Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

High level update

OP Nadekill1379

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Brian Jarrard wrote on reddit that 343 is planning a "high level update" on halo infinite in the next few weeks. Also Infinite will not be at game awards.
But Jarrard says 343 is planning to be more transparent with us from now on.

Personally, I'm expecting something along the lines of a development update, a more precise release window, maybe even a date (I'm starting to lean more towards a fall 2021 release date now)

What do yall think about this update? Is this good or bad? Expectations? Etc...
I think it’s good that they set the expectation about the VGAs. What’s bad is that we have had to wait for about 5 months to get another update from 343 since the campaign showcase.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I "high level update" would be a start. Better late than never, I guess.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
High level is no multiplayer reveal. Also not gonna be expecting content either. Just some words and promises on more to come after the holidays.
Sounds like pretty standard stuff from 343 whenever something isn’t going well. Still expecting some fun stuff from Xbox in general at the Game Awards, even if Halo isn’t there.

Regardless, I’m excited to hear more about Infinite soon.
at least it something windows central thinks its an in depth blog post
I'm interested into what their goal is going to be with this "high level update". Its better late than never for 343 to start becoming more transparent. Sketch saying they want to become more transparent tells me, for sure, that they at least have heard the criticism people have given them in relating to communication with us. It doesn't help the fact that they had 5 years to become transparent, but again, better late then never. I'm glad to hear that.

Sketch said they'll restart the journey after the holidays, so at least in 2021 they look like they'll be giving us more. They hope to get this "high level update" in the next few weeks, so...take it as you will. I hope we get something in the next few weeks too, Sketch.

Sucks to hear that Halo Infinite won't be at the Game Awards, but I'll live with it. At least they're telling us they won't be there so we know not to show up if that's the only thing you're going to watch for.

Overall, I really appreciate Sketch telling us Infinite won't be at VGAs and saying that they're aiming for more transparency. It gives me hope, and it at least eases my soul to hear that 343 is hearing my(and others in the community's) concerns with talking to the fans. But actions speak louder than words, so while I do appreciate it, I will continue to keep my hopes/expectations tempered till they show us how transparent they'll be and the what conversations we'll have with 343.
"Restart this journey" reminds me of re-marketing for the game. And based on the time frame suggested by Ske7ch, I'm expecting a Holiday 2021 release date. Which I'm okay with it they need that much time to make the game a masterpiece.

What do y'all think when it comes to release date predictions?
Tariq9898 wrote:
"Restart this journey" reminds of me re-marketing for the game. And based on the time frame suggested by Ske7ch, I'm expecting a Holiday 2021 release date. Which I'm okay with it they need that much time to make the game a masterpiece.

What do y'all think when it comes to release date predictions?
Windows Central ArticleI’d personally prefer a holiday 2021 release date. In my opinion that would give them ZERO reasons this game shouldn’t launch complete and exceed most expectations and should give ample time to launch some type of beta between now and then.
This leads me to believe we shouldn't expect anything major before January... I will distract myself with other things until then.
Tariq9898 wrote:
Windows Central ArticleI’d personally prefer a holiday 2021 release date. In my opinion that would give them ZERO reasons this game shouldn’t launch complete and exceed most expectations and should give ample time to launch some type of beta between now and then.
Well said.

I read on Twitter from a reliable source (Klobrille) that the game is content complete. 343 is just working on the technical aspects as of this moment. Now I don't know much about game development, but can the technical workings of a game take an entire year assuming it is content complete?
just show us multiplayer footage already 343
Did I misunderstand something, or remember wrong? But wasn't the plan at some point to be more transparent in the first place? For some reason the Halo Wars 2 reveal pops into my head, because I asociate it with a statement that no Halo would be without a beta / flight from that point forward, and Halo Infinite would've released without one at this point.

Other than that, not expecting much we probably couldn't guess at this point.
Tariq9898 wrote:
Tariq9898 wrote:
Well said.

I read on Twitter from a reliable source (Klobrille) that the game is content complete. 343 is just working on the technical aspects as of this moment. Now I don't know much about game development, but can the technical workings of a game take an entire year assuming it is content complete?
Considering how buggy some games can be, yes it could take a year.

That said, hopefully 343 has better optimized Slipspace than other more troublesome engines.
I'm completely fine with delays honestly. The first impression has a huge impact on the game's relevancy over the years. So far Halo Infinite's reputation is looking pretty bad which I won't lie my expectations are pretty low as well with everything we've seen. If 343 can nail a good launch then Halo might somehow be revived from being a dying franchise.
“High level update” - these are words said by them so as such the bar is set. We can only hypothesise what this actually means. However, hopefully they know what this doesn’t mean.
It isn’t allowed to mean;
- more changes features without an actual explanation
- features that are missing
- a roadmap to news down the line (I’m ok if they do a roadmap, but not if the big announcement is “We have a roadmap, see!”)

What it should be;
- beta announcements
- possible release date but not entirely necessary
- more in-depth gameplay with explanations by developers. E.g. this weapon does this, this is a new enemy type, this is one of many new vehicles making its way to halo infinite, etc.
- showcasing customisation (answer the questions that should have been answered the day after the coatings mess came up)
- new forge, custom game browsers, etc.

It certainly doesn’t need all of the above at once, but if they say “high level” and “transparency” in the same post, then we should expect exactly that. I know what I literally just said is common sense but I would legitimately not be surprised if the news was mediocre. Just based on evidence at least, or rather lack thereof.
To my understanding “high level update” means exactly the opposite of what it implies in the IT community. It doesn’t mean specifics or details, think of taking an airplane up into the air to get the “big picture”-lay of the land sort of speak. You’ll see the stuff but very broad strokes as compared to the details. Tether your expectations...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3