Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

HALO INFINITE WISHLIST

OP MiNi SeAn xXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just some things I would like to see in the new halo title I know alot probs won't make it in I just thought I'd give my thoughts.
  1. Vehicle battles on a scale of halo 3 with both friendly and covie forces in the campaign
  2. Emotional music and scenes like previous halo halo games
  3. Brute variants, scarabs, flood variants, sentinal variants
  4. AI in forge
  5. More allies and hostile on screen
  6. One mission with friendly prometheans maybe they manipulate you like the flood did in halo 3
  7. Lasky goes down with his ship some heroic last stand against some promethean boss or covie boss unit
  8. Firefight
  9. Custom game browser
  10. War zone BTB
  11. Fireteam Osiris as NPC or co op character
  12. Arbiter as player 2?
  13. Playable elites
  14. New game mode like invasion but with playable factions but still make it fair for everyone..
  15. Offline game modes
  16. New vehicles for instance a UNSC APC called an armedillio or something.
  17. Spirit of fire returns again?
  18. Emblems appear on your spartan or elite biped again
  19. Challenges in campaign?
  20. Theatre mode fixed and for campaign
  21. A great halo game which continues to add more and more a game that will last in our memory for generations to come
  22. A great story
  23. Blood in halo again
  24. Squad command system but with other allies like marine squads etc like halo 5 and halo reach
  25. Air battles in campaign
  26. Global battles that we're cut in the early days
  27. Make us feel that cortana is winning it's a hard fight etc
  28. Great Easter eggs and skulls a skull that change enemy forces into allies and allies into enemies
  29. Mixed art style
  30. Battles like we never seen before in halo
Here’s mine:

• Playable elites, brutes, and promethean soldiers in multiplayer.
  • Campaign matchmaking.
  • Custom browser
  • Classic gameplay without sprint and spartan abilities
  • Firefight
  • AI in forge
  • Pelicans and phantoms in forge
  • Blood
  • No loot boxes
  • Matchmaking player counters like in Halo 3
  • Classic soundtrack
  • Return of the Flood
  • Destructible environments
  • Large and open campaign levels like Halo and The Ark
  • Lobbies where you can see who you’re playing with and their rank
  • Halo 3 style ranking system
  • Playable terminals. Instead of making cinematic terminals, why not make them mini missions?
  • Halo Reach style customization
  • Halo 3 style unlocks
  • Interactions with wildlife
  • Return of the Brutes
  • 4 player campaign split screen. Have Player 1 be Master Chief, Player 2 be Arbiter, Player 3 be Agent Locke, and Player 4 be Jerome.
  • Make the Prometheans more interesting to fight
  • Large battles with Scarabs, Wraiths, and Ghosts
  • Make Master Chief a man of few words
  • Bring back Fireteam Osiris and Blue Team and give them character development
  • Space battles
  • Get rid of the squad feature
  • Bring back skins. I think skins look really cool, I hope they come back.
  • Have all game modes at launch
  • Bring back duel wielding
  • Bring back the flamethrower
  • Add Flood to Firefight
I like most of OP’s wishlist, plus here are a few more of my own:

1a. Keep Sprint (This is the only single MUST have for Halo Infinite for me to buy and enjoy the game. Lack of sprint was part of the old, classic Halo experience, but the new, modern Halo experience absolutely requires this feature to be successful and appealing)

1b. Continue to evolve the advanced movement system

2. Bring back the Flood as a major antagonist, adding back a sense of horror to the franchise which has long been sorely missed (Potentially even leading to Cortana having to compromise with “the resistance,” for lack of better words, to try and defeat the Flood).

