Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

High level update

OP Nadekill1379

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Example of a "High Level Update" - There will be a immersive campaign with large open maps featuring vehicles and large weapons, and there will be maps in tight quarters with intense hand-to-hand combat. There will be free-to-play multiplayer with a variety of playlists to satisfy nearly everyone's play style; from big team battle to 2v2, slayer to CTF. New and improved Forge to foster the creativity of Halo's great community. Character customization including armor styles and colors. We look forward to bringing you more information soon!
"High level" most often is related to a high elevation. From a mountain peak or plane window you can see a city's buildings, major roadways, rivers, open spaces, etc. You cannot see the details like the quality of the infrastructure, the types of vehicles on the roads, and you certainly won't be able to see any bugs.
So in short, I would expect them to "show" us (again at this far away level of detail) the major parts that make up the game.
I'm hoping they will announce that the flood will 100% be in it, hope they show us all he modes too.
"High level" most often is related to a high elevation. From a mountain peak or plane window you can see a city's buildings, major roadways, rivers, open spaces, etc. You cannot see the details like the quality of the infrastructure, the types of vehicles on the roads, and you certainly won't be able to see any bugs.
So in short, I would expect them to "show" us (again at this far away level of detail) the major parts that make up the game.
There's so much unclear about the game at this point that an Infinite Q&A in a community update would do wonders. They need to address a few things such as what is included in the 60$ package, the free-to-play multiplayer's features and how they compare to previous titles (at least in broad strokes), how monetization will work, what is the structure of the campaign (free roam open world or just very large missions? and what of the length?), what is this "Reach style customization" really going to be since custom colors have been replaced, etc
There's so much unclear about the game at this point that an Infinite Q&A in a community update would do wonders. They need to address a few things such as what is included in the 60$ package, the free-to-play multiplayer's features and how they compare to previous titles (at least in broad strokes), how monetization will work, what is the structure of the campaign (free roam open world or just very large missions? and what of the length?), what is this "Reach style customization" really going to be since custom colors have been replaced, etc
I think doing a Q&A with the community is a great idea. If we could do some type of voting/poll system on here it could narrow the questions down and get those that are most important to the community answered. At the same time it would show more of a 'united' community and possibly draw more of an appeal from 343i.
I hope you are right, but it is unlikely.
Remember the good ol' days when we would at least get teased by Bungie/343. Halo 5 was released 5 years ago. What official communication has happened since then that has given us any real information? It feels like Infinite has been on the back burner for so long that 343 forgot they had a deadline coming up.
I’m a tad confused by the use of the words ‘high level’.
Like does that mean just lots of info, or is it in relation to how the game looked, like a showcase of how the game is looking now?

Either way, I’m happy to be getting news in general.
See my post at the top of this page Astro
I think i've heard something similar to this...around 50 times in the last 8 years. Soon™ really has been the slogan for nearly a decade.
I’m a tad confused by the use of the words ‘high level’.
Like does that mean just lots of info, or is it in relation to how the game looked, like a showcase of how the game is looking now?

Either way, I’m happy to be getting news in general.
I think a bird’s eye view of where things stand.

Their operations will pretty much shut down after Thanksgiving until the New Year, so it will be good to get any kind of update.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Lol moderators are soft
Nup. Still can't get my head around what they meant by "high level".

I tend to associate the term with management position / decision. As this edict has been passed down from a "high level".

So they could still tell us next to nothing... as long as said information comes from someone high up in the company. :)

But hopeful we will find out, at a minimum;

1. Release date. Doesn't have to be specific date. At least which quarter of 2021.
2. Campaign; a fresh look to see what has been fixed since the last demo. Hopefully better lighting and textures (especially when in shadow). Fix the engine pop in issues.
3. Multiplayer; even a trailer would do. We need to know the movement mechanics going forward.
4. Forge. Please.
See I find that counter intuitive. If you hear the term “high level” people should expect “high level”. Something of a low standard such as vague announcements should be considered a low level since its low... They are setting up for failure again if they give us a low level announcements despite explicitly saying high level.
High Level in development usually means more of the 'surface details', the 'tip of the iceburg'. It has nothing to do with quality. Its the level you use for your boss who likely doesn't know programming or at least the inner workings of the program. When it comes to 'low level' discussion (though i've usually heard it called 'in depth', but that does imply 'lower than the surface') its more of the nitty gritty, the many smaller details that make the project work . The inner cogs of how it works. How the people actually making the program talk about the project.

I could be wrong, but its how I instantly read it when they said high level. English can be a really weird language as yes, if they're using high level in the context of quality you'd be entirely right. But when in the context of development, a high level discussion is usually the opposite of an 'indepth' one.
Not saying you’re right or wrong, but if you are indeed right then they need to readjust how they are setting expectations. I can see upward of 95% of people who receive this news to expect literally “high” as exactly that.

It’s like me saying “Definitive high level content, definitely lots of content guaranteed” then saying “oh sorry, that’s in-house lingo which means we haven’t got much to say at all”.

Even with you explaining it to me, I can’t help but feel the terms contradict the examples. Again, not saying your wrong. But using in-house vocabulary that close to no one else will understand is a set up for failure. Despite being consistent with their track record.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3