Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo should be crossplay with m&kb

OP BANGHART

With the release of Infinite and MCC coming to P.C this is 343's biggest and possibly last chance to bring this franchise back into the forefront of gaming. They will not get another chance at this. The hype for PC release will be a huge boost, so it needs to be perfect. If it is soured than the future of halo is doomed.

So do the smart and right thing, I know they would never add m&kb support to console right now as it would deter p.c sales and thats all that matters in the fiat corporate world, but please, after your initial sales boom, do not let your communities split and dissolve over time. Bring them together with crossplay and bring halo to the m&kb. Casuals will wine and cry but they are short term low attention span anyway. cater to the hardcore competetive p.c market, they are the ones who will stick around and keep the game going for years to come. Bring Halo to the competitive p.c scene. This is a big deal and will keep the community populated and going for many more years to come. These p.c releases are litterally the only hope of saving this slowly dying franchise.
I'm a bit confused by what exactly you want. You want crossplay between xbox and pc, but at the same time you think anyone playing on console is a casual and that pc is the future of the game. Doesn't that mean you don't want crossplay? Wouldn't you want pc to be separate?

Also you can already play with mouse and keyboard on xbox one.
BANGHART wrote:
With the release of Infinite and MCC coming to P.C this is 343's biggest and possibly last chance to bring this franchise back into the forefront of gaming. They will not get another chance at this. The hype for PC release will be a huge boost, so it needs to be perfect. If it is soured than the future of halo is doomed.

So do the smart and right thing, I know they would never add m&kb support to console right now as it would deter p.c sales and thats all that matters in the fiat corporate world, but please, after your initial sales boom, do not let your communities split and dissolve over time. Bring them together with crossplay and bring halo to the m&kb. Casuals will wine and cry but they are short term low attention span anyway. cater to the hardcore competetive p.c market, they are the ones who will stick around and keep the game going for years to come. Bring Halo to the competitive p.c scene. This is a big deal and will keep the community populated and going for many more years to come. These p.c releases are litterally the only hope of saving this slowly dying franchise.
If you watch MLG (Major League Gaming), or THWC (The Halo World Championship) currently , I'm pretty sure competitive Halo has never been played with m&kb. I know there are competitive communities on PC , and there is no doubt , that crowd would prefer m&kb , but Halo wasn't built for "The Master Race" , it was built for consoles. I highly doubt they are going to alienate the whole console fan-base , in the hopes PC will bring a comparable or greater number. It worked out so well for advanced movement mechanics.
So all console gamers are casual? Well, that is a dumb thing to say.
BANGHART wrote:
So do the smart and right thing, I know they would never add m&kb support to console right now as it would deter p.c sales and thats all that matters in the fiat corporate world, but please, after your initial sales boom, do not let your communities split and dissolve over time.
Don't know where you got that idea from. There are already trials on the go with KB and M on console, Microsoft have a deal with Razer in place too. I expect the console games to have KB and M at some point. It'll be up to the devs to implement it, but it will happen imo, some games work better with KB and M.
BANGHART wrote:

I think you will find most Halo gamers on console will kick m&kb players collective buts. I think Halo will play better on console because that is it's roots. Remember Halo isn't always about who is faster targeting but who has better aim. You gotta keep a steady target and shoot fast while continuosly moving in unpredictable fashions to win a gun battle. I hope you enjoy all those mechanics with you mouse and keyboard.
As far as I'm concerned cross-play should only exist in campaign and custom games.
Just play it on PC if you want mouse and KB support.
BANGHART wrote:
Casuals will wine and cry but they are short term low attention span anyway. cater to the hardcore competetive p.c market, they are the ones who will stick around and keep the game going for years to come. Bring Halo to the competitive p.c scene. This is a big deal and will keep the community populated and going for many more years to come. These p.c releases are litterally the only hope of saving this slowly dying franchise.
You had me until this part, you're just demeaning groups of people based on arbitrary reasons like what control input they prefer using.
Bah, console scum! For real though, Halo will do just fine regardless of which platform it’s on. But first, it needs to be a good game. CE wasn’t successful because it made it to PC, but rather the other way around. Anyway, MS is committed to bringing exclusives to PC as well. If the other franchises like Gears and Forza are any indication, Infinite will be a Play Anywhere title so there will likely be at least some form of crossplay.
Competitive Halo has been played on console with controllers for nearly two decades. Why would that be entirely tossed out the window for m&k? It literally makes no sense. Competitive players will play on whatever they want.
Crossplay should be optional in multiplayer modes. It's fine In something like story mode co-op or firefight for obvious reasons, but multiplayer modes like BTB or Team Slayer should be optional.

There will be a lot of people that won't want to play against M/KB players and I understand why. Not only that but cheating will be easier on the computer version. So 343I have the work cut out for them there to keep things in check.

With Halo going to PC, I seriously think Xbox has just killed their console sales as so many people we'll just get Halo for their computer now. It also frustrates me that all the console exclusive games are going to PC but what do Xbox console gamers get? Nothing... absolutely nothing!!! If every Xbox console game is going to PC why isn't every PC game going to Xbox? I can honestly say that I'm pretty bitter over this and I know a lot other people are too. I seriously question even buying the next Xbox now as I'm seeing less and less reason too. Sorry to get off top of there a bit but it just really frustrates me.