OP TYRELL zx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
While details are sparse, from the teaser I’d say it looks good. Halo’s heading back to its roots and I put it’s open worldness simply down to a hint at a much more open game given us more freedom to explore a ring etc. Halo CE-Reach hell even 4 and 5 are pretty tight linear games and it’s my hope that the openness of this teaser is them hinting at it being a much broader, free’er experience. I’m thinking of something like Halo meets Far cry’s open world.

but that’s just my hope.
stckrboy wrote:
So I guess they're getting rid of numbered titles?
That was always the plan, even from before Halo 4 was announced / launched
I know they talked about moving away from numbered titles after Halo 5, but I figured they would still finish the reclaimer trilogy with "Halo 6: Insert Subtitle Here" before dropping the numbered installments.
I'm cool with the title - having a number in or not having a number in doesn't make much difference to me. At the end of the day I just want to play Halo :)
I'm gonna hold my horses before I get real hype on the game or else I'm gonna be disappointed due to my unrealistic high expectations.

I'm wondering how the characters and/or events from HW2 will impact the campaign for Halo Infinite (or Halo 6 if that's the case). The artstyle looks like they're trying to respect both the classic & modern, but that's just a small snippet and what got me there is the inclusion of wildlife. It wasn't the first time Halo showcased wildlife in their E3 trailer, the first being Halo CE's E3 2000 trailer.
This delivered both brand new feelings of awe just looking at those visuals, and also a strong sense of comfortable familiarity. Hearing that iconic score when the camera pans out to that classic Mark VI helmet was what sent me straight back into the past, and ironically I couldn't be more excited for the future.
Link1201 wrote:
Hmm, I'm guessing this is a 2019 release then. I was hoping for this Fall but it gives me more time before I need a Xbox X.
There was no way it was going to be released this fall. It takes time to make the game, build hype, set it up to ship, then release. I think 4 years is a good time span.
stckrboy wrote:
I'm cool with the title - having a number in or not having a number in doesn't make much difference to me. At the end of the day I just want to play Halo :)
I agree completely, I was just saying it surprised me that they went ahead and dropped 6 from the title. They could call it Halo: The Phantom Menace as long as it looks and plays nice, which so far this looks nice.
Urgh, I want more info...........

The trailer was cool though, and older Halo art style? Also I am curious why the signaled out the engine? 343 better rock my socks off.
Interesting point: the date in the pelican monitor is 05.27.2560, we will have to research how many days or months separates this from Halo 5 and Wars 2.

In the pelican there is also a banner that says: "Fight for her" and other words, this is a reference to a similar banner in Halo 3: ODST
DoubleSama wrote:
If this is halo 6,then why the change to the in game engine?And why the change to old armor?
I don't see why it being Halo 6 has anything to do with the game engine. This may come as a shock, but there have been multiple game engines over the past Halo games. Also they mentioned it was a new armor design, not old armor specifically, so it's probably just influenced more by the older games like the rest of the art style appears to be.
If I remember correctly halo 4 and 5 ran on the same engine and halo 2 anniversary also had good in game engine,so why not use those and then just change only the art style?
The real Halo style is back baby! HOOHA!
DoubleSama wrote:
If this is halo 6,then why the change to the in game engine?And why the change to old armor?
I don't see why it being Halo 6 has anything to do with the game engine. This may come as a shock, but there have been multiple game engines over the past Halo games. Also they mentioned it was a new armor design, not old armor specifically, so it's probably just influenced more by the older games like the rest of the art style appears to be.
If I remember correctly halo 4 and 5 ran on the same engine and halo 2 anniversary also had good in game engine,so why not use those and then just change only the art style?
My guess is they're changing the direction of Halo and transforming it into an open-world (or shared world?) and the Halo engine isn't ideal for that. Let's see!
I really hope the trailer was just some eye candy to show off the slipspace engine and not the actual game. The whole wild life safari/lion king setting was really weird. The E3 audience didnt even realize it was a Halo game (no clapping or excitement)
DoubleSama wrote:
My guess is they're changing the direction of Halo and transforming it into an open-world (or shared world?) and the Halo engine isn't ideal for that. Let's see!
Then shouldn't they have just made an open world halo a spin off and kept the same engine for the fps halos?
DoubleSama wrote:
Then shouldn't they have just made an open world halo a spin off and kept the same engine for the fps halos?
The problem is exactly that Halo 4 and 5 ran on the same engine. Why would they continue to use an engine that's old by this point when they could make a new one which works even better? Also, open world doesn't mean it won't be an fps. It might not even be open world, simply "more open" than Halo 4 and 5. If you've played Halo 1-3 you should be able to see that Halo 4/5 are more linear in their campaign play styles than the original trilogy, so with the return to the classic art style, they may be trying to move back towards the openness of the original games as well.
You suggest making this one a spin-off, but really Halo 5 would have been better suited as a spin-off since only 3/15 missions followed Master Chief, the main character of the series.
DoubleSama wrote:
Dunno, we got too little information to judge frankly. All I can do is guess. :/

What's weird though, 343i basically rewrote the engine from the ground for H5G because they had no control over it (was made by Bungie after all, can't blame them) and not enough personal with a deep understanding of the software behind it. They modernized it though in the process and had a lot of potential. So changing the engine for the next main chapter of the series - especially after all that work - is what surprised me the most actually! :P
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
The problem is exactly that Halo 4 and 5 ran on the same engine. Why would they continue to use an engine that's old by this point when they could make a new one which works even better? Also, open world doesn't mean it won't be an fps. It might not even be open world, simply "more open" than Halo 4 and 5. If you've played Halo 1-3 you should be able to see that Halo 4/5 are more linear in their campaign play styles than the original trilogy, so with the return to the classic art style, they may be trying to move back towards the openness of the original games as well.
You suggest making this one a spin-off, but really Halo 5 would have been better suited as a spin-off since only 3/15 missions followed Master Chief, the main character of the series.
3/12 we don't count those 3 "missions" of just walking around and talking
Ehhh, nothing to say on it, shows so little other than I guess the looks of the engine. I’m wondering if this is H6 in which case it’s surprising if they are actually doing a new engine for once (I’d be curious on their motive for switching engines) or if it’s the other halo project they’ve been working on. They say they still have a long ways to go for Halo infinite so I’m leaning towards it being the side project to H6 but we’ll see 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah it feels like a spin off. But it might turn out to be the sequel to 5. I wonder if that's the halo ring which professor Anders is on in hw2.
Probably is. Installation 04C. It’s also probably the one shown in the halo 5 legendary ending
Can't escape 04.

That's like my life motto.
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
3/12 we don't count those 3 "missions" of just walking around and talking
3/12 still isn't much better. It doesn't change my logic.
The environments look mostly awesome except for the water and the rocks on the shore. The deer like creatures aren't looking that great too. I'm most disappointed by the marines and the Master Chief models, they look like the models from Halo Wars 2. What's up with Master Chief legs? Why are they so skinny? I think 343i made a huge mistake listening feedback about the art style, you can't have the old art style and make realistic graphics at the same time. I'm not fond of the Halo 5 art style too, but if I had to choose between old good art style and modern graphics I would chose the later. Whoever wanted the old art style back was wrong and this trailer prooves it. The trailer shows outdated cartoony characters which look completely out of place in that gorgeous environment. That's just bad art design. Didn't all of this start from youtubers?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5