3. More swearing from aliens and humans.

The OP really hit the nail on the head for just about everything else I wanna see, except for:
  1. Lasky goes down with his ship some heroic last stand against some promethean boss or covie boss unit (Reason: No... Just no...)
  2. Firefight (Reason: I didn’t think Firefight was that successful, and it was too repititious for my liking)
  3. Fireteam Osiris as NPC or co op character (Reason: I personally didn’t like Osiris at all, and hope they don’t come back at all in Halo Infinite)
  4. Spirit of fire returns again? (Reason: I love SoF but to me it belongs in its own section of the Halo universe. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if it pops up in Halo Infinite, but it’s not something I’d expect or even want to see in Infinite)
  5. Challenges in campaign (Reason: While I love campaign and am not wholly opposed to this idea, the Reach campaign challenges were so grindy, making completion seemingly impossible)
  6. Squad command system but with other allies like marine squads etc like halo 5 and halo reach (Reason: They tried and failed at this idea in Halo 5. I think a more personal experience with just one character to control at a time works better for Halo)
  7. Make us feel that cortana is winning it's a hard fight etc (Reason: Not necessary, IMO. This idea could work but I’m not opposed to the UNSC finding easier ways to beat Cortana back)
  8. Mixed art style (Reason: TBH I’m not really against this. But I’m not asking for it either. I’m okay with either classic, mixed, or a new art style)
I hope the list of things I don’t want doesn’t come across as overly critical... Otherwise I really like all of the OP’s other items on their wishlist. OP said it, but I’d also like to highlight more blood- much more.
  • Long and at least some what difficult campaign
  • Return of warzone, though a newer modified version would be ideal
  • Ai in forge but I don't have high hopes for this
  • Larger forge canvases
  • Fix that heckin physics bar in forge so that placing a few rocks doesn't fill it up
  • Forge at launch
  • Return of custom browser
  • Return of halo 3 styled equipment with some new additions that fit the new universe
  • Customs folders so that we can organize our book marks and original creations so we can have stuff like folders for infection maps/game modes, a minigame folder, large slayer maps, etc
  • For the love of god organize the armor, or create folders for armor variations
  • A few new armor options. I don't mean more armors, but stuff like armor skins, or a scale of how reflective/shiny or dirty/plain your armor looks
  • Banished appearance
  • Unique maps that don't all feel the same like halo 5s did
  • A new forge option made for forging warzone maps
  • A theatre mode that works
  • A follow feature that allows you to follow forgers. This doesn't have to be in the game but I'd like to see it on waypoint
  • Colorable, or custom huds. Even just choosing between preset hud designs/arrangements would be fine
  • Keep the feature that allows us to switch seats in a vehicle, it's so hard to get use to play without it whenever I play classic halos
  • Usually I'm the type that would say go ahead and keep sprint but now I'm liking the idea of removing sprint, boosting the speed to what it was in halo ce and then keeping clamber
  • Skulls in custom games
  • Don't randomize armor, it should either be earned through a credit system or through some achievment/commendation system. A hybrid is preferred
  • Usually I'm the type that would say go ahead and keep sprint but now I'm liking the idea of removing sprint, boosting the speed to what it was in halo ce and then keeping clamber
What made you change your mind? There’s a reason one speed felt slow on the older Halos. Don’t you remember having to walk across those giant maps and levels in campaign at that god awfully slow, walking pace whenever no vehicles or gravity lifts were available?
What made you change your mind? There’s a reason one speed felt slow on the older Halos. Don’t you remember having to walk across those giant maps and levels in campaign at that god awfully slow, walking pace whenever no vehicles or gravity lifts were available?
I remember it being slow in halo 2 and 3, not halo ce. Halo ce was fast
I just want the game to launch with a good amount of gametypes, forge, and maps that arnt just for arena slayer. I miss the maps that were made for certain gametypes in mind.
Here’s mine
  • Osiris being a perspective, but not taking up 80% of the game. More like 60% to 40% with Blue Team being 60.
  • More emphasis on emotion rather than drama.
  • Each character having their own personal arc and unique motivations, rather seeming like they only existed in the game for the sake of co-op.
  • Didact coming back to help knock Cortana out of power, and then ultimately seizing it for himself when she is defeated. Essentially this gets the narrative back on track to what Halo 4 established without the plot bending over backwards.
I didn’t think it was too slow.
I liked most of your ideas, here are mine. Tell me if they’re any good.

Slow down the gameplay, to me 5 was too fast and did not feel like it was Halo at all, some mechanics like vaulting can stay though.
I hope the campaign includes saving marines and gathering an army to fight Cortana. Those Halo 3 moments where you could save as many Marines as possible and have them fight waves in Tsavo Highway was awesome.
Playable Elites is a MUST if they want the community to grow. Full blown Machinimas with Elites as well as fun gametypes were the result of playable Elites
Might be a bit controversial but perhaps Dual Wielding returns. I understand that it is unbalanced and ruins balancing but maybe it can play a part in the campaign or at least leave it as a CHOICE when making custom games, so we can make games like DayZ all over again
Return of the Hornets, they were awesome. Would be cool to have combined forces of Hornets and Falcons fighting the Covenant
Some missions with Insurrectionists, if possible (but yeah I understand they’re on a Halo, could make a nice side mission tho) just cause I’d like to fight some human enemies as long as they’re not UNSC
I can agree that sprint should return, but it should definitely not be unlimited and maybe be an Armor Ability like in Reach so that gameplay is not so CoD like. Could work great for custom games, make Campaign missions go faster and even look good in Machinima.
please no micro transactions or too many paid DLCs for that matter. Release the game completed.
8 1/2.
The only DLC I would approve of is a Director’s DLC with Machinima making tools and stuff like that, maybe things that would more or less be Machinima specific like adding more human guns (Innie Confetti Maker comes to mind) see this stuff would be garbage for multiplayer because it’d be too much like CoD, but people making Custom Games like Flood could use more guns to scatter around the map and Machinima makers would love that edition, just don’t add them in matchmaking.

