Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite XB1 Scarlet Launch Title

OP Fully Skully

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
At Microsoft's E3 press conference Phil said they were deep into developing the next Xbox and by the wording it sounds like it's another XB1 iteration, meaning most likely just more power which would make the XB1/XB1S the lowest tier, XB1X the mid grade, and this new Scarlet console (thats the codename) the high end version. Now there's word that Scarlet is coming in 2020. If that is all on the dot and HI is still going to be in development for a good while yet, I wonder of they're planning to release it as a Scarlet launch title? Meaning we'd still be waiting over 2 years for HI.

Think it's possible?
They'd lose money doing this. Not everybody wants 4K technology right now. I could understand buying a new console because the Xbox One (low tier) is unable to run the new Engine but that isnt the case.

That would also mean buying a 4K monitor or TV just so you can actually reap the benefits of the new console technology.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:
They'd lose money doing this. Not everybody wants 4K technology right now. I could understand buying a new console because the Xbox One (low tier) is unable to run the new Engine but that isnt the case.

That would also mean buying a 4K monitor or TV just so you can actually reap the benefits of the new console technology.
Isn’t that the purpose of the One X? The “ultimate” 4k console?” An so far they haven’t lost money. Also we are still in the transition phase. It’s not that people “don’t want 4k”, it’s just that they don’t have the money. But by the time the Next Box comes out 4k TVs have lowered in prices.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure I saw Frankie say somewhere it's going to be current gen. Buuuuut that doesn't mean they can't put it on both.
I doubt it. Scarlet is most likely dropping 2020.
Infinite is going to run on current gen consoles
I'm not gonna have to buy another console to play this am I? It will still run on a regular Xbox one right? (Maybe not as well as shown at e3 but thats perfectly fine as long as its playable) Because I can buy a game but I don't think I can buy another console, atleast not anytime soon
I believe MS is going the PC route so this new engine 343 has made will be scalable. The game will come out for the Xbox one (x) but when the new Xbox comes out the graphics will be enhanced even further than its Xbox one x cousin.

I believe all future Xbox games will be up to the developer to work on Xbox one OG but all will be Xbox one x and scarlet compatible. That's being said all Xbox 360 and Xbox one Games will be compatible on future xboxes. Kind of like mobile.
Scarlet is the next-gen Xbox. I think that Halo Infinite will release on both Xbox One and the next Xbox.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:

They already succeeded with this kind of thing with the XB1X. This would just be another upgrade, if it is in fact part if the XB1 family.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure I saw Frankie say somewhere it's going to be current gen. Buuuuut that doesn't mean they can't put it on both.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's an XB1 game, but I'm thinking this Scarlet console is just another XB1 upgrade, like the XB1X but taken a step further.
stckrboy wrote:
Right but if Scarlet is part of the XB1 family and not a traditional next gen console it would be on there too.
RABIH117 wrote:
I believe MS is going the PC route so this new engine 343 has made will be scalable. The game will come out for the Xbox one (x) but when the new Xbox comes out the graphics will be enhanced even further than its Xbox one x cousin.

I believe all future Xbox games will be up to the developer to work on Xbox one OG but all will be Xbox one x and scarlet compatible. That's being said all Xbox 360 and Xbox one Games will be compatible on future xboxes. Kind of like mobile.
Interesting. So you think developers will start forgetting about making their games playable on the XB1/XB1S and move onto XB1X and Scarlet soon? If so they better be coming out with some major price drops lol XB1X is a whopping $600 in Canada, that's quite expensive for a soon to be mandatory Xbox console.
Scarlet is the next-gen Xbox. I think that Halo Infinite will release on both Xbox One and the next Xbox.
Do you think Scarlet will be part of the XB1 family or a completely new traditional generation leap, meaning developers would stop developing for XB1 family soon after Scarlet launch?
Do you think Scarlet will be part of the XB1 family or a completely new traditional generation leap, meaning developers would stop developing for XB1 family soon after Scarlet launch?
I think it’s gonna be a wholey new console, the traditional generation leap. I do think Halo Infinite will be cross-gen.
I'm not gonna have to buy another console to play this am I? It will still run on a regular Xbox one right? (Maybe not as well as shown at e3 but thats perfectly fine as long as its playable) Because I can buy a game but I don't think I can buy another console, atleast not anytime soon
I'm pretty sure HI will be on XB1. The question is if Scarlet is just part of the XB1 family or is it a brand new console.
stckrboy wrote:
Right but if Scarlet is part of the XB1 family and not a traditional next gen console it would be on there too.
Oh yeah, I was mostly addressing those that might think Infinite was going to skip over X1 / X1X and not be available on those consoles.
Also, please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks :)
It will be primarily for Xbox One family it seems, and be cross gen for whatever the new console will be.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8qa11f/halo_infinite_is_a_current_gen_game/
Frankie confirmed that Halo Infinite will be for Xbox One. Having a next gen console release title is way too soon right now as the Xbox One can still handle itself for a good while.
RABIH117 wrote:

Interesting. So you think developers will start forgetting about making their games playable on the XB1/XB1S and move onto XB1X and Scarlet soon? If so they better be coming out with some major price drops lol XB1X is a whopping $600 in Canada, that's quite expensive for a soon to be mandatory Xbox console.
I think that's what MS intends to do with future support of games. Now who knows when scarlet it coming out and it's prob a while. This is just my thoughts when I analyze the way they speak about the future of Xbox being incremental jumps on hardware similiar to mobile. Steve Spencer mentioned a couple of things making it seem Xbox was becoming like a PC where things will be a family. I do believe though that the next Xbox will seem Xbox one OG and S obsolete. The Xbox one x will be the new Xbox one S and scarlet will be like the Xbox one x.
Halo infinite though is an Xbox one title. But in the future when Xbox scarlet comes out I believe all Xbox 360 and Xbox one Games will be backwards compatible on it.
Obviously I don't work for MS and I'm not insider so it's just a theory
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2