Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

halo infinite wont have real money loot boxes!

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
maxammo365 wrote:
maxammo365 wrote:
"but my hope for Halo Infinite has hit rock bottom". Then leave.
Such an useless response. He lost hope (so did I frankly), that doesn't mean he can't add to the discussion or that he isn't still a Halo fan. Being a fan doesn't mean to be 100% loyal and to the brand without regards, being skeptical is a good thing. Especially if you are a fan and know the product well! Adding constructive criticism and speaking out about our concerns is the best thing you could do to improve Hi. What you did on the other hand was less than nothing.
If i did something, then how can it be less than nothing? something>nothing. and constructive criticism is good, but constant complaining and saying you "lost all hope" is not helping and it actually very annoying. If you have lost ALL hope then you honestly shouldn't be here. You've lost ALL HOPE. I think, frankly, that everyone who says that is exaggerating. I agree, voice your opinion if you want change. Just don't annoy the rest of us.
You're right, it wasn't nothing in a literal sense. It was a waste of space which is de facto something.

Not to mention the user Eviltedi did explain why he felt like that, so he did voice his opinion to achieve a positive change. Yet you are here and dare writing we shouldn't annoy YOU.

Don't you see the irony in that? Personally I think comments like "leave" or "shut up" are among the most annoying and childish points someone could use during a discussion in general, reason why I responded in first place. But hey! You do you buddy, I'm done with the OT! :)
I don't really care that much about micro-transactions as long as the game itself is good.
"No purchasable loot boxes."

Still with how they've mishandled the release of Halo 5 and the travesty that is the MCC I find it harder and harder with each day to "Keep the faith" with a developer Studio that continues to fumble the ball on almost every play. I want Halo Infinite to be something phenomenal, being a fan of the Games, the lore, the universe since its launch on the Original Xbox. Hell at my work whenever I have a little bit of disposable income you'll see me playing Halo: Fireteam Raven (Took 11 years but they finally made a legit Halo Arcade!) on my off hours.

I'm afraid that Microsoft and 343 are looking to turn the Chief and his legacy into a cash cow in the same fashion that Disney has treated Star Wars. Sure, money is made (and in some cases lost) but it forces a massive wedge into the community creating a massive divide. We already see that with the events going on with the MCC and its handeling. In today's day and age, twitter posts proclaiming to "keep the faith" and "not to worry about lootboxes" or some other questionable motive just doesn't carry any stock anymore.

Faith isn't lost over a single mistake. Faith is lost when similar mistakes are repetitively made by the same person/group. It gets even worse when that same entity makes the assumption that the community is ignorant (business tactics manipulation on how games matchmaking is carried out). In today's age we're now more diligent than ever despite the amounts of misinformation floating around on the web.

The inner child of my soul still holds a spark of hope for the Chief and his legacy, but that hope is buried under the years of witnessing the same and similar mistakes that these "Triple A" companies continue to share and make and trying to dress it up as service and support.

If you want us to keep and maintain the faith, then now...more than ever for this franchise...is time for you (Microsoft/343) to preform a miracle.

Please preform that miracle, for all the fans STILL clinging on.
Not having paid REQ packs is only half the battle since there are still other ways where they could make up for it and it even mentions that in the article.
Excellent news. It kinda means there'll be in game lootboxes I imagine, otherwise they would have said 'no lootboxes'. Would have preferred a purely progressional system.

I wonder if it also means you can just buy what armour pieces you want with real money.

Aka - pretty much the same way Heroes of hte Storm does it.
It won't have any "real money" loot-boxes. Doesn't mean it will have *no* loot-boxes. Just thought I would point that out.
To ppl sayin that “343 iS iRrIdEeMaBlE, tHeY kIlLeD hAlO!!!1!1!” Lemme just say this: you little yoinks asked for the classic rocket launcher The h2 br, classic armor, and a great forge, they gave it to you. Now everyone’s just overlooking what 343i did because of one job posting that could be for a mobile game for all we care. Also, h5 was gonna have no microtransactions, that was Microsoft’s idea
maxammo365 wrote:
maxammo365 wrote:
"but my hope for Halo Infinite has hit rock bottom". Then leave.
Such an useless response. He lost hope (so did I frankly), that doesn't mean he can't add to the discussion or that he isn't still a Halo fan. Being a fan doesn't mean to be 100% loyal and to the brand without regards, being skeptical is a good thing. Especially if you are a fan and know the product well! Adding constructive criticism and speaking out about our concerns is the best thing you could do to improve Hi. What you did on the other hand was less than nothing.
If i did something, then how can it be less than nothing? something>nothing. and constructive criticism is good, but constant complaining and saying you "lost all hope" is not helping and it actually very annoying. If you have lost ALL hope then you honestly shouldn't be here. You've lost ALL HOPE. I think, frankly, that everyone who says that is exaggerating. I agree, voice your opinion if you want change. Just don't annoy the rest of us.
You're right, it wasn't nothing in a literal sense. It was a waste of space which is de facto something.

