Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

halo infinite wont have real money loot boxes!

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Ill believe it when the game drops. Does anyone one else remember chief in a cape???........ Great advertising 343. I just don't believe u anymore.
That isnʻt a good reason to not like 343i. Did you see Master chief jump into a group of Brutes and wraiths in Halo 3 teaser trailer? That did not happen. But that doesʻnt mean we should hate on Bungie and distrust them for that.
in a halo 3 trailer we see chief die as well, never happened.
What trailer is that? I have no idea what youre talking about.
ROBERTO jh wrote:
Ubernubeslayer2 has a point and I was gonna say something along the same lines but shorter.

Basically, all you can take this news for is what it says. What I'm certain this will result in though is microsoft/343 finding an alternative way to monetize and make extra profit from the game. What this will be we still have yet to see and could end up being even worse than the REQ packs we had in Halo 5.
Being certain of this, it really kills any hype I would otherwise have for the game… We'll just have to wait and see what they end up doing..
Warframe is a free game that has microtransactions for every single piece of loot in the game--with the alternative method of acquiring the loot being grinding for mats and then waiting for literally days while it's being constructed--and you have to buy all the cosmetics. Yet the game is worshipped the world over for being one of the best possible microtransaction systems in the industry. The reason for this is simply that everything you're buying--should you choose too--you get as a guarantee. It's not loot boxes, it's an open window store that shows you the item, the stats (if its a weapon/Warframe) and how to acquire it with building materials if you want to opt out of paying for it. The trade off for this is that all of the content updates are free, which is the direction Halo 5 was already heading in--the only difference was Halo 5 had actual loot boxes, albeit ones that were sectioned off into a single tertiary game mode. It was experimental, and was largely inoffensive, but imperfect. Now that we have assurances that Infinite won't have loot boxes (IE random purchases) then the only logical conclusion is that the microtransactions will be more like Warframe's, because it's either loot boxes or not.

Infinite being more of an open world online game was something we all should've seen coming given the trend set by games like Warframe and Destiny. These kinds of games are best supported by some kind of additional monetization system, given the scope of them. But numerous other games have also proven that it can be done fairly. Unless 343i have somehow blinded themselves entirely to the progress made by games like Warframe, Division, and even Destiny in perfecting their content formula, we shouldn't be so pessimistic.
Yes, except I've grown a distaste for games that try to make you grind for hours on end. While this is actually a likely route for Halo to take and perhaps the 'best case scenario' it might not be for me.. Depends… There are much better things to do in life than grinding for hours on end for a single piece of gear.. After playing Destiny 1 I admit I've very much enjoyed the experience but it was incredibly time consuming and I decided enough was enough. Still play it occasionally but I've decided to stay away from any other games that aspire to do the same and regardless of whether it possibly takes the Warframe or Destiny route I probably still won't partake.
I understand not everyone will agree but thought I might as well put it out there.
Ill believe it when the game drops. Does anyone one else remember chief in a cape???........ Great advertising 343. I just don't believe u anymore.
That isnʻt a good reason to not like 343i. Did you see Master chief jump into a group of Brutes and wraiths in Halo 3 teaser trailer? That did not happen. But that doesʻnt mean we should hate on Bungie and distrust them for that.
in a halo 3 trailer we see chief die as well, never happened.
What trailer is that? I have no idea what youre talking about.
already answered that, Believe, but I had remembered it wrong so please disregard my previous comment
Ok even if this was true, what does removing money from the equation fix?
Ok the nefarious spending tactic is gone, but what about the fact that no piece of armour is different from the other?
Common, rare, legendary, you get them all from the same place with the main dealing factor being Luck.
That guy got his armour set by being lucky, how is he different from me in common armour?

Why would they implement a randomized system that alienates any value from in-game items and not charge for it?
That doesn't make sense. That's like making the prestige pass that unlocks you access to the first class package, only it's free to everyone...
It's annoying but it's free?
I should be mad, but it's free so why would they even bother making a pay option? I'm confused.

Lootboxes in themselves are a problem, free or not.
Did 343 even say that they'll add loot boxes at all?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6