Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Have Faith In 343

OP MerlinG2

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Yeah...... nope. I have faith in 343 using the franchise to poorly sell the new product MS wants to push. This game is being rushed to market to sell the Series X and the Game Pass, because the PS5 is launching this Holiday, and MS needs to move the Subs and the New Console.

Both should be pushed a year out, and released next Holiday season.
MerlinG2 wrote:
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
Personally, I'm not embracing the mediocrity as I genuinely think that infinite is a huge step up from 4 and 5 in many ways. If that means that the graphics aren't the best, that's fine for me as I still think that, from what I know and have seen, it's gonna be a great game from the other areas. The game would've released by now but they reworked the story, and I can imagine the gameplay too, purely because of the criticism of halo 5. This shows just how much 343 wants to make a good halo so I do believe that infinite will be great personally. Dunno if you were referring to me in that post but I thought I'd say this anyway.
That's the point though, everybody saying something like "Well, maybe it's not the best in ____, but it's good enough". 5 years, 2 "in engine" trailers and all the hype around power, fidelity, Slipspace, $500 mil and the best you can say is "Its good enough"?

I disagree. Halo is the flagship title for the Series X, during a presentation supposedly made to show people what this "beastly" machine could do and why we should be excited for it and next-gen. Even the gameplay looked lackluster. They failed. 343 set the expectations here with an "engine demo" and an "in engine" cinematic trailer (both of which look nothing like what was shown). They bragged about how amazing Slipspace was. Using the expectations they set, it's not good enough for Xbox, 343, Serie's X, Halo or the fans. Imo.
AlibutOne wrote:
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
It's fun telling the "fans are embracing mediocrity", when most of the criticism on Xbox Show case was up on Halo Infinite:

-They have criticized on graphics.
-They have criticized on Halo gameplay - new v.s classic (you can see much more about these things on this forum).
-They have criticized on updates philosophy - getting better content and other stuff trought time.

Criticism was spread all around the world and internet, so you don't have to worry about it, but who decide's about the game it's up to 343i and MS, and as consumers we should decide with we should buy or not in the end.

And we are speaking of about a Demo. Much of those things will get improved until the launch.

Note: I hope you're not making a mistake hasty conclusions over a demo. There's still 4~5 months yet to release the final product. Maybe most of the things will change trought time.
EDIT: $500 million budget was just a rumour. Nothing was confirmed by any official source.
- They've released official screenshots.
- They've released official trailers
- They've released official articles on this site about how the "demo" was the best they had (very proud of it... until the backlash happened btw)

It's not a demo. I can't force you past cognitive dissonance but if you really believe the release game is going to be different, with only 4 months till launch... after 5 years in the oven... You took the blue pill, I guess? Idk. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
You are trying to call me deluded, but I was one of the first to post on this forum criticizing the terrible presentation of Halo Infinite.
The difference between you and me is that I'm absorbing some official information and maybe even changing perspective, but killing some of my criticisms. I am not based on anonymous users of reddit, twitter, among other social networks. Only from trusted sources and directly from 343i and Microsoft. You can question as much as you like about the morality behind this direct information from them, but it remains much better and more reliable than it comes from other unofficial sources. I don't tell you that you're wrong, but be more realistic. This $ 500 million budget information is based on a rumor that has not been confirmed so far.
I emphasize again that this is not even a final product. A lot can be changed or not until then. The most I can tell you is that we have to keep an eye on how things will evolve over time.
Launching a good product or not, you still have the full right to buy or not the game at launch. Furthermore, no one is forcing you to swallow a certain vision about a certain future that has not even arrived so far. You, like many others, are judging by something that is still unfinished. I'm not saying they're wrong, but determining this as the final version of the product is ridiculous and so vague that we don't even know how it will be.
The only one who needs to take the pills here is you, especially the red one, because as I have observed, no player around the world has determined what should be shown at the event or what should be placed and removed in the game. Nobody here is a babysitter to watch what they do inside the studio. The only real real power that we all have is over buying games / services. Do you want to do something about it? Boycott! But keep throwing the plague all over the world like you and your fellow friends have done? It is almost useless and a waste of time. Boycotting is the best way you can do to cash in on all your frustration and bitterness you have kept for years. However, we are not the ones who want things to stay that way. Those who liked the game the way it was presented are not to blame, since they are not the ones who develop the games.

