Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Holiday 2020 release

OP Pluto70

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
"Five years. Five long years...That's how long it took us to get Halo 6 in our hands."

At least we'll have Reach to keep us occupied for 18 months.
"Five years. Five long years...That's how long it took us to get Halo 6 in our hands."

Yeah you should have play Halo 5

?
UGH I still have Halo Blue Balls, I WANT MOAR!!! I'm beyond hyped!!
You know I've been going through here and looking at a lot of your playing habits most of you that are commenting don't really play Halo I thought I was an interesting observation how strange
If only seasoned vets of this game had a voice or played... the population would dwindle. I've played them my entire life, but since my days of a bright eyed high school freshman playing H:CE many hours a week has now given away to a career, wife and children. If new blood wasn't coming in to support new games, my favorite franchise would die.

At this rate they better not follow real time or every game would need a new A.I. due to rampancy.
Pluto70 wrote:
You know I've been going through here and looking at a lot of your playing habits most of you that are commenting don't really play Halo I thought I was an interesting observation how strange
If only seasoned vets of this game had a voice or played... the population would dwindle. I've played them my entire life, but since my days of a bright eyed high school freshman playing H:CE many hours a week has now given away to a career, wife and children. If new blood wasn't coming in to support new games, my favorite franchise would die.
I didn't say anything to the contrary I just thought it was interesting that most of the people excited about the new game have really played Halo 5 that much

?
Unless you are using a fake account to talk here it says that you have never played Halo 5 which I understand it wasn't everybody's cup of tea
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="DigitalVanquish" data-postid="43"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote specific specific42" data-username="Hilbillysamura1" data-postid="42"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote specific specific41" data-username="DigitalVanquish" data-postid="41"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;"Five years. Five long years...That's how long it took us to get Halo 6 in our hands."&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;At least we'll have Reach to keep us occupied for 18 months.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;/blockquote&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Yeah you should have play Halo 5&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;?&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Unless you're using a false name to talk here whenever I click on your account it says you have my played Halo 5&lt;/p&gt;</p>

?
Unless you are using a fake account to talk here it says that you have never played Halo 5 which I understand it wasn't everybody's cup of tea
Ohhh...No, I haven't played Halo 5 on this account. I've only played MCC, and only the campaigns (and Spartan Ops) at that. This account is for my own Xbox profile of the same name, because I used to play on my Dad's Xbox account when I was younger. So I'm having to make my way back through them all.
Pluto70 wrote:
I didn't say anything to the contrary I just thought it was interesting that most of the people excited about the new game have really played Halo 5 that much
H5 left a bad taste in some people's mouth fast. Though it wasn't my favorite, I enjoyed it enough to give it some time.
Now hopefully the game will be finished by then.
I dont see why it wouldn't be. Plenty of time to work and test with the new engine.
Geoffyz wrote:
So, does the first trailer we saw last year take place after the one we just saw?
I think so.

A neat theory I read was the Infinity was used to damage the ring (maybe ramming it or something).

The crew ejected which is why marines are scattered waiting to be found. All speculation of course but I thought it sounded cool.

?
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="DigitalVanquish" data-postid="43"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote specific specific42" data-username="Hilbillysamura1" data-postid="42"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote specific specific41" data-username="DigitalVanquish" data-postid="41"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;"Five years. Five long years...That's how long it took us to get Halo 6 in our hands."&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;At least we'll have Reach to keep us occupied for 18 months.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Yeah you should have play Halo 5&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;?&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Unless you're using a false name to talk here whenever I click on your account it says you have my played Halo 5&lt;/p&gt;</p>
I’m scared. I know I shouldn’t be but I am.
Nadesicle wrote:
Merry Christmas to me in 2020.... :)
Right?!!!! Looks like my kids Xmas presents are going to be very few, daddy is getting a few new toys.
Pluto70 wrote:
The trailer excited me, and I am looking forward to this game, but I really have to start seeing more. With every new Halo release, there always seems to be a surge of new fans or “light players” that express there excitement for the game. I’m not entirely sure what you’re getting at, but if you’re concerned about there not being as many fans who put in large amounts of play time into H5 specifically, I wouldn’t be worried.

I’d assume most of those people have been long times fans and are just waiting out the info flood; also, with that in mind, they’re likely just tired. When I mean tired, is that they aren’t going to be flooding forums and putting so much energy into this new game, because they’re tired of being so invested and then ultimately let down. Those fans have likely grown up a fair amount and do not have the time for it like they used to. At least this is how I feel, I’ll speak for myself, but I think that’s how a lot of them feel too. I want to see results, progress, and most importantly the truth of the game... no more lies. I don’t have time for BS.

Regardless of any main Halo Game, besides Wars, I’ve put plenty of time in each one despite certain ones having blatant downfalls. Why? Because I love Halo, my favorite franchise, and I don’t run or give up easily. Like the Chief in the trailer, I say “We Fight,” because this is just as much our game as it is 343’s. They have a lot of impressing to do, but we’re here, us dedicated fans of all sorts, not just H5. We're just hiding in the shadows
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
JB Linken wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
So, does the first trailer we saw last year take place after the one we just saw?
I think so.

A neat theory I read was the Infinity was used to damage the ring (maybe ramming it or something).

The crew ejected which is why marines are scattered waiting to be found. All speculation of course but I thought it sounded cool.
That would be interesting... and makes sense with that feeling of "we lost" such as the previous games.
Pluto70 wrote:
I dont see why it wouldn't be. Plenty of time to work and test with the new engine.
Plenty of time yes, but that depends on how well it was managed and in what stage of completion the game is in. If it is in Alpha or even pre-Beta (since beta is now the demo if not the launch product) then sure more than enough but if it is still in Pre-Alpha then it is in some serious trouble.
I don't want to keep bringing up Anthem but they had 7 years, EA in this case wasn't unreasonable to demand the game launch but with all the mismanagement at Bioware it didn't really matter how long the game would have still been a mess. So yes in that case more time won't make a failing project better if it is failing to mismanagement.
Now there is no evidence of mismanagement or anything that would infer development of Halo Infinite is not going well, but there is no evidence or information on anything. If 343 had a spotless record and well no news is just about as good as any news then, but 343 does not have a perfect track record. We just don't know because we have been told nothing.
Geoffyz wrote:
2020 is going to be an amazing year with Scarlett and Halo Infinite.
More like 2021... Imagine all the release bugs and patches that will be released during or after the holiday season.
When I got the Xbox One in 2013 I had little to no problems with it. I had small things like parties not working completely but that was about it. So I am not worried about Scarlett's and Infinites release.
Pluto70 wrote:
Plenty of time yes, but that depends on how well it was managed and in what stage of completion the game is in. If it is in Alpha or even pre-Beta (since beta is now the demo if not the launch product) then sure more than enough but if it is still in Pre-Alpha then it is in some serious trouble.
I don't want to keep bringing up Anthem but they had 7 years, EA in this case wasn't unreasonable to demand the game launch but with all the mismanagement at Bioware it didn't really matter how long the game would have still been a mess. So yes in that case more time won't make a failing project better if it is failing to mismanagement.
Now there is no evidence of mismanagement or anything that would infer development of Halo Infinite is not going well, but there is no evidence or information on anything. If 343 had a spotless record and well no news is just about as good as any news then, but 343 does not have a perfect track record. We just don't know because we have been told nothing.
I think there is no much worry due to MCC issues. Yes they were rough, but that was a big undertaking of multiple and old code in one game. H5 failed due to failed art style, poor story writing and lack of content. The first two are just gambles of change.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3