Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Hear me out I liked the idea of reqs

OP Olive3000

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I do not mind the req system. I just want to be able to buy what I want. If I want all ONI Scorpions, I should be able to get those. As long as there is a store, I will be happy. Permanent weapon/vehicle unlocks would be nice, but that may be unrealistic. That seems like a lot of potential money 343 would be giving up.

As far as cosmetics, I agree there should be certain armors and such that are for game achievements. I get and agree with special stuff like Achilles for those that work for it. I think the bulk of stuff should be available for purchase though. Unfortunately I work full time. I am only interested in the campaign and Firefight. I play as much as I can, but I do not want to have to do a part of multiplayer that I do not want to play to get something that should be available in the store.
Not only do I hate micro-transcations, I hate them in full retail priced games, especially if they are loot-boxes/gambling and or pay-to-win. Hate REQs more so, because it was the only way to unlock cosmetics. I LOVED earning awesome looking cosmetics that you had to work hard for in previous Halo games.
I never want to see random packs in a Halo game again, even if you can't pay for them. It ruins the fun of trying to get certain achievements to unlock something, or saving your in game currency earned by playing on the armor you want. I stopped playing Halo 5 for a year or 2, and only came back (1) because they added/fixed a lot of the social modes and those are infinitely more fun to my friend and I than WZ, and (2) I wanted to complete the Lone Wolf achievement. What discouraged me from playing was random lootboxes that held all the cosmetics, and ranking up was never fun. You rank up, get a new number, and then more random lootboxes??? Even the beta of Halo 5 had a progression system that included armor in ranking up.

The best route for Infinite to go is:
1) Stay far far away from lootboxes, and intrusive MTXs (which will probably be in the game :/ )
2) Use either achievements, in game currency that can't be bought, or a rank up progression system for the armor and stuff like that. Even a combination of these would be better than lootboxes.
3) A limited time battlepass would be almost as bad as lootboxes. Want that awesome Mark V helmet? Oh you work a full time job 5 to 7 days a week and can't grind for it? Too bad it's already gone :( MCC's season is fine because as far as I can see, it doesn't change at all, they just named it season pass even though it's just a tier progression chart.

343 has had 2 games to learn from mistakes, and after backlash from 5, I don't think lootboxes will be coming back.

Warzone would be a lot more fun if you had usage count limits per REQ weapon every game, instead of spending the weapon card and losing it.
I do not mind the req system. I just want to be able to buy what I want. If I want all ONI Scorpions, I should be able to get those. As long as there is a store, I will be happy. Permanent weapon/vehicle unlocks would be nice, but that may be unrealistic. That seems like a lot of potential money 343 would be giving up.

As far as cosmetics, I agree there should be certain armors and such that are for game achievements. I get and agree with special stuff like Achilles for those that work for it. I think the bulk of stuff should be available for purchase though. Unfortunately I work full time. I am only interested in the campaign and Firefight. I play as much as I can, but I do not want to have to do a part of multiplayer that I do not want to play to get something that should be available in the store.
Microsoft and 343 are already getting plenty of money from gamepass subscriptions, and seeing as this is pretty much a last chance Halo game for them I don't think they will try anything risky.
Sheesh. I was about to go on a rant of how much I hate loot boxes, but I guess you guys have got that covered.
Olive3000 wrote:
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
I got bad news for you, you'll never have a REQ system without monetization. That's why it was implemented in the first place. There would be no point in implementing a system like that if you can't make profit off of it. 343 wouldn't waste resources on it unless they could get some returns. The REQ system had nothing but negative impacts on H5. It made Warzone and firefight grindy nightmares with bullet sponge enemies to make players addicted to weapon/vehicle cards. It ruined any sense of achievement for unlocking anything. It led to the creation of a huge roster of armor pieces of which most were ugly or duplicates for the purpose of making it harder to unlock the cool pieces. It completely ruined the weapons dynamics that previous halo games had. The REQ system cannot be justified, the only positive I could find is that every player unlocked different things, which created some variety. Battlefront 2 launched in 2017, it doesn't matter if the game is good in 2020 because most of the community is already gone. Your game needs to be good and complete at launch. This live service mentality of ''oh yeah we'll fix the game after launch'' needs to stop. No one should be charged 60$ (90$ in Canada) for an incomplete game. Players shouldn't tolerate the lack of care and laziness of developers.
Wow. people must really hate this whole requisition thing.
Valta6803 wrote:
Olive3000 wrote:
Wow. people must really hate this whole requisition thing.
Yep, well it was the worst thing about Halo 5. Most people seem to not want it anywhere near Halo Infinite because of what it did to H5.
I dont know why but for some reason I like them. I dont know if it's the variety or the amount but for some reason it's just like that.
I do not mind the req system. I just want to be able to buy what I want. If I want all ONI Scorpions, I should be able to get those. As long as there is a store, I will be happy. Permanent weapon/vehicle unlocks would be nice, but that may be unrealistic. That seems like a lot of potential money 343 would be giving up.

