Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

halo infinite wont have real money loot boxes!

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
thank god
the crying i see is so pathetic. halo 5 sold on par with most halos and they act like halo sold 5 copies. halo is fine as a franchise standpoint. stop pretending halo is dead because its far from it
I agree. "(Insert game here) is dead" is so overused.
Not dead but on the decline and there's no denying that.Sales numbers and population confirm my point
sales are on par dude. stop looking at fake vgcharts
I mean, damn near everything related to sales estimates 5 million in sales, and since 343/Microsoft choose to not put out their actual numbers, people will continue to roll with the 5 million which isn't on par with previous games.

Furthermore the population of these games speak for themselves. There's absolutely no comparison between the newer games the originals.
frank o connor said halo sold 5m in first 3 months...... loool. you are ignorant if you believe that
the crying i see is so pathetic. halo 5 sold on par with most halos and they act like halo sold 5 copies. halo is fine as a franchise standpoint. stop pretending halo is dead because its far from it
Not dead but on the decline and there's no denying that.Sales numbers and population confirm my point
I mean, damn near everything related to sales estimates 5 million in sales, and since 343/Microsoft choose to not put out their actual numbers, people will continue to roll with the 5 million which isn't on par with previous games.

Furthermore the population of these games speak for themselves. There's absolutely no comparison between the newer games the originals.
frank o connor said halo sold 5m in first 3 months...... loool. you are ignorant if you believe that
Ignorant? You're the one saying sales are on par with no numbers. 5 million is far from the 12 million of H3 and is still a huge gap from the 9-10 of reach and H4.

So yeah, I'll believe the 5 million since nothing has been said on it, especially when most of the sales come in a games first month 👍 prove me wrong if I'm oh so ignorant cause you won't find anything else which just destroys your statement.

Ignorant? You're the one saying sales are on par with no numbers. 5 million is far from the 12 million of H3 and is still a huge gap from the 9-10 of reach and H4.

So yeah, I'll believe the 5 million since nothing has been said on it, especially when most of the sales come in a games first month 👍 prove me wrong if I'm oh so ignorant cause you won't find anything else which just destroys your statement.
yes ignorant. you are saying its more logical to believe halo never sold a copy since january 2016 than continuing. also halo 3 sold well for two years. how could that be? you said sales after a few months are little???? lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

yes ignorant. you are saying its more logical to believe halo never sold a copy since january 2016 than continuing. also halo 3 sold well for two years. how could that be? you said sales after a few months are little???? lol. your idiotic statement got destroyed :)
As you sent me earlier. "loooool he got you good" thats right "bro".

yes ignorant. you are saying its more logical to believe halo never sold a copy since january 2016 than continuing. also halo 3 sold well for two years. how could that be? you said sales after a few months are little???? lol. your idiotic statement got destroyed :)
lool. he literally believes halo never sold a copy in 2 and a half years.... ya... he got me good bro looool.
AshamanND wrote:
SBTTLS wrote:
I ain't no mathematician or nothing, but that there looks like sum double negative to me. I'll tell you wut.
Quote:
Chris Lee, the studio head of FPS at 343 Industries, has clarified that “real-money loot boxes” aren’t not part of the deal. In a recent tweet, Lee said
Either you misquoted, or the article has been updated. It doesn't have the double negative.
It was a copy/paste straight from the site.

I saw a few other issues with grammar and spelling, but I'm not that guy. I was just highlighting the irony of the article with the fervor the community was feeling about about what it could mean, and from a conspiracy about such.

Edit: It should be mentioned that my post, with it's obvious imitation wasn't directed to any member of this site. I was merely a character I was doing to highlight the error in grammar.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
Ubernubeslayer2 has a point and I was gonna say something along the same lines but shorter.

Basically, all you can take this news for is what it says. What I'm certain this will result in though is microsoft/343 finding an alternative way to monetize and make extra profit from the game. What this will be we still have yet to see and could end up being even worse than the REQ packs we had in Halo 5.
Being certain of this, it really kills any hype I would otherwise have for the game… We'll just have to wait and see what they end up doing..
Warframe is a free game that has microtransactions for every single piece of loot in the game--with the alternative method of acquiring the loot being grinding for mats and then waiting for literally days while it's being constructed--and you have to buy all the cosmetics. Yet the game is worshipped the world over for being one of the best possible microtransaction systems in the industry. The reason for this is simply that everything you're buying--should you choose too--you get as a guarantee. It's not loot boxes, it's an open window store that shows you the item, the stats (if its a weapon/Warframe) and how to acquire it with building materials if you want to opt out of paying for it. The trade off for this is that all of the content updates are free, which is the direction Halo 5 was already heading in--the only difference was Halo 5 had actual loot boxes, albeit ones that were sectioned off into a single tertiary game mode. It was experimental, and was largely inoffensive, but imperfect. Now that we have assurances that Infinite won't have loot boxes (IE random purchases) then the only logical conclusion is that the microtransactions will be more like Warframe's, because it's either loot boxes or not.

