Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Mission Maker

OP Micahronii

Now hear me out;

What if Forge had a new mode, a new kind of way to make levels. Making missions. Like, campaign missions or something like spartan ops. Like Super Mario Maker.

You can play with up to 4 players, as either your spartan, or a list of playable characters from the halo universe, all with different traits.

Depending on who you play, you get options such as scripted voice lines from a set, or different first person animations.

This of course would come with the ability to place enemies, organize custom 'cutscenes' mid-game, and access to assets from all of halo infinite, along with tools made-specific for this mode for accessibility.

Then, file share, of course. Download other players' missions from online, or play through custom campaigns; A collection of up to 10 maps from one creator.

Just thought it was a cool idea.

What are your thoughts, internet?
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

What if Forge had a new mode, a new kind of way to make levels. Making missions. Like, campaign missions or something like spartan ops. Like Super Mario Maker.

You can play with up to 4 players, as either your spartan, or a list of playable characters from the halo universe, all with different traits.

Depending on who you play, you get options such as scripted voice lines from a set, or different first person animations.

This of course would come with the ability to place enemies, organize custom 'cutscenes' mid-game, and access to assets from all of halo infinite, along with tools made-specific for this mode for accessibility.

Then, file share, of course. Download other players' missions from online, or play through custom campaigns; A collection of up to 10 maps from one creator.

I think it’s great. Perhaps, there could also be a system that lets you record your own voice lines? But, that would be very easy to abuse, so maybe not.
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

I think it’s great. Perhaps, there could also be a system that lets you record your own voice lines? But, that would be very easy to abuse, so maybe not.
Sounds kinda like what 343 did when making Halo Spartan Ops. Perhaps we should be allowed to Forge our own Firefight and Warzone maps?
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

I've been wanting them add this since forge began in Halo 3, hell, maybe even all the way back when spark edit was still going strong. I'm not sure how voice lines would work out but at the very least they need to allow you to set up missions with enemies with customised behaviour. I just hope that if integrated modding is ever going to be added (e.g. Steam workshop, or something similar) they make it part of this.
Like a Halo "Dreams." That would be pretty cool.
That would make forge appealing to me:
-Create maps with game environment assets
-place npcs direcly on the map or in spawnpoints.
-insert simple behaviors from drop down to npcs
-trigger system and very simple scripting for forge (when character/player enters this volume or when this is destroyed/killed/activated -> then spawn this, enable that, insert this behavior to this npcs, etc)
-simple objectives that work as a trigger.

It could all be simple but allow you to create a few spartan op-like missions on exsisting campaign maps or custom made ones.

It is a lot, lot of work to do so. Especially when you need to make tools for adding npcs and defining their behaviors with a gamepad by the players.
as a forger i can say: I am all for it
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

easy to abuse, but we all know it'd be damn hilarious and memorable!
Aut0b0t117 wrote:
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

Sounds kinda like what 343 did when making Halo Spartan Ops. Perhaps we should be allowed to Forge our own Firefight and Warzone maps?
Yes! let us get creative in this field
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

Well at least finally someone would make my ODST where you drop down and have to dodge oncoming enemy fire.
Micahronii wrote:
Now hear me out;

Well at least finally someone would make my ODST where you drop down and have to dodge oncoming enemy fire.
Immersion!
While it would be a nice new feature I also question whether or not it's worth trying to implement something like that. Halo already has so many different features. I just worry that it would take important resources and personnel away from doing the best they can on other parts of Infinite. Let's assume that 343 can pull it off. In that case I'm all for it. Otherwise, I want their full attention at making the traditional matchmaking and campaign as awesome as possible. Thankfully we only have to wait roughly a month from now to get the full reveal at E3.
While it would be a nice new feature I also question whether or not it's worth trying to implement something like that. Halo already has so many different features. I just worry that it would take important resources and personnel away from doing the best they can on other parts of Infinite. Let's assume that 343 can pull it off. In that case I'm all for it. Otherwise, I want their full attention at making the traditional matchmaking and campaign as awesome as possible. Thankfully we only have to wait roughly a month from now to get the full reveal at E3.
Post-perfection content