Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Hopefully the July event reveals a lot of content.

OP SectionUnity

I just want a lot to show for the game. Halo 4 to Halo 5 was a three year time stamp. Halo 5 to Halo Infinite was a Five year time stamp. If anything, they should show a lot more. Its the biggest wait for another Halo game from its previous one. So there should a lot to go down on when it comes to campaign and multiplayer.
Assuming the game launches in November, I'd say we'll get more than just a demo and trailer. We'll probably get release dates, tons of info on MP and Campaign as well as other features since it'd be 4ish months before the launch. I'm gonna guess we'll start getting hands on MP when they show it off since they're cutting it really close and they usually do betas way before launch.
In my perfect world it'll go down like this: show opens with a cutscene then transitions to a campaign gameplay demo. MP mechanics are specified and they play a full match of 4v4. Ends with "you can download the beta right after the show!"
In my perfect world it'll go down like this: show opens with a cutscene than transitions to a campaign gameplay demo. MP mechanics are specified and they play a full match of 4v4. Ends with "you can download the beta right after the show!"
Exactly What I was gonna say! Thanks for typing that out for me!
I am hoping that 343 Industries will show a lot of gameplay footage from Halo Infinite at the Xbox Event.
Agreed. With ske7ch saying they would’ve owned this year’s E3, I think they’ll have a lot of content to show and discuss at and after this July event. Excited we’re actually seeing the game this month.
I just hope it looks good, not just for my sake, but for my friends and family that say "Halo is dead" meanwhile they are bored with every other title they own... I want to be able to show them a clip and prove to them that Halo is back, and it's going to be the biggest game on the market for the next few years... I want to play Halo with my brother again...
Halo 4 to Halo 5 was a three year time stamp. Halo 5 to Halo Infinite was a Five year time stamp.
Keep in mind: Halo Wars 2 came out taking some 343 resources, MCC PC also takes some of 343's resources and a large amount of time needs to be put into making a game engine. While I am hoping Infinite will have at least some more content compared to its predecessors, it is still important to keep your expectations in check. Don't go thinking this is going to be the most jam-packed Halo experience because of the longer development time.
Halo 4 to Halo 5 was a three year time stamp. Halo 5 to Halo Infinite was a Five year time stamp.
Keep in mind: Halo Wars 2 came out taking some 343 resources, MCC PC also takes some of 343's resources and a large amount of time needs to be put into making a game engine. While I am hoping Infinite will have at least some more content compared to its predecessors, it is still important to keep your expectations in check. Don't go thinking this is going to be the most jam-packed Halo experience because of the longer development time.
MCC, Halo wars 2, and Halo Infinite were all made from three separate individual teams. They didnt split their focus through the five years. So either way, the team that focused on Infinite had five years to prepare and surprise everyone.

Not saying that the development time is guarenteeing a great game, just that they had all the the team had a lot of time to make one.
You probably want to call it a gap rather than a "Time Stamp" which typically means a tag of time of creation e.g Made on the 7th of July or Posted on 0707/2020

As for the show, I really hope its an entire day or two of Xbox stuff and Halo is 50% of it.
all made from three separate individual teams. They didnt split their focus through the five years.
Aren't these contradictory statements? Sorry, I am confused on your point. Plus, there is the engine itself as I said.
all made from three separate individual teams. They didnt split their focus through the five years.
Aren't these contradictory statements? Sorry, I am confused on your point. Plus, there is the engine itself as I said.
343 contracted other studios to make Halo Wars 2 (Creative Assembly) and the MCC (Saber Interactive and Splash Damage). The only resource that would be taken from Infinite could potentially be budget, but the rumored budget of Infinite (500 Mill) it probably doesn't matter. 343 studios sole focus these past 5 years has been Infinite, with the other studios focusing on the other titles. HW2 support has ended for now, and the MCC support was dead for a few years until it was revived.
343 contracted other studios to make Halo Wars 2 (Creative Assembly) and the MCC (Saber Interactive and Splash Damage). The only resource that would be taken from Infinite could potentially be budget, but the rumored budget of Infinite (500 Mill) it probably doesn't matter. 343 studios sole focus these past 5 years has been Infinite, with the other studios focusing on the other titles. HW2 support has ended for now, and the MCC support was dead for a few years until it was revived.
As he said
In my perfect world it'll go down like this: show opens with a cutscene then transitions to a campaign gameplay demo. MP mechanics are specified and they play a full match of 4v4. Ends with "you can download the beta right after the show!"
Great start.

Just squeeze in there a bit of chat / demo of the Slipspace engine... leading into a quick demo of Forge.