As far as cosmetics, I agree there should be certain armors and such that are for game achievements. I get and agree with special stuff like Achilles for those that work for it. I think the bulk of stuff should be available for purchase though. Unfortunately I work full time. I am only interested in the campaign and Firefight. I play as much as I can, but I do not want to have to do a part of multiplayer that I do not want to play to get something that should be available in the store.
I totally agree with you. This is exactly what I want but 343 will probably not have this in Halo Infinite.
Cody15x wrote:
I just didn’t like REQ earning system. Full of rng. You had no idea when you’ll get good things like the H2BR. Just continually grinding. But the REQ using system was solid. At REQ level 6 you could use a lvl 3 weapon with a lvl 3 pwr up or a level 6 weapon. This was decently balanced IMO, could use a little more work, but I would not be mad if that part of the REQ system returned.
This for me.

I hope REQ's in general won't be in Infinite. But the diversity and crazy weapons did add to Warzone. Although I must say I only play Warzone FF where they definitely work well. I don't want to grind for weapons per se, but having more outlandish stuff being in Super Fiesta or a Firefight mode is totally fine with me.
if you minus the microtransactions then I'm fine with reqs.
if you minus the microtransactions then I'm fine with reqs.
I totally agree with you. This is what I said at the beginning of this post.
Olive3000 wrote:
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
ok so two things. star wawrs battle front 2 is actually rly fun now and i think that they should keep reqs just for the warzone mode and have customisation like reach
Rainye5788 wrote:
Olive3000 wrote:
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
ok so two things. star wawrs battle front 2 is actually rly fun now and i think that they should keep reqs just for the warzone mode and have customisation like reach
Yeah I agree with you Star Wars Battlefront 2 is super good now. I'm really sad that the final update came though. There was some stuff that needed to be added.
Olive3000 wrote:
Okay so everyone or at least I'm gonna say 75% of the Halo community who got Halo 5 hated the microtransactions and the REQ packs. And I've heard it all like Halo 5 should've had Halo Reach's way of unlocking the armors and helmets or like you unlock certain things through certain achievements. But I like how you could get better things with better packs. And dont get me wrong, I hate microtransactions. However if Halo Infinite has them I'll still buy it because Halo is Halo. No matter how bad things get you still can have good times and things can get better. Let's take a look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. Everyone was excited when they heard a sequel was coming to the first Battlefront. Personally I was but I didn't get when it launched in I think 2018. That game was hyped and I played tons of Star Wars Battlefront before its launch. But then when all the hype was gone and the game was released we all saw the YouTube videos talking about how the campaign was a let down and how there was microtransactions and the game was pay to win. And some YouTube video showed the lack of Heroes in the game and how we shouldn't spend like 60 or 70 dollars for it. But back to Halo. I just hope the game has the packs. Or something like that. Like you get armors fo ranking up and for getting commendations you get armors and helmets. But there is also REQ packs. But you can only buy them with the REQ points. And the points can only be earned by completing games and challenges. You can't buy the points. That's what I'd like to see. But I don't know if well get that. By the way I got Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2020. By that time it was a good game. You only got packs for completing challenges. You could only by skins with the in game currency which I'm like 95% sure you couldn't buy it with real money. Sorry if that was long but tell me what you think if you've gotten this far.
But why have them? They take the value out of everything inside of them and they end up screwing the rest of the game. Take halo 5, there is next to no armour customisation in the game and of the, what, 219 or so armours, about a third of those are just pointless variants whose only purpose is to fill the unlock system with pointless things that nobody wants just so that you have to play the game longer to get what you want. And even then, after months or perhaps even years of playing the game, when you finally get what you want, it has absolutely no value as someone could've just got it in one of their first packs. AND, the devs put more time into making useless hunks of armour and emblems that nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to pollute the packs which then means that less time and resources go into actually new modes, maps, different armour, more thorough customisation options, and good dlc.

