Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

halo infinite xbox one

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Will get it on Scarlett when they both launch.
I know I'm getting Scarlet and Infinite together on day 1. Maybe the Infinite Scarlet edition (most definitely)
I don't know yet. I'll definitely get the game when it comes out at launch, but Idk if it will be on the One or Scarlet (or Lockhart). It being on Xbox One has confused me a bit since some places only say it for the S and X, but the S is just a slim base model. So hopefully it is good for the base as well.
I don't know yet. I'll definitely get the game when it comes out at launch, but Idk if it will be on the One or Scarlet (or Lockhart). It being on Xbox One has confused me a bit since some places only say it for the S and X, but the S is just a slim base model. So hopefully it is good for the base as well.
if it would work on the S its gonna work on the base xbox one as well as they are basically the same except one is smaller and has features the base doesn't like 4k streaming
I'm just gonna get it for PC at this point, and with how quick the new console cycle seems to be rolling it it might just be a better decision overall to get a PC or upgrade an old rig; at least if the price point is as high as I am expecting it to be.
What do you mean? The console cycle is like once every 8-9 years. The xbox one came out in 2013. The new console comes out at the end of next year. So thats 8 years. You are going to have to upgrade your pc more often than your xbox.
I'm just gonna get it for PC at this point, and with how quick the new console cycle seems to be rolling it it might just be a better decision overall to get a PC or upgrade an old rig; at least if the price point is as high as I am expecting it to be.
Lol, what? The xbox one will be 7 years old by the time the next xbox come out.
Put it this way, the last console cycle lasted over a decade. And, set a precedent for that. Like it or not. And, even then, consoles back then were definitely cheaper than they are this generation. Based on cost, and the gap between changes in technology it would be both cheaper and more efficient overall to just build/upgrade a gaming PC opposed to getting an entirely new console.

And, as someone who owns a gaming PC; it's a myth that you have to upgrade every year or two. And, even then, if you do go that route; and choose to upgrade one piece at a time every few years; it's still more cost effective and easier to budget for than the lump sum of a $400-$600 console. And, even then, there are multiple ranges of gameplay and options I can go for. I can forsake framerate if I want for FPS with a lower resolution, I can change and remove certain visual options from my games if I want to as well (example: Motion Blur, one of the most god awful things ever introduced to game visuals.) All of these options can factor in to what hardware I choose to buy.

I'm not stuck at whatever I get from the dev until the end of time or they update their game. The only game on console I am aware of that gives me at least a moderate level of control over my visual options is Warframe. I have upgraded my PC which I have owned since before the start of this cycle *twice* throughout the entirety of this console cycle, and that was due to a mistake building it in the first place and my choice over necessity. Those upgrades cost me maybe $270 total, and that cost was spread out over three years. Even then, my PC will still be good through the launch of the next console cycle and a few years after most likely. Where, then, I'll have to spend a little more to upgrade it incrementally.

And, also on the discussion of savings; I don't have to pay $40-$60 a year for Xbox Live Gold if I don't want to. More, if you don't get a year sub. If you've had Gold since the launch of the current cycle, you'll realistically have spent at minimum in the realm of $320 just for the ability to play the games you already own online.

And, before anyone pulls out the whole bias thing which they inevitably do with PC/Console discussions; I currently own an Xbox One, and a Nintendo switch on top of many other consoles.

Overall, it's just a better experience.
You do realize that the 360 was released only 4 years after the OG Xbox, right? There was no precedent set here, the consoles come out when the market dictates they should. Also, the Xbox One came out 8 years after the xbox 360, not 10, so there's that. Infact, the Xbox One will only be replaced one year earlier in it's lifecycle than the 360, so it's laughable that you would bring up the time between consoles. The rest of your post is all opinion that doesn't align with reality, and that's why consoles sell as well as they do. By the way, just because you own several consoles, doesn't mean you aren't biased, the drivel in your post proves you are. In the end, go ahead and enjoy your PC, the rest of us will be having a blast on XBL with our friends on the next gen console.
The actual monetary cost of pc upgrades VS purchasing a new console are reality. I don't get why people with clear console bias always get upset when someone who owns a PC tells them the reality of the situation.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum, I used to even be on the side that console was the better way to go. Going through my post history on this site alone might even show that.

I don't get why you're trying to invalidate my post by calling it drivel either. You don't have to get offended or upset by it, there's absolutely no need to start getting nasty and uncivil because you don't agree.

And, precedents are set from generation to generation and game to game. It's an expectation by the people. This forum is evidence of that, the disagreements of deviation from past Halo designs and the precedents they set are a thing on their own.

