Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite

OP X11 XOMAN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I believe the low ammo count may be a deliberate design choice.

Has anybody played Zelda: Breath of the Wild? One of its most controversial mechanics is breakable weapons. Pretty much any sword will break in a dozen swings or so. And I'll admit that that kind of sucks when you lose your best weapons, but I believe there are a few good reasons why the game was designed this way: 1) you're forced to experiment with all weapons in the sandbox and 2) cool weapons are often the rewards you get for exploration and challenges -- and it wouldn't be as rewarding to get a weapon you already own.

I believe low ammo is the Halo Infinite equivalent to Zelda's breakable weapons, they don't want you to carry a shotgun and a sniper rifle for the whole game and when you manage to get your hands in one of your favorite weapons it will feel special.
But the weapons mean nothing if you have to not use them in order to keep them. Weapons shouldn't break. They should lose effectiveness, even 50% effectiveness, but you should be able to shine them/cast a rejuvenation potion/some sort of process that uses consumables to get them back to 100%. How are you gonna have a master sword that breaks? That's dumb as hell. The only weapons that should break are wooden weapons.

I do remember Halo CE very much being the pistol & AR the entire game and then only swapping out the AR for a sniper, shotgun or rocket launcher, but mostly just those 5 the entire game. I do agree with that aspect, but Zelda was bad game design because it destroyed the concept of progression.

Has anybody played Zelda: Breath of the Wild? One of its most controversial mechanics is breakable weapons. Pretty much any sword will break in a dozen swings or so. And I'll admit that that kind of sucks when you lose your best weapons, but I believe there are a few good reasons why the game was designed this way: 1) you're forced to experiment with all weapons in the sandbox and 2) cool weapons are often the rewards you get for exploration and challenges -- and it wouldn't be as rewarding to get a weapon you already own.

I believe low ammo is the Halo Infinite equivalent to Zelda's breakable weapons, they don't want you to carry a shotgun and a sniper rifle for the whole game and when you manage to get your hands in one of your favorite weapons it will feel special.
But the weapons mean nothing if you have to not use them in order to keep them. Weapons shouldn't break. They should lose effectiveness, even 50% effectiveness, but you should be able to shine them/cast a rejuvenation potion/some sort of process that uses consumables to get them back to 100%. How are you gonna have a master sword that breaks? That's dumb as hell. The only weapons that should break are wooden weapons.

I do remember Halo CE very much being the pistol & AR the entire game and then only swapping out the AR for a sniper, shotgun or rocket launcher, but mostly just one of those 5 the entire game. I do agree with that aspect, but Zelda was bad game design because it destroyed the concept of progression.
I will agree with you that the breakable weapons in Breath of the Wild were a weird design choice, although throughout much of the game you didn’t really struggle to find new weapons or swords to replace the ones that broke. There also really weren’t anything in the way of epic or legendary weapons besides the Master Sword which was unbreakable. The only downside to the Master Sword was you could only use it on Ganon consistently; anyone else and you could get maybe two or three swings before you dropped it for whatever reason.

Going back to Halo though, I do hope that they have at least some decent ammo pickups during the course of the game so you can stay topped off. At least your weapon can’t break down so if you really wanted to lean on one weapon you could always hold it in reserve and switch your other weapon, which is not an ideal solution but at least that’s an option.

I understand for zelda, but this is halo imagine fighting like 8 brutes in the middle of the ring, the ar is gonna run low out of ammo with like 2 or 3 brutes and the pistol is.... a pistol, you will be with a banished weapon with like 40 rounds, not a very good thing in a halo game.
I like the idea of guns having less starting ammo but with a large ammunition cap. It would reward poking around and could also be cool if you could store extra guns and ammunition in Pelican Echo - 216.
More starting ammo could be something you can get in the upgrades (that section we saw on the minimap in halo infinite gameplay trailer).

I understand for zelda, but this is halo imagine fighting like 8 brutes in the middle of the ring, the ar is gonna run low out of ammo with like 2 or 3 brutes and the pistol is.... a pistol, you will be with a banished weapon with like 40 rounds, not a very good thing in a halo game.
I like the idea of guns having less starting ammo but with a large ammunition cap. It would reward poking around and could also be cool if you could store extra guns and ammunition in Pelican Echo - 216.
More starting ammo could be something you can get in the upgrades (that section we saw on the minimap in halo infinite gameplay trailer).
True but I seriously doubt they will have more starting ammo as an upgrade because this is 343 Industries after all
X11 XOMAN wrote:

True but I seriously doubt they will have more starting ammo as an upgrade because this is 343 Industries after all
haha a 343 joke how original hahahahahahhahahahahhaaha
600 ammo in the assault rifle in Halo CE you never ran out of that gun LOL
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2