This "cognitive dissonance" to which you refer is called self-opinion, because I have my own conclusions, opinions and divergent thoughts from the majority. I have the full right to agree with some, disagree with others, or stay in the middle (since I have already criticized the game a lot).
Furthermore, I am not even obliged to agree with everything you say and neither do "damage control" as you say. Just because you resonate with the vast majority does not mean that I am better than you or that you are better and superior than anyone else. Not wanting to diminish such importance, but we are talking about over a game, not about extremely important things that happen above that.

Be more respectful and discount who deserves to be discounted, not me.
I'm excited to figth brutes again and use brute weaponry! Hopefully battle flood, discover mendicant bias, one giant weapon pool of all the Halo weapons that have ever been created which would be awesome in a open world Halo game! I also hope we can get a firefight mode that's more Halo 3: ODST like and you can customize which enemies you want from all the previous Halo games. Drones, engineers, prometheans, flood, covenant etc. I would love Reach customization and I'm really excited for grappling hook. As weird as it sounds, my favorite Halo game is Halo 5 right now. Because, I've played since H:CE and I've always hated that I couldn't smartscope or sprint. + for me, spartan abilities actullay made the spartan feel like a spartan/machine/terminator. I really wish they add flood + flamethrower and sticky det. And I love that they mixed old and new design of the covenant. For me, Infinte is going to feel magical because I love 343I and Bungies versions of Halo. So, to get at mix of that makes me excited!
They've given me no reason to have faith. 343 halo is effectively the Disney Star Wars trilogy. The only really great thing they've produced have been some books and porting halo to PC finally. Halo 5 pretty much turned me off a franchise I'd been a fan of since I was 11. I'm not one of those "it must be the bungie way or its bad" types, but they havent produced a good alternative either.

Halo 4 I kind of liked story wise. The conclusion of Cortana's arc was great, and the Didact and the forerunners posed a new and terrible threat (though I feel the promethean's design was off). All so Halo 5 could come and throw that all out the window so Cortana could be an evil space ruler now. Now, like Rise of Skywalker came crawling back to ol' Palpy, we've apparently ditched the Created and gone to fighting the banished (Who're an okay faction and should have been the covenant enemies this whole trilogy imo). I actually liked parts of the new art style, and I'm sad to see them reverting to nastalgia designs.

Not been a terribly great fan of 343 multiplayer either, but honestly most my halo fun is campaign or firefight with friends.

343 seems to be getting worse at halo over time though. Now they're even having problems with their promotional material, which has been solid up until now.
AlibutOne wrote:
AlibutOne wrote:
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
It's fun telling the "fans are embracing mediocrity", when most of the criticism on Xbox Show case was up on Halo Infinite:

-They have criticized on graphics.
-They have criticized on Halo gameplay - new v.s classic (you can see much more about these things on this forum).
-They have criticized on updates philosophy - getting better content and other stuff trought time.

Criticism was spread all around the world and internet, so you don't have to worry about it, but who decide's about the game it's up to 343i and MS, and as consumers we should decide with we should buy or not in the end.

And we are speaking of about a Demo. Much of those things will get improved until the launch.

Note: I hope you're not making a mistake hasty conclusions over a demo. There's still 4~5 months yet to release the final product. Maybe most of the things will change trought time.
EDIT: $500 million budget was just a rumour. Nothing was confirmed by any official source.
- They've released official screenshots.
- They've released official trailers
- They've released official articles on this site about how the "demo" was the best they had (very proud of it... until the backlash happened btw)

