Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite weapons

OP X11 XOMAN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What changes do you all think should be made to any of the weapons in Halo infinite Campaign

And another thing if the Hydra returns in Halo Infinite I think they need to up its damage in the campaign at least a little it took 8 shots to kill 1 Hunter and that was in the easiest difficulty setting
X11 XOMAN wrote:
What changes do you all think should be made to any of the weapons in Halo infinite Campaign

And another thing if the Hydra returns in Halo Infinite I think they need to up its damage in the campaign at least a little it took 8 shots to kill 1 Hunter and that was in the easiest difficulty setting
Hydra is a two shot kill on a spartan and does decent vehicle damage to non tanks, but the Hunter is one of those with the "weak spot" that you should shoot. I'm sure like 2 hydra shots in an exposed back would kill a hunter.

Whatever weapon changes they make I'll be fine with, but please no more weapon tuning randomly after 3 years of the game being out.
Maybe increase ammo count on some of the weapons so that it doesn’t feel like the enemies are too bullet spongy.
I feel like power weapons need to be more powerful in campaign PvE. Higher ammo carrying capacity too for normal weapons.
It would be cool if the shotgun could hold 12 rounds again. I feel like after Halo:CE the multiplayer affected the way they balanced the guns too much.
I feel like power weapons need to be more powerful in campaign PvE. Higher ammo carrying capacity too for normal weapons.
It would be cool if the shotgun could hold 12 rounds again. I feel like after Halo:CE the multiplayer affected the way they balanced the guns too much.
I agree with you look at the assault rifle for example in Halo CE 660 ammo in Halo 5 252 ammo i mean what the hell
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I agree with you look at the assault rifle for example in Halo CE 660 ammo in Halo 5 252 ammo i mean what the hell
It's always bugged me, especially the AR. Some may call it whiny but it effects my immersion too. Why would the UNSC suddenly start using lower capacity magazines or plugging the shotguns?

More on topic it would be cool if you could load different ammo into guns, specifically the shotgun. Would be great to hit some elites or knights with a slug.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
It's always bugged me, especially the AR. Some may call it whiny but it effects my immersion too. Why would the UNSC suddenly start using lower capacity magazines or plugging the shotguns?

More on topic it would be cool if you could load different ammo into guns, specifically the shotgun. Would be great to hit some elites or knights with a slug.
I like the slug idea I all so thought of explosive plasma rounds for the battle rifle what do you think
X11 XOMAN wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:

I like the slug idea I all so thought of explosive plasma rounds for the battle rifle what do you think
That could be cool. I am in favor of any weapon customization. I know it is kind of Halo sacrilegious to say so.
Add a mortar please.
skydogcom wrote:
Add a mortar please.
You like 343 Guilty Spark
X11 XOMAN wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Add a mortar please.
You like 343 Guilty Spark
sorry I miss read that I thought you said Monitor and yes a mortar would be nice
I don't think a dedicated handheld mortar really fits all that well into Halo unless it's used like a Brute Shot or turret or something when held.

That said, I do expect 'Smart Link' to return, just slightly different so that it's not quite "Aim Down Sights" anymore for most guns. I don't expect many massive sandbox upheavals unless they decide to completely rework Promethean guns again.
Whitedooom wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:

Hydra is a two shot kill on a spartan and does decent vehicle damage to non tanks, but the Hunter is one of those with the "weak spot" that you should shoot. I'm sure like 2 hydra shots in an exposed back would kill a hunter.

Whatever weapon changes they make I'll be fine with, but please no more weapon tuning randomly after 3 years of the game being out.
That weapon tuning was worst thing they did. Especially moving the H2 BR to level 5. Still scratching my head over that one.
When it comes to weapon tuning it honestly depends on what weapons they’ll have in the game, how dependent they’ll be on RNG, the amount of skill required to use each of them, and what situations to use it in.

