Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite XB1 Scarlet Launch Title

OP Fully Skully

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
RABIH117 wrote:
I believe MS is going the PC route so this new engine 343 has made will be scalable. The game will come out for the Xbox one (x) but when the new Xbox comes out the graphics will be enhanced even further than its Xbox one x cousin.

I believe all future Xbox games will be up to the developer to work on Xbox one OG but all will be Xbox one x and scarlet compatible. That's being said all Xbox 360 and Xbox one Games will be compatible on future xboxes. Kind of like mobile.
I think you are on track with this. I'm just curious whether or not they will allow devs to ditch the OG Xbone and still develop for the X. I bought the X, and would be pretty annoyed if it only lasts 3 years on the market.
But the official page for halo infinite on the Xbox website says the platforms are Xbox One and Windows 10.
yes i think its going to be.. gives them time to get it right and be creative and not feel rushed...

THIS WILL BE A GREAT CONSOLE RELEASE

make it happen.. this is most likely what they are doing.. xbox is back! and what a great feel too

no offense to anyone but im tired of ppl complaining about it xbox one OG is old and garbage now! get rid of it please lets move on already jeez.. it says xbox one but it should be scarlet and maybe onex release.. im getting rid of my x for new xbox on day one!
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:
They'd lose money doing this. Not everybody wants 4K technology right now. I could understand buying a new console because the Xbox One (low tier) is unable to run the new Engine but that isnt the case.

That would also mean buying a 4K monitor or TV just so you can actually reap the benefits of the new console technology.
Isn’t that the purpose of the One X? The “ultimate” 4k console?” An so far they haven’t lost money. Also we are still in the transition phase. It’s not that people “don’t want 4k”, it’s just that they don’t have the money. But by the time the Next Box comes out 4k TVs have lowered in prices.
no offense but 400 for a 4k tv is so -Yoinking!- cheap.. ppl forget quality tvs back in the day were 6 thousand dollars. ppl need to move on already 4k is the next step. ik it can be expensive especially in todays day and age. but buy a good brand and keep that tv or moniter for 10 years its a great investment.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:
They'd lose money doing this. Not everybody wants 4K technology right now. I could understand buying a new console because the Xbox One (low tier) is unable to run the new Engine but that isnt the case.

That would also mean buying a 4K monitor or TV just so you can actually reap the benefits of the new console technology.
Isn’t that the purpose of the One X? The “ultimate” 4k console?” An so far they haven’t lost money. Also we are still in the transition phase. It’s not that people “don’t want 4k”, it’s just that they don’t have the money. But by the time the Next Box comes out 4k TVs have lowered in prices.
no offense but 400 for a 4k tv is so -Yoinking!- cheap.. ppl forget quality tvs back in the day were 6 thousand dollars. ppl need to move on already 4k is the next step. ik it can be expensive especially in todays day and age. but buy a good brand and keep that tv or moniter for 10 years its a great investment.
Yeah exactly
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:

Wow....you are so far off from how the average consumer thinks. 10 years? No one expects 10 years from any tech released these days. Your'e lucky if consumers expect 5 with the rate tech advances. If standard TV is already pushing 4k and teasing 5k, 4k is not going to last 10 years. Tech is advancing at a faster rate than consumers can keep up.

Edit: seriously 6K for a TV? I am in my late 30 's and I have never seen a 6k TV that any average consumer has purchased....and I had a giant projection TV in the early 90' with LaserDisc (talk about failed tech) and it didn't cost that much.
It's confirmed to release on current gen, though naturally there's no word or hard evidence emplying it being a Scarlet title other than simple logic and the lack of a release date. You'd imagine that if the game was slated for release in 2019, Microsoft would have announced just that (they're in the tail-end of a major exclusive crysis right now) and I'd also expect to see know a little bit more about the game by now. So 2019 is almost entirely out of the question.

Obviously, they wouldn't want to launch their biggest game of the year a few months before their next major console outing when they can make the launch coincide.

I'm guessing it will be a cross-gen Launch Title. Meaning it'll be playable on the One family as well, but will come out the day Scarlet releases. It would boost sales both ways (for the console and for the game). The One had a catastrophic launch in part due to bad exclusives (Ryse, anyone?), and it never really recovered from that. For Xbox to re-enter the contest they're going to have to fire on all cylinders from the very first day, and getting Halo to launch the console a-la Halo CE would be a massive boost (especially given the very obvious parallels 343i seem to be dropping between CE and Infinite).
It's confirmed to release on current gen, though naturally there's no word or hard evidence emplying it being a Scarlet title other than simple logic and the lack of a release date. You'd imagine that if the game was slated for release in 2019, Microsoft would have announced just that (they're in the tail-end of a major exclusive crysis right now) and I'd also expect to see know a little bit more about the game by now. So 2019 is almost entirely out of the question.

Obviously, they wouldn't want to launch their biggest game of the year a few months before their next major console outing when they can make the launch coincide.

I'm guessing it will be a cross-gen Launch Title. Meaning it'll be playable on the One family as well, but will come out the day Scarlet releases. It would boost sales both ways (for the console and for the game). The One had a catastrophic launch in part due to bad exclusives (Ryse, anyone?), and it never really recovered from that. For Xbox to re-enter the contest they're going to have to fire on all cylinders from the very first day, and getting Halo to launch the console a-la Halo CE would be a massive boost (especially given the very obvious parallels 343i seem to be dropping between CE and Infinite).
Kinda off topic but I'm one of the weirdos who actually liked Ryse haha.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:

You are 100 percent right, the tvs are hella cheap compared to what they once were, and its a great investment
I'm not gonna have to buy another console to play this am I? It will still run on a regular Xbox one right? (Maybe not as well as shown at e3 but thats perfectly fine as long as its playable) Because I can buy a game but I don't think I can buy another console, atleast not anytime soon
We're talking about a product coming out in two and a half years most probably. A bit soon to get scared, don't 'ya think?^^'

Not to mention the next Xbox is rumored to offer a low budget streaming version of the Xbox platform as well. Meaning (and considering this to be true) as long as your connection is good enough you're good to go with the low cost version of Scarlet. Hell! If MS isn't out there trying to rob us it should cost less than Xbox One X even.

That said it was confirmed over and over again that Hi will come out on Xone first and foremost, even on this very tread btw. So problem solved I would say! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2