It's not a demo. I can't force you past cognitive dissonance but if you really believe the release game is going to be different, with only 4 months till launch... after 5 years in the oven... You took the blue pill, I guess? Idk. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
You are trying to call me deluded, but I was one of the first to post on this forum criticizing the terrible presentation of Halo Infinite.
The difference between you and me is that I'm absorbing some official information and maybe even changing perspective, but killing some of my criticisms. I am not based on anonymous users of reddit, twitter, among other social networks. Only from trusted sources and directly from 343i and Microsoft. You can question as much as you like about the morality behind this direct information from them, but it remains much better and more reliable than it comes from other unofficial sources. I don't tell you that you're wrong, but be more realistic. This $ 500 million budget information is based on a rumor that has not been confirmed so far.
I emphasize again that this is not even a final product. A lot can be changed or not until then. The most I can tell you is that we have to keep an eye on how things will evolve over time.
Launching a good product or not, you still have the full right to buy or not the game at launch. Furthermore, no one is forcing you to swallow a certain vision about a certain future that has not even arrived so far. You, like many others, are judging by something that is still unfinished. I'm not saying they're wrong, but determining this as the final version of the product is ridiculous and so vague that we don't even know how it will be.
The only one who needs to take the pills here is you, especially the red one, because as I have observed, no player around the world has determined what should be shown at the event or what should be placed and removed in the game. Nobody here is a babysitter to watch what they do inside the studio. The only real real power that we all have is over buying games / services. Do you want to do something about it? Boycott! But keep throwing the plague all over the world like you and your fellow friends have done? It is almost useless and a waste of time. Boycotting is the best way you can do to cash in on all your frustration and bitterness you have kept for years. However, we are not the ones who want things to stay that way. Those who liked the game the way it was presented are not to blame, since they are not the ones who develop the games.

This "cognitive dissonance" to which you refer is called self-opinion, because I have my own conclusions, opinions and divergent thoughts from the majority. I have the full right to agree with some, disagree with others, or stay in the middle (since I have already criticized the game a lot).
Furthermore, I am not even obliged to agree with everything you say and neither do "damage control" as you say. Just because you resonate with the vast majority does not mean that I am better than you or that you are better and superior than anyone else. Not wanting to diminish such importance, but we are talking about over a game, not about extremely important things that happen above that.

Be more respectful and discount who deserves to be discounted, not me.
Okay so you're defending this from an emotional standpoint. Bye now.
AlibutOne wrote:
AlibutOne wrote:
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
It's fun telling the "fans are embracing mediocrity", when most of the criticism on Xbox Show case was up on Halo Infinite:

-They have criticized on graphics.
-They have criticized on Halo gameplay - new v.s classic (you can see much more about these things on this forum).
-They have criticized on updates philosophy - getting better content and other stuff trought time.

Criticism was spread all around the world and internet, so you don't have to worry about it, but who decide's about the game it's up to 343i and MS, and as consumers we should decide with we should buy or not in the end.

And we are speaking of about a Demo. Much of those things will get improved until the launch.

Note: I hope you're not making a mistake hasty conclusions over a demo. There's still 4~5 months yet to release the final product. Maybe most of the things will change trought time.
EDIT: $500 million budget was just a rumour. Nothing was confirmed by any official source.
- They've released official screenshots.
- They've released official trailers
- They've released official articles on this site about how the "demo" was the best they had (very proud of it... until the backlash happened btw)

It's not a demo. I can't force you past cognitive dissonance but if you really believe the release game is going to be different, with only 4 months till launch... after 5 years in the oven... You took the blue pill, I guess? Idk. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
You are trying to call me deluded, but I was one of the first to post on this forum criticizing the terrible presentation of Halo Infinite.
The difference between you and me is that I'm absorbing some official information and maybe even changing perspective, but killing some of my criticisms. I am not based on anonymous users of reddit, twitter, among other social networks. Only from trusted sources and directly from 343i and Microsoft. You can question as much as you like about the morality behind this direct information from them, but it remains much better and more reliable than it comes from other unofficial sources. I don't tell you that you're wrong, but be more realistic. This $ 500 million budget information is based on a rumor that has not been confirmed so far.
I emphasize again that this is not even a final product. A lot can be changed or not until then. The most I can tell you is that we have to keep an eye on how things will evolve over time.
Launching a good product or not, you still have the full right to buy or not the game at launch. Furthermore, no one is forcing you to swallow a certain vision about a certain future that has not even arrived so far. You, like many others, are judging by something that is still unfinished. I'm not saying they're wrong, but determining this as the final version of the product is ridiculous and so vague that we don't even know how it will be.
The only one who needs to take the pills here is you, especially the red one, because as I have observed, no player around the world has determined what should be shown at the event or what should be placed and removed in the game. Nobody here is a babysitter to watch what they do inside the studio. The only real real power that we all have is over buying games / services. Do you want to do something about it? Boycott! But keep throwing the plague all over the world like you and your fellow friends have done? It is almost useless and a waste of time. Boycotting is the best way you can do to cash in on all your frustration and bitterness you have kept for years. However, we are not the ones who want things to stay that way. Those who liked the game the way it was presented are not to blame, since they are not the ones who develop the games.

