Have Faith In 343

OP MerlinG2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
A couple days ago, I was in the camp that Infinite needs a delay but I've recently changed my mind. Obviously, if it actually does need a delay to get in all the major content for launch, they should absolutely delay it but assuming that isn't the case, I think that it will be a good release. Imo, the gameplay looks great, the art style apart from a few guns looks great but as long as they don't replace anything then I'm fine with it, the sound design is alright. I think that it will be a blast to play!

Obviously there's the graphics, which while I completely agree that they don't look next gen, they are good enough for me as the gameplay always comes first; I also think that it will be a fair amount better by launch.

While I am worried that not all the content will be there at launch as they couldn't give an answer when asked about that, I have faith that they'll get it all done.

Do I still have problems with it? Yes, I do. I don't like the idea of a halo game being live service as that adds a bit to my worry of not everything being there and I like my separate halo games because new halos don't just mean new story, they mean a new feel, new gameplay, a new start. These things are things that I don't want to go. I also hope that there's no battle pass system but I don't mind MCC's method.

But I still have faith that they can do it, and I think you should too!

P.S. On a side note, I do think that we need a bit more positivity towards this game so what are you excited for in Infinite?
MerlinG2 wrote:
A couple days ago, I was in the camp that Infinite needs a delay but I've recently changed my mind. Obviously, if it actually does need a delay to get in all the major content for launch, they should absolutely delay it but assuming that isn't the case, I think that it will be a good release. Imo, the gameplay looks great, the art style apart from a few guns looks great but as long as they don't replace anything then I'm fine with it, the sound design is alright. I think that it will be a blast to play!

Obviously there's the graphics, which while I completely agree that they don't look next gen, they are good enough for me as the gameplay always comes first; I also think that it will be a fair amount better by launch.

While I am worried that not all the content will be there at launch as they couldn't give an answer when asked about that, I have faith that they'll get it all done.

Do I still have problems with it? Yes, I do. I don't like the idea of a halo game being live service as that adds a bit to my worry of not everything being there and I like my separate halo games because new halos don't just mean new story, they mean a new feel, new gameplay, a new start. These things are things that I don't want to go. I also hope that there's no battle pass system but I don't mind MCC's method.

But I still have faith that they can do it, and I think you should too!

P.S. On a side note, I do think that we need a bit more positivity towards this game so what are you excited for in Infinite?
During the podcast linked below (After 27:00), IGN's Ryan McCaffrey suggested that after the reception during the Xbox game showcase Microsoft/343 upper management could decide to push massive development crunch on the devs to get raytracing for Infinite's launch, so the game as the flagship title of Series X isn't as embarrassing for the brand graphics wise when the game/Series X console launches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7UnzEe7nA&t=3775s - go to 27:00 and play from there
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
The 500 million dollar rumor hasn't been verified. Red Dead Redemption 2 took 5 years to develop and that was without building a brand new engine from the ground up or dealing with a pandemic.

Maybe the game won't be up to some of our standards come release. But that won't be because 343 was goofing off. And even in that scenario I have faith that 343 will build on what they release and not just let it rot.

Faith in 343? NO.
The 500 million dollar rumor hasn't been verified. Red Dead Redemption 2 took 5 years to develop and that was without building a brand new engine from the ground up or dealing with a pandemic.

Maybe the game won't be up to some of our standards come release. But that won't be because 343 was goofing off. And even in that scenario I have faith that 343 will build on what they release and not just let it rot.
Red dead took five years because they make good games. Infinite took 5 years because halo 5 was bad.
Faith does not get you anywhere these days. If you have faith you are more likely to be disappointed.

Faith in 343? NO.
It's fun telling the "fans are embracing mediocrity", when most of the criticism on Xbox Show case was up on Halo Infinite:

-They have criticized on graphics.
-They have criticized on Halo gameplay - new v.s classic (you can see much more about these things on this forum).
-They have criticized on updates philosophy - getting better content and other stuff trought time.

Criticism was spread all around the world and internet, so you don't have to worry about it, but who decide's about the game it's up to 343i and MS, and as consumers we should decide with we should buy or not in the end.

And we are speaking of about a Demo. Much of those things will get improved until the launch.

Note: I hope you're not making a mistake hasty conclusions over a demo. There's still 4~5 months yet to release the final product. Maybe most of the things will change trought time.
EDIT: $500 million budget was just a rumour. Nothing was confirmed by any official source.

Faith in 343? NO.

Red dead took five years because they make good games. Infinite took 5 years because halo 5 was bad.
And how long do you think it would've taken Rockstar to develop RDR2 if they had to create an all new engine to do so?

Faith in 343? NO.

And how long do you think it would've taken Rockstar to develop RDR2 if they had to create an all new engine to do so?
Um. They did entirely rebuild their engine from scratch for RDR2.

Faith in 343? NO.

Doesn't matter. 343 is choosing their release date at 5 years.
Faith does not get you anywhere these days. If you have faith you are more likely to be disappointed.
Don't call it having faith, call it having patience and understanding until you see the final product.
Don't call it having faith, call it having patience and understanding until you see the final product.
I've got enough patience. So much that I would rather Halo: Infinite be delayed to facilitate a better product upon release.

So I think your definition of patience may be either very loose or flawed.

Faith in 343? NO.

They didn't rebuild but the for sure upgraded the mess out of it so i dont know what he's on about
My main concern is that they absolutely CAN NOT delay it even if they wanted to. It HAS to be a launch title. Halo is their system seller and it will be pushed out and launched in whatever state it is. Which makes the preview we got look even more dire, if that's what they felt comfortable showing the public then its anyones guess what we'll get at launch, the pandemic certainly isn't doing them any favors.

Personally the graphics look fine too me and I'm sure the worst technical bugs will be ironed out before launch. I care way more about the mechanics of the and core gamplay and what they showed made me very happy.

Faith in 343? NO.

Um. False. Rockstar refined the RAGE engine for RDR2, just like they refined it for GTA5, just like Bungie/343 did for the blam! engine for past Halo entries. There's a difference between refining an engine and creating an entirely new one.
I've got enough patience. So much that I would rather Halo: Infinite be delayed to facilitate a better product upon release.

so?

Faith in 343? NO.

Um. False. Rockstar refined the RAGE engine for RDR2, just like they refined it for GTA5, just like Bungie/343 did for the blam! engine for past Halo entries. There's a difference between refining an engine and creating an entirely new one.
Considering that Red Dead: Redemption 2. A game now years old and massive open world at that looks three times better then Halo: Infinite gameplay. 343 industries may need to take notes from Rockstar development.

Not only this but refining in this case for an engine of the scale required to run Red Dead: Redemption 2 could easily have been just as work intensive.

If the issue for 343 industries is not enough development time. And if that is also the argument you are making. Then yes. Halo: Infinite should undoubtedly be delayed...

so?
You stated I don't have patience. And I disproved that statement.

so?
At no time have I said that you are not patient. I'm just saying that if you don't like to say that you have faith in the game, then it is best to have patience and understanding until you see the final product.

(Maybe I have expressed myself wrong and you understood that I was saying that to you. In that case forgive.)

so?
At no time have I said that you are not patient. I'm just saying that if you don't like to say that you have faith in the game, then it is best to have patience and understanding until you see the final product.

(Maybe I have expressed myself wrong and you understood that I was saying that to you. In that case forgive.)
Not trying to be snarky. I just hope that 343 push out the best product they can. The gameplay they released was a big disappointment and all sorts of memes have come from that gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6