Hitmarkers :/

OP SHAD0W BULL3T

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hey, can you guys please make hitmarkers an optional thing? Like you’re able to turn them on and off, also same with the kill confirmed ping noise. They both really take away from the immersion in my opinion. For us classic fans out there that’d be a huge deal really.
Exactly what i was thinking OP,the hitmarkers were the first thing i hated immediately when i saw them,combined with Grunts cries when shot.It instantly reminded me of Halo 5 Campaign and i was depressed as hell.
Remove those -Yoink- hitmarkers they hurt my eyes and my soul!
I hope the mp doesn't have that
Bump I personally like them but the more player choice the better there should be and option to remove them or add them
I didn't even notice the hit mark sounds, but now that I think about it they were there.

I think hit marks should be in multiplayer, not in campaign. it takes away the immersion big time for me. How does my armour know I killed that enemy? At least the simulations in multiplayer have a reason for it.
I don't really care about the hitmarkers. It's easy to ignore them because I keep shooting at grunts until it's dead.
sniper945 wrote:
I didn't even notice the hit mark sounds, but now that I think about it they were there.

I think hit marks should be in multiplayer, not in campaign. it takes away the immersion big time for me. How does my armour know I killed that enemy? At least the simulations in multiplayer have a reason for it.
It’s nanobots performing their magic.

I really hope they get rid of that sound as well. It does not belong in Halo. I love it in CoD, but not here. Same reason I don’t want to see shields and so on in CoD.
Tresor564 wrote:
Bump I personally like them but the more player choice the better there should be and option to remove them or add them
What can you possibly like about hitmarkers?They totally ruin the gameplay for me.Only hitmarker i could take is a grenade one.
I understand people like them of course, and the ping noise upon kill, but we should have a setting to turn them off across campaign and multiplayer. This way we can please those who do like them, and those who don’t (^^)b.
I understand people like them of course, and the ping noise upon kill, but we should have a setting to turn them off across campaign and multiplayer. This way we can please those who do like them, and those who don’t (^^)b.
In multiplayer that would just put those who turn them off at a disadvantage I’d reckon.
In multiplayer that would just put those who turn them off at a disadvantage I’d reckon.
Not me, I’m not playing cod, I’m playing halo. Those things are distracting to me.
Not me, I’m not playing cod, I’m playing halo. Those things are distracting to me.
Alright, well, while you wonder if your grenade did any damage, your opponent will be certain. They don’t distract me since they come and go so quickly, so I’ll take it.
I think they shouldn't be in Halo at all and from what we've seen there is more than enough visual feedback. Shields of the elites lighting up and armor pieces of the brutes falling apart.
Alright, well, while you wonder if your grenade did any damage, your opponent will be certain.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good point for a lot of people. But I know if my grenade hits because I’m good enough to. I don’t need hand holding, never did in the classic games, I don’t need it now either. It’s just annoying, if someone wants it on then let them, if someone wants it off then let them. It’s their fault if they can’t handle the “disadvantage.”
I Achi I wrote:
I think they shouldn't be in Halo at all and from what we've seen there is more than enough visual feedback. Shields of the elites lighting up and armor pieces of the brutes falling apart.
I sort of agree, but I’d really just hope to find a happy medium. The merging of the classic and current halo community is what’s challenging. It’s very polarized, and we need to recognize that the game that was made isn’t for just one group of fans. Therefore, I feel that we should try to meet in the middle on most things.
Please 343 give us the choice. Hitmarkers break the game for me. I can't stop complaining about it. You removed the grenade explosion hitmark I really appreciate that! So don't forget the guys who follow Halo since the beginning and went through every pain since Reach. Give us the on/off option, please!
an on/off option would be the best of both worlds. as for the sounds of positive hits, thats just silly imo. You shouldn't need two verifiable ways to indicate your shots are landing on target. I want to hear the gun going off and the impact of the bullet searing through the flesh/armor. All the more reason to return Halo from the T rating to M...give us the real hit markers...blood and gore! TBH i don't think many parents are checking on the ratings given how TV/Music is in todays society anyway.

grenade hit marks should NEVER be in. it gives the player an unfair advantage and able to time his attack around the corner after a grenade hits. if it doesn't hit then its a safe assumption that the player either found cover or went the other way. meanwhile the grenade tosser is given this information either way.
I actually find the hit marker pretty satisfying, but I understand why people don't like it. I wouldn't really care if it was removed, but I probably would still use it even if there was an option to turn it off
Hey, can you guys please make hitmarkers an optional thing? Like you’re able to turn them on and off, also same with the kill confirmed ping noise. They both really take away from the immersion in my opinion. For us classic fans out there that’d be a huge deal really.
I don't mind the hit marker, but I'm all for the option to turn it off.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4