Also to combat the point you made in another post about casual players not getting armour they want, the whole point of getting armour at a certain level or after a certain challenge is to reward players for putting in the time and the effort into the game to actually earn those rewards, rather then just be given it randomly. It also acts as a way to distinguish the more experienced players from the less experienced ones. I just don't get the argument for "but what about the players who don't put in the time to get the armour that they want? Just give them an easier way to unlock it!" as that ruins the whole reason of having a unlock system in the first place. It's like saying that the devs should give the items to players who want it but don't want to put in the time and effort to get it. Remember the backlash to them doing that when MCC launched.

Btw, I just want to clarify that I don't mean this in a hostile or angry way towards your opinion, I just have a lot of points I want to make and can get really into it 😂 Just know that I do respect your opinion and at the end of the day, if you like reqs, that's absolutely fine. I just feel particularly strong about this topic as you can probably tell 😂

Have a good day.
So basically the majority opinion here is that 343 shouldn't make a dime for anything after the retail purchase of the game. That is laughable in 2020! Game development costs are higher than ever, and the retail prices of those games are not reflecting those development cost increases. I want Halo to be a Microsoft cash cow because I always want it to be around.

I thought the H5 Req system was great. When the game dropped I felt the majority of Reviewer's opinions (and mine) was that it was was a good balance. Nearly every single thing in the req pool you could unlock for free...just by playing the game. If you wanted to get stuff easier/faster you had the option to pay to unlock things faster. Also, there were plenty of rotating packs where you could purchase more specific unlocks for money and/or RP at certain points. If you missed those opportunities it's because you were not playing the game. People will always cry that they can't get the specific item they want. If it's not from a random 'pack' then it'll 'cost too much money' or 'cost too much in-game currency" or 'unlock at too high of a level' or 'require too much playtime'.

Were there H5 multiplayer flaws? Absolutely. Achilles farming is at the top of my list. But you were able to unlock enough to be competitive in Warzone relatively soon into the game. The Answer is a rare req for freaks sake! You can get it with silver packs! Players will always envy what they don't have, and complain they they can't have it as easily/soon/cheaply as someone else. H5 reqs gave you the opportunity to purchase your way through faster...but still get nearly everything by playing the game. Plus have things like emblems and weapon skins to display feats that you've earned on the battlefield or show contributions to the Halo community as a whole. When
So basically the majority opinion here is that 343 shouldn't make a dime for anything after the retail purchase of the game. That is laughable in 2020! Game development costs are higher than ever, and the retail prices of those games are not reflecting those development cost increases. I want Halo to be a Microsoft cash cow because I always want it to be around.
We're not saying 343 shouldn't make money after the purchase of a game, we're saying that we don't want loot boxes that ruin the whole experience of unlocking items and grinding for special rewards. I think that I can say that most people would be fine with a pack of weapon skins that you can buy and maybe some armour (like what halo 4 did), just as long as they don't ruin the customisables because of it.
I thought the H5 Req system was great. When the game dropped I felt the majority of Reviewer's opinions (and mine) was that it was was a good balance. Nearly every single thing in the req pool you could unlock for free...just by playing the game. If you wanted to get stuff easier/faster you had the option to pay to unlock things faster. Also, there were plenty of rotating packs where you could purchase more specific unlocks for money and/or RP at certain points. If you missed those opportunities it's because you were not playing the game. People will always cry that they can't get the specific item they want. If it's not from a random 'pack' then it'll 'cost too much money' or 'cost too much in-game currency" or 'unlock at too high of a level' or 'require too much playtime'.
While part of the problem is that you can buy a bunch of packs with money to get really good reqs and dominate the other team in warzone, the main problem isn't about being able to buy it, it's how it impacts the game as a whole. I mainly talked about these in my earlier post so if you want to read it in detail you can, but in short it means we get more filler items rather than quality ones, no items have value, and it just screws customisation as a whole. Again, if you haven't, read my earlier post for detail on why this is the case. Also, if they do change it people won't 'cry' about it costing too much currency or taking too long because now the items will have value so when you unlock them, you feel like you've actually accomplished something and like you deserve it. People have literally been begging for the halo: reach and halo 3 style customisation and unlock system to return since halo 4, which wouldn't be the case if they thought it would take to long to earn or cost too much currency. That disproves that argument.
Were there H5 multiplayer flaws? Absolutely. Achilles farming is at the top of my list. But you were able to unlock enough to be competitive in Warzone relatively soon into the game. The Answer is a rare req for freaks sake! You can get it with silver packs! Players will always envy what they don't have, and complain they they can't have it as easily/soon/cheaply as someone else. H5 reqs gave you the opportunity to purchase your way through faster...but still get nearly everything by playing the game. Plus have things like emblems and weapon skins to display feats that you've earned on the battlefield or show contributions to the Halo community as a whole.
People were annoyed because warzone is literally pay-to-win whether you like it or not. You literally say it yourself! In battlefront 2, you could still earn the cards in game but you could also pay to get more, better cards faster which is why it was pay-to-win! Sure it's not as bad as battlefront 2 but it is still bad and that's why people were annoyed. Also while, yes, there are emblems to show off your feats, that is only a tiny portion of the customisables in the game and they're just emblems which are not as cool as having that sweet armour. Having armour unlock through challenges means that while you're fighting someone, you can see roughly how good they are, rather then having to go onto the scoreboard to see how good your opponents are and even then you won't know who are the good ones unless you look at their emblem, look at their name, then get into a fight and read their name to then realise their skill. Also this is a prime example of them putting the cool armours that people want into worthless packs rather then making them unlock through challenges. As far as the weapon skins that unlock through challenges go, there's only one challenge that unlocks like 5 pistol skins depending on how far through it you are. And still, the challenge is just win matches which is more of a comment on the time you put into the game rather then your skill, which isn't a bad thing, just saying. But with weapon skins, again, you don't look at that when you're fighting someone so, unless you go out of your way to match people's emblems to their gamertags and look at their pistol skin while fighting them which will probably mean you will lose the gunfight so why would you do that, you can't gage people's skill while fighting.
Olive3000 wrote:
I dont know why but for some reason I like them. I dont know if it's the variety or the amount but for some reason it's just like that.
Ok, so first you said something along the lines that you didnt like how some armors are locked behind ranks (and id agree if you had to spend a ridiculous amount of time to obtain said rank or a skill unachievable by most).

