Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Hooded Spartans?

OP IAMZVK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just thought it would be great if you could add hoods to the Spartan armor would love to seem something like this implemented. A bit like how reach had the chest piece with the hood but in Infinite you should be able to pick from multiple hood styles and whether you want the hood up or down.
Idk that seems a little to far in a weird destiny direction. Everyone has their own taste / wants but hooded spartan armor just sounds silly to me.
That'd be interesting. I wouldn't use it personally, but I'd bet there would be some hood fans.
that could be cool in the looks but not in the function. why would a energy shielded full body armored spartan need a hood? 1. Its badass 2. maybe it has use for cloaking
That would be an interesting new direction for the Spartan customization. As far as I know, none of the other Halos have had much in the way of anything cloth like. Personally I like the customization to stay more military focused, but I wouldn't say no to a hood over the helmet. A full on cape I feel might be a bit too much.
that could be cool in the looks but not in the function. why would a energy shielded full body armored spartan need a hood? 1. Its badass 2. maybe it has use for cloaking
Only thing I could think of would be for stealth focused missions. Help break up the silhouette of the armor. Otherwise it's pretty useless.
A little unusual but I would be open to it. Halo Infinite is said to be full of surprises so who knows.
This gives me a Star Wars vibe.. Spartans aren't Jedi, and I'd rather Halo stick strictly to sci-fi and not venture into the fantasy side of the "sci-fi/fantasy" genre
However much I think it could look quite cool I do think it’d kind of take away from the whole point of Spartans being front line warriors.

Hoods to me resemble more of a stealthy look, not to say Spartans can’t be stealthy but I just don’t see it really fitting right.
Not a fan of hoods in general, but what I wouldn't give to see the 2013 cloaked Chief in Infinite!
Not a fan of hoods in general, but what I wouldn't give to see the 2013 cloaked Chief in Infinite!
Ha ha! As ridiculous as I think that looks, I...might not mind having that in Infinite. Perhaps completing the game's campaign on a certain difficulty, say, Heroic, or unlocking an achievement, would enable the option to have MasterChief with the cloak in campaign. And it should have physics! A properly flowing cloak would look so good!
Reminds me of Destiny, and we already gat a taste of this from the original Halo 5 trailer and the some of the armor from Halo: Reach prior. Could surely look cool as long as it's not overdesigned.
Hoods wouldn't work for me. What does work for me is Jun's armor, from Halo Reach. He has some kind of cloth covering some of his chest and back armor. That is as far as I would go with cloth on a spartan.
No Hoods - cause this is Halo, not Destiny. If you want Hoodies so much play as Hunter in Destiny. Thats it.

Personally, I would preffer camouflage skins or armor, like grass/bush/leaves pieces over your armor. But hell no hoodies...
What purpose would a hood serve a spartan?
Ha ha! As ridiculous as I think that looks, I...might not mind having that in Infinite. Perhaps completing the game's campaign on a certain difficulty, say, Heroic, or unlocking an achievement, would enable the option to have MasterChief with the cloak in campaign. And it should have physics! A properly flowing cloak would look so good!
LASO Achievement in Infinite...honestly should have been LASO or even Legendary achievement in H5 because the 'wallpaper' achievement for beating the game solo-legendary was the Chief wearing the cloak surrounded by Elites.

Overall though...no hoods. It may look cool but then one could argue it looks like Destiny as others have mentioned.
LASO Achievement in Infinite...honestly should have been LASO or even Legendary achievement in H5 because the 'wallpaper' achievement for beating the game solo-legendary was the Chief wearing the cloak surrounded by Elites.

Overall though...no hoods. It may look cool but then one could argue it looks like Destiny as others have mentioned.
Ah...if it were to require LASO, I would never ever be able to get it. Ever. I just can't subject myself to THAT level of absurd difficulty and frustration. It would make it more special, yes, but that kind of difficulty shouldn't be forced onto anyone. I feel that LASO should be one of those "do this if you really want to" things, where the impossibility of its completion is its own reward. Legendary would be more fair and still be difficult/challenging. I just suggested Heroic because I wasn't sure if a simple full cover cloak (with physics, even) was a fitting reward for the hardest difficulty. Perhaps I was mistaken?

Ah...if it were to require LASO, I would never ever be able to get it. Ever. I just can't subject myself to THAT level of absurd difficulty and frustration. It would make it more special, yes, but that kind of difficulty shouldn't be forced onto anyone. I feel that LASO should be one of those "do this if you really want to" things, where the impossibility of its completion is its own reward. Legendary would be more fair and still be difficult/challenging. I just suggested Heroic because I wasn't sure if a simple full cover cloak (with physics, even) was a fitting reward for the hardest difficulty. Perhaps I was mistaken?
I believe Heroic is what Halo was meant to be played on. Only mentioned LASO because the "cloaked version of chief" being something so special, it should require a very special feat to accomplish.

Still a hard pass on 'hooded' spartans though... i did some google searches of Destiny and the armors already look very Halo-styled (granted it is Bungie). Adding hoods to halo would literally blur that line even more.
the closest thing is JUN's ¨ military scarf¨ but I don't think they add clothes or hoods
Nope, they don't need hoods. Sounds pretty wacky to me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2