Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Hear me out I liked the idea of reqs

OP Olive3000

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
The REQ system was/is the worst part of Halo 5, I hope it never returns. Loot Box's are thankfully not returning, 343i should go back to the Reach or Halo 3 unlock system instead of the Halo 5 gambling system.

When SWB2 pulled the pay to win elements... the game was still a mess because after that the game was stuck with a favouring players 'who spent more time' playing system that punished new players with an unbalanced system that rewards long term SWB2 players with 'upgrades' and to this day I still dislike the SWB2 reboot because the changes that originally plagued the game still effect it today because the balancing was originally setup to cater to pay to win elements and I've lost interest in playing it because of the grind, the frustrating focus on being a twitch shooter with an awful 'unbalanced' grind system. They basically stripped away what made SWB1/2 originals unique then remade them into some strange Battlefield clones.

Halo Infinite should stay away from MT/Loot box's.
I didn't like reqs at the very beginning of the game. Once someone told me about the "grind silver before you grind gold" method I ended up liking it a lot more.

I think if we get the regular content drops like H5 delivered, as well as having forge and Big Team at launch, I would be happy with the customization being delivered in a way that mixes current MCC season system, Halo Reach credit system, and H3 achievement system.
My biggest issue was the same issue I have with normal Lootboxes; Flop Drops and trash drops. Because, you know, it's gambling, and getting ANOTHER ANUBIS HELMET is basically the House winning.

The only thing worse is a Marketplace with absolutely no way to earn better looking equipment A'la Gears 5. Shut up, I know they have a season pass, and I don't care.That's garbage too. You need to get to Tier stupid in order to get the best looking gear in the Marketplace in time and that's nearly unattainable before the cycle resets unless you nolife for a whole week.
I have no interest in reqs or rng loot systems. Thankfully most games seem to be moving away from the rng loot crates. If there's any rng loot system in Halo Infinite I'll pass on it, they ruined Halo 5 for me.
If you can only get REQ points through gameplay than you might as well just have up-front point transactions with randomness. I could see randomness used to reward you with a random unlock after you level up but it should be complimentary and only ADD to your unlocks and not be a barrier.
So everything can be purchased with points earned through gameplay and as a bonus for leveling up (or getting some specific medals or winning X amount of games) you also get a random reward free of charge.
I have absolutely no interest in going down the RNG route again for armor. It's not a fun grind, it's just leaving things to luck and hoping you don't get something ugly.

One of the things Halo 4 did right was attaching unlockable items to commendations. It gave incentive to actually try and go for them aside from just getting them done.
Well you'll be happy to hear they confirmed there will be no purchasable loot boxes. Might still have lootboxes, but they at least won't be able to be bought with real money.
Ooookay? But why does it have to be a random gambling system Olive3000? Isn't it better when you know what you're getting and for what you are grinding/achieving for? Doesn't that also give value to the pieces and skins you're unlocking as well? What is the appeal in the randomness of loot-boxes? You haven't ' giving me much to change my mind or think about here! :P

Also as a side note, dividing your text into paragraphs or segments would have helped a lot OP! 😅
Loot boxes only exist to be cash-grabs. The system is a terrible one which is why you never see it in games that implement a good or even halfway decent unlock system for items.
I like the idea of reqs, but I don't like how they executed it with lootboxes.
Olive3000 wrote:
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
I got bad news for you, you'll never have a REQ system without monetization. That's why it was implemented in the first place. There would be no point in implementing a system like that if you can't make profit off of it. 343 wouldn't waste resources on it unless they could get some returns. The REQ system had nothing but negative impacts on H5. It made Warzone and firefight grindy nightmares with bullet sponge enemies to make players addicted to weapon/vehicle cards. It ruined any sense of achievement for unlocking anything. It led to the creation of a huge roster of armor pieces of which most were ugly or duplicates for the purpose of making it harder to unlock the cool pieces. It completely ruined the weapons dynamics that previous halo games had. The REQ system cannot be justified, the only positive I could find is that every player unlocked different things, which created some variety. Battlefront 2 launched in 2017, it doesn't matter if the game is good in 2020 because most of the community is already gone. Your game needs to be good and complete at launch. This live service mentality of ''oh yeah we'll fix the game after launch'' needs to stop. No one should be charged 60$ (90$ in Canada) for an incomplete game. Players shouldn't tolerate the lack of care and laziness of developers.
It wasn't a bad concept but it wasn't a good Halo concept. I understand 343 Industries and their more open attitude for experimenting with new concepts and I personally do applaud them for it but the entire requisition system is one concept that I will definitely not miss.
REQs only existed to be sold as loot boxes, one can't go without the other. 343 didn't implement this system for players, it was purely out of greed.
I just didn’t like REQ earning system. Full of rng. You had no idea when you’ll get good things like the H2BR. Just continually grinding. But the REQ using system was solid. At REQ level 6 you could use a lvl 3 weapon with a lvl 3 pwr up or a level 6 weapon. This was decently balanced IMO, could use a little more work, but I would not be mad if that part of the REQ system returned.
Armor should be tied to achievements like in 3. Reward people going for completion
I can see that no one likes REQs. And yeah I did some research. I can see where your coming from.
Ooookay? But why does it have to be a random gambling system Olive3000? Isn't it better when you know what you're getting and for what you you are grinding/achieving for? Doesn't that also give value to the pieces and skins you're unlocking as well? What is the appeal in the randomness of loot-boxes? You haven' giving me much to change my mind or thing about here! :P

Also as a side note, dividing your text into paragraphs or segments would have helped a lot OP! 😅
Sorry about not dividing them I thought I did. Anyways, yes I agree some armors should be tied to achievements. However let's just say more of a casual player just wants to play and they think some armor is super cool. Maybe they dont want to grind the achievements. I personally probably would. Others may not. And I dont want to spend 400000 REQ points on pack either just to get a variant. Dont you think if they have 400000 REQ points they should just be able to buy the helmet from the armory?

And I know that sounds exactly like Halo Reach. But in Halo Reach you had to rank up. What if I was like level 10 and saw like the ODST helmet though it was cool and I can't get it because oops you gotta be level 20.
Olive3000 wrote:
I can see that no one likes REQs. And yeah I did some research. I can see where your coming from.
Yeah, req packs seem to be the one thing this forum is mostly in agreement on. The biggest issue with Halo 5's reqs is that you cannot avoid them, everything is unlocked through them. Had they tied certain unique armours to achievements or player rank it would have helped.

343i also didn't help the issue by putting Helioskrill in reqs. It was only available by doing the MCC campaigns on legendary to begin with, I was elated when I booted up Halo 5 to find this cool armour. Then 343i put a version of it in the reqs, that was disappointing, but we move on.

Suffice to say, it seems the majority of this forum is against reqs. Also, I would be careful what you wish for with see what you buy scenarios. Gears 5 has a store where you can do that, but it's also an egregious cash grab, they also use very underhand tactics, Haloween for example.

Last year they put up a couple of free Haloween skins, but if you wanted the set you had to buy the rest from the store, I don't believe I played Gears 5 after that. If I did it was very little. The obscene grind and the free to play economy in a full priced game killed it for me. 343i need to ge this right.

I think there should be certain items tied to progress / achievements, and other items unlocked through missions or daily / weekly challenges if Halo Infinite has them. As for a store ? I'm not keen on micro transactions in a full priced game, but I would tolerate a reasonably priced store with decent content.
yeh the req variations of weapons made super fiesta way way more fun than on mcc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2