Infinite being more of an open world online game was something we all should've seen coming given the trend set by games like Warframe and Destiny. These kinds of games are best supported by some kind of additional monetization system, given the scope of them. But numerous other games have also proven that it can be done fairly. Unless 343i have somehow blinded themselves entirely to the progress made by games like Warframe, Division, and even Destiny in perfecting their content formula, we shouldn't be so pessimistic.
You've hit the nail on the head, IMO.

• No more random purchases
  • Purchases will probably still exist, but for specific items, not random
  • If they're confined to cosmetics, ie non-gameplay altering I'd be the happiest
  • If they insist on gameplay altering, If it's confined to a certain gametype (aka Warzone) then I guess that's not the worst.
Competitive Halo should always have a 'no-frills' game mode, where it's just about skill and technique, not unlocks and your wallet.

lool. he literally believes halo never sold a copy in 2 and a half years.... ya... he got me good bro looool.
No I didn't, get the ignorant ego out of the way and reread what I said, comprehension can get you somewhere and I have no reason to even continue the argument till you get some.

There's a difference between selling nothing and then selling most of your copies within the first month, focus on that till you understand it.

Ya, I'm sure that's what he really thinks. I'm sure u aren't taking anything out of context. U r just a master deBAITER. As u would say "lool"
Thorulfr wrote:
Excellent news. It kinda means there'll be in game lootboxes I imagine, otherwise they would have said 'no lootboxes'. Would have preferred a purely progressional system.

I wonder if it also means you can just buy what armour pieces you want with real money.

Aka - pretty much the same way Heroes of hte Storm does it.
Maybe he meant his words of "no paid loot boxes" to imply there will be "paid other things."
It doesn't automatically mean there will be unpaid lootboxes.
To ppl sayin that “343 iS iRrIdEeMaBlE, tHeY kIlLeD hAlO!!!1!1!” Lemme just say this: you little yoinks asked for the classic rocket launcher The h2 br, classic armor, and a great forge, they gave it to you. Now everyone’s just overlooking what 343i did because of one job posting that could be for a mobile game for all we care. Also, h5 was gonna have no microtransactions, that was Microsoft’s idea
Exactly this.

The job posting could be more related to other games in the ideasphere. Gears just announced a mobile game. Halo has had 2, made by other studios. Maybe it is time 343 developed a Halo mobile game in-house?
As long as we can unlock armor customization options via progress or achievements or commendations, etc, I'll be happy
SBTTLS wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
SBTTLS wrote:
I ain't no mathematician or nothing, but that there looks like sum double negative to me. I'll tell you wut.
Quote:
Chris Lee, the studio head of FPS at 343 Industries, has clarified that “real-money loot boxes” aren’t not part of the deal. In a recent tweet, Lee said
Either you misquoted, or the article has been updated. It doesn't have the double negative.
It was a copy/paste straight from the site.

I saw a few other issues with grammar and spelling, but I'm not that guy. I was just highlighting the irony of the article with the fervor the community was feeling about about what it could mean, and from a conspiracy about such.

Edit: It should be mentioned that my post, with it's obvious imitation wasn't directed to any member of this site. I was merely a character I was doing to highlight the error in grammar.
All good. They must've updated their article.
does that mean req packs will stay but only paid for in points or will reqs be removed entirely?
does that mean req packs will stay but only paid for in points or will reqs be removed entirely?
We don't know. All it means is that there will be no loot boxes obtainable via real money. It also means no loot boxes available via premium currency obtained with real money.
What that could easily mean is there will still be microtransactions such as $3.99 buys 30 credits. Then U can purchase a rocket launcher req card for 5 credits, a tank req cardfor 10 credits, or a plasma pistol req card for 1 credit. Basically letting u get want u want in the grand pay to win scheme of things.
Halo 5 was the lowest selling halo to date I believe and population numbers prove that halo has been on the decline
nope. sold on par with all main halos except H3. population is just fine. also its been 3 years..... that tends to slow down things.
Did you just reply to your own quote of my post?if population was fine the game would've been able to crack the top 10 most played games list during its prime which it never did.I haven't played halo 5 since Jan 2017 and at the time I believe it was number 17 or 18 on the most played list and now it's almost mid 20s.Halo has been declining since bungie started with the radical changes in reach and 343 decided to double down on those changes.I love halo,but I've accepted that it will never be top dog ever again
To ppl sayin that “343 iS iRrIdEeMaBlE, tHeY kIlLeD hAlO!!!1!1!” Lemme just say this: you little yoinks asked for the classic rocket launcher The h2 br, classic armor, and a great forge, they gave it to you. Now everyone’s just overlooking what 343i did because of one job posting that could be for a mobile game for all we care. Also, h5 was gonna have no microtransactions, that was Microsoft’s idea
So they gave us the rocket launcher design that shouldn't have been changed to begin with,had armor that probably shouldve been in to begin with,and forge that's been in the game since halo 3 and somehow that makes them redeemable?people are hesitant and cautious because of how halo 4 and halo 5 turned out,and we have a right to be
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6