Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo Reach style customization?

OP ODSTGandalf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think that halo infinite should have halo reach type customization and an unlock system like halo four. Does anyone agree?
I think that halo infinite should have halo reach type customization and an unlock system like halo four. Does anyone agree?
I agree or just the reach system in regards to customization in general
I'd like more of an expansion on reach's system. the method of unlocking armor is good, but as far as how much we can customize let's try and be like installation 01. although I think a number of armor pieces should be unlocked via commendations or achievements
Maybe customization points like in Halo Reach and unlocking system of Halo 3 would be optimal if infinite has mix of older styles.
The combo of reach/H3 customization & unlocking would be amazing.
I'd like more of an expansion on reach's system. the method of unlocking armor is good, but as far as how much we can customize let's try and be like installation 01. although I think a number of armor pieces should be unlocked via commendations or achievements
An expansion on Reach's system would be more like it, definitely.
Considering the fact that this is new, The least we should have is something even more then what Reach did, considering how lazy the Halo 5 customization was.
Unlockable armour sets through currency is a decent way to put value into your sets of armour, definitely.
However, not even Reach had the achievement unlocks! Or if they did, I didn't see them.
Where did they go?! I don't know many games at all nowadays that unlock armour for you if you unlock a difficult achievement within the Xbox Gamerscore menu.
This should be the method of unlocking all of the Legendary armour, or at least a good portion of it.

Only the elite of the Halo community will be able to wear these sets of armour as trophies for their efforts in doing crazy stunts, or surmounting impossible odds in the War Games, or the Campaign.

Again, currency CAN work, and it does give everything value, but knowing 343, granted the entire gaming development of this era, they will make that currency purchaseable, which still makes the price tag of armour literally valuable, but there is still a grey area as to whether the armour someone is wearing is truly worked for. This is the slight issue that For Honour has. You don't really know whether someone worked day and night gathering steel to afford that 20,000 steel mask, or paid $20.
This may be so, however It's 5x better then lootboxes because the name of the armour and it's weight is displayed unmistakably, that's for damn sure.
BUT there's still a bit of uncanny valley.

In short, I think the only real way of doing a good majority of high level, really cool armour is to make them only unlockable through achievements.
Why would they waste time putting in a commendations system if Xbox has an already working one that's been connected to games for years.
Then make every achievement creative and difficult to unlock the armour. Something that a lot of games, even my favourites haven't been doing nowadays.
Monster Hunter World's achievements literally boil down to "Hunt 500 monsters" "Hunt 5000 Monsters", "Study every monster to the maximum level". -Yoink- that just shows progression, but not any real fun stuff like "Knock out a monster using the hammer while being vaulted into the air by a teammate", or "Slay the 3 elder dragons (in separate sessions) within 5 Minutes" or hell "Complete all Key Quests with no items".
Stuff that really is hard, and some hard but fun.
It better have at least reach level customization. I feel like they can do even better than reach if they really put in the effort.
I think that you should also be able to be both an elite and a promethean soldier in Halo 6. Maybe the ability to place your emblem anywhere on the armor, and classic emblem customization.
An expansion on Reach's system would be more like it, definitely.
Considering the fact that this is new, The least we should have is something even more then what Reach did, considering how lazy the Halo 5 customization was.
Unlockable armour sets through currency is a decent way to put value into your sets of armour, definitely.
However, not even Reach had the achievement unlocks! Or if they did, I didn't see them.
Where did they go?! I don't know many games at all nowadays that unlock armour for you if you unlock a difficult achievement within the Xbox Gamerscore menu.
This should be the method of unlocking all of the Legendary armour, or at least a good portion of it.

Only the elite of the Halo community will be able to wear these sets of armour as trophies for their efforts in doing crazy stunts, or surmounting impossible odds in the War Games, or the Campaign.

Again, currency CAN work, and it does give everything value, but knowing 343, granted the entire gaming development of this era, they will make that currency purchaseable, which still makes the price tag of armour literally valuable, but there is still a grey area as to whether the armour someone is wearing is truly worked for. This is the slight issue that For Honour has. You don't really know whether someone worked day and night gathering steel to afford that 20,000 steel mask, or paid $20.
This may be so, however It's 5x better then lootboxes because the name of the armour and it's weight is displayed unmistakably, that's for damn sure.
BUT there's still a bit of uncanny valley.

In short, I think the only real way of doing a good majority of high level, really cool armour is to make them only unlockable through achievements.
Why would they waste time putting in a commendations system if Xbox has an already working one that's been connected to games for years.
Then make every achievement creative and difficult to unlock the armour. Something that a lot of games, even my favourites haven't been doing nowadays.
Monster Hunter World's achievements literally boil down to "Hunt 500 monsters" "Hunt 5000 Monsters", "Study every monster to the maximum level". -Yoink- that just shows progression, but not any real fun stuff like "Knock out a monster using the hammer while being vaulted into the air by a teammate", or "Slay the 3 elder dragons (in separate sessions) within 5 Minutes" or hell "Complete all Key Quests with no items".
Stuff that really is hard, and some hard but fun.
I agree with you, and what if you killed enough enemies like, for example: kill 100 grunts to get (armor name here) or kill 5000 soldiers to unlock promethean king armor. Maybe stuff like "kill a hunter by running it over while getting flipped over by another hunter".
i would love for halo infinite to have halo reach armor customization system, but it will need more customization options than reach.
I'd rather have Halo 4 customization.
I agree, although I think that there should be an option to play as an Elite, and they have their own armor customization.
I agree, although I think that there should be an option to play as an Elite, and they have their own armor customization.
Agreed, but i wouldn't be upset if elites didn't return.
I would be a little bit disappointed, but yeah.
I think that you should also be able to be both an elite and a promethean soldier in Halo 6. Maybe the ability to place your emblem anywhere on the armor, and classic emblem customization.
maybe not a promethean soldier
They have been absent for 8 years so i don't care any more tbh.
I at least want to be able to play as the Arbiter again
I at least want to be able to play as the Arbiter again
That's definitely something i wanna see.
I enjoyed being able to mix and match armor pieces in Reach. It's one of the few things I wouldn't mind carrying over into Infinite.
I'm guessing most people aren't too fond of the Promethean Soldier idea, but I think it would be pretty interesting. It could also take the Elite's place as 'race with least customization'. I don't think it's likely, and may be some ultimately unnecessary work, but I certainly wouldn't mind it.

Also, emblem anywhere on the armour is a cool idea. If not literally everywhere, maybe still having options to place it on head, left or right shoulder, left or right leg, or chest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3