This "cognitive dissonance" to which you refer is called self-opinion, because I have my own conclusions, opinions and divergent thoughts from the majority. I have the full right to agree with some, disagree with others, or stay in the middle (since I have already criticized the game a lot).
Furthermore, I am not even obliged to agree with everything you say and neither do "damage control" as you say. Just because you resonate with the vast majority does not mean that I am better than you or that you are better and superior than anyone else. Not wanting to diminish such importance, but we are talking about over a game, not about extremely important things that happen above that.

Be more respectful and discount who deserves to be discounted, not me.
Okay so you're defending this from an emotional standpoint. Bye now.
What emotional stand point did you see in my post? Hahahahaha
Who started the argument of "accepting mediocrity" was you, angry with someone who doens't agree with you.
But let's finish the talk right here.
Uncivilized people like you can't keep healthy discussion, only if someone agrre with your point of view.
Peace.
I would like to have lots of faith and confidence in 343I but all admit, I struggle too. I have nothing against anyone that works there obviously, I'm sure they are all great people and I do genuinely believe them when they say they care about Halo, but I feel like they haven't really shown me a lot for me to have a lot of optimism.

First there was Halo 4. In my opinion it was pretty much a train wreck overall. Some interesting ideas, the campaign was decent but a game that didn't look play or sound a lot of the times, especially the soundtrack, anything remotely close to Halo. The game wasn't terrible it just wasn't Halo.

Then we got the MCC, well no need to really get into that because we all know that it was arguably one of the most broken games on launch in video game history. They did finally commit to fixing things but for a long time it really did seem like they were fine with letting it be a broken mess. I'm glad they are trying to fix it all and that does show me at least something, but It sure took long enough.

Then we got Halo 5. They definitely did listen to the fans somewhat of certain things like having a ranking system in the game, even starts, no flinch or loadouts and so on. They then double down on advanced movement, added even more stuff like ADS style zooming when a huge chunk of the community didn't want any of that at all. Plus the addition of thrusters as a base ability. Now admittingly they did seem to do a pretty good job in it and it was decently received, But it still was nowhere near as popular in sales or popularity as say previous Halo titles. Now instead of concentrating on modes that they KNOW the majority of the community want, they tried to do all new things, which I commend them for but that seems like a very bad way of doing business. Focus on what you know the consumer wants and then you make additions. To this day I remember when they showed Warzone for the first time and literally one of the first question they got asked about it was "does this mean firefight is going to be in Halo 5???" It wasn't even about this brand new awesome mode that they just showed!!! Seriously think about that lol fans have been asking for firefight for years and then they try to come back at us with something like "well if there's a demand for it maybe we will...." Seriously??? People have literally been asking for this since reach! Then they made this other new mode, breakout that was supposed to be what all the pro players wanted to play and It turned out no one really wanted to play it because it played nothing like Halo and flopped hard...shocking lol I really feel like they just made so many poor decisions in 5, it just wasn't funny.

Now we have Halo infinite. Now admittingly, we do not know everything about this at all so it's kind of hard to judge it and I definitely will reserve final judgment for the full version, but it seems they have gone back to advanced movement once again and once again completely ignoring a huge chunk of their fan base, AGAIN!!! I don't see any type of compromise from 343I at all trying to bring old and new fans together. I understand this is difficult I do. Now this said the one thing that a lot of old and new fans seem to accept in Halo 5, thrusters, they seem to have removed them! LoL this makes absolutely no sense to me!!

343 says they listen to the fans and I'm not saying they never do but I really do feel like they have very selective hearing lol no you can't please everyone and I'm not trying to say you should try but they could have easily made it so in Infinite, it was quick-based movement speed with thrusters, tie that into a double jump or something, add in equipment as map pickups and boom! Pretty decent compromise right there as you have some advanced movement and not. Heck, If you want to add ADS style zooming look (which I admittingly hate) then ok too. Another thing to appeal to newer FPS players. I don't know, to me that's something more like a compromise.