I know most of these are for the benifits of the Machinima directors, but I believe machinimas were a key part in why Halo’s community was so big along side Custom Games with so many options, but the former has kinda died out since Guardians. Least they can do is pay them back by implementing one of these requests.
Damn and I almost forgot they should add back the Flame Thrower. Don’t know why it was removed it made the Halo experience unique IMO. Also Brute Stalkers with they’re iconic incindiary grenades and UNSC Hellbringers to use the Flame Throwers would be cool too.
Damn and I almost forgot they should add back the Flame Thrower. Don’t know why it was removed it made the Halo experience unique IMO. Also Brute Stalkers with they’re iconic incindiary grenades and UNSC Hellbringers to use the Flame Throwers would be cool too.
Hiya, and nice wish list!! :-D

FYI: In the future would recommend editting your last post when you want to add more to it, versus adding another post.
Hiya, and nice wish list!! :-D

FYI: In the future would recommend editting your last post when you want to add more to it, versus adding another post.
Thanks! And yup I’ll do that next time it’s probably more convenient huh.
1 - Reach and Halo 4 Style Full Armor Customization.
2 - Custom Browser.
3 - Reach xp and Armor Unlock system.
4 - More Advanced Forge.
5 - Custom Loadouts and Ordinance drops "Custom Games only ".
6 - Keep Sprint, Slide, Clamber and Thrust.
7 - Spartans, Elites and Brutes Multiplayer.
8 - Camo weapons skins.
9 - Tertiary Armor color Option.
10 - Custom visor color single or two toned option using the same color options as the Armor uses. Hopefully 150 or 200 color choices. Same option to custom color the weapon camo skins as well.
11 - NONE OF THAT BULLET SPREAD TESTING UPDATE BULLSH~T LIKE IN HALO 5. 343 YOU HAD IT GOOD THE FIRST TIME !
12 - Reach style Firefight with more advancement options.
13 - Halo Infinite to be offline play and for LAN.
Game Modes
  • Main campaign: Chief's missions
  • Spartan Ops 2.0 (name pending): following Blue Team, Osiris, Arbiter, Palmer, Spartan IV's, etc on side missions aiding in Chief's main mission
  • Firefight: not a huge fan myself, but it's a good time killer
  • Social: playlists of varying competitive and non-competitive styles
  • Ranked: playlists of varying competitive styles
  • Arena: ranked playlists reserved for only the highly competitive Spartans and Fireteams
  • Survival: 100 Spartans sent via drop pods to a sequestered zone of a Halo ring to test survival techniques. Last Spartan/Fireteam standing wins.
Game Types
  • Team Slayer: Social, Ranked, Arena
  • Team Objective: Social, Ranked, Arena
  • Team SWAT: Social, Ranked
  • Big Team Battle: Social, Ranked
  • Action Sack: Social
  • Race: Social, Ranked
  • Grifball: Social, Ranked
Story
  • Explaination of happenings between 5G and Infinite
  • Sense of being the underdog (like how humanity constantly felt in the Human-Covenant war)
  • Sense of mystery again at Forerunners (or possibly new species), their tech, and their purpose
  • More real, militaristic design aesthetics and storyboarding (not just sci-fi)
  • More percussive, militaristic "classic" feel to music
  • Covenant species that display individual character through banter
  • Important story elements that reward lore fans
  • Halsey and Chief interactions, even if in flashbacks
  • Flood return
  • Return to Earth/Reach, or another established human colony, to again see future humanity's lives
  • Marines and ODSTs that reverence Spartans
  • Spartan IVs largely disbanded/defeated/reassigned
  • Chief on a given mission to save humanity
  • AI with Chief is helpful and useful, but not defective or obnoxious (Navi)
  • Cortana/big bad's evil plan is known and seemingly unstoppable; aids sense of being underdog
  • Mission(s) on UNSC vessel(s) being attacked/boarded
  • Mission(s) on Halo ring with large expansive areas
  • Tie up some (not all?) loose ends (Mendicant Bias, 343GS/UNSC Rubicon, Librarian, Iso-Didact, state of Reach after glassing, Precursors, Chief's gaeas, etc.)
Multiplayer
  • Character Customization at least as detailed as in Reach
  • Consolidate armor designs
  • More militaristic "classic" designs
  • Skins as a design to place on any armor or armor piece (not armor specific)
  • Emblems displayable on character in-game
  • Clan/Spartan Company system manageable in-game
  • Maps that encourage open vehicle battles (Sidewinder)
  • Slippery ice
  • Teleporters
  • Power-Ups
Gameplay
  • Remove Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Spartan Slide, and Stabilize
  • Keep Thruster, Clamber, and Smart Scope (no ADS boost)
  • Possibly integrate VISR (campaign only)
Sandbox
  • Remove unnecessary outlier weapons and vehicles
  • Add all main weapons and vehicles
  • Consolidate variants
  • Plan weapon and vehicle roles (canonically and for gameplay)
  • Verify weapon canon accuracy (50cal AR should be one of the best weapons, not a throw-away)
  • Uniqueness between factions/species (not reskins of same purpose)
-FORGE SECTION
  1. New wire frame and paint-able ground in Forge not just land objects you place.. Just like Far Cry 5... It isn't copying them there is other map editors that use the same method because it works well and allows players to mold the landscape as they choose in a faster way. Crysis on PC did it very well with the hole carving tool to dig caves. Also FarCry 3 - 5 all had the hole tool to remove sections of the map for having custom built undergrounds structures... Halo could use both of them tools and the map land wire frame style land molding.
  2. Real place-able volumes for Water, Lava, Poison, Radiation, and can work with adjustable kill volumes / barriers and more.
  3. All the usable vehicles from past Halo games, including Shadow H2, Spectra, Revenant, Prowler (Brute), Chopper (brute) Maybe some Halo Wars vehicles, Shade Turrets again, Falcon from Reach, Hornet from H3, Wasp from H5, Golden Hog, Scout Hogs, H2/H3 style Banshee, Halo 5 style Banshee, and maybe Pelican fly-able and Phantom & I love to see more Forerunner vehicles.
  4. Many variants of weapons from all the halo series from the start of time.
  5. Pre-fabs again I loved that in Halo 5 and it really is nice being a lot more time consuming to make all the structures and things.
  6. Forge having more prebuilt building like u would find in earlier Halo's also its nice to make your own buildings but its very nice to just use something quick and easy too.
  7. Maybe some kind of Weapon or Vehicle creator... It be super hard to do but it be amazing if it could happen.
-Character Creation