Not to mention the user Eviltedi did explain why he felt like that, so he did voice his opinion to achieve a positive change. Yet you are here and dare writing we shouldn't annoy YOU.

Don't you see the irony in that? Personally I think comments like "leave" or "shut up" are among the most annoying and childish points someone could use during a discussion in general, reason why I responded in first place. But hey! You do you buddy, I'm done with the OT! :)
Oh stop being so extreme. I am not "daring" when I write my comments. I think comments like that are annoying. That's my opinion. He has wrote many comments on multiple pages complaining about Halo 5 and microtransactions. I don't think they are constructive in any way. Constructive criticism involves giving ways to fix the problems. Many of his comments are just complaints. He can write whatever he wants and so can I.

Thank you for stepping in and saving the day! I'm sure tedi could not have taken care of it himself (sarcasm).

I really just want people to stop complaining about what has already happened. If you want it changed, think of a good idea! If it's good enough, people will agree with you and it may get somewhere. Hope to see you guys playing Halo Infinite. We all deserve a good Halo.
Good news. Now if they said there won't be any loot boxes whatsoever I'd be REAL happy.
Ill believe it when the game drops. Does anyone one else remember chief in a cape???........ Great advertising 343. I just don't believe u anymore.
That isnʻt a good reason to not like 343i. Did you see Master chief jump into a group of Brutes and wraiths in Halo 3 teaser trailer? That did not happen. But that doesʻnt mean we should hate on Bungie and distrust them for that.
They have destiny to hate on them for.
loooool he got you good molon loooool. bad deflection
the crying i see is so pathetic. halo 5 sold on par with most halos and they act like halo sold 5 copies. halo is fine as a franchise standpoint. stop pretending halo is dead because its far from it
the crying i see is so pathetic. halo 5 sold on par with most halos and they act like halo sold 5 copies. halo is fine as a franchise standpoint. stop pretending halo is dead because its far from it
I agree. "(Insert game here) is dead" is so overused.
exactly. all halo fans want is more chief and splitscreen. infinite solved 85 percent of fans issues
I'm glad it's officially confirmed. After seeing that forza 7 was removing lootboxes, i had a feeling other exclusives would follow suit. It was no coincidence that forza, halo, and gears all started with lootboxes right around the same time. Now, yet again, 2 exclusives have made a decision to get rid of lootboxes. I'd be fine with microtransactions if i was guaranteed to get what i want. Someone needs to out the time and effort into designing the addon so of course they should get paid for their work. I feel like titanfall 2 did microtransactions the best.
Halo 5 was the lowest selling halo to date I believe and population numbers prove that halo has been on the decline
Not dead but on the decline and there's no denying that.Sales numbers and population confirm my point
Halo 5 was the lowest selling halo to date I believe and population numbers prove that halo has been on the decline
nope. sold on par with all main halos except H3. population is just fine. also its been 3 years..... that tends to slow down things.
Not dead but on the decline and there's no denying that.Sales numbers and population confirm my point
sales are on par dude. stop looking at fake vgcharts
sales are on par dude. stop looking at fake vgcharts
I mean, damn near everything related to sales estimates 5 million in sales, and since 343/Microsoft choose to not put out their actual numbers, people will continue to roll with the 5 million which isn't on par with previous games.

Furthermore the population of these games speak for themselves. There's absolutely no comparison between the newer games the originals.
SBTTLS wrote:
I ain't no mathematician or nothing, but that there looks like sum double negative to me. I'll tell you wut.
Quote:
Chris Lee, the studio head of FPS at 343 Industries, has clarified that “real-money loot boxes” aren’t not part of the deal. In a recent tweet, Lee said
Either you misquoted, or the article has been updated. It doesn't have the double negative.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6