For the most part, I just see 343I basically telling the older fans we don't care about you anymore. We are going to live and die with full advanced movement no matter how our previous games were received, even though ever since it's been in, Halo hasn't done as well in sales or popularity, nor has it come back to being remotely close to the forefront of things like esports, but ok...

Anyone that's been around since CE (like me) has seen all the ups and downs of Halo. Knows all the things that the majority of people like, dislike, split down the middle etc. If we know this how do they not know this??? We know that the majority of people like closer to the original artwork and music. We know that the majority of people dislike things like bloom, uneven starts, etc And we know that the community is split on advanced movement, but especially sprint.... But like I said earlier there just seems to be no compromise from them. It just boggle my mind beyond belief to be honest.

I'm sorry for the long post but it really is perplexing to me at some of the decisions and lack of..... awareness, I guess one could say, of what the majority of your fan base seems to like or dislike. So unfortunately as much as I would love to have piles of confidence in 343I and like I said earlier I'm sure they do genuinely care about the franchise I just don't really seem to have a lot. Unless the multiplayer portion of infinite really blows my mind, to me infinite is going to basically be Halo 5. Which that isn't terrible but I feel like you should be striving for a lot more. It will do decently in sales and popularity and I predict better than five because it will have bigger exposure thanks to being on PC and GamePass, but that's it. It will just be basically a average, decent game and maybe that's good enough for Microsoft/343 now, I don't know... Personally, it makes me sad to see such a mighty franchise fall so far from the top.
I have faith in Obsidian and the Avowed game they are making, because Obsidian have a great track record of making great action RPGs.

343i's track record is dire. Even worse, is that unlike a dev like Bethesda or Bioware, there was no era where 343i built beloved gaming franchises and communities from scratch, before having the studio and games go to pot.

Bottom line is that 343i pushed out the old community, and the new arcade Twitch shooter audience it cultivated care more for flashy graphics and action to win them over. 343i boxed themselves in to a corner to constantly chase the best graphics and out do COD, and I guess games like Fortnite now, at their own games. Which is never going to happen. And the old community just doesn't trust 343i to not fill their games with inane mechanics and cosmetics. It's a lose/lose, and i said this would happen.
Why? What has 343i ever done to earn my faith in them? Halo 4 was pretty good, but then the MCC was a complete and utter joke of a launch, Halo 5 was a completely dishonest mess with their ad campaign and IMO a pretty bad Halo entry (uninspiring characters, bad cutscenes, splitting up the Chief's story, that terrible Chief vs Locke fight) and then Halo Wars 2 launch up until after all the DLCs were released and they still haven't gotten everything situated.

I've always bought day 1 for Halo until Halo Wars 2. Now I refuse to.
Faith is a strong word. In my opinion 343 made some great things for Halo and also made serious mistakes, but overall there are more positives than negatives. My concerns about the narrative is what makes me worried the most and that is why I cannot trust them, since they already broke my trust with Halo 5 story and misleading marketing. Now for the multiplayer, I trust them, because they started not on the right track in Halo 4's multiplayer, but I think the Halo 5's multiplayer is very solid and in my opinion one of the best if not the best multiplayer, so I guess if they go on with that I'll be happy.
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
The 500 million dollar rumor hasn't been verified. Red Dead Redemption 2 took 5 years to develop and that was without building a brand new engine from the ground up or dealing with a pandemic.

Maybe the game won't be up to some of our standards come release. But that won't be because 343 was goofing off. And even in that scenario I have faith that 343 will build on what they release and not just let it rot.
The pandemic is an excuse the pandemic has only been around for 5 months. And why would I trust 343? They haven’t made a single good halo game
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
The 500 million dollar rumor hasn't been verified. Red Dead Redemption 2 took 5 years to develop and that was without building a brand new engine from the ground up or dealing with a pandemic.

