or less. I'm not expecting a Reach style offering at launch, but I do believe that all the basic Halo modes (Assault, BTB with relevant maps, CTF, Oddball, KotH, Juggernaut, Infection, Slayer, Griffball) will be available in Custom Games at least.

The fact that this is a live service game that will be updated periodically doesn't justify another incomplete release. Then again, it is free to play. I wouldn't be surprised if they disappoint yet again with their launch offering.
I want it to be good. 343 games have always been great games, but not great halo games. This will be their final game if they fail
Hoping Infinite turns out an excellent Halo game, but also wary considering that 343i had a pretty sketchy reputation.

But if Infinite turns out as big a disappointment, it might very well be Destiny's time to shine.
I don’t think it’ll be exactly like destiny but from what we’ve seen of gameplay they definitely have taken some things from destiny.
As long as they don't copy the grind and the fomo I'll be happy tbh, Destiny did do a few things well to be fair - I guess I should have specified in my original comment
I think it's gonna be better than Halo 4 and 5 at the very least
my answer is very basic, story and multiplayer.
I am very excited. I like most of the things we know of so far. The two things I'm not ecstatic about are the graphics and some of the gun sound effects. I'm also worried that some iconic weapons won't be there at launch like the magnum, pump shotgun, and carbine in favour of new weapons. Other than that I think everything else is good so far.
The game looked pretty pitiful in August, and with so much money spent on marketing + how much pressure was on this game to push the new Xbox.. I can only imagine how bad of a shape the game was actually in to delay it.. The issues 100% went further than just the graphics.

On the bright side the game has a nice visual style going on, aside from the awful lighting in the demo; The character designs are great and easy on the eyes.
The character interactions also seem like a big plus, lot's of charisma between chief and the pilot.

For me the game has very little positives to go about right now, they showed us what is possibly the best slice of the game and it was laughed at by the wider gaming community.
Doesn't help that 343 have been very poor with answering lingering questions regarding "armor coatings", possible character leaks from their own merchandise, etc. too.

Silence is what got us into this mess and it kinda sucks to see them jump right back into that approach regarding to proper updates. If they showed us the game a year or so ago we could've given proper feedback ahead of time and there may have never been a delay. Now we can't even rely on the community manager to tell us if the traditional armor color system is in the game. It's all frustrating.
STPBCK wrote:
For me the game has very little positives to go about right now, they showed us what is possibly the best slice of the game and it was laughed at by the wider gaming community.
Doesn't help that 343 have been very poor with answering lingering questions regarding "armor coatings", possible character leaks from their own merchandise, etc. too.

Silence is what got us into this mess and it kinda sucks to see them jump right back into that approach regarding to proper updates. If they showed us the game a year or so ago we could've given proper feedback ahead of time and there may have never been a delay. Now we can't even rely on the community manager to tell us if the traditional armor color system is in the game. It's all frustrating.
To twist the knife in the wound, Bungie, who created the OG Halo games, are doing better on the PR front rn (i.e. TWAB).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2