Disagree all you like, it's your right. But, don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm right. Incremental PC upgrades are more cost efficient overall than both a yearly online subscription and an entirely new console. And, PC offers a more customizable and generally better experience over all due to sheer options. More options, is always a better experience when it comes to gaming.
Depends how much of a difference there is between the Scarlett version and the One X version.
Feel like my One X hasn't really been used to its full potential yet
Personally hyped for scarlett. Xbox really cleaned up their act with the S and one X, the original black VCR of an Xbox one was a complete nightmare but i'm confident that Microsoft has realized their mistakes and will truly make something memorable. Defiantly picking up on launch day!
I've been wondering this myself. I'm gonna need more information, i.e. how much Scarlett will cost, and what the differences are between the XB1 and Scarlett versions. If it's just a matter of graphical fidelity i.e. 1080P for XB1 vs 4K/8K for Scarlett, and if Scarlett is pricey enough on launch, I'll probably just stick with XB1.

OTOH, if the Scarlett version has exclusive features, that might motivate me to just upgrade and be done with it, since I know I'll get Scarlett eventually.

(It's nice to be an adult with a credit card, LOL. I remember the days as a kid when a new system came out, frantically doing extra chores for cash and asking my relatives for gift money at birthdays and holidays!)
most likely will be just resolutions its essentially Microsoft pulling a Nintendo cause this is like how Zelda breath of the wild launched for wii u/switch
It will be more than just resolution, SSD's will make installing and loading a lot faster, I'm worried for Xbox Day One and Xbox S players. The game will look dreadful on old consoles if the gap between Day One and X is anything to go by, S might be ok. Having more power makes a massive difference from my experience. I have a Day One, S and X in this house. The Day One does not compare at all, watch Digital Foundry too, they're excellent for gaming tech comparison. The best way to play Halo Infinite will be Scarlett or PC imo.
eviltedi wrote:
I've been wondering this myself. I'm gonna need more information, i.e. how much Scarlett will cost, and what the differences are between the XB1 and Scarlett versions. If it's just a matter of graphical fidelity i.e. 1080P for XB1 vs 4K/8K for Scarlett, and if Scarlett is pricey enough on launch, I'll probably just stick with XB1.

OTOH, if the Scarlett version has exclusive features, that might motivate me to just upgrade and be done with it, since I know I'll get Scarlett eventually.

(It's nice to be an adult with a credit card, LOL. I remember the days as a kid when a new system came out, frantically doing extra chores for cash and asking my relatives for gift money at birthdays and holidays!)
most likely will be just resolutions its essentially Microsoft pulling a Nintendo cause this is like how Zelda breath of the wild launched for wii u/switch
It will be more than just resolution, SSD's will make installing and loading a lot faster, I'm worried for Xbox Day One and Xbox S players. The game will look dreadful on old consoles if the gap between Day One and X is anything to go by, S might be ok. Having more power makes a massive difference from my experience. I have a Day One, S and X in this house. The Day One does not compare at all, watch Digital Foundry too, they're excellent for gaming tech comparison. The best way to play Halo Infinite will be Scarlett or PC imo.
They claim it will take advantage of the untapped power of the xbox one family so I wouldn't be too worried plus they have to keep the base model in mind as well
What do you mean? The console cycle is like once every 8-9 years. The xbox one came out in 2013. The new console comes out at the end of next year. So thats 8 years. You are going to have to upgrade your pc more often than your xbox.
Lol, what? The xbox one will be 7 years old by the time the next xbox come out.
Put it this way, the last console cycle lasted over a decade. And, set a precedent for that. Like it or not. And, even then, consoles back then were definitely cheaper than they are this generation. Based on cost, and the gap between changes in technology it would be both cheaper and more efficient overall to just build/upgrade a gaming PC opposed to getting an entirely new console.

And, as someone who owns a gaming PC; it's a myth that you have to upgrade every year or two. And, even then, if you do go that route; and choose to upgrade one piece at a time every few years; it's still more cost effective and easier to budget for than the lump sum of a $400-$600 console. And, even then, there are multiple ranges of gameplay and options I can go for. I can forsake framerate if I want for FPS with a lower resolution, I can change and remove certain visual options from my games if I want to as well (example: Motion Blur, one of the most god awful things ever introduced to game visuals.) All of these options can factor in to what hardware I choose to buy.

I'm not stuck at whatever I get from the dev until the end of time or they update their game. The only game on console I am aware of that gives me at least a moderate level of control over my visual options is Warframe. I have upgraded my PC which I have owned since before the start of this cycle *twice* throughout the entirety of this console cycle, and that was due to a mistake building it in the first place and my choice over necessity. Those upgrades cost me maybe $270 total, and that cost was spread out over three years. Even then, my PC will still be good through the launch of the next console cycle and a few years after most likely. Where, then, I'll have to spend a little more to upgrade it incrementally.