Maybe the game won't be up to some of our standards come release. But that won't be because 343 was goofing off. And even in that scenario I have faith that 343 will build on what they release and not just let it rot.
Red dead took five years because they make good games. Infinite took 5 years because halo 5 was bad.
I am at odds with that statement. Playing RDR 2 I hit a lot of glitches. Saw those glitches first hand. Played it on the X and was not totally impressed with the dusty like graphics. And it was not the best looked game I had seen in that genre though it looked really good. Just that it was overblown because R*. Outside those glitches the game was cookie cutter in story. Cool if some do not care about that. But then the stupid easy gameplay. Hardest setting is no challenge in that.

I play Halo 5 and it is much more challenging. And the gunplay works. I will give it that. At least it was not holding my hand because of the way the game is designed.

And I have played a good bit of R6 Siege, Fortnite, and those games recently. I had a good amount of clips in Fortnite where direct headshots with a legendary sniper gives a golden blank hitmarker. Then I shoot another player and it is a 250 pop headshot. No consistency. R6 is just as bad. It has terrible consistency. Headshots with blood splatter and then you get killed and the player has full health. My team has played that a lot recently and it is common. And it is talked about on their forums.

A lot more games too. They often get a pass even with terrible things like this. Halo 5, at least for us, generally works. And that right there is a plus. At least in the matches I have been in it has worked. We played a lot and my son got to Onyx whatever number it was. And we had a lot of matches. It just worked.

That is what I look for here with Halo Infinite. I am not accepting mediocre gaming. I will see when they launch. I just know that the graphics I saw were more than serviceable and Halo never had the best anyway. The gameplay is key. If this game works great, sounds great, and plays great that is what I want. Getting tired of all these games hitting and just being a mess. Even Gears 5 is junk to the point that all the people I played Gears with over the years quit completely. We did well but the game is just not good. And so I either play solo or do not play. Mostly the latter option. I strongly hope that Halo Infinite can just look solid and play great.
I have, just not blind faith.

They do however, if the reports are correct from disgruntled ex employeesm CLEAN up their mess of heaps of code. Contractors that add ontop of alredy existing work/ lack of understanding and training etc. Oh and crunch. Crunch and contractors should ONLY be used in absolute need as an exception, NOT as an rule.

And adding the ongoing chaos and pandemic in the world on top. Makes things ravenous,dire. In the long run, less job satisfaction, productivety, ambition, flow, leads to lesser product of the game, which leads to less money for biggy MS in the long run. But that might not be so important, now is it, for the sake of quick profit and frustrated and angry fans? The answer is RIGHT there in front of us. The demo might indeed be the showing of such symptoms.

I wish 343 all well. But they need to straighten up and take care tenfolds more than seemingly they do know. Themself and ourself and anything inbetween.

@ evil

Thats very subjective now isnt it?

I love alot of what Bungie, 343, Ensemble Studios and Creative Assembly have done game wise for the franchise. BUT none are free of flaws. NONE!
They had 5 years and $500 million. Part of Xbox's problem (and decline) is its current fans embracing mediocrity and not demanding better. Halo deserves better than what they showed us. It deserves better than to be Gamepass filler. Xbox fans deserve better.

I don't blame 343, I blame senior leadership throughout Xbox. They're not interested in creating games anymore, its all about selling Gamepass subs.

Faith in 343? NO.
The 500 million dollar rumor hasn't been verified. Red Dead Redemption 2 took 5 years to develop and that was without building a brand new engine from the ground up or dealing with a pandemic.

Maybe the game won't be up to some of our standards come release. But that won't be because 343 was goofing off. And even in that scenario I have faith that 343 will build on what they release and not just let it rot.
Red dead took five years because they make good games. Infinite took 5 years because halo 5 was bad.
I am at odds with that statement. Playing RDR 2 I hit a lot of glitches. Saw those glitches first hand. Played it on the X and was not totally impressed with the dusty like graphics. And it was not the best looked game I had seen in that genre though it looked really good. Just that it was overblown because R*. Outside those glitches the game was cookie cutter in story. Cool if some do not care about that. But then the stupid easy gameplay. Hardest setting is no challenge in that.

I play Halo 5 and it is much more challenging. And the gunplay works. I will give it that. At least it was not holding my hand because of the way the game is designed.

