Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

HI Boats and what this implies with HI Forge...

OP Annex Angel

So with the megaconstrux toys we see a two in one style set that can be either a warthog or a boat. Now some of this has been assumed to not actually be something in game but just an example for cool build ideas as the instructions for the alternate build were not with the set but instead could be found on the website. but What if a boat were to be in a game... this would imply it could be used in forge. So woulden't there then be some sort of water manipulation or placeable water in Forge like never before? Imagine being able to create like a water surfing forge mini game in infinite!! or aquatic infection... there are so many fresh and cool ideas you could create if there were boats and cool manipulative water features in forge!! what are your thoughts?
I think that would be a fun idea. As for whether or not boats are gonna be in Infinite, as you said, it was possibly just an alternate megaconstrux build with no lore implications. However, there were plans back before CE to have a boat in the game, and the Infinite engine demo did put a lot of emphasis on water. It would be cool to have a water level. It's gonna be a big map, and there will be water. So I'd really like to have a means of exploring that water with something like a boat.
I think that would be a fun idea. As for whether or not boats are gonna be in Infinite, as you said, it was possibly just an alternate megaconstrux build with no lore implications. However, there were plans back before CE to have a boat in the game, and the Infinite engine demo did put a lot of emphasis on water. It would be cool to have a water level. It's gonna be a big map, and there will be water. So I'd really like to have a means of exploring that water with something like a boat.
I can see this turning into insta-kills. People abandoning the craft before it blows realizing that Spartans will sink
I can see this turning into insta-kills. People abandoning the craft before it blows realizing that Spartans will sink
maybe halo will include swimming! How they could make that make sense, I have no idea
maybe halo will include swimming! How they could make that make sense, I have no idea
Considering Spartans weigh almost half a ton in their armour, it seems unlikely.

Now if we were playing as regular humans, like Marines or ODSTs, then swimming might make sense.
Considering Spartans weigh almost half a ton in their armour, it seems unlikely.

Now if we were playing as regular humans, like Marines or ODSTs, then swimming might make sense.
To be fair, the fact that we have genetically augmented humans walking around in a half-ton worth of nuclear-powered armor is already an unlikely scenario. Adding in micro-thrusters that provide buoyancy (just made that up on the spot, so forgive me if it's a dumb idea) isn't that far outside the realm of possibility for Halo. There's already a Gen2 Mjolnir variant specifically designed for underwater missions so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

I'd doubt a hand-held grappling hook would be able to pull that weight by itself and not bend or snap under the pressure either, but Chief flies without problem. The thrusters used on GEN2 armor is capable of holding the user's weight in the air for a time, let alone push that weight in a direction.

I would argue Spartans could swim, even if it sounds pretty surreal.

As for the concept of actual sea combat though, I think it could end up leading to really creative custom games if you could manipulate oceans or create bodies of water. It'd make for a lot of fun, actually, to have those tools provided to us and not have to do some forge magic to get an underwater setting like back then.I think it'd be valuable for 343 to capitalize on expanding forge further like they did in 5 and allow the players to go all out with stuff like this.

That said, I'd be hesitant in believing there's actually sea combat in Infinite. I could see some maps being themed with the sea, like that one map in 5 Riptide(Or R.I.Ptide? I can't recall.) course, but maybe not sea vehicles or battles across water with Halo boats and so forth. I know that the Megabloks can transform into watercraft/hovercraft, though as OP said its generally assumed that we won't be getting things like that in Infinite.

But hey, if we get Infinite and I'm driving around in a wartboat or something, shooting at a mongboat in the distance, I wouldn't be complaining.

I'd doubt a hand-held grappling hook would be able to pull that weight by itself and not bend or snap under the pressure either, but Chief flies without problem. The thrusters used on GEN2 armor is capable of holding the user's weight in the air for a time, let alone push that weight in a direction.

As for the concept of actual sea combat though, I think it could end up leading to really creative custom games if you could manipulate oceans or create bodies of water. It'd make for a lot of fun, actually, to have those tools provided to us and not have to do some forge magic to get an underwater setting like back then.I think it'd be valuable for 343 to capitalize on expanding forge further like they did in 5 and allow the players to go all out with stuff like this.

That said, I'd be hesitant in believing there's actually sea combat in Infinite. I could see some maps being themed with the sea, like that one map in 5 Riptide(Or R.I.Ptide? I can't recall.) course, but maybe not sea vehicles or battles across water with Halo boats and so forth. I know that the Megabloks can transform into watercraft/hovercraft, though as OP said its generally assumed that we won't be getting things like that in Infinite.

But hey, if we get Infinite and I'm driving around in a wartboat or something, shooting at a mongboat in the distance, I wouldn't be complaining.
Lmao "Wartboats" and "Mongboats" maybe we will get something like the "Shark" or "Dolphin"..

To be fair, the fact that we have genetically augmented humans walking around in a half-ton worth of nuclear-powered armor is already an unlikely scenario. Adding in micro-thrusters that provide buoyancy (just made that up on the spot, so forgive me if it's a dumb idea) isn't that far outside the realm of possibility for Halo. There's already a Gen2 Mjolnir variant specifically designed for underwater missions so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
Actually in lore somewhere Blue team was with a mission teaming with insurectionists against the covenant where they eventually left them behind to die but that's besides the point. at some point in the comic (I totally forget the name of it) Blue team was walking on the surface of the ocean and swimming to the surface with some jet pack things back during Reach days so by now they totally have some fancy tech or forerunner reverse ingenerred/Huragock crap that can accomplish this by now lol

Lmao "Wartboats" and "Mongboats" maybe we will get something like the "Shark" or "Dolphin"..

Actually in lore somewhere Blue team was with a mission teaming with insurectionists against the covenant where they eventually left them behind to die but that's besides the point. at some point in the comic (I totally forget the name of it) Blue team was walking on the surface of the ocean and swimming to the surface with some jet pack things back during Reach days so by now they totally have some fancy tech or forerunner reverse ingenerred/Huragock crap that can accomplish this by now lol
Thank you for the info! I love when more lore is introduced into the forums. It makes the “idea” more possible however I think it won’t work in MP. You’ll end up having people underwater fighting

Thank you for the info! I love when more lore is introduced into the forums. It makes the “idea” more possible however I think it won’t work in MP. You’ll end up having people underwater fighting
lol that would be rather simple to solve... some interesting ideas include having your shields break when your underwater making you more vulnerable, this could also be used as a tactic, say someone pushes you into the water then finishes you with a headshot. Human weapons at least might be less effective and inflict less damage or even just fire slower underwater. Even another option, is just have an "oxygen bar" or something where you can only be underwater for a certain amount at a time. also create swimming or underwater weapons like a UNSC harpoon sniper gun or something... the possibilities are endless!!!