Then you said you like the variety it provides (which I like the variety that came with it too).

What Im getting from that is accessible vareity.
But how req packs are implemented now the content is far from accesible as it eliminates the choice of the thing you earn. What if I just wanted that odst helmet in halo 5? How long do I have to grind to get that? Maybe 1 game? maybe 1000 games? While as if I could unlock it through a linear progression system I at least know how far I have to go to obtain it. I can set a goal.

If you are arguing just for the variety and accesiblity of the sandbox then of course , I dont know many people that would disagree. (although there is the argument that the sandbox becomes diluted).
Personally, Id push back a bit against a certain type of vareity. I prefer standardized equipment and armor when going into a game, and while maby a minor decal change or minor armor change is fine imo, I rather not have an entirely different weapon or vehicle or armor set accesible to one person and not to others. If you want new sandbox elements, place them on the map.
But if you summon things in game, I rather have them the same across the board at least in terms of gameplay.
If you can summon an AA wraith, then everyone should be able to. If you can summon a hunter's weapon same thing with other people. Maybe you can have your weapon personalized with certain decals and cosmetics, but thats as far as id go with agreeing.

I know ive shifted the focus of my argument a couple times, but I did so to make sure i address your point, where ever that might be.
If its in armor unlocks, or weapons and skins, or vehicles.

If you got lost in what ive said:
What ever system there is, having variety that you can achieve fairly and reasonably is something very few people will disagree with and I hope halo infinite has that.
So basically the majority opinion here is that 343 shouldn't make a dime for anything after the retail purchase of the game.
There is not one reply in this thread that states that, or even alludes to it. We hate reqs because they add an overly grindy rng loot system to Halo, and most of the time I get garbage or replicas with a different white stripe or shape on it. They also bring a pay to win element to the game.

My other issue with reqs is that they ripped the customisation right out of Halo. I don't want a repeat of this in Halo Infinite and thankfully many games seem to be dropping them. If 343i want to sell buy what you see skin packs, fine by me. If there's rng loot in Halo Infinite, I won't buy it.
So basically the majority opinion here is that 343 shouldn't make a dime for anything after the retail purchase of the game.
If the way they make their dimes is by recycling armor and map content and patching in modes and features previous Halo games launched with under the disguise of being “new” content, then no, they don’t.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2