Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo infinite will be current gen game

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As noted leaks claim the game would be skipping xbox one and be next gen well frank o Connor has confirmed once again that it WILL be on xbox one and pc provided you have the specs that are capable of running the game https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-boss-confirms-halo-infinite-will-launch-on-xb/1100-6465369/
I dont think anyone ever doubted it would be on x1. I think pretty much everyone is assuming that itll be a cross gen game at this point like breath of the wild.
Good news for me and my friends then. Woot! But things can still change and we won’t know for certain until launch day.
We all know it’s gonna launch on Xbox one it’s just that many believe that infinte will be a launch title for the new Xbox as well.
We all know it’s gonna launch on Xbox one it’s just that many believe that infinte will be a launch title for the new Xbox as well.
you be surprised that people believe that it will skip the xbox one
you be surprised that people believe that it will skip the xbox one
Well if they do skip Xbox one that would mean that 343 lied to our face but I highly doubt they will do that. I do believe that the game will launch on the next Xbox as a launch title but also launching on the Xbox one.
Yeah and it will work on the next console. Don't see why it shouldn't
I don't think the leaks ever said it wouldn't be on xb1, rather it would also come to next gen xbox.
The sooner it comes out, the better. I’ve played halo since I bought an Xbox with my inheritance money in January 2002. I played halo combat evolved and was a goner at that point.
I'm curious to see what the next "console" is. I think it could still just be another version of the XB1. I mean we've had the XB1, XB1S, XB1X. and the Xbox 360 I think had 5 different versions of that console. Either way glad we are getting closer to the date of new halo and I know they will try to put halo everywhere.
Funny if people jump to conclusions after hearing "launch title for next-gen." There is no presumption in there that Infinite won't launch on Xbox One, only that it could coincide with a new hardware launch. Microsoft is basically beating us over the head with it by now... Xbox One family of consoles. All games across all family consoles.
I'm pretty sure no leak stated it was going to skip XBONE. They just said it was going to launch on next gen, which I do believe. Look how many games launched on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One back in 2013/2014. I'm fairly certain we'll be seeing the same thing when nextgen does launch.
I believe anything is possible. It is likely it will launch on both this Gen and Next Gen consoles, but it is also possible it will only be an Xbox One title or only a Next Gen title. However, given their push at backwards compatibility, I fully believe the Next Gen Xbox will be fully compatible with all Xbox One games upon launch, so even if Infinite is an "Xbox One Exclusive", I believe it will still be fully playable on the Next Gen as well
but it is also possible it will only be an Xbox One title or only a Next Gen title.
343i have confirmed that Halo Infinite will be an Xbox One title. I don't see them changing that to only next gen, they would lose a lot of trust. I see it being a possible cross gen title. Released on the current and new family. Microsoft seem to be doing away with generations in favour of a more PC like approach. What plays on a Day One plays on X but better. I think it will be the same with the next machine, ie Scarlet. Scarlet will give you the best, then X, S, Day One. That's how I see it going with all games.
eviltedi wrote:
but it is also possible it will only be an Xbox One title or only a Next Gen title.
343i have confirmed that Halo Infinite will be an Xbox One title. I don't see them changing that to only next gen, they would lose a lot of trust. I see it being a possible cross gen title. Released on the current and new family. Microsoft seem to be doing away with generations in favour of a more PC like approach. What plays plays on a Day One plays on X but better. I think it will be the same with the next machine, ie Scarlet. Scarlet will give you the best, then X, S, Day One. That's how I see it going with all games.
So basically your saying that next gen games could work on the older models then like how pc works
a thing i could see happening is, that it will be xbox one but playable on the next gen xbox. maybe mit improvements, like some 360 games are already improved on the one (and i've already seen gameboxes in shops for some games which say they are both on the top of the box: 360 and one games. if i recall correctly, it was asscree rogue)
WSerg wrote:
a thing i could see happening is, that it will be xbox one but playable on the next gen xbox. maybe mit improvements, like some 360 games are already improved on the one (and i've already seen gameboxes in shops for some games which say they are both on the top of the box: 360 and one games. if i recall correctly, it was asscree rogue)
Yea it says that I have doom 3 bfg where it says a 360 game but playable on xbox one
frank o Connor has confirmed once again that it WILL be on xbox one and pc provided you have the specs that are capable of running the game https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-boss-confirms-halo-infinite-will-launch-on-xb/1100-6465369/
Microsoft have more surprises (which 343i may have already known) OP.

The Insider Program for testing Windows 10 Spring Update 2019 have been able to download State Of Decay for XBox One and play it for free on their PC (if it's as powerful as an XB1 or higher) - so MS have been testing an actual XBox One Emulator for Windows 10 PC's!

The latest build update has now only had Bug Fixes, with no mention of removing any features. Being weeks from release, this suggests it's the final polishing of the final build.

We'll have to wait for an official announcement in the next few weeks whether this is a permanent new feature or was just a trial of an idea, but XBox One Games in XBox One Format might be coming to PC in the next month or so. This would allow them to finally truly merge XBox and PC as a single platform, and so merge the Windows 10 and XBox Stores into one.

But if it happens, this could mean Halo:MCC and Halo 5 can finally be played on PC, so building up PC fans and paving the way for Halo Infinite, without any extra work for 343i.

Finally, having only got versions of Halo 1 and 2, with Halo 3 in MCC playable on Windows 10, gamers could finally fulfill their dreams and "Finish The Fight" on PC, LOL! :-D

See:

https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-april-2019-update-could-play-native-xbox-one-games
frank o Connor has confirmed once again that it WILL be on xbox one and pc provided you have the specs that are capable of running the game https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-boss-confirms-halo-infinite-will-launch-on-xb/1100-6465369/
Microsoft have more surprises (which 343i may have already known) OP.

The Insider Program for testing Windows 10 Spring Update 2019 have been able to download State Of Decay for XBox One and play it for free on their PC (if it's as powerful as an XB1 or higher) - so MS have been testing an actual XBox One Emulator for Windows 10 PC's!

The latest build update has now only had Bug Fixes, with no mention of removing any features. Being weeks from release, this suggests it's the final polishing of the final build.

We'll have to wait for an official announcement in the next few weeks whether this is a permanent new feature or was just a trial of an idea, but XBox One Games in XBox One Format might be coming to PC in the next month or so. This would allow them to finally truly merge XBox and PC as a single platform, and so merge the Windows 10 and XBox Stores into one.

But if it happens, this could mean Halo:MCC and Halo 5 can finally be played on PC, so building up PC fans and paving the way for Halo Infinite, without any extra work for 343i.

Finally, having only got versions of Halo 1 and 2, with Halo 3 in MCC playable on Windows 10, gamers could finally fulfill their dreams and "Finish The Fight" on PC, LOL! :-D

See:

https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-april-2019-update-could-play-native-xbox-one-games
I knew about that rumor so not confirmed
imagine it not being on the xbox one lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2