And, also on the discussion of savings; I don't have to pay $40-$60 a year for Xbox Live Gold if I don't want to. More, if you don't get a year sub. If you've had Gold since the launch of the current cycle, you'll realistically have spent at minimum in the realm of $320 just for the ability to play the games you already own online.

And, before anyone pulls out the whole bias thing which they inevitably do with PC/Console discussions; I currently own an Xbox One, and a Nintendo switch on top of many other consoles.

Overall, it's just a better experience.
You do realize that the 360 was released only 4 years after the OG Xbox, right? There was no precedent set here, the consoles come out when the market dictates they should. Also, the Xbox One came out 8 years after the xbox 360, not 10, so there's that. Infact, the Xbox One will only be replaced one year earlier in it's lifecycle than the 360, so it's laughable that you would bring up the time between consoles. The rest of your post is all opinion that doesn't align with reality, and that's why consoles sell as well as they do. By the way, just because you own several consoles, doesn't mean you aren't biased, the drivel in your post proves you are. In the end, go ahead and enjoy your PC, the rest of us will be having a blast on XBL with our friends on the next gen console.
The actual monetary cost of pc upgrades VS purchasing a new console are reality. I don't get why people with clear console bias always get upset when someone who owns a PC tells them the reality of the situation.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum, I used to even be on the side that console was the better way to go. Going through my post history on this site alone might even show that.

I don't get why you're trying to invalidate my post by calling it drivel either. You don't have to get offended or upset by it, there's absolutely no need to start getting nasty and uncivil because you don't agree.

And, precedents are set from generation to generation and game to game. It's an expectation by the people. This forum is evidence of that, the disagreements of deviation from past Halo designs and the precedents they set are a thing on their own.

Disagree all you like, it's your right. But, don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm right. Incremental PC upgrades are more cost efficient overall than both a yearly online subscription and an entirely new console. And, PC offers a more customizable and generally better experience over all due to sheer options. More options, is always a better experience when it comes to gaming.
I build PCs, my latest is a moderate 4k video editing rig. The fact is, consoles are vastly more economical in the short and long run generally, and they have other benefits not shared by PC. I'm not upset, I'm merely calling you out on your BS.

Your post wasn't valid IMO, so I didn't invalidate it, I just called it what it was. That's not nasty or uncivil, that's just reality.

You are just being silly now by trying to change the topic from your original claim that a precedent of a 10 year life cycle was set by the time between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox one, you said nothing about Halo until I debunked your claim. Here's the reality, no precedent has been set, and you just admitted it. A precedent would mean nothing changed generation to generation, if it changes, then there is no precedent, and things have changed.

You are wrong, full stop. Incremental PC upgrades are not a relevant factor IMO. The old tired online subscription argument hasn't held water since the late 2000s, and PC customizeability is not necessarily a pro, in fact, I consider it a con as it makes the playing field uneven, which is a bad thing as it raises the cost of entry for new gamers looking to buy or build a competitive PC. With a console, you just grab one of the shelf, load a game, and play with a bunch of people who have the same hardware as you. Of course, you can always add RGB to your console if that's your thing.
it depends on what i see of the game before the release. if i like the shown gameplay and the extra monetization isn't just another manipulative scheme to get more money (which kind of means no MTs at all, but we'll see), than i will get it along with the scarlett.
if i don't like the shown gameplay and there are heavy MTs, I'll wait for reviews (which i might do anyway) and I will get it on the xbox one (used if it is really bad).

in any case: no preorder from me.
WSerg wrote:
it depends on what i see of the game before the release. if i like the shown gameplay and the extra monetization isn't just another manipulative scheme to get more money (which kind of means no MTs at all, but we'll see), than i will get it along with the scarlett.
if i don't like the shown gameplay and there are heavy MTs, I'll wait for reviews (which i might do anyway) and I will get it on the xbox one (used if it is really bad).

in any case: no preorder from me.
not to mention you cant preorder it anyway right now least to my knowledge
eviltedi wrote:

They claim it will take advantage of the untapped power of the xbox one family so I wouldn't be too worried plus they have to keep the base model in mind as well
What untapped power of the Xbox One family ? Also I'm worried because they have to keep the base Xbox One in mind. I played PUBG and many other games on my Day One console, it cannot cope. How will that benefit Halo Infinite ? It will hold it back if anything.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

What untapped power of the Xbox One family ? Also I'm worried because they have to keep the base Xbox One in mind. I played PUBG and many other games on my Day One console, it cannot cope. How will that benefit Halo Infinite ? It will hold it back if anything.
I doubt Microsoft would let their flagship franchise like halo run badly on any of their consoles it would make no sense I would imagine xbox one users would be pissed at 343i and Microsoft and that's the last thing they need right now
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

also about untapped power? I have no idea im not a game developer so I have no idea I have faith in 343i this game is likely gonna push the one to its limits like halo 4 did for the xbox 360
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3