1. Halo Reach style armor again where you can change out all the parts not just a select few.. I liked when we can do the arms and legs and all the different parts to customize your character... I think it be kinda fun to be able to customize the character under the suit too, to some extent because not everyone has the same height or weight. Let people have fun.. Just don't let people make dwarf characters or tooth pick skinny characters so its not game breaking when trying to shoot a tiny target, Or you can make it change how the Health of the character is reduced with a smaller target!
  2. I liked playing as an Elite for multiplayer in Reach and prefer being different playing as an Elite. I think we should get that option and be fully customizable just like the Spartans.
  3. Being able to create custom skins / looks for you weapons and vehicles.
-GamePlay Multiplayer

1. I didnt really like Firefight in any of the Halo's much H5 i liked best... I really love them to do a Battlefield style multiplayer with like 25vs25 or 30vs30. With super large scale maps and little to no AI just all out fun massive game and have sights and things like Halo 5 but more large scaled battles and epic fights.
  2. Maybe some space battling too would be fun in halo's multiplayer. Halo is a pretty massive community so I don't see why it wouldnt work.
  3. Clan's: We really need more clan activities too in Halo. Never really did much with it but i think it be very fun.
  4. NEW ZOMBIE STYLE GAME MODE for HALO "FLOOD APOCALYPCE". I don't know how it should be made but it should be FORGE Capable also
Not at all. I remember vehicles always being available for every large outside area. Not sure what you were doing to make the vehicles unavailable.

Personally, I think we should increase the player movement speed to even faster than that of Combat Evolved if we are to remove sprint, which we should. We can certainly afford faster base movement in today's Halo.
Headhunter, Breakout, Invasion

All of them tuned to work properly with classic gameplay.

I may add to my list later. It's obviously much bigger than this but I have gametypes on my mind.
Make Elites playable and I'll be pretty happy.
  1. Playable Elites and Brutes
  2. SoF & Red Team appearance in campaign
  3. Grunt multiplayer mode like a mini game
  4. Spartan Ops
  5. Flood Survival Mode
  6. Return of Shipmaster Rtas Vadum bring my boy halfjaw back!!
  7. Team up missions with Arbiter
  8. Long Campaign
  9. Classic Firefight
  10. Invasion
  11. Return of Brutes, Drones, Flood, and maybe Skirmishers
  12. Frequent boss fights such as Brute Chieftains in campaign
  13. Mega Team Battle (12 v 12)
  14. Dual Wielding
  15. If Spartan abilities are involved, make them like Reach
  16. Pick up equipment like Bubble shield
  17. Simple Forge
  18. File Share
  19. Custom Browser
  20. Reach Armor Customization
  21. Classic Weapon designs like H3 SMG
  22. Race gametype in matchmaking
  23. Option to take off helmet of our custom Spartan and create facial features
  24. Classic music from Halo 2 & 3
  25. References to past games
  26. Vehicles like Chopper, Spectre, Hornet, Locust, and Scarabs
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2