I don’t know how I feel about the Sentinel Beam for example because it didn’t feel like it truly had a place in the sandbox, it was just a fun weapon to have, if they added more weapons like that to the sandbox I’d be completely fine with it as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

With normal load out weaponry, I definitely think that ammo reserves should be increased, and that more ammo should be readily available in campaign, maybe having to find ammo caches and hideouts like you could in ODST. For power weapons in campaign I’d say that damage actually needs to be tuned down a bit, and that loadout weapons should be brought up. This way the weapons in campaign don’t have that feeling of “you GOTTA have this, it’s better in every way”.

In terms of multiplayer, it really depends on the TTK that they’re going with as well though, Halo 5 was pretty fast compared to other Halos, I think Reach was a bit too slow and relied on grenades a bit too much as a strategic option. I think something more like 4’s or 3’s TTK would work best for transitioning from 5 to Infinite, something that’s slow but not too slow.

And one more thing, please don’t make the SMG useless because if I seeing on the ground on Halo 5, I’m running straight past it.
I still didn't understand why they haven't a 24 round full auto shotgun. Still have the old one, just like the similarity of the AR and the Saw. Have the Shotgun and the fully automatic upgrade.
I want the 60 round AR, blue ammo counters, and less homing weapons.
Battle wrote:
I still didn't understand why they haven't a 24 round full auto shotgun. Still have the old one, just like the similarity of the AR and the Saw. Have the Shotgun and the fully automatic upgrade.
Because they already have the shotgun and, just like the AR, it doesn't need a straight upgrade in the sandbox.

And Automatic shotguns in video games either suck or end up entirely too overpowered with no middle ground.
Zero bloom for all weapons (hidden bloom, making the size of the reticle the max size the expanded reticle can be, not like in CE), give the shotgun her 6 shells capacity again, make the Magnum a fast firing weapon when hip-firing and slower when ADS (like the Halo 5 beta magnum), give the AR a decent reticle size (not to big like in CE, and not to small like in 5) and the Pre-xbox Halo mag. capacity of 42 rounds, dont put recoil to the BR, please, in Halo 5 it ruins the aiming, make the SMG stock larger (just a cosmetic change, in Halo 5 its too short),if promethean weapons return, make them like in Halo 4, but more accurate, without excesive bloom and no-homing rounds like in 5, make the sniper a hitscan weapon, no matter which kind of bullet physics the game will use, give the Spnkr its land vehicle homing ability from Halo 2 (hold right trigger to lock-on a warthog, wraith, ghost, banshee, scorpion), and if the game uses proyectile based bullets, dont make them so inconsistent like in Halo 3, more like in Halo CE
skydogcom wrote:
Add a mortar please.
Well I could see it as a heavy weapons like the plasma cannons, or the missile pod where carrying it slows you down and brings you to 3rd person.
Zero bloom for all weapons (hidden bloom, making the size of the reticle the max size the expanded reticle can be, not like in CE), give the shotgun her 6 shells capacity again, make the Magnum a fast firing weapon when hip-firing and slower when ADS (like the Halo 5 beta magnum), give the AR a decent reticle size (not to big like in CE, and not to small like in 5) and the Pre-xbox Halo mag. capacity of 42 rounds, dont put recoil to the BR, please, in Halo 5 it ruins the aiming, make the SMG stock larger (just a cosmetic change, in Halo 5 its too short),if promethean weapons return, make them like in Halo 4, but more accurate, without excesive bloom and no-homing rounds like in 5, make the sniper a hitscan weapon, no matter which kind of bullet physics the game will use, give the Spnkr its land vehicle homing ability from Halo 2 (hold right trigger to lock-on a warthog, wraith, ghost, banshee, scorpion), and if the game uses proyectile based bullets, dont make them so inconsistent like in Halo 3, more like in Halo CE
I liked the homing on the Promethean Suppressor especially considering the low amount of ammo you could carry for it in Halo 5 and even if the ammo was to be increased to what it was in Halo 4 or more I would still want the homing feature it helps to not make the Watchers such a pain in the --Yoink- to hit I know it is not a pain for players with super fast reaction time but not every player as that level of reaction time
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2