And I have played a good bit of R6 Siege, Fortnite, and those games recently. I had a good amount of clips in Fortnite where direct headshots with a legendary sniper gives a golden blank hitmarker. Then I shoot another player and it is a 250 pop headshot. No consistency. R6 is just as bad. It has terrible consistency. Headshots with blood splatter and then you get killed and the player has full health. My team has played that a lot recently and it is common. And it is talked about on their forums.

A lot more games too. They often get a pass even with terrible things like this. Halo 5, at least for us, generally works. And that right there is a plus. At least in the matches I have been in it has worked. We played a lot and my son got to Onyx whatever number it was. And we had a lot of matches. It just worked.

That is what I look for here with Halo Infinite. I am not accepting mediocre gaming. I will see when they launch. I just know that the graphics I saw were more than serviceable and Halo never had the best anyway. The gameplay is key. If this game works great, sounds great, and plays great that is what I want. Getting tired of all these games hitting and just being a mess. Even Gears 5 is junk to the point that all the people I played Gears with over the years quit completely. We did well but the game is just not good. And so I either play solo or do not play. Mostly the latter option. I strongly hope that Halo Infinite can just look solid and play great.
Youre right haLo 5 was not holding your hand... Because it carries players instead. Why do we need to be told when rockets are spawning? Why can I get hitmarkers with a grenade on somebody I can't see behind a wall? Why is it so easy to get to onyx when in halo 3 it took a considerable amount of back to back wins to get to general?
TheDonCJG wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
A couple days ago, I was in the camp that Infinite needs a delay but I've recently changed my mind. Obviously, if it actually does need a delay to get in all the major content for launch, they should absolutely delay it but assuming that isn't the case, I think that it will be a good release. Imo, the gameplay looks great, the art style apart from a few guns looks great but as long as they don't replace anything then I'm fine with it, the sound design is alright. I think that it will be a blast to play!

Obviously there's the graphics, which while I completely agree that they don't look next gen, they are good enough for me as the gameplay always comes first; I also think that it will be a fair amount better by launch.

While I am worried that not all the content will be there at launch as they couldn't give an answer when asked about that, I have faith that they'll get it all done.

Do I still have problems with it? Yes, I do. I don't like the idea of a halo game being live service as that adds a bit to my worry of not everything being there and I like my separate halo games because new halos don't just mean new story, they mean a new feel, new gameplay, a new start. These things are things that I don't want to go. I also hope that there's no battle pass system but I don't mind MCC's method.

But I still have faith that they can do it, and I think you should too!

P.S. On a side note, I do think that we need a bit more positivity towards this game so what are you excited for in Infinite?
I agree 100%. There’s so much negativity towards Infinite just because it’s taking a slightly different approach. Trying to refresh a franchise isn’t easy and I think 343i are doing a great job so far.

I was very unsure when I first saw the game but over time I’ve come to accept and appreciate how the game is coming along. Can’t wait to see more and even get hands on too.
The negativity has very little to do with direction and is mostly due to the game looking unfinished and dated.
I have faith in 343 as much as Arthur had faith in Dutch’s plan in RDR2.
TheDonCJG wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
I agree 100%. There’s so much negativity towards Infinite just because it’s taking a slightly different approach. Trying to refresh a franchise isn’t easy and I think 343i are doing a great job so far.
I'm sure not a lot of people see Infinite as a "slightly different approach". Keyword here is "open world".
"trying to refresh a franchise isn’t easy" Totally agree here but the past shows that "refreshing" Halo harmed the games and the franchise overall.
I don’t care, I’ve stopped caring about acting like I have entitlement in games, as long as they are fun to play and look decently good. I don’t care about faith anymore and trust, if you flop you flop 343. Bungie doesn’t exist anymore, they wanted to do something else, 343 are simply not them and I don’t expect them to be

Just give me a damn fun game and a lot of options and experiences
Every iteration of Halo since 343 took over has not been played widely or garnered heavy interest among the gaming community at large. Even during the peaks of Halo 5 and MCC (lets just forget that Halo 4 even happened), the active players and viewership numbers compared to any other competitive top tier title were DRASTICALLY lower. They have put out multiple mediocre games that have not stood the test of time.

Why would I have faith in 343 when they have done nothing to earn it?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6