Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Harbinger is the didact theory

OP BroodGuitar3757

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I wonder if harbinger is the didact. It would explain why the unsc infinity was so easily defeated. Let's face it since the post war unsc most of the covenant remnant have been getting there bakc sides kicked. Even the banished on ark have been getting there -Yoinks!- handed to them by the spirit of fire so it would have taken a combined effort of these two forces to have beaten the unsc so easily.
Pretty sure the Didact got Composed so if he's back it would be because Cortana decided to bring him back, and I question why she would do that
Pretty sure the Didact got Composed so if he's back it would be because Cortana decided to bring him back, and I question why she would do that
There's an alternative to Cortana controlling the Didact. And it's that the Didact is actually pulling the strings behind the scenes, making Cortana believe she is the one in control, while in reality she's enforcing the Didact's original intention of defeating humanity.

This is similar to the Gravemind theory, wherein he's the one pulling the strings, letting Cortana weaken the galaxy for his eventual return.
Possibly, it would be interesting to see the Didactic return.
However with Infinite being a soft reboot I don’t know if they’d want a returning villain from a previous game, especially considering Halo 4 was so long ago.

With the Didactic still not confirmed to be dead it’s possible we could see him return in the future though I’m not sure it’ll be in Infinite’s campaign.
Halo 5's Harbinger achievement is in regards to the Warden Eternal. I always got super Didact-y vibes from Warden.

We know that Cortana got to the Domain before Blue Team 'composed' the Didact. So Warden was already an established character. But once the Didact was composed, I could see Cortana see him show up in digital form and kind of mold him into the versions of the Warden we've battled countless times.

I'm still a fan of the Gravemind-influenced Didact mixed with Gravemind-influenced-rampant Cortana merging into a single being but taking the form of Cortana just to mess with Chief.
MysticKami wrote:
I'm still a fan of the Gravemind-influenced Didact mixed with Gravemind-influenced-rampant Cortana merging into a single being but taking the form of Cortana just to mess with Chief.
That honestly feels like way too much work just to toy with one space marine.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
He was composed in the comics, the commentary version even saying they were storing him away for later possible use.
Spoiler:
Show
He was composed in the comics, the commentary version even saying they were storing him away for later possible use.
Yes he was composed when chief ejected the control room which crashed onto the composers forge.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes he was composed when chief ejected the control room which crashed onto the composers forge.
Which makes him not dead.
Spoiler:
Show
Correct me if Im wrong but if the composers composed Didact and blew up wouldnt his digital from have no where to go?
Correct me if Im wrong but if the composers composed Didact and blew up wouldnt his digital from have no where to go?
Depends how destroyed things were.

That said, we have both word directly from the writers that they were keeping him around, as well as apparently some coloring book is about the didact reflecting on things after his composing.
Spoiler:
Show
According to Halo Renegades a fragment of the Librarian told Spark (343 guilty spark) that the Didacts fragments went to the Domain when he was composed. Who was in control of the Domain in Halo 5. Cortana, well. For all we know.
I could see Atriox working with the composed Didact. They both want to wipe out Humanity.
I could see Atriox working with the composed Didact. They both want to wipe out Humanity.
Atriox doesn't hold any special hate towards Humans. He sees them as potentially useful, even if his lieutenants do not.

The UNSC, on the other hand, he doesn't want around.
Trenchbird wrote:
Atriox doesn't hold any special hate towards Humans. He sees them as potentially useful, even if his lieutenants do not.

Perhaps if they are working together, it’s less of a coalition, and more of a manipulation on the Didac’s part. Atriox May be smart and strong and have a massive army, but the Didact is/was a Forerunner, who’s cunning and intelligence is likely far beyond that of even senior minds at ONI.
Trenchbird wrote:

Perhaps if they are working together, it’s less of a coalition, and more of a manipulation on the Didac’s part. Atriox May be smart and strong and have a massive army, but the Didact is/was a Forerunner, who’s cunning and intelligence is likely far beyond that of even senior minds at ONI.
Good point
I don’t think he is.

“The Harbinger and The Banished share the same goal. We fight together to honor the will of Atriox.”

I don’t see why the Didact would want to honor the will of a species that he referred to as ‘primitives’.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Harbinger is some sort of ancient being like a Forerunner or even a over-the-top Precursor like the Primordial was. The name is synonymous to forerunner and precursor so why not.
CrazeTurk wrote:
I don’t think he is.

“The Harbinger and The Banished share the same goal. We fight together to honor the will of Atriox.”

I don’t see why the Didact would want to honor the will of a species that he referred to as ‘primitives’.
Same reason he used Jul and his Covenant, it aided his cause.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2